Windows XP 64 Bit + Entropia - Strange "errors"

extince

Provider
Society
NBK Elite Squadron
nick extince robertson
hi people, was just going to ask if you have encountered that when you are about to login into entropia, that this "glow" that circles around the login box sometimes goes ultra-fast (and when well have logged in, the game feels laggy).

My HW:

Geforce 8800 GT
Amd Athlon 64 X2 5000+
Mem: 4GB DDR2 (unsure about speed in writing moment).

The problem resolves if you restart the computer, but, iam a geek and i want uptime ;)

What i've tried to do;
Install new drivers
Winblows update

I dont have these problems in Windows Vista Ultimate (64bit version), please help (and no, i don't install windows vista again)

Are you getting a specific error or just a weird graphic; possibly graphics or monitor issue.

Never seen that before m8:

Dual GeForce 7900 GT (SLI'd)
AMD 64 - 3700+
2GB DDR2

I have xp64 and no bigger problems, occasional CTD's and bad loot ;)

U could try Control Panel - Display - Settings - Advanced - Troubleshoot, and adjust acceleration to less than full...

it seems like everything is rendered too fast, when u run, you step somewhat back (no, its not lag, it only occours when this "glow" spins fast around the loginbox).

I was wondering why i installed vista instead of winxp 64 :p (accidently erased that harddrive during a linuxinstallation (never install linux being drunk)).

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

hi people, was just going to ask if you have encountered that when you are about to login into entropia, that this "glow" that circles around the login box sometimes goes ultra-fast (and when well have logged in, the game feels laggy).

My HW:

Geforce 8800 GT
Amd Athlon 64 X2 5000+
Mem: 4GB DDR2 (unsure about speed in writing moment).

The problem resolves if you restart the computer, but, iam a geek and i want uptime ;)

What i've tried to do;
Install new drivers
Winblows update

I dont have these problems in Windows Vista Ultimate (64bit version), please help (and no, i don't install windows vista again)

OMFG this is the exact problem i have had for months!!! I thought i was going insane and have tried a range of different things including upgrading from a crappier card to the 8800 GTS which did nothing for me to change that login screen flashing and once i have logged in rubberbanding (choppyness). The only thing that keeps me from the choppy issue is completely restarting my system. I am then able to play for about half an hour before the choppyness continues (makes pvp hell). Definately has to be a problem with XP 64 and its drivers then... :( I also have tried to reinstall my graphics drivers. Thanks for helping to confirm this issue.

System specs are very similiar to yours but not quite as nice

4400+ Athlon 64, 2 GB ram, 8800 GTS

Hmmmm maybe i will buy windows vista ultimate then! ;P

it seems like everything is rendered too fast, when u run, you step somewhat back (no, its not lag, it only occours when this "glow" spins fast around the loginbox).

I was wondering why i installed vista instead of winxp 64 :p (accidently erased that harddrive during a linuxinstallation (never install linux being drunk)).

Ya most definately has something to do with the rendering because with all the terrain in pvp4 it seems to happen alot more frequently. Especially when on hills and on sides of mountains. Wierd that after the restart of the system that everything is fine for at least 10-20 mins though... I guess it is nothing that we can specifically fix :(

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/technical/93016-issues-entropia-universe-late.html
This link actually shows some of the previous threads about this issue. You can see on the other one that is linked that at least one other is having this issue.

Last edited:
Hi, I get this weird annomaly also sometimes, the dual core patch and drivers for proc. are installed alrighty..so this doesnt cause it.

I think It is something to do with the latest nvidia gfx drivers or directx latest update... cause, in event viewer I dont see any errors. Then again, It might be just eu..., cause pay attention xp64pro are not supported by Mindark`s sw. If you dont change the compatibilty on *.exe files in eu folder to XP compatibility then you see that eu thinks youre running Win server 2003 and not xp64pro.

I dont pay much attention to this issue, since It happens rarely. Might be that with next driver update this will be resolved..., the last nvidia driver for 8800 is dated 17.dec.2007. So the new driver might come soon.

Also note, that some time back prior to sp2 for xp64pro, also the drivers for nvidia were older at that time, I didnt get this annomaly. If youre really bugged too often with this issue, I recommend that you try some older nvidia drivers also.

Cheers,
Robo

Hi, I get this weird annomaly also sometimes, the dual core patch and drivers for proc. are installed alrighty..so this doesnt cause it.

I think It is something to do with the latest nvidia gfx drivers or directx latest update... cause, in event viewer I dont see any errors. Then again, It might be just eu..., cause pay attention xp64pro are not supported by Mindark`s sw. If you dont change the compatibilty on *.exe files in eu folder to XP compatibility then you see that eu thinks youre running Win server 2003 and not xp64pro.

