Entropedia.info Official Thread

Witte

Marauder
Society
Delta Force Elite
Vlugge Witte Harrie
This thread is meant for all questions, issues and suggestions about entropiawiki.com. I will also use it to inform about updates or changes.

Here is a bit of background info about the site:

The site was originally created and developed by Minder in 2005. The name back then was PE-Wikicharts and the URL was pe-wiki.info. I became involved with the site in a later stage and mainly helped Minder with the design, although I also did some developing. Minder quit EU in 2006, at which point I took over all the development. Since then the site has changed host from a Swedish host, to an American host, to currently being hosted by EntopiaForum. The name was changed to Entropedia in 2007.

The site is based on the wiki format, which a name that is often used to refer to it. This means the contents is created and maintained by its users. The site contains charts about almost any item, creature and location found in Entropia Universe. There is also information about avatars and societies.

For suggestions you can leave a message in the Wishlist. For bug reports you can leave a message on the Bugs page. You can also just post a message in this thread. Any comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Entropedia Admin, Witte

I have a request to the community to create a banner for Entropedia to be used on EF. If anyone has the skill, time, and will to create one, please contact me in PM. You will be rewarded in EFD ;)

Ok, so I'm the first to complain, erm, post... ;)

Is it possible that some mob locations are gone? I remember looking for Cornundacaudas once and I'm sure that they were listed NE of Akmuul (which in fact they are, or at least were).

Ok, so I'm the first to complain, erm, post... ;)

Is it possible that some mob locations are gone? I remember looking for Cornundacaudas once and I'm sure that they were listed NE of Akmuul (which in fact they are, or at least were).

Hmm not that I know of. But feel free to add them ;).

don't really have any complaints or suggestions - searches are now nice and quick, and i have yet to not find what i was looking for

thanks for you hard work, Witte :)

just a question..

is WikiTools here to stay or is it still in beta? also, does it use exactly the same formula as the chipping optimiser and carebears site?

just a question..

is WikiTools here to stay or is it still in beta? also, does it use exactly the same formula as the chipping optimiser and carebears site?

Wikitools is being developed by doer. I am not that sure what his plans are, but it might indeed be an idea to remove the beta tags. I will contact him about it.

Entropedia rocks!

:wtg::yay::wtg:

just a question..

WikiTools originated as a separate site, where I intended to allow uploading of multiple skill sets and a log of some sort, with plots and all that. When Witte offered to let me host with Entropedia, I moved it over and it became much more a part of Entropedia than it was initially going to be. The "beta" at this point is there because I still intend to add more functionality. The skill calculator and avatar skill calculator are fully functional and (I hope) useful.

Jdegre and I were working on matching a reasonable fitting function to the new skill level to volume curve after the skill nerf of January 07. We have the same data but I'm not sure how similar his function (chipping optimizer) is to the one WikiTools uses. Carebear used my fit to update his for EntropiaTools, so I imagine those two will give similar results.

I have a fully capable chipping calculator (multitarget), hunting/skill log and other goodies developed in the same code that runs WikiTools, but due to Entropedia using C# and ASP.NET and me using Python, and me generally not being good at UIs, I haven't added gotten around to adding that. I'd like to simply make it part of the wiki charts of Entropedia, rather than a separate page.

What would be helpful is feedback on what aspects of skill calculations and logging are missing that people would find useful, so that I can prioritize what I add.

I am a bit confused about the domain name. I recently cancelled my account at the previous host, and with it the domain name registration also cancelled (entropiawiki.com). What action should I take now? Where should I register the domain to be sure I remain the owner of it?

Oh and another thing, does anyone know if it is possible to remove personal information from the who is?

I am a bit confused about the domain name. I recently cancelled my account at the previous host, and with it the domain name registration also cancelled (entropiawiki.com). What action should I take now? Where should I register the domain to be sure I remain the owner of it?

Oh and another thing, does anyone know if it is possible to remove personal information from the who is?

The domain should not be canceled (currently due for renewal 7th July)- you should still own it (currently in the name of P***** B*****). Did you get the domain registered as part of setting up the previous hosting package?

Whichever way, you should be able to get the domain transfered to either the new hosting company, or to a separate Registrar and just point the DNS at the new hosting company. I have always preffered the latter - keeping the domain registration separate from the hosting, so if you need to swap hosting again in the future, you dont need to bugger about getting domains transfered, you just need to change the DNS. Looking at it at the moment, the registrar is eNom, but the hosting was with DailyRazor. Were you ever given an eNom login?

And yes, you can largely hide your personal details by opting out of the Whois. This works with most searches, but there are others out there that ignore this and show it anyway. The only way to stay anomamous (how the f**k do you spell that?) is to go through one of the companies that register things on your behalf, usually associated with bulletproof hosting.

