Need advice from players who changed strategy

Hardicus

Stalker
Society
The Knights of Entropia
Alexa Hardicus Barrish
Hi all,

I've been taking a break from EU recently, and must say I barely miss it. But i've been thinking about my future in the game, and wanted advice from people who have severely changed their strategy of playing.

Basically i've hit a stage where i'm no longer comfortable depositing into EU. Over time i've put more money into this game than i'd like to lose, and it's come to the point where i'm faced with a decision: chip out, or change tactics.

My skills are here: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Avatar&id=616

My total item market value is about 25k (based on Entropiatools), and my total skill value is about 10k.

So total I have assets worth about 35k.

I've primarily been a hunter in EU, but have also dabbled in Mining and Tailoring.

So, i've been thinking of a few ways to continue playing without spending any more money.

1) Hunt super-eco, use my UL Embra Sword C1 on small Argos or noob weapons like M2a etc.

2) Sell/Chip away what I don't need and buy Infiltrator/some noob PVP stuff. I've always enjoyed PVP in EU, and managed ok with Vigi and LR rifles in PVP4, but it's getting harder to break even with low gear in there these days.

3) Chip out/sell everything and buy an Adj Fap (not sure if that's possible anymore), and start from scratch.

4) Chip out/sell skills so that I can still use Korss/P5A and stick to mid-level hunting with A105 and hope I don't keep losing my shirt.

5) Change professions.

6) Chip out mining/tailoring and focus on Hunting only in some capacity, always sell looted ores/tailoring mats.

7) Something else I haven't thought of.

I'd appreciate if others who have been through this same dilemma could share their experiences, I think the final goal here for me is to minimise and preferably cease deposits into EU, while still being able to play.

I await your feedback.

[EDIT]

I thought it might be good to add here what setup I have that might help identify what areas I could focus on:

Ghost+5B
Vigi+6A
Gremlin+5B (for CP)
Embra Laser Sword C1 (Unlimited)
FiRaCo Beast
2x Omegatron A105
Foxtrot ME + e-amp15
OF105
EK-2600

L weapons I use frequently are: P5a/H400, HL6-8, LR59 (For PK)

Last edited:
I think best thing is do what your best at. Focus on that solely. When i was mining and crafting I would profit mining and lose more crafting. Hence I deposited. Then I chipped out and used the 4k ped to buy some things I had sold or were broken and used remaining 2k+ to mine with. So far I am staying even. I haven't crafted or deposited. hmm see the link in that??

Thanks Westy.

Bump, still looking for advice.

For me complete chipouts are no option unless I would leave the game for good.

Simple because I don't feel any (but a ridiculous high amount of peds) price tag on skills would reflect the time, deposits, efforts and annoyance in accumulation those skills over the almost two years for me now.

I do chip out little amounts from time to time in the professions I don't pursue at the moment, but not that much too loose more than one or two profession levels.

On what to focus, I have no idea actually. What I do see though, is that progressing means running at a higher scale. Nowadays I wouldn't even hunt Exa Youngs anymore with just 50 ped ammo, mine with just 50 probes or craft anything below 500 clicks.

Not really what you asked for, but some input :)

The best strategy for me is:

1. Stay focused on whatever you do.
2. Keep track on your results
3. Get in tune with the loot wave
4. Change Professions if you loose
5. Never TT anything with markup
6. Have lots of fun, if you don't stop playing
7. Don't quit
8. Believe

Some opinions and observations:

1. PVP4 - if you play smart you can survive without any pvp gear and evade all those nasty pkers. Because infiltrator won`t do much good against skilled pker with 150hp even if he is in vigi. Foxtrot ME + lr59 with e-amp 15 or even worse Shear Pro600 (L) can do quite a lot dmg through anything.
2. hunting - if you don`t like to deposit use very economical gun such as p5a, hl6 and so on and shoot monsters that drop something. By dropping i mean some L stuff that has nice markup but drops freq enough. No need to look for old unlimited items or very rare L. If you wan`t even more economical look for a mob that isn`t in a land area.
3. Don`t waste money on things you don`t do much. No point of doing very small crafting runs if you mostly shoot or mine.
4. Mining - find a good spot were aren`t materials with low markups (lyst, oil, molecules etc.) and use only 101 amps (or not at all) if you don`t feel comfortable enough loosing few hundred/thousand peds.
5. Buying adj fap IMHO won`t give much an advantage because you shouldn`t do "large" mobs at all. So even with L faps you can keep your decay very low.

