Entropedia.info Official Thread

Atleast for personal use no one can stop you from using data available.

Minim said:
Does anyone know the policy regarding extracing data from the databases on entropedia and using it for making other tools?

What I have done is that I used the .csv feature to extract all weapon data and I then imported everything into my own sql database. I'm in the process of making a web page where I then can search for guns that I can use at my level. The Idea in the future is to make a script that exported the info from entropedia and updated my sql database each night (to have it updated at all times) but I can't find any legal info regarding this.

My understanding is that the website owner (in this case Witte) holds the copyright to the datasets on Entropedia. As Witte is European, it's probably covered by the European Union Copyright Directive. There are specific provisions for the protection of databases.
Members of the community who help keep the data on the site updated do so for altruistic reasons (ie for the benefit of the community), and retain no rights.
Note also the disclaimer at the bottom of the main page includes: 'All images are © MindArk PE and are believed to be used under the terms of fair use.'

In general, provided what you're doing is for non-commercial private use, there is unlikely to be any issue, as it would come under 'research and private study' provisions.

If you're intending to make your work freely available to the public, I would think that you should at a minimum:
1. contact Witte to notify him of your intention (that's just common courtesy),
2. ensure that you properly attribute the source of the data you're using.

If you're intending to charge some fee for your site, and that site is based on the data collected by players for Entropedia, that's another matter entirely, and I'd recommend you seek professional advice.

My understanding is that the website owner (in this case Witte) holds the copyright to the datasets on Entropedia. As Witte is European, it's probably covered by the European Union Copyright Directive. There are specific provisions for the protection of databases.
Members of the community who help keep the data on the site updated do so for altruistic reasons (ie for the benefit of the community), and retain no rights.
Note also the disclaimer at the bottom of the main page includes: 'All images are © MindArk PE and are believed to be used under the terms of fair use.'

In general, provided what you're doing is for non-commercial private use, there is unlikely to be any issue, as it would come under 'research and private study' provisions.

If you're intending to make your work freely available to the public, I would think that you should at a minimum:
1. contact Witte to notify him of your intention (that's just common courtesy),
2. ensure that you properly attribute the source of the data you're using.

If you're intending to charge some fee for your site, and that site is based on the data collected by players for Entropedia, that's another matter entirely, and I'd recommend you seek professional advice.

This is kinda what I thought also. I did try to contact the entropedia owner trough the contact part on the website but it's been a month now without a reply.. Is there a better way to contact him than trough the contact part of entropiawiki.com?

Also I sent you the link for the tool. It's at a early stage ofc but the idea is to have it open and commercial free like that. I got no problems putting in some info about where the data is coming from there :) Also all the queries that will be done from that page is not done trough entropedia so it's not like I'm using their resources for other than the data extract once every now and then to keep the db updated.

Does anyone know the policy regarding extracing data from the databases on entropedia and using it for making other tools?

What I have done is that I used the .csv feature to extract all weapon data and I then imported everything into my own sql database. I'm in the process of making a web page where I then can search for guns that I can use at my level. The Idea in the future is to make a script that exported the info from entropedia and updated my sql database each night (to have it updated at all times) but I can't find any legal info regarding this.

I don't see any issue with this, look forward to seeing your website too.

If the option to export the data is available, then its pretty clear you can use the data yourself. A few of the other websites do exactly what you proposing to do in future (bobthebuilder etc)

... Is there a better way to contact him than trough the contact part of entropiawiki.com?

That goes to his email address. Last reply I got from him was on 18 November last year, when he said he wouldn't have time available til Dec/January, after which he might be working overseas again.

When trying to add a weapon to the Weapons table, I'm getting a error:
Field 'Name' doesn't have a default value

I'll check it again tomorrow.

When trying to add a weapon to the Weapons table, I'm getting a error:

I'll check it again tomorrow.

Interesting. I have been trying to add/update some Nanobot BP info. I own a few of the BPs marked as missing, and cannot find a way of updating them.

If I try 'edit' there appears to be nothing to edit. If I try 'add' I get the message: Field LPSB_ doesn't have a default value.

Interesting. I have been trying to add/update some Nanobot BP info. I own a few of the BPs marked as missing, and cannot find a way of updating them.

If I try 'edit' there appears to be nothing to edit. If I try 'add' I get the message: Field LPSB_ doesn't have a default value.

Hopefully it's just Witte putting updates on hold while he's working on the database, or something.

If it's still like this tomorrow, I'll try to contact him more directly.

---------------------------------
As no change to the above, I've sent Witte an email so he can look into it.

Last edited:
Just an update still having that issue for updating with same error as others:

Field 'PlanetID' doesn't have a default value

I did notice this though. When adding a planet to the Planet Found section the links are different. When trying to add an item the planetID is

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=test&id=4

Instead of

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Planet&id=4

For added items already.

*Planet id 4 is ROCKtropia's ID

Last edited:
was going to add a new mission page but can't add a new page :/

Tried both planet specific and the default adress, no "add new" to click on

mining amp decay = 20x effeciency
most of the arkadia amps are incorrectly entered.

Witte, is there any chance you can find time to fix the mapping, so that polygons can be edited again?

At the moment, any addition or edit changes the first column of coords to 'NaN', so I'm guessing there's a data type mismatch somewhere.

I wanted to add a couple of new Cyrene items, but i get the "Field 'PlanetID' doesn't have a default value" error :(

tiarak young drop the electric attack nanochip xi :cool:

Back