Account Lockdown Information

Status
Hmm, how much peds are we talking about and how many avatars have had the chans to use the expliot?

Rapido

Theres been a similar exploit with paynova before that I reported (and received an Angel harness for my trouble ;P).

I suspect that the glitch had to do with verification urls. When a payment is made the payment provider redirects back to an url at the shop depending on result. Theres usually one url for success, one for failure (no funds etc.) and one for cancellation from the customer. Maybe the cancel url was set to same as success.

Last edited:
i heard that upto six avatars and over 1.5 million peds were involved!

From my time working IN Fraud/Transactions and Authorisations for Capital One, i would expect paynova ot be liable and MA to have chargeback rights on them for the loss if it is indeed a Paynova bug.

Normal process fo chargeback is:

Bank/Card/Cash source pays the merchant based on th trasnaction info given... if transactions dodgy, the Bank/Card/Cash source has chargeback rights on the merchant.

Its technically upto the merchant company to confirm the details are correct as the payments made ona semi "as faith" basis that the info's correct.

But if its a software bug by Paynova then technically the chargebacks reversed dpeending on license agreement and paynova should pay MA for any lossess

+Rep for MA tho on swift and decisive action.

Would be nice to have names tho.... surely someones noticed a missing socmate :D

So, question to you then... If MA was paid their money from an account that Paynova messed up on, isn't it up to paynova to go after anyone that abused their service and not MA???

My real question.. if so, then how are accounts locked as the EULA wasn't broken as payment was made to MA???????

Curious huh????

i heard that upto six avatars and over 1.5 million peds were involved!

1.5 million peds :scratch2: but going from your rep rating I am not going to base to much trust in that rumour :silly2:

I sure hope not that much money was involved because those peds have to be insanely hard to track down! Good job though MA on thus far locking first and discovering the culprits. I hope they get what is coming to them.

So, question to you then... If MA was paid their money from an account that Paynova messed up on, isn't it up to paynova to go after anyone that abused their service and not MA???

My real question.. if so, then how are accounts locked as the EULA wasn't broken as payment was made to MA???????

Curious huh????

Well then Paynova will investigate the parties who participated in fraud.
Here are some sentences from the EULA i think covers what you suggest:

MindArk registers Participants Self-Registered Personal Data ... for the necessity of transferring funds between MindArk and the Participant, and for the purposes of identity verification, detection and counteraction of fraud and Agreement violations

MindArk reserves the right, pursuant to the conditions set forth in Section 17, to terminate your Account and this Agreement without notice, at MindArk's sole discretion, if you fail to comply with the terms of this Agreement.

In the event that your Account is locked or terminated, no refund will be granted. Any delinquent or unresolved issues relating to former participation must be resolved before MindArk will permit you to have a new Account.

You acknowledge that any exchange carried out using any Non-Approved transaction procedure is at your own risk. MindArk reserves the right to take any necessary measures for the purpose of preventing and acting against frauds and Non-Approved Transactions, including, but not limited to, making a reservation against a suspected Transaction, and terminating a directly or indirectly involved Account, if MindArk judges that the Transaction was not performed in compliance to this Agreement.

m. You must report errors and bugs to MindArk whenever you discover them. Neglecting to report errors or bugs, or using bugs, slow connection, Internet latency, or 'exploits' for own benefits may result in a termination of your Account, including its Virtual Items, funds, and abilities.

18. Breach of the Agreement
Without limiting MindArk's legal remedies, if you violate any part of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, your Account may be terminated, locked, or warned in the form of a temporary lockdown. Any action taken against your Account due to a violation is the decision of MindArk and is final. Any claims, Virtual Items, funds, etc, located on a locked avatar Account will be forfeited and any fund transactions pending will be revoked. Upon verification of your identity, MindArk may, at MindArk's sole discretion, reactivate your Account.

"documents it incorporates" refers (but is not limited) to local and international law. Fraud is usually against the law.

I'd like to know how reliable your source is too :)

i know one of the avatars involved, and he informed me of the "glitch" but fortunately i never use paynova or i would have been soooooo banned. but as this is a matter of fraud i have been asked by the parties involved not to release any details.

Well then Paynova will investigate the parties who participated in fraud.
Here are some sentences from the EULA i think covers what you suggest:

"documents it incorporates" refers (but is not limited) to local and international law. Fraud is usually against the law.