Thanks for the advice so far everyone.

So far, it seems everyone is saying the same thing: Leave everything as-is and stick to hunting eco.

This is what i've been doing 90% of my time in EU, and I just keep losing and losing and losing. I guess the main changes I would need to make to get more eco would be to stop tailoring with the wools/hides/ores I loot, and sell them instead, and stop mining (although I only ever mine when I rarely go to CND anyway). I guess also stop hunting things like CP/Hogglo/Neconu etc...because they never loot well for me and don't consistently drop high markup items. I guess I should stick more to Argos and Miner Bots etc for the markup value?

It sounds too simple! I was sure i'd need to do something more drastic than that.

I think you should sell everything, buy stuff in EU that you believe is worth more but it needs time in to reach that value. Like people who had lots of tt clothes and made a fortune selling them.

Basically what i mean is that if you dont really feel like playing EU atm you should stop it and perhaps return if you miss it. I left this game but now im back and exploring it again.

Dont play Entropia just cuz you had fun in the past. If it isnt fun now then stop playing for a while

I guess the main changes I would need to make to get more eco would be to stop tailoring with the wools/hides/ores I loot, and sell them instead, and stop mining (although I only ever mine when I rarely go to CND anyway). I guess also stop hunting things like CP/Hogglo/Neconu etc...

That is mostly the cause of your negative results. You may get a good run on hogglo, neconu etc but that means you get less in those eco runs. I (non-depositer) try always to keep my armor+fap decay below 5% of total costs in a run (if i shoot out 200ped ammo+50ped decay i try to don`t decay my fap and armor for more than 12.5 peds from those 250peds). And if you do a run on hogs or something that decays your armor like hell you lose those peds. 10 peds there, another 10 there, another 20 in the ring and there you go - losing all the time.

I vote: hunt super eco with korss400+a105. sell the ghost and buy aurora or zombie L, buy 8aL plates and stick to the mob that you always liked, big argos is way better than small ones, they give alot more in avg.

if you sell skills you don't need you can buy evade skills for that money.

make sure you have about 500 ped on the ped card so you can stack up on hides and wool (argos=iron)

if you like the grind then this way is really great.

don't mine, craft and hunt, chose one and stick to it. you must have a goal of some sort. my goal is to get my rifle and hg to 10k, after that I might start mining or something else.

remember that hunting eco means that you will lose less every run, and if your lucky you will hit a big one way to your goal and then you can live on that until you hit the next big one...

if you like PVP then nothing can help you. you will lose everything because PVP is just there so ppl can have fun.. and most PK'ers depo ^^

if you like PVP then nothing can help you. you will lose everything because PVP is just there so ppl can have fun.. and most PK'ers depo ^^

I'm not so sure there. In PVP4 I make money a lot more often than I do hunting ;) The only downside I see to it is that you don't skill very much doing it.