I dont pay much attention to this issue, since It happens rarely. Might be that with next driver update this will be resolved..., the last nvidia driver for 8800 is dated 17.dec.2007. So the new driver might come soon.

Also note, that some time back prior to sp2 for xp64pro, also the drivers for nvidia were older at that time, I didnt get this annomaly. If youre really bugged too often with this issue, I recommend that you try some older nvidia drivers also.

Cheers,
Robo

I don't think its the OS problem.:scratch2: I'm running normal Win XP Pro and it seem to be OK until I upgrade the graphic driver (more on it later). I do agree it had to do with the Nvidia graphic card drivers. My machine is also running AMD x64 dual core, and a Geforce 8500GT. Everything is fine when I'm running using my old driver (came with the graphic card) but after I update the driver this jittery problem started to appear. Same as yours, the problem dissappear after a restart.

EU is not the only game effected , my other 3D games were also effected.:( So it is safe to say that its the graphic drivers issue. So I think you should just do what Robotek suggest or buy a new Graphic card.:laugh:

I don't think its the OS problem.:scratch2: I'm running normal Win XP Pro and it seem to be OK until I upgrade the graphic driver (more on it later). I do agree it had to do with the Nvidia graphic card drivers. My machine is also running AMD x64 dual core, and a Geforce 8500GT. Everything is fine when I'm running using my old driver (came with the graphic card) but after I update the driver this jittery problem started to appear. Same as yours, the problem dissappear after a restart.

The reason i believe its a something with the OS is that i don't have any problems in either Win2003 server, WinXP, WinVista, only WinXP_x86_64 (ok sure, can be the x86_64 drivers for WinXP that is b0rked :p

Anyhow, nice to see that iam not the only one having this prob, and sorry, i should have searched the forum before posting a new thread ;)

I don´t have this kind of errors. Running Win XP X64 too and also Nvidia GPU (8800gtx), BUT I use an Intel Quadcore, not a AMD CPU.

Awww, Geek and don't know your RAM speed? :>
Anyway, my best bet would be the multicore CPU (or it's drivers), had same sort of problem on some other games, i had installed AMD drivers for the CPU, after removing those, didn't see any problems.

Also, you might try running the game single threaded and see if the problem goes away (limiting the causes).

Awww, Geek and don't know your RAM speed? :>
Anyway, my best bet would be the multicore CPU (or it's drivers), had same sort of problem on some other games, i had installed AMD drivers for the CPU, after removing those, didn't see any problems.

Also, you might try running the game single threaded and see if the problem goes away (limiting the causes).

Tried that as well ;) Thanks anyway ;)

Are you using EU in window mode ?

Because i have little "speed" problem with son things in XP.
Its the ballon tips , and som application alert windows , that create a big slow down in frame rate.

So it could be for you a fire wall alert or something :D

Are you using EU in window mode ?

Because i have little "speed" problem with son things in XP.
Its the ballon tips , and som application alert windows , that create a big slow down in frame rate.

So it could be for you a fire wall alert or something :D

Answer is no. I use fullscreen. I do use real shit not any crappy software firewalls ;) (ok then, i use IP-tables on my linuxrouter, together with l7-filters) Turned all balloons of, hate them even when i don't play. 0x90 is a god instruction when u are changing executables sometimes (and can't get rid of the ballons via register or settings in the apps)

Hiya mates, first of all, thanks for trying to help, i have to give an eloge to the one who said something about cpudrivers.. he was almost right.

I visited http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html
and downloaded:

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer - The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core processor systems, by periodically adjusting the core time-stamp-counters, so that they are synchronized.

I guess that this was the issue, funny that it doesnt behave bad in the regular winxp pro :)

Hiya mates, first of all, thanks for trying to help, i have to give an eloge to the one who said something about cpudrivers.. he was almost right.

I visited http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html
and downloaded:

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer - The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core processor systems, by periodically adjusting the core time-stamp-counters, so that they are synchronized.

I guess that this was the issue, funny that it doesnt behave bad in the regular winxp pro :)

ZOMGGGGGG!!! I cant wait to get home and DL this beast! Thx so much for the research... This will bring enjoyment back to my gaming with all the missed shots and pvp waste that this issue was causing me :( THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX WEEEEEEEEE XD

Please tell me how it went :)

I had the same problem, running Windows XP on AMD 62 X2 4200.

I downloaded the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer as you suggested and the problem disappeared straight away :)

Cheers

+rep

and downloaded:

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer

Back