Play Project Entropia on Linux?

Keep in mind the solution for the "updates" are only if you use windows and have a partition that has project entropia updated and running. For those of us who dont use windows you will have to still download the updates that is how it is.

Now that is awesome! arguments that you can pass onto pe.exe to do what clientloader.exe does. Doesnt work for me but its further then some of the "solutions" posted here. It says obsolete version....

Last edited:
Anyone get any further with this? DaveJ's solution launched entropia but said somthing like "Obsolete version" thus still unplayable :(

Well, one year after where is the project of running project entropia on linux ?
I dont have any windows anymore on my laptop and i am wondering how to make it run....so far i got no luck too with cedega.....anybody managed to do so ?

well, no more linux users on entropia forum ?

Still not possible since there's no DX9.x yet for linux.

No need to download it. Assuming a dual-boot PC, mount your NTFS drive and copy the folder across. Then figure out how to set it up in cedega.

ClientLoader worked fine under Wine, but not under cedega. So, I had to add the command line options and launch PE.exe directly.

It loaded, and I got around 0.25 fps :)

Apparently, my graphics card wasnt working properly. glxgears showed a very low FPS (<500). It was stuck in software mode for some reason. So, I changed the configuration to use agpgart. Then, glxgears put out a healthy ~2000 fps.

So, my graphics was working, BUT cedega didn't like it. Attempting to load Half Life 1 seemed like my processor was 60mhz. So, pE didn't work either.

Good thing I got cedega off a friend for free. No point paying $15 for something that doesn't work at all. Perhaps I'll get an NVIDIA card one day, and it will work.

I also tried dx9wine, but, curiously, that only supports DirectX 8 :rolleyes:

In the latest Linux (Mandriva 2007) Transgaming is included. Btw the latest linux's do not support NTFS, it's impossible to mount them, I tried it under the latest Mandriva and Fedora.

Didn't try the EU on Transgaming thou

well, tecnically you virtualize a windows on a linux system, but I'm afraid that the graphic card will be not seen...:(
(Btw, I'm not really an expert on virtualization...)

I got some feedback claiming that it would run on wine.
Sadly I cannot get there myself and as of yet I did not receive the config settings.

I am looking into it time to time and whenever I will find a way I will post it here.

I got some feedback claiming that it would run on wine.
Sadly I cannot get there myself and as of yet I did not receive the config settings.

I am looking into it time to time and whenever I will find a way I will post it here.

No sorry it does not run on wine or wine rack at all. It installs fine, and client loader starts fine, but entropia itself will not run.

well, not really better than one year ago, but still glad to see people still trying ! :cool:

Running a program on another OS is most certainly not against any possible law, at least in germany.

As far as I am informed, you can do quiete a lot of what you bought, even if it is a license and virtual. I could even disassembly the whole stuff, analyse datastream, etc., as long as I keep my knowledge for myself. Only when I publish them, I would have to pay attention to one or two things.

But running on another OS? Even if that is in the EULA, it can be ignored.

Well, Since this is not locked yet, update. I have installed fedora and susbscribed to get the transgaming software. I am installing it now and will start the download of PE.

Will let you all know what happens.

MB or Marco. If this is doing anything against the EULA please let me know and I will discontinue this experiment. Just was curious and wanted to try it out.

Suicide

i guess the law in France is quite the same about this topic

No sorry it does not run on wine or wine rack at all. It installs fine, and client loader starts fine, but entropia itself will not run.

Yeah, thats what i found out in the end. I think maybe i will pick up this experiment again. I would probably run primarily if linux did run PE (as its pretty much the only game i play on my laptop anymore).

Suicide

I am experting right now trying to get it to work and will keep people updated on it.

Save your time :) As much as I wish it would work, it won't until we get dx9 for linux.

After a day of looking into it i have discorved only one way of possible doing it adn that is through vmware. using vmare though defeats the point ebcouse i would need a good computer to give the fake computer good settings so it could do entropia universe:(. but i am still looking into it and if i find a fix i will let everyone know.

After a day of looking into it i have discorved only one way of possible doing it adn that is through vmware. using vmare though defeats the point ebcouse i would need a good computer to give the fake computer good settings so it could do entropia universe:(. but i am still looking into it and if i find a fix i will let everyone know.

It doesnt work in VMware either since VMware only have DX8 support. DX9c support has not yet hit the VMware world. Sorry.

I got it to work using Ubuntu and Wine 0.9.33. :wtg:
I need help getting the fonts to show up correctly though.
Check out my other thread.

I got it to work using Ubuntu and Wine 0.9.33. :wtg:
I need help getting the fonts to show up correctly though.
Check out my other thread.

This requires further investigation on my behalf :)

So, Ubuntu + Wine + MS core fonts + EU ?

Oooooh!
Please please pretty please post your wine config file here :)

Or would you even write a howto?
That would be awesome!

Well I don't think I did anything special...
Installed Ubuntu 6.06
Installed Latest Nvidia Driver
Installed Automatix
Used Automatix to install Wine
Install msttcorefonts
Find, Download, and Copy d3dx9_30.dll to System
Opened Winecfg
Checked Allow Pixel Shader and Allow Dx apps to stop mouse (in graphics)
Changed Sound Driver to ALSA
Installed EU
EU downloaded Updated Version
Open Settings and Disable Pixel Shader
Enter Login Info and Start EU

However I still havent figured out why I cant see any text when I play and the cursor disappears when you use the scroll button.

Last edited:
However I still havent figured out why I cant see any text when I play and the cursor disappears when you use the scroll button.

Pretty standard setup seems to work then -- minus that "little" detail. LOL

I'd call that damn impressive nevertheless.

bump

bumping it up

Back