Gold Card Offer

Status
Technically, in order to have a GoldCard, your Real Life information must be correctly filled in the personal details.

In a game tied to real money, YOU will want to have ur account with your real name, address, etc, as a safety net. If anything bad happens, you will always have a way to prove ownership of the account and more chances of solving the problem that might occur.

Now, especially since MA introduced the extra GC are in the Personal Area, the risk of having your account stolen has downed dramatically.

Again, if you have more then 1000 peds ingame, having a goldcard is a must. It really is a great system against hackers and "fake friends" that steal your shit when ur not looking.

Its a system that benefits us players - added security, and MA - less problems to be hassled with.

It doesn't matter if you are cautious with keyloggers and virus, etc. Sometimes, the thief can be a close friend IRL. You never know. So best to keep safe and have a goldcard. Its that easy.

Regarding MA's integration of the gold card in other EU areas:

Like Etopia said, having some sort of info ingame if the player has gold card would be good. Not that it's 100% bulletproof, but knowing a player has a GC means he should have his right adress in his account, which in turn will make things easier to solve, in case of a problem.

I'd also like my items to have an option to make unsellable or tradeable - and for that, all you had to do is activate a box, that to untick, you have to insert a gold card generated number.

Like - check your ML, drag it to TT by mistake - and it refuses to sell - asks for goldcard code to unlock item.

Same goes for trade - if you want to trade your "marked as untradeable" gun, you have to insert a goldcard number to unlock it.

It may sound drastic, but there have been dozens if not hundreds of cases where people have TT'ed their items, had their items stolen and sold in an instant, even put stuff in auction while drunk and wake up the next morning with 100 ped in the card without knowing why.

And then, its MA who has to deal with it... So for sake of both parts, it could be a nice way to keep things tidy.

0 Mar 2008 Entropia Support:
Hello,
We do not see this as a reward. This is a security update. We believe that the whole community will profit from this in the long run. If you were wise enough to purchase a gold card in the past we are happy for you. You are aware of the risks and you have made sure to protect your virtual belongings. Unfortunately not all of our participants are aware of the risks involved when using applications such as ours.These people need some extra help to learn how to protect themselves. This will make our platform safer and hopefully less people will be victims of keyloggers or phishing which will increase faith in the product.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

lol there you have it.. entropia support thinks you're stupid for not having a gold card sooner too. - ; P

lol there you have it.. entropia support thinks you're stupid for not having a gold card sooner too. - ; P

Product they say lol

Well and perhaps they have a point to think that way.

The risks in not having one are high, you have alot more chances of losing your account, and its very hard to prove that being hacked wasnt staged.

It has happen often too much, even to ingame friends.

Protect your assets, cause if you don't, yeah, i'd say ur being stupid.

Well and perhaps they have a point to think that way.

The risks in not having one are high, you have alot more chances of losing your account, and its very hard to prove that being hacked wasnt staged.

It has happen often too much, even to ingame friends.

Protect your assets, cause if you don't, yeah, i'd say ur being stupid.

right.. but thats like uncle sam coming and handing me a gun and saying you're going to need to learn to use this in case a criminal crosses your path.

though i would agree everyone needs that protection and should be forced to learn how to protect themselves effectively.

- ; P

but whatever.. you still gotta learn how to go and click on the link to order the damn card..

aside from all that I DO agree this is a good move.. but a little late.. imho.

right.. but thats like uncle sam coming and handing me a gun and saying you're going to need to learn to use this in case a criminal crosses your path.

Not exactly :laugh:

A gun is a gun, goldcard is just a safer then usual keylock.

Its more like uncle sam is giving you a vaulted front door, so thiefs have a hard time breaking in.

Because uncle sam needs you... to fill his wallet ;)

Not exactly :laugh:

A gun is a gun, goldcard is just a safer then usual keylock.

Its more like uncle sam is giving you a vaulted front door, so thiefs have a hard time breaking in.

Because uncle sam needs you... to fill his wallet ;)

point taken.. but i'd shoot some of these script kiddies in an instant if they broke into my house whether i had a vaulted front door or a plate glass one. - ; )

i believe my comparison is also somewhat valid.. as there is no lethal protection we need as there is nothing fatal that can be done to us over the internet.

Last edited:
Seems like a nice concept and idea, and nice of MA to contribute to overal security.... I say seems, mainly because of a couple of concerns I have.
which are.. If I take GC offer (which is appreciated) am I locked in to only being able to log in with card?... so if card 'breaks' I cant log in?
How reliable is the card in terms of longevity? do they break often?.. the concern stems mainly from the card section on EU home page that said you only get one card with this offer per year (if I understood that right)...additional card are 100 ped. If so reliable why not free too like reader (limited qty ofcourse)?
So am I locking my play around a card that is reliable?
Constructive feedback is appreciated and sorry if an unwarrented concern.
Ta and all the best :)

I'm concerned about this too...how reliable is the gc and reader?

Maintain the card and it will last a long time, the reader will eventually die but batteries aren't difficult to replace.

I haven't bothered to read the replys as i have long since given up on what MA and all there bots, so more to the point, if i have deposited 5000 ped i can buy a glod card for 250 and get the ped back!

nice like it, Just one thing... can you tell me why my avatar logs on when i'm at work? can you tell me how with security better than my bank ppl can still be hacked?

BUT most of all can you tell me how you have the cheek to ask for 250 ped for this gold card we should get it free after a two years for puting up with your political crap,

peace MA i hope your fulfill your dreams

i have only one thing to say the rich get richer the poor get screwed!

Good thinking MA this is a good move for the society :)
To late for me but i dont care gl everybody with your new goldcards hope everybody's loot will turn in to gold to :wtg::wtg::wtg:

GC...stands up to 3 hours directly under an angle-poise lamp with a 60watt reflector bulb in it and still works :D

Reader...about a year's use 3 times a day before the batteries die or it conks out in my experience.

