Entropedia's 'Looted Today' button

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
Don't click it!

It looks like lots of people are doing what I just did, clicking on the new 'Looted Today' link, probably thinking, as I did, that it would give details of the item being looted today. It doesn't - it updates Entropedia's entry to say that the item has been looted in this VU.

Because of this, many rare items have been looted today, according to Entropedia. If they were all true, it must be the best day for looted items in the history of EU/PE :eek:

I've PMed Witte to ask him to change it, and I notice Downfall has edited some of the dodgy entries back to their previous entries, but please DON'T CLICK THIS BUTTON unless you know what you're doing, or it's going to screw up the loot lists and make a lot of work for people changing it back.

The one-click update feature is great, by the way - but it needs to be implemented in a way that stops people from clicking it in error.

Because of this, many rare items have been looted today, according to Entropedia. If they were all true, it must be the best day for looted items in the history of EU/PE :eek:

It isn't the best day ?

Damn it, here I was getting ready to blow lots of peds getting some uber loots :(

Cant find it, where is the button? :eyecrazy: wont klick it, promise ;) just want to find it

Witte removed the button after I pointed out this problem to him.

It was indeed a bit sensitive to errors the way it was implemented ;). Maybe a searchbot would even have updated all loots :eek:. Anyhow, I am currently adding a confirmbox. But its all not as easy as it seems, as it is a dynamic datagrid in a dynamic datagridlist, and eventhandeling can get messy then. But it seems to work properly now, I will upload it after some more tests.

Back