Gold Card Offer

Status
answer from Entropia support...

My Support

Support Case 140560 history

03 May 2008 You wrote:
I had applied for a free gold card a few months ago. I still show the gold card icon in my storage ingame. I have still not received mine in the mail. Is there any way to track it to see if it's been sent out? My only concern is that I will be moving in a few months, and I'd hate to have it get lost in the mail.

Thank You for looking into this matter.
Kind Regards,
Vixen78

03 May 2008 Entropia Support:
Hi,
Usually it takes around 6 weeks to be delivered, I see that it has passed a little bit more. We currently have a lot of orders being shipped and are trying to ship the oldest orders first, we are working on this and will have it send out to you as soon as possible. If you are moving in a few months we are sure it will be sent out before that.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Kind regards,
Entropia support

Nice to hear :)
I think mine was 4-5 weeks from ordering to arrival.

Huh, mine non free one was delivered here in 2 working days :smoke:.

To move or not to move

Moving and ordering a Gold Card can be tricky. First thing to remember is keep you current address up to date hourly if possible. It appears that the shipping address is taken at the time the order is shipped not at the time the order is placed. This means the moment you move change your address because you will never know when they will choose to ship your order. I forgot to do that until i got the email saying they were shipping it to my old address. :ahh:

Which brings me to the other thing to remember. Which is that your Gold Card will be shipped standard post. I'm not sure how it works in other countries but in the USA you can have your mail forwarded free of charge. If you can have your mail forwarded then you will have no problems, in 6 weeks or less your card will arrive.

Also key thing to note. When you get your card don't go generating random pins like i did else you will have to re-sync your card

Hope this helps with the anxiety.

All very good points, Thank You

I requested the free gold card back in January.... it's now May and I have yet to see anything... I have verified the address... that's all correct... But I will have my mail forwarded once I know when I'm making the big move. ;) it may not be for a few more months.. It's just a waiting game now...

blaah im missing my second avis gold card still.. first one came within 2 days.. so how can it take 3 months to get the other one?

I ordered my free one I think March 18th. Received an email that it was shipped April 15th and it would be removed from my inventory. I think it took 3 weeks for it to arrive

blaah im missing my second avis gold card still.. first one came within 2 days.. so how can it take 3 months to get the other one?

Because MA see a security issue in this? :rolleyes:

after I got the e-mail saying that it was on its way it took mine about 3 weeks...:yay:

My Support

Support Case 140560 history

03 May 2008 You wrote:
I had applied for a free gold card a few months ago. I still show the gold card icon in my storage ingame. I have still not received mine in the mail. Is there any way to track it to see if it's been sent out? My only concern is that I will be moving in a few months, and I'd hate to have it get lost in the mail.

Thank You for looking into this matter.
Kind Regards,
Vixen78

03 May 2008 Entropia Support:
Hi,
Usually it takes around 6 weeks to be delivered, I see that it has passed a little bit more. We currently have a lot of orders being shipped and are trying to ship the oldest orders first, we are working on this and will have it send out to you as soon as possible. If you are moving in a few months we are sure it will be sent out before that.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Kind regards,
Entropia support

you say it's in your storage ingame? I think that may be your problem. It has to be in your carried inventory.

you say it's in your storage ingame? I think that may be your problem. It has to be in your carried inventory.

But don't you get an actual card and a card reader in the mail.... Whether the ingame icon is in my storage or in inventory shouldn't matter.
Or am I missing something?

But don't you get an actual card and a card reader in the mail.... Whether the ingame icon is in my storage or in inventory shouldn't matter.
Or am I missing something?

As far as I understood, they take it out of your inventory the moment the will ship it.
If they can not take it out, they will not ship it.
Also, how should they know, that you are ready to receive it ?
If you go on vacation and put it in storage they would know you are not ready for shipment.

Or also coul plainly be...they can not easily access your storage.

Yes for some unknown reason you have to have the icon that represents the card and reader in your carried inventory and not the storage facility. I remember someone else wondering what was taking so long and this was the issue.

Just curious.... has anyone that applied for the "free" gold card, actually receive it yet? I applied for it in late January and still have yet to receive it :confused: I just finished sending a support case... but thought I'd get a faster response posting here ;)

A Bit of a Warning to US residents A Soc mate of mine applied for the Reader and his package was Delivered damaged to the point that the Card Reader was Missing. and his Card itself was bent in half. He had a Note on his package that said "Sorry for the Inconvenience". I would definitely Get on MA's Case about that System not arriving. when I ordered My unit I had it in 7 days. Ma should try to look into your case further. id say thats too long for it not to arrive. id ask them When it was Mailed.

