1000 Customers in 1000 Days ... (25 ped and free haircuts at Ido's) ... WIN 1000 PED worth Platinum Membership

Ido

Stalker
Society
Planet Express
Ido Starlit Sunrider
1000 customers
in 1000 days

Ido's Beauty Parlor has been founded on the 23rd September 2005. It will soon be 1000 days since we have begun serving the vibrant community of Calypso. You all have shown me a lot support through all these days so we would like to give some of the love back to the community. For this reason I announce a new special one of a kind Event at Ido's Beauty Parlor:

Be the 1000th Customer* at the parlor and win Parlor membership
  • If you are the 1000th customer on the 1000th day of business you will win Platinum membership (worth 1000 PED) which grants you a 50% discount on any services at our parlor...
  • If you come earlier then you win Gold Membership (worth 500 PED) which gives you 25% discount
  • If you come later you still win Silver Membership (worth 200 PED) which grants a 10% discount

You can read more about the Membership Offers and see the list of current parlor members at www.idosunrider.com

To make the offer even better the prices on all the 26 haircuts have been changed to 25 PED for the duration of the contest untill the lucky 1000th customer is found.

We also will offer haircuts FREE OF CHARGE in return we ask 10 pieces of gel and 10 pieces of spray per attempt. It might take several attempts but it usualy works within first 3 or 5.**

To take advantage of this special offer please visit Ido's Beauty Parlor at TI City Platinum 9 A. To see if Ido is online and ready for business please check out www.idosunrider.com at the bottom right corner.

Also the count of the current ammount of days is present on the website (976 days in business as of 26th May) And to keep the competition fair i will not tell anyone how many unique customers has the parlor had untill now (except that its less than but very close to a 1000)

With my Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

* This count applies to unique customers which are new to the parlor
** Free of Charge haircuts will not be recorded in the Parlor customer system and wont count thorwards the membership contest.

Ido is the best hair stylist on Calypso, so this is a great opportunity to get cheap and good looking haircuts :yay:

I'll probably get a new haircut now ;)

I've been working for this guy for months, and I trully respect him, he has never left a customer disappointed :) This is indeed a great initiative he's taken up!! :yay: +Rep for mah boss :smoke:

Thank you all :)

I wanted to post the common opening times that you can expect me to be at the parlor (but please always double check with the website)

weekdays 17:00 - 22:00 MA Time
weekends 10:00 - 22:00 MA Time

looking forward to seeing you all at the parlor

My Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

forced to write a preview lol jk. Anyway it was hard to find someone that had this hairstyle (25) i wanted unlocked but finaly Ido made my day :) Got the style i wanted and the event is awesome 25 ped for this kind of style well could I ask for more ? I'll visit him again :wtg::yay:

Yes all hairstyles will cost 25 ped Untill 1000th customer is found :)

So come all to the parlor for your chance to get a super cheap hairstyle and a chance to win a parlor membership :)

15 days remain to 1000th day ... how many customers i wont say

However being the 1000th before the annaversary day would be better than being it after :) and dont expect me to serve everyone on one day :D might not be enough time in the 24 hours :)

Looking forward to seeing you all at the parlor

Ido Sunrider

Sounds nice.
Btw. the website is totally unusable, pretty much nothing in there works, and what does work, propably doesn't work correctly, unless it's meant to be like hell.

So, just gonna ask here since no use of the webpage, what are "all 26 haircuts" ? Aren't there 30 of them?

Sounds nice.
Btw. the website is totally unusable, pretty much nothing in there works, and what does work, propably doesn't work correctly, unless it's meant to be like hell.

So, just gonna ask here since no use of the webpage, what are "all 26 haircuts" ? Aren't there 30 of them?

Try using FireFox or Internet Explorer for browsing the website... unfortunatly i had some problems with making the javascripts work with Opera (i assume that is the browser you are using)

Its not an easy task to make a website cross browser compatible... i made it myself and i already had a hard time making the website appear the same on IE and FF ... the problem is some browser dont offer the functionality of others or the scripting language uses totaly different statements so its not easy to make it work on all browser .. from my statistics collected only 2-3% of visitors use Opera browsers all others use FF and IE so i decided not to expand the functionality of the scripts onto Opera... I'll have to look into it once i find some spare time

And about the haircuts ... I have 26 unlocked haircuts at the moment and all of them cost only 25 ped :)

Ido

Last edited:
Try using FireFox or Internet Explorer for browsing the website... unfortunatly i had some problems with making the javascripts work with Opera (i assume that is the browser you are using)

Its not an easy task to make a website cross browser compatible... i made it myself and i already had a hard time making the website appear the same on IE and FF ... the problem is some browser dont offer the functionality of others or the scripting language uses totaly different statements so its not easy to make it work on all browser .. from my statistics collected only 2-3% of visitors use Opera browsers all others use FF and IE so i decided not to expand the functionality of the scripts onto Opera... I'll have to look into it once i find some spare time

And about the haircuts ... I have 26 unlocked haircuts at the moment and all of them cost only 25 ped :)

Ido
Oki, thanks.
It's not really a hard task (i do this stuff for work so i tend to be a bit of a hard-ass when it comes to website stuff ;)), but can sure take some time to implement.

I might come visit you some day :)

PS. Forgot to ask about hair coloring, how much is that?

Reactions: Ido
I made a small change on the website it might help make the website more readable on unsupported browsers... It will still not automatically resize when loading a page larger then the current frame but now it will fill the whole space next to the button menu and you can use your mouse wheel to scroll through the content...

Sorry for the previous inconvinience ... i hope this will help all the Opera users

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Time to get your new haircut people :)

Visited Ido a few days ago and he said there is still a few customers left untill the 1000.

Thanks for a fast and cheap cut Ido :)

PS. Forgot to ask about hair coloring, how much is that?

As prices are subject to change ... and they do change often to follow up on the customer needs and market status please check on my website under "Prices"

Should work much better on Opera now

Ido

I would like to officialy thank Cail for helping me with upgrading my javascript source to support Opera and Safari browsers. Also for suggesting i should switch to AJAX which i will be doing shortly :D a demo project he showed me was really nice and will make the site feel even better :) and hopefully run just as smooth on all browsers...

+REP Cail and 1000 EFD donation !!!

11 days remain till day 1000 :) Membership is still to be won :)

dont miss your chance to get a high end haircut for 25 ped...

... visit www.idosunrider.com

Thank you Ido :)
Glad i can be of help, waiting to see how it will turn out :thumbup:
You can PM me anytime if you need more assistance.

only 3 days remain and we are still missing the 1000th unique customer. If none is found untill 1000th day of service the chance to win Platinum membership will be lost and only Silver will remain to be won :)

Ido

I actually visited your apartment yesterday, but you didn't seem to be there at that moment so I'll try again today ;)

I actually visited your apartment yesterday, but you didn't seem to be there at that moment so I'll try again today ;)

Yes sorry about yesterday i had a glitch with the website while i had to log out and leave the host was temporarily down and i was unable to set my status to offline untill this morning (need to implement an automatic mechanism maybe based on xfires website coz rightnow i switch the offline and online status manually)

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Today is day 999 .... and tommorow day 1000 :D

Staying in business for 1000 days was fun indeed but not always easy :D

maybe i should post this as an achivement :D

anyway i'll be at the parlor today and tommorow all afternoon (17:00-23:00 MA Time) if anyone cares to drop by :)

Hope to see you there
Ido

Oh, it's tomorrow already, might be quite busy tomorrow (midsummer thingy here in Finland).
Might drop by today :)

Back