About eco shown in entropedia.info...

Raynaldp

Provider
Society
Ido's Beauty Parlor
Raynaldo Scott Garcia
Hi, I've been browsing weapons on entropiawiki.com and I saw something that baffled me... according to the data, nerve blast chips are more eco than guns?? :confused: Is the markup of ME not calculated in the eco? Please someone share what he knows about it :)

The markup is NOT calculated, no...

And not the decay on the implanter either I think? (the implanter, not the chip)

You got it, Entropedia lists Mindforce eco with no markup.
In reality ME goes for around 200% (.5 - .6 for sweat, 140% for nexus)
so the actual eco is cut in half. You can adjust Entropedia to allow for markup and when you do you will see that nerve blast is NOT more eco than guns.
Ofc if u get your own sweat.. u might come close :D

Ofc if u get your own sweat.. u might come close :D

No because if you use your own sweat, you're still using it. You could sell it for a markup, so by using it you are effectively buying it for the current market value.

The markup is NOT calculated, no...

And not the decay on the implanter either I think? (the implanter, not the chip)

There is a tick about the "neopsion" decay of 1 pec, is that it? ME markup is a problem though...

You need to take all eco calculations with a huge grain of salt. By default they always assume you buy the items at 100% markup and that you have 10HA on it.

No because if you use your own sweat, you're still using it. You could sell it for a markup, so by using it you are effectively buying it for the current market value.

Um have u tried to sell sweat for a good markup lately?
It can take way too long to even sell your sweat nowadays

Ofcourse not.. you are effectively working in EU. not buying. It's the same as doing the dishes after having a free meal.

Ofcourse not.. you are effectively working in EU. not buying. It's the same as doing the dishes after having a free meal.

I think there are 2 schools of thought on this, I subscribe to the correct one ;).

If you loot a Korss H400 that sells for 150%, and use it yourself, you are not getting the gun for TT because you looted it. When you loot it, you have the option to use it or sell it, if you sold it for 150%, you have made a 50% profit, but if you use it, you are accepting that the market value is 150%, and that you would still like to use it, thus, you are effectively paying that 50%, because you are not obtaining that 50% by selling it.

Hence, if you were to loot an LR65, which has a markup of what? 250% or so?

Would you use if for hunting? Probably not, because the markup is very high due to its PK use, hence you would probably sell it, because the eco at 250% is way too low for hunting.

Same applies for sweat, you could sell it for .5 or whatever, and if you use it, you are accepting that the current price is .5, and that you do not want that .5 from a seller, you will instead opt to save yourself .5 by not buying it, and using your own stash.

I think there are 2 schools of thought on this, I subscribe to the correct one ;).

If you loot a Korss H400 that sells for 150%, and use it yourself, you are not getting the gun for TT because you looted it. When you loot it, you have the option to use it or sell it, if you sold it for 150%, you have made a 50% profit, but if you use it, you are accepting that the market value is 150%, and that you would still like to use it, thus, you are effectively paying that 50%, because you are not obtaining that 50% by selling it.

{snip}

I agree.
If you loot an item tt=100 value 150%, and use it all up after looting it, you are still 150 peds down, as if you sold it you would have had 150 peds, and after you have broken it you don't have the 150 peds.
The eco of the weapon is not effected by how you came by it.

I think the other school of thought on this is that the eco is affected by how you obtain it. Markup on an item that you need or want to use is a moot point, r u gonna sell it only to buy it back again? As Spawn said, it the price of doing business in EU, Now the other way to look at it is if you acquire the weapon or sweat ( in the nerve blast example) on a profitable run meaning you dont have to sell it to break even on costs then its all :wtg: at this point yes it does effect your eco because you already have the thing weapon you need or want and now dont have to pay markup on. And in the case of sweating, although painfully slow, done naked it is always a profit so... you can improve on the eco of the nerve blast a bit. Plus what about fluctuating prices of markup?

Back