Info: PayNova verify security flaw in their payment system

e-lite

Society
Magnum Opus
Xaero e-lite Cynque
Morning ya’ll. This post is related to the thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindark-news/114128-account-lockdown-information.html

Speculations where if the flaw was in MindArks system or in Paynovas system. I wrote paynova an email which I paste below. Original conversation was in Swedish, but I have translated it.

xxxxxxx@starbase.se said:
Hello!
My name is xxxxxxx and I am a user of paynova since 2004. My account name is xxxxxxx@starbase.se As you can see in my wallet history I have mostly been using paynova wallet to exchange and transfer money into the online game Entropia Universe by Mindark PE AB. It was today published news on the developers web site regarding a flaw in paynovas system which enables purchase of Entropia Dollars without any money being subtracted from the paynova wallet. The article can be found here: http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/5078.html

From the article you can read that the game developer suggests that the flaw is in paynovas system and not in theirs. Since I have been a user of paynova for a long time I can’t help to get a bit worried, and like to verify with you if the flaw really is in paynovas system. I’d like to know this to be able to decide if I want to continue using paynova, or if I am going to choose another payment method. In short, is the flaw at paynovas end or in mindarks end?

Best regards, xxxxxxx

The reply took a while, but paynova answers and verifies that the flaw was indeed in their system:

support@paynova.se said:
Hello xxxxxxx!
We apologize for the late reply!
The flaw that occurred between Mindark and Paynova last week was indeed located in paynovas system. It resulted in that users could buy Entropia Dollars without money being subtracted from the paynova wallet. The problem did not affect paynova users bank accounts but rather paynovas account balance. The users that did intentionally exploit this flaw has been blocked by mindark. We understand your concern and you are always welcome to contact us with your questions about security.

Kind regards
Kundsupport,Paynova AB
Telefon: +46 (0) 8 50602222
Fax:+46 (0) 8 51710010

Paynova AB
Box 23059
SE-104 35 Stockholm

Paynova also a bit later verify per telephone that the flaw was fixed!

Even though it worries me a bit, I think both mindark and paynova handeled the issue very well.

Glad to hear it was paynova fault.

Thnx for the info

Indeed they did it quite well.
I like their reply, atleast they openly admitted that it was their fault (unlike some other companies ;-) )

TY for sharing the info :) +rep

I like Paynova as an option, I hope these small few that exploited the flaw, dont ruin for all of us, what is a reasonable option.

Bah to the Scammers, hope the are before the court on fraud charges by now!

Thank you for information :)
Nice to know some of the background info about this issue.

I was curious about this too, so thanks for the info!

While I may not be a paynova user, this is very nice to see.

+rep for sharing this info.

great investigation im sure we were all dying to know if MA screwed up again :D lol lol lol

+Rep

Good thing they take the time to reply to u and admot it was in their system.

+rep for sharing

That's a nice professional way for a company to deal with mistakes made, so much better than wall of silence.

I think I will still go for paynova anyway. They worked fine for me for almost 5 years, and they sure have a professional attitude about things.

Back