I'm not so sure there. In PVP4 I make money a lot more often than I do hunting ;) The only downside I see to it is that you don't skill very much doing it.

ok, have you ever met anyone in full hermes/infiltrator and ml45+x5 and survived? ^^

I mean that if your gonna camp pvp3/4 you need something better than vigi and lr59.
as long as you stick to noob miners trying their luck your ok, but if you meet let's say Moser in there your screwed and you lose 5.1 ped for the anti tox.

yo mate. i've been there too. my decision was to buy a masher one, so i suppose your equivelent would be the c1, and to just stick to it. this way is working for me, and i'm constantly at break even.

i also did ur adj fap option, but if you're not going to deposit any more money in (which i guess not as its the whole point in this thread) you're out of luck: they go for anywhere around ~50k +/-5k last i looked.

i recommend you get rid of all skills you don't need that don't enable you to use k400 - its the king of all SIB, has been for ages, and if ever it becomes obsolete, its crafted brother p5a will be there to take its place.

this will also give you plenty of ammo to last quite a while. as long as you play sensibly you can't go wrong imo. you deffo need to lose the ghost though, and possibly the vigi - if you're dead set on being self sustaining on the old ped card there's no room for playing around in pvp-lootable, its just too risky (all imo ofc).

i sort of "created" the soc Divide & Conquer for people like you/(us) in mind, but due to RL, its currently sleeping. once i finish my exams (i'll be done by the end of may) i'm definately going to wake it up and see if we can't get anywhere with it. even if you're not looking for a soc just yet, please do read the whole recruiting thread and even the info in the soc term - it pretty much explains everything i wish to achieve with it, and will give you my opinion of how someone with our "limitations" can work to play as though we have none.

if you don't mind sharing, how much does your total number of deposits come up to? if yo u do mind sharing, work out if its more or less than you're currently worth atm. if its less, or only a little bit more, well you obviously haven't been playing as bad as you thought. maybe give up in the disciplins that you only "dabble" in, as you limit your returns in the sense you get some skills, but not enough to chip out and be worth anything - thats a big chunk of money gone.
if you're worth a lot less than you've deposited, then you have been doing something fundamentally wrong, so you need to trace your steps back and see if you can't find a reason for the losses (perhaps a big chunk of loss comes from toxic shots, or buying ME at 250%? something considerably small that adds up to become big in time). either that, or just forget what you think you know about how to play the game and learn to play it all over again.

ok, have you ever met anyone in full hermes/infiltrator and ml45+x5 and survived? ^^

I mean that if your gonna camp pvp3/4 you need something better than vigi and lr59.
as long as you stick to noob miners trying their luck your ok, but if you meet let's say Moser in there your screwed and you lose 5.1 ped for the anti tox.

I have survived a few times against people like that, but I do see your point. Although I find that the big wins in PVP tend to outweight the small losses if you can be fast with the TP chip. But yeah, PVP is mainly for fun, and I see that.

Thanks for the reply zammy, definately given me some things to think about. It seems more and more that it's not worth hunting the bigger mobs anymore unless you can afford to stick it out for the long haul, so I may need to think about creating a sustainable skill level and chip out some things, although until now I've never chipped anything in or out.

Regarding deposits, to be honest i've lost track. But I get the feeling it's quite a bit more than the 35k that my ava is worth, as there were times where I was depositing £2-300 a month, but to be honest, I doubt it's as bad as it seems in my head.

Seems to me that I need to re-evaluate, and start planning my time more than I have in the past. I was always up for hunting anything at any time provided I had the PED to do so, it seems that having fun and playing sustainably for me are mutually exclusive styles of play, and I either need to learn to have fun grinding, or get a new credit card.

Thanks everyone for your advice, i'll let you know how it goes once i've figured out how to do this thing.

VU 9 pissed me off so I decided to not depo anymore. I used to hunt and tailor but IMO tailoring got screwed with VU 9, at least with my skill lvl.

I used the time to April to do a slow sell out. I kept going as I used to for a while, selling stuff from my inventory or estate to finance my game play. My thought wa to go on like this untill I couldn't afford anymore.
One thing I did from start was to stick to my TT knife. A weapon I was very poor on so I got lots of skill gains and quite good loot in the begining. I knifed thousands of Snables. Why I did this? I wanted as much time per PED as possible. I went out armourless with a really bad weapon, so It was equal thrilling as going head to head with a bunch of Droid 08's, the only difference was the cost and the chance to global. I have never cared so much about globals since I play for fun, not to get rich. Almost the only hunting except the knifing was beacons and team hunts with my soc. So only small mobs by my self and bigger in team.

