Gold Card Offer

Status

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Gold Card Offer
18 Mar 2008

The Support Dept. wish to remind you that it is very important to confirm that your address is correct and complete before you accept the Gold Card offer. If any of your account details seem incorrect, we will cancel your order and inform you via email. Unfortunately the offer will then be forfeited.

The Gold Card offer is valid for any participant who deposits at least 5000 PED regardless of the payment method chosen. This is an ongoing offer so if you have yet not reached the 5000 PED sum you will still be entitled to this offer once you do.

Participants who have bought the Gold Card in the past will unfortunately NOT be refunded the purchase price. However we feel the whole community will benefit by having more participants protected by the Gold Card. The Service Terms regarding replacement of faulty Gold Cards or Card Readers does of course also apply for Gold Cards purchased in the past. More information can be read in the Gold Card Offer Details

Originally Posted Here

YAY! finally! this is what we wanted to see! (its a bit higher initial sum then i expected,but YAY!) very good move MindArk! :thumbsup:

free gold card without paying

So, I could just deposit 5000 peds and withdraw right after and will get a free gold card right?

So, I could just deposit 5000 peds and withdraw right after and will get a free gold card right?

yup, only don`t forget the taxes on deposit and withdrawal, what would make you still lose money :D

Yeah but you wouldn't get 5000 PED back because of the fees.

Good Job ! MA

shame i just bought one from tt costing me 200peds and that was only days ago (10th March 2008)

shame i just bought one from tt costing me 200peds and that was only days ago (10th March 2008)

I did the same only on 14 March 2008! :yay:

Would have much rather spent it on ammo, but it is what it is...

Overall a good move for the community.

Perfect timing for me.. I was going to buy one next week... now I can spend that ped on something more fun :)

Thanks MA!

i dont think 5000 ped is unreasonable at all. I have played for one year, thought i barely deposit and had it ready to go. Also it is unfortunate for those that jsut ordered one at tt, but someone has to be the person on the line, thats what rules do. However, it's still better to have the gold card than not, and these are smart players for doing so, you can tell as they arent whining to much about it. I look at everything as the big picture, to better the game overall, this will definitely help. I for one give plus rep to ma, this seems well thought out and will benefit everyone involved.
-jeffe

I think this offer is great, but just a little heads up to the people who say I have just ordered one: Don't advertise on forums that you do not have a goldcard. This is an open forum and anyone can read what you post. You may accidentaly target yourself for scriptkiddies.

Really nice done MA :yay:
I'm happy to have a gold card from before, but it's a great offer for others who dosen't have it :)

And for thoose who don't have a gold card, you should really spend some money on it ;) making Entropia a safer "game" for you and everyone else :)

And if you don't have a gold card, then you really shouldn't talk about it :eek: what if a there's a lot of hackers on this forum, reading your post about how you don't have a gold card, if you also got post from globals\ hofs, how much money you have\ skills, equipment etc.. You realize you are making yourself a good target for the hackers? :rolleyes:

Thumps up for MA! :wtg:

Great move from MA, :wtg:

Where can I click to "Add Rep" for MA? :confused: ( :p :laugh:)

ive deposited ALOT more then 5000peds... can i get a GC reader :ahh:

I own one but I'd like a new free reader you think we'd get one? I have a REALLY old GC and feel it will die sooner or later lol

instead of talking about the merit (or lack thereof) of this 'offer' from MA in this thread, why not take a look at the original thread and post there?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindark-news/105256-free-gold-card-offer.html

- no, there will be no refunds for peeps that already have a card
- yes, you can get a replacement for your current system - this has been in effect a long time
- yes, you will get flamed for expressing your opinion on the matter, unless you agree that it's a good idea

:rolleyes:

thread locked

Very good :)
More protected player , more secure game for everyone.

I would even ask that MA show in avatar info if the player got GC.That would give more credit to those with gold card.

I own one but I'd like a new free reader you think we'd get one? I have a REALLY old GC and feel it will die sooner or later lol

Same hear using Gold Card for very long time and already got new reader once. Free of charge reader for players who use Gold Card for a long time (say more then a year) will be a good move.

I would even ask that MA show in avatar info if the player got GC.That would give more credit to those with gold card.

It's both good and bad. Good thing is that you know if the person your lending your hangar deed to do have a GC. Bad thing is that avatar hijackers will know who *not* to attack.

One way to do it is to have a third button in a trade, "Accept if other party do have a gold card", if you do have a gold card yourself. (Players without gold card would not have this option.)

If other party have a gold card, the receipt window could say, "Note: The other party has requested that this trade will only go through if you have a gold card. If you don not want to disclose if you have a gold card press cancel deal button.". If you have a gold card you have two buttons - accept deal and cancel deal. If you don't have a gold card you just have "cancel deal" button.

