Loot Trends Ticker via EntropiaTracker.com

An additional global ticker has been added to the footer of every EntropiaForum page, which displays all loots of 1000 PED or more from the last 24 hours, as recorded by EntropiaTracker.com.

picture.php

The data is displayed in reverse chronological order, with the latest globals displayed first. All times are Calypso Time (UTC). Date Format is MM/DD/YYYY.

As with the loot trends ticker, data is updated approximately every 5 minutes.

Enjoy! :cool:

Awesome feature Neo! Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

EU tracker loot trends on hunting mining and crafting loot

how come the numbers are so low? -60% ??? can someone please tell me this isnt the average return or what does this show?

To be honest, to me the EntropiaTracker loot trends don't say anything at all. When someone gets a big ath it's all messed up.

It could mean ANY of the following:
- Less average return
- Less ppl playing
etc

it doesnt say much ;)

It could mean ANY of the following:
- Less average return
- Less ppl playing
etc

it doesnt say much ;)

And when all people get 49 ped loots only for a full day the tracker still would be very negative :laugh:

That's supposed to mean the total number of PED in globals/HOFs compared against the last day, so if it says -50%, that means it has been rougly half than last day. Sometimes it correlates to bad return periods, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes someone has a big ATH and mess up the numbers completely anyway. :laugh:

That's supposed to mean the total number of PED in globals/HOFs compared against the last day, so if it says -50%, that means it has been rougly half than last day. Sometimes it correlates to bad return periods, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes someone has a big ATH and mess up the numbers completely anyway. :laugh:

It's not compared to the last day, it's compared to the all time average daily global values. I have merged this thread with the thread that explains exactly what the loot ticker is showing.

It's not compared to the last day, it's compared to the all time average daily global values. I have merged this thread with the thread that explains exactly what the loot ticker is showing.

Ahh, alright, thanks for the clarification! Sorry I misread last time. :scratch2:

how come the numbers are so low? -60% ??? can someone please tell me this isnt the average return or what does this show?

What it means is that the running average of total loot, calculated from registered globals over some completely arbitrarily chosen time period, has taken a dip of 60%.

Some other ways to describe what it means:

- it means dX = X*(-60/100), X standing for "arbitrary" and d for "change"

- simplifying the above, it means: -60% (my personal favorite)

- the tracker was experiencing a downtime period, X% more severe compared to the last known arbitrarily chosen period, where X denotes a variable strongly correlated to "hunting loot" - the fluctuation not explained by downtime may be explained by other factors, such as weather (a factor frequently stated as a reason for everything, including bad loot, in case of good weather), also loot

- the "hunting loot" percentage would be lower if the period, over which it was calculated, was chosen to be longer (yes, the tracker folks have total control over the rate and extent of global "hunting loot" fluctuation - if they would have chosen an infinite period we wouldn't be experiencing these crazy ups and downs!)

- less people hunting, therefore less hunting globals

- less people hunting mobs that global more often

- less mobs globaling for people hunting them less often

- whinning about loot is X% higher, partly due to discouraging tracker stats, partly due to the tracker not registering those fewer globals you really really wanted to get registered - where X, again, denotes a variable strongly correlated to "hunting loot", in a negative fashion

- someone stumbled over the loot server cable, hence the loot blackout (and him getting a raise from Mindark) - the cover-up story from Mindark was that the "hunting loot" dropped due to tracker downtime - which was actually the truth

- the alignment of active players with the spinning 8's is down by 60%, while 60% more aligned with players likely to mention "avatar-based loot" on EF

;)

I notice the tracker has disappeared from the bottom of the webpage.

Is this a temporary problem? (I may have missed a thread about it) :scratch2:

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Aha! It is back. :)

I notice the tracker has disappeared from the bottom of the webpage.

Is this a temporary problem? (I may have missed a thread about it) :scratch2:

The EntropiaTracker ticker was removed from the EF footer for about 24 hours because ET had some downtime in recording globals, which resulted in massive negative percentages for all the professions displayed in the ticker (which were not representative of the actualy globals in-game).

Starfinder fixed the issue, and told me that there is a backup of the data that was missed, which should be restored into the main database shortly.

Entropia Tracker Ticker Wrong on EF

Any idea why the tracker info that runs at bottom of each forum window is wrong? At this moment it shows -24% for hunting globals, but on Entropia Tracker it actually says it's +8% or so. A lot of people cite the incorrect info displayed here, and probably never actually check the Tracker site, and make comments about it all the time. Very common to see negative comments about # of globals and loot, and I'm sure a lot of people are making decisions about their activities/inactivities, just using this incorrect info.

On the tracker site it shows last 24 hours compared to the 24 before that.
The ticker compares the last 24 hours with the average loot value over the previous year and is therefore while not wrong pretty useless as a info, considering that 1 year average means little in terms of day to day loot.

On the tracker site it shows last 24 hours compared to the 24 before that.
The ticker compares the last 24 hours with the average loot value over the previous year and is therefore while not wrong pretty useless as a info, considering that 1 year average means little in terms of day to day loot.

also, it will only show globals, while there might be many smaller loots giving better tt returns overall anyway ;) heh

It might be worth a look, hunting hasn't shown positive in 2.5 months - that cant be right?

It might be worth a look, hunting hasn't shown positive in 2.5 months - that cant be right?

1 year average which much more activity 1 year ago and around the time of MM and the skill boni events compared to now.
The numbers are right just not useful other than to show that overall, which can be no surprise at summers times on top of a worldwide economic crisis activity level in EU is down.

at a current -19% hunting is actually higher than it has been recently, usually around -30%. so yeah, its rather pointless and paints a unduly negative picture.

Somehow the tracker trends here seem not to be the same as on the trackers page.
Has been quite som time like this and if one does not compare them, you get the impression here that loot suxx big time all the time :D

you get the impression here that loot suxx big time all the time :D
Dosn't it?

Lame joke aside, i sent Starfinder a PM asking to come up with a better solution.

What would you guys like?

Last 24h compared to what (currently it's year daily average iirc).

Last weeks same day loot?
Last weeks average?
Last months average?
Last years same day average loot?

Please help us out with some interesting clues!

Thanks,

Tussi

What would you guys like?

Last 24h compared to what (currently it's year daily average iirc).

Last weeks same day loot?
Last weeks average?
Last months average?
Last years same day average loot?

all of those please.

though i think the problem is less with what is available on ET site but the one on EF that shows daily vs daily average of all history.

Compared to last day was allways enough for me and for the rest that premium membership should be suitable (still wonder if I will ever manage to have the PEDs, find someone from support online AND be able to login at the same time :D ).

Any idea why the tracker info that runs at bottom of each forum window is wrong? At this moment it shows -24% for hunting globals, but on Entropia Tracker it actually says it's +8% or so. A lot of people cite the incorrect info displayed here, and probably never actually check the Tracker site, and make comments about it all the time. Very common to see negative comments about # of globals and loot, and I'm sure a lot of people are making decisions about their activities/inactivities, just using this incorrect info.

I have merged your thread with the Loot Trends Ticker thread in the EntropiaTracker subforum, which should answer your questions and remove any confusion.

Thank-you for NOT putting back the trends ticker!
I saw it briefly on the weekend and groaned because all three numbers were very depressing, but it obviously didn't stay and I'm quite relieved it is not there anymore.

Thank-you for NOT putting back the trends ticker!
I saw it briefly on the weekend and groaned because all three numbers were very depressing, but it obviously didn't stay and I'm quite relieved it is not there anymore.

You know that on your User CP you could choose if you want to see it or not.

Back