I have allways liked crafting so after a while I started to craft components, I skipped the damn filters since they are boring and has not much markup. I checked what materails payed good in auction and went for thoose. Only focusing on a few bp's and to get the QR on them as high as possible. There was a lot of clicking going on in the nights at my house. I did quite good, had the luck once finding that there was nothing of one of my materials in the auction for some time, so I bumped up the price and all sold quick anyway. The crafting even made me depo some peds again. But as usuall in EU I saw my PEDs fly away while I tried to get more skills fast. I saw bp's in my books I would like to use but didn't have skills enough for, so instead of focusing on stuff that sold I focused on stuff that gave me skills. This was a real PED burner, so in the end I decided to take a break and think about what I would should do. I seak fun here, nothing else, but if the fun is to expencive i really dislike it.
The decision I have made while away is to actually start depositing. So I depo, and I depo more than before. This may sound stupid, this is how I think:

2008 will be a great year for EU, CryEngine, new planets, space pirates, new stuff, new playera etc.
If I don't spend, I save
When I return a pile(big) of PEDs will help me a lot.

So what to do when I come back?

Repair all the gear I actually use, buy stuff I lack like foot protection and a plate or two.
Get a gun that fits my skill level and the damage I need to go after fun mobs
Get a new BIG knife
Do some BIG crafting rounds with the right bp's
Maybe pick up mining, not sure yet. I have very poor skills and that will get me some thing new to focus on and probably also gove me some nice globals.

One of my theories is that until you "graduate" in a proffession you have bigger chance on return, so doing something new will probably give me more for my PEDs

Hopefully a fresh start with PED to back up my goals will get me to a selfsustaining level and I don't need to depo again.

I might be wrong or I might be right, only time will tell.

BTW, I depo money I don't need so if I loose them I don't care.

EDITED

Thanks for the advice so far everyone.

So far, it seems everyone is saying the same thing: Leave everything as-is and stick to hunting eco.

This is what i've been doing 90% of my time in EU, and I just keep losing and losing and losing. I guess the main changes I would need to make to get more eco would be to stop tailoring with the wools/hides/ores I loot, and sell them instead, and stop mining (although I only ever mine when I rarely go to CND anyway). I guess also stop hunting things like CP/Hogglo/Neconu etc...because they never loot well for me and don't consistently drop high markup items. I guess I should stick more to Argos and Miner Bots etc for the markup value?

It sounds too simple! I was sure i'd need to do something more drastic than that.

One of my bads is to stack stuff in inventory for crafting later. The more bp's and books you get the less return you get from your hunts.

Before I used to sell or TT stuff and get back money for repairs and new ammo, then I started to stack usable stuff. Whn I got enough I used it at a bp where it fitted. The result, wasted good materials cause of my bad skills and QR on the thing I crafted. Better to buy the stuff you need and never pay to much. If the material is to expencive don't buy. Put a limit of what you would like to pay and stick to that. Save the PEDs for later or another materail with fair price, but don't turn away from the few bp's you have good QR on.

Last edited:
Concentrate what you are best at/enjoy most (from what you say, hunting).

p5a/a105 is a winning combination. The UL embra is #3 on most eco weapons for stuff that never hits you.

Stay away from crafting like the black plague that it is.

So some questions:
Do you plan to use anything but the p5/hl6?
If not, why do you need any HG/LWT above what you already have?
Same goes for longblades. If you don't plan to use anything but the embra, why do you need skills above maxing it?
Do you prefer to fap, or to shoot continually (ghost is no longer adequate on CP anyway - you now need phantom/jag and para 25 for dome 1 - unless you have some uber health/evade) - i.e. wy do you need *two* armor sets.
Also if you are hunting with 5b... why? Hunting anything eco you aren't going to need 5b. I think now is a good time to sell while bones still fetch a good price. (aurli bones are the reason why 5B remains high)
While we're on the topic, stay away from anything that crits above your health unless it's close to revie/doesn't have high regen.
If you have to fap more than once while killing a mob, it's too big for eco.
Stay away from combined imp/cut/stab mobs - these will give you an unnecessarily high decay bill. So no hoggs, scips, big atrox or atrax.