Some scammer to be, there could be two options: Either he doesn't have a gold card himself (throw-away avatar). And then he can't use the option. Or, he will attempt a dummy trade, but somone who's clever enough will press the "cancel deal" button if the value of the trade doesn't warrant a gold card.

good idea!

It's both good and bad. Good thing is that you know if the person your lending your hangar deed to do have a GC. Bad thing is that avatar hijackers will know who *not* to attack.

One way to do it is to have a third button in a trade, "Accept if other party do have a gold card", if you do have a gold card yourself. (Players without gold card would not have this option.)

If other party have a gold card, the receipt window could say, "Note: The other party has requested that this trade will only go through if you have a gold card. If you don not want to disclose if you have a gold card press cancel deal button.". If you have a gold card you have two buttons - accept deal and cancel deal. If you don't have a gold card you just have "cancel deal" button.

Some scammer to be, there could be two options: Either he doesn't have a gold card himself (throw-away avatar). And then he can't use the option. Or, he will attempt a dummy trade, but somone who's clever enough will press the "cancel deal" button if the value of the trade doesn't warrant a gold card.

That might work , but if its going to go that far, and people are REALLY worried about transactions. Then why not add a secure layer for gold card traders. IE, if BOTH parties are gold card users and they both wish to have the transaction logged by MA, the window would then prompt for a GC code.

If both codes are correct, the window comes back with a "this transaction has been approved via GC code and has been assigned this transaction number" Things logged in the transaction data would be items transferred, ped paid, and avatars involved.

Just let me say this would be annoying for sure (on noes an extra 3 secs to get the code and type it in) , but it would be a very heavy layer of security for GC owners.

I DO see one area where this may go kind of astray, and that would be the multitude of users who do not have a GC , and get "ignored" by those who do and want a secure transaction. But that would only prompt the ones who wish to stay to get a gold card ASAP, which means , more security for everyone involved.

~drifter~

Attack ?

Well , most of the acount stolen is :
1) social engineering ( so they know if you have GC)
2) keyloguer or pishing...(they get loggin and pass , but most of time have no clue of who)...

So , i dont really see the bad part...

I see way more the good part.I will know if the people i trade are protected , and more , i will know if MA got their personal info...This will for sure reduce the possible problem i could got trading with "bad" avatar...

Ongoing offer? Woot! Don't quite have 200 chops laying round right now and thats what it'll take for me to be eligible. Curse my friend for depoing for me at the start! Nice move MA.

The Gold Card offer is valid for any participant who deposits at least 5000 PED regardless of the payment method chosen. This is an ongoing offer so if you have yet not reached the 5000 PED sum you will still be entitled to this offer once you do.

That answers my question from the other Thread. Thanks MindArk for the clarification :)

- Nightwolf

I see way more the good part.I will know if the people i trade are protected , and more , i will know if MA got their personal info...This will for sure reduce the possible problem i could got trading with "bad" avatar...

im not so sure i understand the benefits here. are you saying you wouldnt carry out a trade with someone without a GC? but why would it matter as long as the trade is executed correctly?

do you really refer to item loans etc? in which case surely the trust you have with that person that they will return the item is worth more than the GC can provide, and if you are cautious you ask for a security anyway and probably will still do so even if they have a GC?

Seems like a nice concept and idea, and nice of MA to contribute to overal security.... I say seems, mainly because of a couple of concerns I have.
which are.. If I take GC offer (which is appreciated) am I locked in to only being able to log in with card?... so if card 'breaks' I cant log in?
How reliable is the card in terms of longevity? do they break often?.. the concern stems mainly from the card section on EU home page that said you only get one card with this offer per year (if I understood that right)...additional card are 100 ped. If so reliable why not free too like reader (limited qty ofcourse)?
So am I locking my play around a card that is reliable?
Constructive feedback is appreciated and sorry if an unwarrented concern.
Ta and all the best :)

im not so sure i understand the benefits here. are you saying you wouldnt carry out a trade with someone without a GC? but why would it matter as long as the trade is executed correctly?

I mean , someone with a GC did give to MA real info.
So , if there is problem they are easy to track.
In most of case , i do believe someone that got a CG and deposit and , and , and , it probably more honest , and will behave better , then som "unknow" avatar with som chip on and nice clothe ...

20 Mar 2008 You wrote:
Hello,

I saw there was a free Gold Card offer, but I already bought one not so long ago. I can not take part of this because I already have one.
Is it possible to recieve a refund, or a spare GC Reader for free?

Cheers

20 Mar 2008 Entropia Support:
Hello,

Participants who have bought the Gold Card in the past will unfortunately not be refunded the purchase price. However we feel the whole community will benefit by having more participants protected by the Gold Card. The Service Terms regarding replacement of faulty Gold Cards or Card Readers does of course also apply for Gold Cards purchased in the past. More information can be read in the Gold Card Offer Details:

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/pe/en/rich/107282.html

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

Guess we got F'd in the A :laugh:

Status
Back