Account Lockdown Information

Status
And paynova support say it's a glitch in MA's system... :rolleyes:

I have yet to see a note from Paynova support saying such... a quick check of their website reveiled nothing... so, can you be so kind as to link us to this? Or, is this a sarcastic comment?

Yeah, steady here guys. If this is paynova's position, I'd like to see some reference. Sarcasm understood, but let's hold on to it until we're sure it's funny.

I reckon you've got it right. If PayNova glitched, they will be accountable, provided MA set up the terms correctly.

The only question that remains for me, as others have also asked, is what becomes of the items? Are they back in the system for the honest players, or are they collateral damage, lost forever?

Oh, and of course, respect to MA for getting it right. Seems much of the earlier criticism was far too impetuous. ;)

Ma has previously stated that once an account is locked or inactive for a certain ammount of time the items will be recycled into the loot system i believe... but they have not stated if the actual items will be to be had or if its only their tt value which will support the loot pool...

Would be nice to loot some of the really old items that will never drop anymore...

Ido

I reckon you've got it right. If PayNova glitched, they will be accountable, provided MA set up the terms correctly.

The only question that remains for me, as others have also asked, is what becomes of the items? Are they back in the system for the honest players, or are they collateral damage, lost forever?

Oh, and of course, respect to MA for getting it right. Seems much of the earlier criticism was far too impetuous. ;)

Good question on the items. I would hazard a guess that the accounts would be liquidated and all proceeds would go to payoff the illegal transaction the Account holder made.

I am not sure how this is done but I can't see MA doing anything extra in these cases. IIRC when an account is liquidated all the items are sold to TT. If that is true then I would surmise they are gone forever. :(

Dex :cool:

WHo cares anyway..

MindArk pisses on Paynova
Paynova pisses on MindArk

MindArk pisses on us...
Who can *we* piss back on?

+rep for truth!

You all forgot 1 thing.There isnt anything keeping those people from making a new account.

Remain locked ?

Ban for life ?

Lawsuits ?

Names ?

oh my :/

great to see some feedback on this, draws a line under the issue so we dont have rumour and "ah, the mass locking" for the next few years.

Good question on the items. I would hazard a guess that the accounts would be liquidated and all proceeds would go to payoff the illegal transaction the Account holder made.

I am not sure how this is done but I can't see MA doing anything extra in these cases. IIRC when an account is liquidated all the items are sold to TT. If that is true then I would surmise they are gone forever. :(

Well, liquidate doesn't mean one has to do it for a loss. Hell, why not dump the stuff in an RX's inventory and let them list the lot on auction, no BO?

Once the auctions complete, use the proceeds to square off as much of the fallout from the exploit as possible.

I don't want to feel like:
Cpt. Jack Sparrow : "The world isn't smaller, there's just less in it".
:cool:

~ thebuzz ~ said:
MindArk pisses on Paynova
Paynova pisses on MindArk

MindArk pisses on us...
Who can *we* piss back on?

I always find it interesting why people even pay something to be pissed on .......... as far as i can recollect you had some skills , and just that to be pissed upon ??? i would leave if i was you, but then again. I'm clearly the only one who says one and does two, instead of some people whining about evrything that is on their path.

Hint ?????? i dont know, truth ???? yes for sure. must be, just enjoy your hl8 and play, dont bother bertha vpnbot :laugh:

Who's fault it is (MA of Paynova) we will probably never learn. But I see one good thing: MA seems to understand at last the need of communication with participants. First announcements of new VU and it's features before VU (altough I still don't like the way they modified some mobs), and now explaining this issue. This is good direction, I hope they will improve their communication with us in the future.

Remain locked ?

Ban for life ?

Lawsuits ?

Names ?

oh my :/

I hear a vault door opening...................ohhh look its the long lost bot hunterz looks like MA wants to give them some company.......here come the Paynova fraudsters...............wait whats this aliens, spaceships, and the Ark of the Covenant.......this is no vault its area 51 :eek: *doors slams shut*.

:laugh: gotta love Indiana Jones.

Personally I think this will go the way of the Dodo bird and the bot hunterz never to be heard or seen from again..........but I have been wrong on more than one occasion.

Who's fault it is (MA of Paynova) we will probably never learn. But I see one good thing: MA seems to understand at last the need of communication with participants. First announcements of new VU and it's features before VU (altough I still don't like the way they modified some mobs), and now explaining this issue. This is good direction, I hope they will improve their communication with us in the future.

They have been excellent in their communication for a while now. From interviews to postings on this forum, to dev blogs, to the entropia blog. People often don't look hard enough for the communication to understand that they are communicating. Just because one doesn't see/hear the communication doesn't mean they aren't communicating ;)

They have been excellent in their communication for a while now. From interviews to postings on this forum, to dev blogs, to the entropia blog. People often don't look hard enough for the communication to understand that they are communicating. Just because one doesn't see/hear the communication doesn't mean they aren't communicating ;)

IF you call this and whatever it is you call interviewing communications then you are selling the community short and doing it much disrespect by trying to pass it off as acceptable.

You all forgot 1 thing.There isnt anything keeping those people from making a new account.

What makes you think they would have to make one? chances are they already had one prior to the locks. :rolleyes: They were not exactly playing by the rules in the first place.

I hope MA has someone sifting through the logs looking for any accounts that logged in using the same IPs as the now former participants used.

IF you call this and whatever it is you call interviewing communications then you are selling the community short and doing it much disrespect by trying to pass it off as acceptable.