How often are you planning on hunting per day? it is possible to burn through 2kped with the p5 in under six hours, so you need the ped balance on your card to be able to do this.

Options:
Use the esi's you loot to chip out unneeded skills.
Don't use ingame auction for big items (unnecessary fees - selling the fox ME on auction would cost over 50ped itself...i.e. 15 minutes worth of p5 ammo)
Use (L) weapons you loot if get bored of the p5.

If you still want pk - pvp3 has some nice mobs that drop useful items (t10 from small longu, bravo from trax, korss from feff). Sure it's as empty of gd's as Port Atlantis and Swamp Camp will be after crygen2 is introduced, but the average loot is better since no one else hunts there ;) ) and it's mostly noobs so risk of losing a battle is low.

Then if you love argos, go after argos. 120% for iron and cb19's flying around the place. Great weapons..to kill argos with :eek:

Ps Stay away from taxed lands - most nub mobs are found on eudoria anyway.

PPS I'm sure you know enough about this game to take disciples :poke: That should kill some time.

Do you plan to use anything but the p5/hl6?
Well, in the past i've used up to HL12...but I think that might be too much of a PED burner for me.

If not, why do you need any HG/LWT above what you already have?
Again, in the past i've kept my skills because of the HP gains. I can chip out LWT, yes...but i've always prefered to keep the HG because of the HP.

Same goes for longblades. If you don't plan to use anything but the embra, why do you need skills above maxing it?
Same again, I can chip out longblades without losing HP, but Melee Combat etc give HP.

Do you prefer to fap, or to shoot continually (ghost is no longer adequate on CP anyway - you now need phantom/jag and para 25 for dome 1 - unless you have some uber health/evade) - i.e. wy do you need *two* armor sets.
Also if you are hunting with 5b... why? Hunting anything eco you aren't going to need 5b. I think now is a good time to sell while bones still fetch a good price. (aurli bones are the reason why 5B remains high)
I only hunt on CP with a partner (my wife), and we can still do all domes without any problems. Gremlin+5B is still fine even in Dome 4 with 2 people. I always use the lowest armour possible for the mobs I hunt. For instance, I never use anything more than Rascal+5A for low-mat ambu. I use unplated Kobold for Feffs, Rascal+6A for Drones etc... I rarely use my Ghost anymore except on things like Hogs, Scips, Neconu etc.

Again, I can't thank everyone enough for your advice. I think I will have a go at a few different things, and maybe do one of these 'Projects' that everyone is so keen on these days, in order to keep track of how i'm doing. Even if not, i'll be sure to let you all know how i'm going once I pick up the gun/sword again!

Your OP said severe change, so this is it:
Become a trader/reseller.

No equipment costs, ammo or bombs.takes a lot of attention to prices and stuff though. Thats why i can't do it, I just wanna blow things up.

i was at that point too, when i descided to stop depositing.

i will not tell you which mob to hunt. not because i wouldn't share, but i know my working mob doesn't always work for ppl i recommended it to.

generally: don't calculate eco only on dmg/pec. it's a mistake. even if m2a has better dmg/pec than some bigger L-gun, don't go for small mobs! i tried M2a+102 and lost too much.
very small mobs are hard to 'figure out' i think.

it is very important, that you know your mob very well. camping is the solution for eco-hunting imo.

i use h400+105 and always do 150 ped runs. i use opalo to tag and finish, even though the 'finishing with opalo' will not make or break a run.
my mob and armor is choosen so that armor gets used, but i never never die.
i developed a feeling for my mob. i don't believe, that i can see how good loot is with less than 100 ped ammo shot, so i always finish my runs, even if they are very bad. the trick is, to descide wether you go for another run and maybe a 3rd one.
i can not really give you any hard rules, you will get to know your mob, and you will learn to feel if you about to global. globaling is the trick. there is no mob that will make you break even without globaling, not even the smallest mobs do!
sometimes when i have very bad runs, i descide to 'recap' with another run, which usually works. sometimes i feel i better stay away though, and wait on next day.

i think i'm repeating myself, lol..