Ty for taking the time to look that up. Was just curious since it seems it was PayNova who was frauded and not MA although I could be all wet on that. Good that MA did overall what they did. Don't have any problem with that :)

+ rep for you effort :)

I sure hope not that much money was involved because those peds have to be insanely hard to track down! Good job though MA on thus far locking first and discovering the culprits. I hope they get what is coming to them.

I think the opposite, the transactions were over a short time and done by idiots who thought that a huge amount like that would pass unseen...they seem to have the main failing of criminals who get caught easily,greed.

I'm more worried about anyone who dealt with these fools outside of auction (or maybe in the auction system)...and how they now stand as far as the "transactions being final" even in a fraud related deal? For example, someone innocently selling a Mod FAP to a hooky avatar has the illegally obtained peds right now...do they get to keep them, do MA reverse the transaction, what if anything happens? That could get complicated if the PEDs were used already and involved others I think?

I hope only the guilty suffer when all the dust settles.

If there were a small group and we all would like to know who....doesn't it seem likely to be a small soc that's "former" about now? Soc mates share info most after all don't they? You wouldn't trust a complete stranger with this info would you?

t

i know one of the avatars involved, and he informed me of the "glitch" but fortunately i never use paynova or i would have been soooooo banned. but as this is a matter of fraud i have been asked by the parties involved not to release any details.

yet you then go and say its 1.5million ped involved :laugh:

not that i believe that, many due to the fact there was good stuff left in the auction, 1.5 million spending spree would have cleared it out.

Reactions: Pip
ah 1.5 million "illegal" peds got in to the system buy only so much can be spent before getting busted. thats how MA clocked on what was happening because smaller amounts would go un-noticed you know yourself how big some "normal" players deposit i have even made large deposits of up to $2000 i one day but then no more for a few months.

no names is what i was reffering to!

yet you then go and say its 1.5million ped involved :laugh:

not that i believe that, many due to the fact there was good stuff left in the auction, 1.5 million spending spree would have cleared it out.

yea i dont think that anyone can spend that much in a short time unless he emptied all the malls :laugh:

yea i dont think that anyone can spend that much in a short time unless he emptied all the malls :laugh:

Is it really so hard right now in eu ? I would just go to the selling and price check thread and make offers that ppl just cant refuse and the money would go like on a bad 1000ped crafting oa101run :laugh:

ah 1.5 million "illegal" peds got in to the system buy only so much can be spent before getting busted. thats how MA clocked on what was happening

er, no, MA probably clocked onto it when an automatic internal audit by either them or Paynova flagged up a problem. someone posted about contact from MA for having a few ped too many in their account, so they can obviously spot any discrepincy quickly.

Curious huh????

you'll probably find that in the paynove-MA contract there will eba clause to the effects if a exploitable hole in the paynova system is discovered that MA will contirbute to the acorrection and reversal of any ill gotten funds.

Also whats to say the error wasnt between MA+Paynova systems and not purely on paynovas side... which case they joint liable.

Otherwise whats to stop MA saying "look u get free ped via paynova... all abuse it so theres thousands more $$$ in EU" lol

Account were locked as frauds fraud.... no matter how tis done.. and MA cant legally keep fraudulent funds.

It is NOT paynovas system which delivers the PEDs to your avatars card, that is MA's system. Paynova deliver cash to MindArks account. Anyhow, I wrote Paynova this afternoon asking about where the issue is. I'd been a paynova user since early 2004 with an extensive deposit history, and if it proves to be an issue in paynovas system I will no longer use that service. When I get a solid written answer I will let you know.

Paynova has replyed:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...erify-security-flaw-their-payment-system.html

hi all... i've never hoped to post in this thread, but something's wrong:
my account and my wife's account have been locked today after this short update (and ofc i've send a support case in one of these 2 cases making ref to the other one as well). can anyone tell me what's happening latley? I mean besides the "fake cards" issues, there's something else going on.

I´m locked too..:eek:
No reason....
Hm... if these problem continius maby its
time to withraw...... and leave...:mad:

HaHa,
Mind ark, I have never made a deposit, please look at your records a bit closer, I have been locked out again for what reason, oh yeah I have never deposited so therefore I can not be guilty of any illegal peds.

now if someone bought things from me off the auction with illegal ped, this is hardly my fault.

Good answer, I want to be unlocked!!!!!!!!!!!!

I´m locked too..:eek:
No reason....
Hm... if these problem continius maby its
time to withraw...... and leave...:mad:

maybe this is the right time to do just that. :mad:

Status
Back