I agree, it's a step in the right direction but a long way from open and frank communication.

Back on topic.

I'm glad MA posted this, the only thing that would make it better would be a mention that they are somehow covered for this effective ped loss without us, the participants paying extra to cover fraud.

We need a jailhouse in one of the rustic-style areas, complete with tavern and sherrif's office. The temp-banned avatars can be confined to the "jail" and the banned avatars can have a tombstone on "Boot Hill" cemetary with their crimes on the tombstones.

Not the first time this has been suggested, but i think it would go a long ways toward promoting "civil obedience".

Oh, and make the area PvP so we can have gunfights. :)

Oooo, I like that ... and you just may have given JackFree a bit more fodder for his short story writing ... check it out. Marshall Marco came to town lookin' for ... ahhh ... read the story! ;)

Oooo, I like that ... and you just may have given JackFree a bit more fodder for his short story writing ... check it out. Marshall Marco came to town lookin' for ... ahhh ... read the story! ;)

Thanks for the plug. :)

Cheers :beerchug:

I hope MA has someone sifting through the logs looking for any accounts that logged in using the same IPs as the now former participants used.
The problem is that many people share the same IP. Me and my fiancee for example. Bah! we share even the same MAC addresses ocassionally. What about LAN parties? What about friend visiting me and using my computer for logging on to EU? It's not that easy matter as it seems...

Just because one doesn't see/hear the communication doesn't mean they aren't communicating ;)
Lol, this gave me a picture of MA as small green people from different solar system :D

Thx for the statement, MA! +rep.

I hope this information politics becomes standard procedure.

Buck.

Hopefully they were the top resellers and we will never see them again.
Well, i gotta say: i have picked up some incredible deals on auction lately. Whether it was because the temporarily locked resellers hadn't gotten back in and restarted their auction bots or because they were permanently banned is unclear, but this issue definitely reduced auction manipulation.
Lol, good for you these incredible deals :D As for myself, I cannot play since friday... thanks to my ISP.
Cannot play any networked game (including Entropia): "high" ports blocked, or firewall whatever... it's still not fixed (but taken care of at the moment).

... However, I am glad that my problem happened before that Paynova thing, I could have bought a small something in Twins, who knows :laugh:

Btw... (too) good deals is abusing the weaker players. Normally, traders are there against that. And most traders don't use auction bots, ofc.

Would like to know, so, who in my competition got banned, if any :confused:

I have yet to see a note from Paynova support saying such... a quick check of their website reveiled nothing... so, can you be so kind as to link us to this? Or, is this a sarcastic comment?

It was a hypothesis. Sometimes partnering companys blame each other. Maybe you are not familiar with it since before, but I have seen it many times. I do how ever highly doubt that Paynova's security would be that bad. In my ears it sounds like MA's system let in the peds prior to the payment was recieved. It even says so in the info on MA's site. How is THAT Paynova's glitch? :laugh:

I applaude for the info from MA.
Dunno if its the first time that infos about what happens coming from them.
So there are no speculations needed.

Way to go .

It was a hypothesis. Sometimes partnering companys blame each other. Maybe you are not familiar with it since before, but I have seen it many times. I do how ever highly doubt that Paynova's security would be that bad. In my ears it sounds like MA's system let in the peds prior to the payment was recieved. It even says so in the info on MA's site. How is THAT Paynova's glitch? :laugh:

If PayNova is in anyway party to a system that allows delivery of goods BEFORE payment is received and verified then they are fools and should go out of business very soon.

Such is a recipe for financial disaster.

Agreed, The current level of communication is woeful and would not be tolerated in other online games

If PayNova is in anyway party to a system that allows delivery of goods BEFORE payment is received and verified then they are fools and should go out of business very soon.

I strongly agree, +rep as soon as I'm able :)

- Nightwolf

The problem is that many people share the same IP. Me and my fiancee for example. Bah! we share even the same MAC addresses ocassionally. What about LAN parties? What about friend visiting me and using my computer for logging on to EU? It's not that easy matter as it seems...
:D

There are always exceptions, but if 2 or 3 accounts are logging in on one MAC or IP address with great frequency and one of those accounts becomes linked with fraud, then the other accounts that use that MAC/ IP address should be scrutinized.

Don't get me wrong, guilt by association should not be used to ban avatars. However any accounts associated with IPs and MACs of avatars that are known to have participated in illegal activities should be looked at as possible conspirators and investigated.

It would not be a first for MA to lock an account and requested a verification of identity from the participant before unlocking the account.

It is NOT paynovas system which delivers the PEDs to your avatars card, that is MA's system. Paynova deliver cash to MindArks account. Anyhow, I wrote Paynova this afternoon asking about where the issue is. I'd been a paynova user since early 2004 with an extensive deposit history, and if it proves to be an issue in paynovas system I will no longer use that service. When I get a solid written answer I will let you know.

Hummmm

I very glad that MA posted something...

I'm not very happy with what they posted...NOW, if i'm wrong, it seemed to say that it was the fault of the other guy...PayNova..?

Sorry, seems that both sides need to be sure if real money is moved from point A to point B...

But, I guess that is just me....

I still check the bankbook and I trust and love my wife...but if someone drops a zero...then a zero is dropped...

It's called....simple common sense....

Don't want to go to what 'common sense' is to me....not at all, in that it seems to be very 'un-common' for the most part...(notice I did not say MA or anyone else...I just said common sense is very 'un-common',

Just my 2 peds...

DS.........:wtg:

Status
Back