Question: Whats the diffrence between hair spray and hair gel

xedin

Prowler
Society
HYPERBOREAN
Pavel VL Ivanov
Hello.

I am just wondering whats the diffrence between hair spray and hair gel? Both products possible to use for haircuts.

There is a big diffrence in TT value and about the same markup. On noob haircuts I do not notice that gel is better then Spray.

May be there are some future use for it?

gel is the same thing as spray the only difference is the TT value ... so if you use 5 peds of gel or 5 peds of spray the result will be the same

Best Regards
Ido

The difference is quite simple. Hair spray usually comes in a pressurized container, and you ummm "spray" it into your hair and quickly fix it to how you want to look.

Hair gel on the other hand mostly comes in a squeezable type container bottle. You have to squeeze it out, and usually work it into your hair. I prefer gel, because it gives you more time to style your hair.

Now back on topic ... what was said by those two wonderful people above me is correct. Plus, I want to add that the hairspray bottle is bigger than the gel bottle :)

gel is the same thing as spray the only difference is the TT value ... so if you use 5 peds of gel or 5 peds of spray the result will be the same

Best Regards
Ido

Ok. Then I do not understand why Gel have about the same markup as spray.

For example i would like to make a haircut and use 10 spray or 10 gel. In case I use spray I will pay 0.60 * 3 (300%) = 1.80 PED In case I use gel I will pay 1.30 * 3 (300%) = 3.90 PED.

I think that in case both gel and sparay are the same and differs only like
Koliber said the markup must be different.

If i had understand Ido's post , u don't need a number of bottle but a TT value . So it won't be the same number of bottle so if your Hairs style need 6 ped of stuff it'll be like 10 spray and 5 gel so with the same markup of 300% u got the same prize at the end :D
Maybe i'm totaly wrong but that would explain the same market :wtg:

You can easily see the Success Rating is affected by the TTvalue of the materials you add and not the ammount of actual bottles or cans... you can of course mix them and decide on your own how much ped you want to use per attempt :)

You can easily see the Success Rating is affected by the TTvalue of the materials you add and not the ammount of actual bottles or cans... you can of course mix them and decide on your own how much ped you want to use per attempt :)

ok thanks. Will do some tests on it. :)

Hello,

With the spray being a lower tt value, I used to use just one spray to skill with back when I first started hairdressing. Not sure if this is still the most efficient way for starting out though as there have been many VU's since.

Then as you start skilling up, you need to start using more tt value of product - rather than using 2 spray, it is cheaper to use 1 gel (due to the similar markups on both).

That is the only time I have found the difference in tt values to be of any use.

Once you get a few more haircuts unlocked, you'll need to use multiple quantities of gel and/or spray, even just for skilling... so it really doesn't matter about the difference in tt value then.

Hope that helps!
Missa

Back