Witte, if had your old webhost register the entropiawiki.com domain, rather than an actual domain registrar, some webhosts include a domain cancellation clause in the fine print in the event you cancel the webhosting service. This is widely regarded as a pretty underhanded policy; I have heard of this with some horrible webhosts such as 1and1.com.

The best option for domain registration is always to register the domain yourself at a true domain registrar (I can recommend enom.com and moniker.com as very good options).

Those registrars also offer what is known as a WHOIS privacy option (usually for an additional $3 per year) that will keep the registrant info private, and provide private WHOIS email contact routing.

PM me for more details, I can help you get very low pricing for the domain registration.

In the meanwhile, as you are aware, we also have www.entropiastats.com pointing to the new Entropedia server. So if for some reason entropiawiki.com domain stops responding, people will still be able to access the site until you get the domain registration sorted.

Yeh I guess I just have been too lazy by registering it at my host instead of a seperate registar. The domaing should not expire for some time though. Since the domain is registered on my name I think there should be no problems with transfering the domain. I will check out those suggestions. Thanks for the replies.

The domain will be transfered if everything goes ok. My previous host released it and gave the authorization code.

Some small updates to the site:

2008-04-12: Added an "Undo" button to the Latest Updates page. Also added a zoom slider to the Location page.

I have been pimping the map a bit more by adding a legend and some other changes.

I am currently looking for the coordinates the revival area lines of amethera, so I can add them directly to the database. If anyone has these coordinates and is willing to share them, please contact me in PM.

Last edited:
I have been pimping the map a bit more by adding a legend and some other changes.

I am currently looking for the coordinates the revival area lines of amethera, so I can add them directly to the database. If anyone has these coordinates and is willing to share them, please contact me in PM.

Try this for amethera:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/about-entropia-universe/69688-amethera-revival-map-update-05-2007-a.html

Would be great to have them in entropedia!!

And a small reminder:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-economy-discussion/108917-still-unsorted-peauction.html#post1297541

:cool:

Editing Markups

Hello,

Is it possible to edit the markup on an item?

Particually the SK80's % is way off!

Regards,

Kernow

Hello,

Regards,

Kernow

They're automatically updated from http://peauction.com, which is usually pretty good for low end of the price range (it doesn't include buyouts because MA doesn't provide that information). http://www.peauction.com/itemlisting.php?item=Hedoc+SK-80+(L) seems to have a pretty consistent record of ~115% sales -- why do you say it's off?

I suggest a support case requesting that MA open up market information from their RCE. Their in-game market value tools are rudimentary compared to peauctions, so it's a shame Smoothee's site is handicapped by lack of complete data.

They're automatically updated from http://peauction.com, which is usually pretty good for low end of the price range (it doesn't include buyouts because MA doesn't provide that information). http://www.peauction.com/itemlisting.php?item=Hedoc+SK-80+(L) seems to have a pretty consistent record of ~115% sales -- why do you say it's off?

I suggest a support case requesting that MA open up market information from their RCE. Their in-game market value tools are rudimentary compared to peauctions, so it's a shame Smoothee's site is handicapped by lack of complete data.

In game auction records show a value of 150 - 165 depending on the time scale. This obviously has a large effect on the figures when using the markup based charts.

Has the support ticket already been raised?

Hello,

Regards,

Kernow

Yes thats possible. When the markup source sais 'peaution' you also need to change that field (to 'ingame markup' for example). Else the peauction value will be restored on the next checkup, which happens each 24 hours.

Hi, nice work with the wiki Witte, reeeeally nice! :thumbup:
I've been going through the people section lately, and was wondering if it would be possible to change the filter selection in Avatars, from "Place of Arrival" to "Given Name" or better yet, "Full Name", since the place of arrival is more or less the same nowadays ;)

Hi, nice work with the wiki Witte, reeeeally nice! :thumbup:
I've been going through the people section lately, and was wondering if it would be possible to change the filter selection in Avatars, from "Place of Arrival" to "Given Name" or better yet, "Full Name", since the place of arrival is more or less the same nowadays ;)

Its a dropdown list, so you can change the filter criteria to any textcolumn you like. But at default name should be selected, I will lookup why that isnt the case and see if I can fix it.

In game auction records show a value of 150 - 165 depending on the time scale. This obviously has a large effect on the figures when using the markup based charts.

Has the support ticket already been raised?

I can't say i've been very optimistic it would make a difference, so i haven't done it (at least, not recently -- i think i did a couple years ago). I will do that, though.

Be judicious about which items you change to "ingame markup", many of the prices are reasonable and automatically stay that way without intervention.

my complaint

I love playing this game but the updates kill me. Why can't the updates be downloaded as an install file so we can keep playing while it is downloading. I could not play for 6 hours waiting for the download to finish. This is very annoying. 3's
Grampa

Added the revival areas to Amethera. Thanks a lot to Jamira for providing the coordinates :yay:

Map.aspx

Back