Gold Card Offer

Status
Please Note this is what MA does when you have a Broken Card Reader.
You Have to File a Support Case. They will Request that you send them the Broken Item through the Mail. When they have Received it they will Reimburse you for the Postage cost. 100 ped = 10 usd cost to Mail the GC reader was 3.79 USD that includes Sweeden First Class Postage and a Cushioned Mailer. which is what Ma send you the GC System in. yes MA is sending the NEW systems out atm. However I Fully Expect to see my new Reader in 7 days reason I Expect this is because MA Should already have spare readers on hand. id suspect maybe 1 spare reader per account W GC system.

Reader Received today(Hey that was 5 days form when it was Mailed Not bad at all) Finally :yay::yay::yay: Now I just have to resync the card with the system :jawdrop::censored: Grrrr Hurry up support I want BACK IN GAME.

It's coincidence.

The latest batch was ready and was shipped out that's all.

or maybe Marco reads every post here and ran off to get you one from the basement, then over to the Post Office, queued an hour and mailed it to you...

heck, I'm suprised he didn't bring it in person ;)

just yankining ya chain t

Glad it came at last

:)

Marco was in my garden...FFS....here's an idea, why not put the people right who state that it has to be carried? Does it? Sure? Where did it start appearing?

Truth be told, none of us know...a new batch may have started to arrive, but that's no excuse at all to become the new biatch is it?

No GC in CARRIED (and totally untouched as it was) to having the RL item was about 3 days...and if I want to appreciate that, who the hell else's problem is that? I wasn't thanking you. Simply reporting a fact and thanking MA for a good deed...who else does this?

When MA screw up or somehow disappoint, fair enough with the criticisms, when they do good isn't it only fair to say so too?

I thank you for pointing out how pointlessly negative it's possble to be though, a real eye opener.

Just joking...covers it ..I can say WTF I feel like if I say that can't I? :rolleyes:

t

i just got mine in the mail today, it was shipped on 5th and arrived here in belgium today, and i carried it in my inventory for roughly 2 weeks :)

I was given the card some time ago, but have not yet received it. I live on the east coast of the USA; any ideas how long it takes to get here?

Thanks,

Julius

I was given the card some time ago, but have not yet received it. I live on the east coast of the USA; any ideas how long it takes to get here?

Thanks,

Julius

Should take only a couple weeks I think, took about two weeks to get mine in Western Canada.

Thanks,

Julius

I ordered mine back in late March and just got it maybe 2 weeks ago. Be patient, it will come.

Got mine today and am now protected from stds.

Just in case anyone is a dim as I was when I got my GC at first ...the reader only produces NUMBERS...if you see letters it's upside down :laugh: . 3 failed attempts and you're in the poo so I thought it worth mentioning.

t

Thanks MA!

Nice to feel appreciated!

The GC works great!

What happens after you depo 5000ped. Do you get an email or do you have to do something to get the ball rolling :scratch2:

Hrmmmmmm whats the whole point of the gold card anyways?:scratch2: is it just for security purposes?:confused: i dunno ill be doing this :yay: till i get a :wtg: reply :ahh:

Yes, it's a security thing. Noone else can log into your account without the code the reader provides to you. Consider it a PED protective measure, hehe!

Yes, it's a security thing. Noone else can log into your account without the code the reader provides to you. Consider it a PED protective measure, hehe!

Ahhhh nice thats pretty neet;)

I've been waiting for my GC for months now and I don't really care anymore.
MA do, as far as I'm told, not guarantie anything, which means that it doesn't matter how secure the system is. If it fails, You're on you own.

I've been waiting for my GC for months now and I don't really care anymore.
MA do, as far as I'm told, not guarantie anything, which means that it doesn't matter how secure the system is. If it fails, You're on you own.

What a ridiculous post....

Have you contacted the Support team regarding its delivery?

Is it hard for me to find your email address??... a simple keylogger should be enough for anyone that wants to clear your account out without one.

:confused:

What a ridiculous post....

This is a ridiculus response.
First of all I'm sure that I'm not the only one who do not agree with you and secondly this is just crap to say.

Have you contacted the Support team regarding its delivery?

No I have not, as I said, because I don't care.

Is it hard for me to find your email address??... a simple keylogger should be enough for anyone that wants to clear your account out without one.

It is probably not har for you to find my email adress no, but it is hard for you to gain access to my email and if you do, you'll most likely get cought, enless you're a professional, in which case you wouldn't even try as it just isn't worth it.

All of this, however, has nothing to do with my point.
The problem is that no system is perfect. No matter what you do, it will will be possible to gain access to your account. Granted, the GC is VERY secure, but without any insurence from MA, in case it should fail, it's pretty much useless IMHO.

It is probably not har for you to find my email adress no, but it is hard for you to gain access to my email and if you do, you'll most likely get cought, enless you're a professional, in which case you wouldn't even try as it just isn't worth it.

All of this, however, has nothing to do with my point.
The problem is that no system is perfect. No matter what you do, it will will be possible to gain access to your account. Granted, the GC is VERY secure, but without any insurence from MA, in case it should fail, it's pretty much useless IMHO.

Are you saying that because MA offers a security measure without insurance you wont use it even if you know it adds to the security?

For those in doubt, get a gold card! especially if it is free for you.