-----

summary:

korss400+105/opalo/fap50/ek2600/ghost+2a works very well for me.

my armor repair after 150-160ped ammo is usually 4-5 ped. faps (total) 2-3 ped.

camp mob, it took me about 50 runs to 'figure out' the mob

if you global and profit nicely, don't do any further runs! take a break, enjoy a profitable day. come back tomorrow

if you haven't globaled, but feel you're about to global, do another run, and global. if you broke even in total on both runs then, stop, enjoy a break-even day, come back tomorrow

set a 'virtual zero point' on your ped-card. for me it was 150 ped and fully repaired gear. (150 ped being my expense for ammo for one hunt). if you come below your zero-point, be very careful. try to save up ped by ped, a bankroll of about 2x your zero-point is good, because then ->

don't tt anything that has a rate above 102% (think you do 30-100 runs per month, each giving you about 100 ped 'tt-fodder'(102%). makes 60-200 ped per month saved, and this ped are needed to stay above the water-line!!)

keep in mind: it's not a race, you will see many newbiees outskilling you, but you might stay here for years to come ;)

believe in lootius. if you loose, always know, he is only testing you ;)

always listen to good music when you hunt!! (this point is very important!!)

don't envy ppl who hof on scips.

.. there is some more, but you get the point ;)

GL

trux

PS: i stopped depositing at lvl 21 ranged laser, and i'm now at lvl30.
my 'sellout-value' is more than 2x my total deposits.

i break even /'profit' over time. ( i only had one hof in my career, which was below 300 ped, so i'm not a jackpot-kid)

i even managed to save enough peds to pay for a weekend in dome3/4 (ok, my bankroll is now down from 700 ped to 300 ped, but i'm not getting nervous yet).

Last edited:
i was at that point too, when i descided to stop depositing.

i will not tell you which mob to hunt. not because i wouldn't share, but i know my working mob doesn't always work for ppl i recommended it to.

generally: don't calculate eco only on dmg/pec. it's a mistake. even if m2a has better dmg/pec than some bigger L-gun, don't go for small mobs! i tried M2a+102 and lost too much.
very small mobs are hard to 'figure out' i think.

it is very important, that you know your mob very well. camping is the solution for eco-hunting imo.

i use h400+105 and always do 150 ped runs. i use opalo to tag and finish, even though the 'finishing with opalo' will not make or break a run.
my mob and armor is choosen so that armor gets used, but i never never die.
i developed a feeling for my mob. i don't believe, that i can see how good loot is with less than 100 ped ammo shot, so i always finish my runs, even if they are very bad. the trick is, to descide wether you go for another run and maybe a 3rd one.
i can not really give you any hard rules, you will get to know your mob, and you will learn to feel if you about to global. globaling is the trick. there is no mob that will make you break even without globaling, not even the smallest mobs do!
sometimes when i have very bad runs, i descide to 'recap' with another run, which usually works. sometimes i feel i better stay away though, and wait on next day.

i think i'm repeating myself, lol..