Last edited:
ahhh... good to know ... well I'll log in and move the icon to inventory then....:ahh: I must have missed that memo....

Thanks

OMG that's true? ROLF ..here I was wondering if they had forgotten me :laugh:

Thanks for the info. I would still have been waiting a year from now without it :rolleyes:

t

I got mine in a very timely manner in good condition and it works great...except when i forget it at home to go out of town...grrrr.

my brother got both cards within 5 days... so i dont think thats the reason...

well it's good to know that you're one of these two things:

1) a cheater (2 ava's)
2) a liar (you don't have 2 ava's but you say that you do)

:)

My reader has been in my inventory since this program was launched...it's still sitting there...

Don't worry guys, your cards will come.

Lots of people have obviously applied and MA are having them produced in batches as per original agreement with their supplier who will have other contracts to fulfill.
It's not worth MA renegotiating a new contract to supply more per batch as this is just an unusual spike in demand.

It's simply a case of first come first served.

from MA that my card was shipped today.. :D

My problem is that my email address has changed, but when I wrote support about the change, they said "It's not important, when you get your gold card, you can change it"

*shrugs* So I sit. And I wait.

05 May 2008 Entropia Support:
Hello,
The reader arrived today and we have verified that it is broken. A new reader will be shipped to your residential address this afternoon.

Below you will find a code which you can use to deposit 100 PED into your account via the PED certificate option (Deposit at the website). Please copy the complete code and paste it into the field provided. You also need to enter the value (100 PED). This should cover your postage costs.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

Please Note this is what MA does when you have a Broken Card Reader.
You Have to File a Support Case. They will Request that you send them the Broken Item through the Mail. When they have Received it they will Reimburse you for the Postage cost. 100 ped = 10 usd cost to Mail the GC reader was 3.79 USD that includes Sweeden First Class Postage and a Cushioned Mailer. which is what Ma send you the GC System in. yes MA is sending the NEW systems out atm. However I Fully Expect to see my new Reader in 7 days reason I Expect this is because MA Should already have spare readers on hand. id suspect maybe 1 spare reader per account W GC system.

I put my little GC reader icon in storage and left it there meaning to check daily to see when it was dispatched. I forgot to keep checking and the GC and reader turned up and the icon is no longer in my storage.

Not carrying it didn't cause me any problem.

Storage or carried? I'll tell you if carried mattered

t

Now here's an odd and cool thing. Check the date on that last post...GC was in my inventory then, I'm not 100% if it was storeage or carried...BUT it sure wasn't anywhere at all the next day and had vanished. So.....Me? MA? Did I imagine it? Given that any computer and/or anything online can be capable of bugs...left it a day before asking MA.

Today, GC arrives in real life. Not used it yet, it's late here and I haven't read the instrucions fully....but WTF ...two days to arrive from someone noticing HERE without being asked directly? When something is wrong, fair enough to criticise...when MA support don't fix it or take a while..same. I didn't ask. They came looking here and fixed it ASAP when they saw the problem.

If that's bad, I'd like to know what's better given that there are always bound to be hiccups with anything online. Also bear in mind that I got this free. A poker site would call it a loyalty bonus ...but none do this AFAIK despite the cash involved.

I thank whoever obviously reads this forum. That's my personal opinion based on what I just had happen...not based on theory or conjecture.

Have a good weekend. ;) Everyone :laugh:

t

It's coincidence.

The latest batch was ready and was shipped out that's all.

or maybe Marco reads every post here and ran off to get you one from the basement, then over to the Post Office, queued an hour and mailed it to you...

heck, I'm suprised he didn't bring it in person ;)

just yankining ya chain t

Glad it came at last

well it's good to know that you're one of these two things:

1) a cheater (2 ava's)
2) a liar (you don't have 2 ava's but you say that you do)

is there a problem if u wanna change an avatar from male to female? i dont see that as an cheat.. do u? i was thinking that coz F armors are cheaper it would be a smart thing to make an F avi but ofcourse ive never reached lvl above ghost...
but if u check my achievements u can see my ubers that are made on diff avi.. so u can count the 2) out.. the 1) is true if u really consider that as cheating

Status
Back