Correct, MA don't guarantee anything. Just as an example, it would be so easy for someone to reformat the HD after a keylogger compromised security so as to remove any evidence of it and then claim that it wasn't their fault that they got hacked.
So, much as I dislike the idea that MA are unaccountable in these types of scenarios, it would be totally impractical for it to be any other way.

The GC is an extra level of security above your login name and password and, as Borr says, if you've deposited $500 or more it's a freebie!
Accept it for what it will do, don't bitch about it because it's not exactly what you want.

Are you saying that because MA offers a security measure without insurance you wont use it even if you know it adds to the security?

I not speaking against the gold card, but I am generelly tired of waiting for something I didn't even want in the first place and I don't need the extra security or the complications I may experience. I'm sure you've read some of those threads too.

Correct, MA don't guarantee anything. Just as an example, it would be so easy for someone to reformat the HD after a keylogger compromised security so as to remove any evidence of it and then claim that it wasn't their fault that they got hacked.
So, much as I dislike the idea that MA are unaccountable in these types of scenarios, it would be totally impractical for it to be any other way.

The GC is an extra level of security above your login name and password and, as Borr says, if you've deposited $500 or more it's a freebie!
Accept it for what it will do, don't bitch about it because it's not exactly what you want.

First of all I bitch when I feel like it, especially when it's about something important, which I do think this is.

Secondly, sure it would be easy to remove any evidence from your computer, but let's for a moment try and determine the real issues here.

Sure, someone might log in to you account and tt your modfap. That would really suck, but it is nothing that MA cannot handle, after all it is just pixels.
Of course there could be simular issues, but I actually only see one event that would really be complicated.

If someone logs in to your account and hand over your modfap to another player. MA would be in trouble trying to justify taking it bac from the player without evidence, however unlike it would be for someone to just give away a modfap.

Last scenario, which I believe is the important one, is if money is cashed out. MA know very well where those money end up, ip and mac adress is probably logged and so on.

This is no different that using and internet bank. usually if not always, your loss is covered. And the security in banks are often much worce that when using a GC.

I could go one, but what difference would it make?
In any case, those who feel they need the extra security should certainly get a GC, but they should also remember the consequenses if it fails, which may very well be worse than if you didn't have a gc, as MA would probably be convinced that YOU and only you are to blame, because of the marvelous GC.

If someone logs in to your account and hand over your modfap to another player. MA would be in trouble trying to justify taking it back from the player without evidence, however unlikely it would be for someone to just give away a modfap.

Last scenario, which I believe is the important one, is if money is cashed out. MA know very well where those money end up, ip and mac address is probably logged and so on.
Indeed.
As happened to legolas and the set of Angel that he'd been lent by Hmm. And the real reason (IMHO) behind MA's stance that 'all trades are final.'

We saw how fast MA can move when the Paynova exploit occurred and how numerous avatars were locked who had done nothing more than buy, in good faith, an item from auction.

Gold Card Offer
18 Mar 2008

The Support Dept. wish to remind you that it is very important to confirm that your address is correct and complete before you accept the Gold Card offer. If any of your account details seem incorrect, we will cancel your order and inform you via email. Unfortunately the offer will then be forfeited.

The Gold Card offer is valid for any participant who deposits at least 5000 PED regardless of the payment method chosen. This is an ongoing offer so if you have yet not reached the 5000 PED sum you will still be entitled to this offer once you do.

Participants who have bought the Gold Card in the past will unfortunately NOT be refunded the purchase price. However we feel the whole community will benefit by having more participants protected by the Gold Card. The Service Terms regarding replacement of faulty Gold Cards or Card Readers does of course also apply for Gold Cards purchased in the past. More information can be read in the Gold Card Offer Details

Originally Posted Here

THe link for Gold Card Offer Details needs to be fixed. Here is the correct link:
https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/security/free-gold-card-offer/

the only problem i see right now is that the battery dies. I am unable to log in now untill i get a new reader from MA. And I have only had mine for about 1 year. Not very good at all.:mad:

the only problem i see right now is that the battery dies. I am unable to log in now untill i get a new reader from MA. And I have only had mine for about 1 year. Not very good at all.:mad:

Buy a new battery put it in job done;)

Card reader battery Replacement guide
battery cost is approx $5 us from walmart for 2 batteries

Sounds like Normal wear and tear. Ma's policy on the card readers is this. They Will Replace the card up to 5 times a Year. Gold card 1 per year.
They will also Cover shipping costs see my post here
Now the policy is that you can still do this however they now want you to buy a new card and when they Receive the old one from you they will Credit your account with the PED certificate.

Just make sure that you Remove your card completely from the Reader Do not leave it inserted Even if the display is Blank on the Reader

I am sure No one wants to misplace their card reader from the card itself simple way to avoid this. Using the Key ring on the card reader. Pinch the the Gold card along the Bottom side of the card itself If done correctly you can just leave it in such a way to allow the card to be Inserted in the Reader without Removing the card from the pinch of the key Ring. Doing this Will not compromise the chip in the card itself. Never Pierce the card. that would Void any warranty from MA on the Gold Card itself

My GC is black, not gold.
"False advertising!!"
:laugh:

Did you recently have your card replaced?
if so please post a picture of the front side of your card Never the back.
I am curious if its a new image on them. but if youve had your card for a long time then nah

Last edited:
I got my reader to work again. All i did was replace the batteries insideit. 2 CR2016 batteries. Very easy to do.:yay::wtg::laugh:

If you're having technical problems with the GC reader batteries and other similar issues, I see no need to revive old threads.

:locked:

Status
Back