-----

summary:

korss400+105/opalo/fap50/ek2600/ghost+2a works very well for me.

my armor repair after 150-160ped ammo is usually 4-5 ped. faps (total) 2-3 ped.

camp mob, it took me about 50 runs to 'figure out' the mob

if you global and profit nicely, don't do any further runs! take a break, enjoy a profitable day. come back tomorrow

if you haven't globaled, but feel you're about to global, do another run, and global. if you broke even in total on both runs then, stop, enjoy a break-even day, come back tomorrow

set a 'virtual zero point' on your ped-card. for me it was 150 ped and fully repaired gear. (150 ped being my expense for ammo for one hunt). if you come below your zero-point, be very careful. try to save up ped by ped, a bankroll of about 2x your zero-point is good, because then ->

don't tt anything that has a rate above 102% (think you do 30-100 runs per month, each giving you about 100 ped 'tt-fodder'(102%). makes 60-200 ped per month saved, and this ped are needed to stay above the water-line!!)

keep in mind: it's not a race, you will see many newbiees outskilling you, but you might stay here for years to come ;)

believe in lootius. if you loose, always know, he is only testing you ;)

always listen to good music when you hunt!! (this point is very important!!)

don't envy ppl who hof on scips.

.. there is some more, but you get the point ;)

GL

trux

PS: i stopped depositing at lvl 21 ranged laser, and i'm now at lvl30.
my 'sellout-value' is more than 2x my total deposits.

i break even /'profit' over time. ( i only had one hof in my career, which was below 300 ped, so i'm not a jackpot-kid)

i even managed to save enough peds to pay for a weekend in dome3/4 (ok, my bankroll is now down from 700 ped to 300 ped, but i'm not getting nervous yet).

The things you say reminds me of how I think with crafting runs. I try not do do rounds with less than 400 clicks, often I do at least the double of that.
I think less clicks is not enough to give a leveled out result, same with your 150 PED hunts. I think you manage to kill and loot a certain amount of your mob for those 150 PEDs. So you can have a bad time during the first 80% of them and then in the end get that back with a good loot. Numbers is allways good in statistics.
And your TT strategy should be put up as rule #1

Thanks again all, as a general rule, I don't do hunts less than 300 PED, the only smaller ones will be if i'm using Opalo/Embra. Anything Korss/P5A and up, i'll do 300-500 PED runs.

Thanks again all, as a general rule, I don't do hunts less than 300 PED, the only smaller ones will be if i'm using Opalo/Embra. Anything Korss/P5A and up, i'll do 300-500 PED runs.

i'm not on the bandwagon with that "the more you shoot out the better returns you'll get" theory. ofcourse, going out with 10ped ammo and expecting to get a "reasonable" return is obsurd (all things being relative ofc), but for a gun like k400 i would say 100ped ammo is a very standard run.

my theory is, the longer you hunt, the more "amplified" your results are. if you're in a bad luck streak, the more you hunt, the more you'll lose. if you're on a good day, the more you hunt, the less you lose, or you will profit some.

i think 500ped ammo is very overkill, depending on how loot is in the area. check level's "project" thread for his books. they're aweful. if i were in a position to want/be able to spend 500ped in a good hunt, i would do a 100-200ped ammo run, go back to tt, repair and check my stats. (i keep most things with over 101%-105% markup, and bear that in mind) if loot seems bad, i'd *do whatever personal ritual you have wen you know ur gona lose if u carry on - change mob/location or log off for 30 min, whatever you do here*. only if loot is good (or not unbarably bad) would i continue with another run, and keep going untill i'm speant out.

there is very little difference between the two methods, except when you break it up, you are in control and are able to pull out before you lose too much, weras with shootin through 500ped and then looking up, you could have lost, well, a lot.

its all about the control.

yes, i think 150 ped ammo is a good hunt, also because it fits the 105 perfectly.. check how you was doing after 150 ped i'd say.. also i recommend to really do 'standard runs', always the same amount of ammo.. this helps to get a 'feeling' for the mob..

also, i forgot to say in my first post: choose a mob that you can kill high numbers of, i'd say 1 kill every ~10 seconds.. a mob that you can kill fast..
if you feel loot is bad, slow down.. chat some lines between kills, smoke one, set playlist in winamp.. whatever.. as soon as you notice loot getting better, or even 'hot': kill, kill, kill, kill as fast as you can..

best regards,

trux

Back