Maintain the card and it will last a long time, the reader will eventually die but batteries aren't difficult to replace.

Asked MA about my reader when the batteries died; they said they'd send me a new one. Tried replacing the batteries anyway with a pair of CR2016's and it died again after 4 or 5 goes. Had to wait for the replacement :rolleyes:

Oh yeah...small warning: The reader comes with a key-chain. DO NOT attach it to your keys; it will fill with fluff in a week if you keep it in your pocket and stop working. The chain is meant for hanging it on the wall :yay:

GC...stands up to 3 hours directly under an angle-poise lamp with a 60watt reflector bulb in it and still works :D

Reader...about a year's use 3 times a day before the batteries die or it conks out in my experience.

Asked MA about my reader when the batteries died; they said they'd send me a new one. Tried replacing the batteries anyway with a pair of CR2016's and it died again after 4 or 5 goes. Had to wait for the replacement :rolleyes:

Oh yeah...small warning: The reader comes with a key-chain. DO NOT attach it to your keys; it will fill with fluff in a week if you keep it in your pocket and stop working. The chain is meant for hanging it on the wall :yay:

Ok I've never replaced the batteries myself I just heard of people doing it. I have a couple back-up readers anyways for when mine dies :ahh:.

Oh yeah...something else crossed my mind in the hope MA development are reading this thread as avidly as the last one (though I know MA do not read threads and therefore won't be reading this):

Why is there a seperate option to buy a reader in the tt when readers are replaced free? And what happens when people have foolishly bought both the GC pack and the reader in the past...did they recieve 2 readers or did the PED drop into some bottomless pit?

The logic of having an option to buy a new reader escapes me, because if your reader has died you are not going to be able to get in-game to purchase one to replace it because you can't enter your GC code. You could get MA to deactivate your code I suppose...but something suggests to me that re-activating it might be a lengthy process involving re-calibrating the codes.

Way to extract extra PED from players who don't read the small-print or lots of people sitting out there with red faces and 2 readers?

Oh yeah...something else crossed my mind in the hope MA development are reading this thread as avidly as the last one (though I know MA do not read threads and therefore won't be reading this):

Why is there a seperate option to buy a reader in the tt when readers are replaced free? And what happens when people have foolishly bought both the GC pack and the reader in the past...did they recieve 2 readers or did the PED drop into some bottomless pit?

The logic of having an option to buy a new reader escapes me, because if your reader has died you are not going to be able to get in-game to purchase one to replace it because you can't enter your GC code. You could get MA to deactivate your code I suppose...but something suggests to me that re-activating it might be a lengthy process involving re-calibrating the codes.

Way to extract extra PED from players who don't read the small-print or lots of people sitting out there with red faces and 2 readers?

Some people might buy an extra reader incase theirs ever did die out, that way they wouldn't have to wait for a replacement.

after you get your 3 free replacements in a years time you have to buy the next one.

received it today took only 6 days to deliver it :)

i feel much safer now :yay:

Service Terms - Replacement of faulty Gold Card or Card Reader

MindArk does not warrant that the Entropia Universe Gold Card security system descriptions are accurate, complete, current, or error-free. If the Entropia Universe Gold Card offered to you by MindArk is not as described, your sole remedy is replacement.

After you have accepted this offer you will be entitled to another three (3) Card Readers per year in the case that your Card Reader stops working due to an error. Even your Gold Card can be replaced in the case of flaws in the card, which make you unable to use it, though you will be entitled to no more than one (1) Gold Card per year.

PLEASE OBSERVE that in order to be replaced, broken items must be returned to:

MindArk PE AB
Jarntorget 8
413 04 Gothenburg
Sweden

If the item turns out to be functional, you will have to cover your shipment costs. If the item is proven to have malfunctioned MindArk will refund the shipment costs.

Does this include dead batteries?

I know the existing gold card owners won't get their free one now, but how about us being able to nominate family members who haven't deposited to get it instead.

I know the existing gold card owners won't get their free one now, but how about us being able to nominate family members who haven't deposited to get it instead.

Who havent deposited...

I think you answered your question yourself.

Received my gold card a couple of days ago now. Must admit I personally find it an added pain to put in the code after also putting in my user and pass. I'm lazy :p

Also I can see me breaking this thing in no time. Or my dogs eating it!

Great Service Ma

:yay: Within a week I recieved my totally deserved free GOLD CARD :)

Thumbs up, MA, thnx

:lolup:

:yay: Within a week I recieved my totally deserved free GOLD CARD :)

Thumbs up, MA, thnx

:lolup:

See you repost that here in a year, eh ;P

Great work Mindark! A much needed step in the right direction
:wtg:

Who havent deposited...

I think you answered your question yourself.

What I mean is that if I had deposited enough to qualify for a free gold card but already have one that I can give the free one to a family member who doesn't and hasn't deposited enough.

I'd still like to have confirmed/denied (if possible here, but I can send a support case question about it, if necessary) if a person who hasn't deposited that much--but has paid thousands of dollars to MA by decay over many years--is ineligible for this offer.

I'd still like to have confirmed/denied (if possible here, but I can send a support case question about it, if necessary) if a person who hasn't deposited that much--but has paid thousands of dollars to MA by decay over many years--is ineligible for this offer.

Entropia's Unluckiest Vet - The Real Unchosen One
Paying for all your HOFs and ubers since 2003

I would say yes out of the goodness of my heart, but MA will say no because their a business.

But see, more proof that the more cash you depo, the better the loot!:laugh:
(JK, but I coulden't help it;))

Status
Back