EU Magazines & Newspapers

besides the paper is targeted for SL and even if they post a article or two about entropia i dont think it fits in the list ...

What do you guys think?

yes yes i hate SL i admit it

I don't think it fits the list either. The last 2 months they only published perhaps 3 articles about EU in their actual mag..?

so I vote no for the Avastar being an EU magazine

Should this be stickified ? what do you guys think ?

and yes please send me links to the missing files :D

Should this be stickified ? what do you guys think ?

Sticky for sure! People tend to forget there's EU mags around, sticky this thread and it will give EU mags an instant impulse :),

Question for all here... will anyone that does Reporting for any of the EU newspapers listed be able to attend the RL Discover EU event that we are hosting in Northern California??

I would love to have some cross-advertizing for the newspaper and for the event. :yay:

thx,
darri

Everyone ask your friends if they have a copy of the missing magazines on their computers ? maybe we can find a hosting place for them :)

It would be a shame to have them lost and forgotten

I can provide both issues Entropia Exposed and about 4 of inside entropia. Sure I have some TCI somewhere too but will have to have a hunt.

Wistrel

PS no one remembered the other magazine I mentioned? Hint it begins with "the"

...same question as mine above....

Would love to have a reporter from TCP attend my August 7th event to get the scoop. :D

I can advertise the TCP on EntropiaOutfitters.com too.
darri
:wtg:

Nice collection in this thread Ido, I have made it sticky +rep

How about The Entropian? I know there was only ever one issue released, but still. :confused:

I have also provided Ido with an FTP folder here on EF, so that all the files can be stored in one place.

Of course, he must get permission from the creators of the various magazines before offering a mirror copy here on EF.

How about The Entropian? I know there was only ever one issue released, but still. :confused:

The Entropian has never been released in digital version therefore ir does not make the link list :)

Nice collection in this thread Ido, I have made it sticky +rep

I have also provided Ido with an FTP folder here on EF, so that all the files can be stored in one place.

Of course, he must get permission from the creators of the various magazines before offering a mirror copy here on EF.

Thank you very much 711 !!!

So if anyone has some mags on their hard drive please contact me so we can try to arange them being put up... also if you know any owners of the magazines listed on the fron page please ask them to post in this thread or contact me about mirroring their magazines !! :)

Well would be good to cover that event but alas I'm in England.

I suspect we wouldn't want TCP hosted here as its very much an euforces project and if nothing else we like to be able to compile our own stats on downloads. Not my call though but suspect thats probably what the top brass will say.

Hopefully any that have ceased to host their own won't mind though.

Oh yeh the Entropian, well we arn't supposed to reproduce that but it should be mentioned perhapse with a footnote that some players may sell their copies. The missing one I was thinking of though is "T.. G..... I...." ;)

Wistrel

i have received 2 issues of Entropia Exposed by e-mail from Wistrel... big thanx:yay::yay:

Now we just have to find the chief editor signed as "The Dude" and ask him for permision to mirror the pdf files ...

Does anyone know the identity or whereabouts of this person please contact me ... note the editor@entropiaexposed.com wont prolly work coz entropiaexposed.com no longer holds the magazines website and seems abbandoned ...

I called the domain owner Robert Tanner on his US mobile to ask for permision to duplicate the pdf on EF (got his number from whois.net) ... unluckily i reached his anwsering machine so i left him a message pointing to this thread and also with my phone number so i hope he can get back to me :)

Not sure if he is the magazine owner but i hope its the Chief Editor himself :)

Stay posted for further development...

Ido

If you are interessted in issues of 'The Calypso Independence' I can send them to you via e-mail.

Great news!! i have been able to reach the chief editor of Entropia Exposed.

After leaving him a message on his anwsering machine he replied today with an PM on EF giving me his permission to mirror the files on this server !! now i will upload and update the front page with the new link :)

Ido

Well would be good to cover that event but alas I'm in England.

I suspect we wouldn't want TCP hosted here as its very much an euforces project and if nothing else we like to be able to compile our own stats on downloads. Not my call though but suspect thats probably what the top brass will say.

Hopefully any that have ceased to host their own won't mind though.

Oh yeh the Entropian, well we arn't supposed to reproduce that but it should be mentioned perhapse with a footnote that some players may sell their copies. The missing one I was thinking of though is "T.. G..... I...." ;)

Wistrel

Its ok for TCP to be hosted elsewhere s long as its available :D

regarding your clue ...

"T.. G..... I...." can i buy the letter H and the letter E ?

Its ok for TCP to be hosted elsewhere s long as its available :D

regarding your clue ...

"T.. G..... I...." can i buy the letter H and the letter E ?

ok 10 efd each ;)

that gets you

"THE G...E. I...T" :D

Oh btw sorry haha you should have just asked if you wanted to contact "The Dudes" (I believe they said they are many) I have contact details for one of them at least. :silly2:

Oh will send you some Inside Entropia now.

edit: sent

Last edited:
If you are interessted in issues of 'The Calypso Independence' I can send them to you via e-mail.

Scatha has sent me the TCI magazines via e-mail and gave me the permision to host them on EF :)

They are now added on the front page, Enjoy!

One that I haven't seen mentioned yet was called the "E.B.N. E-zine".
It ran from June 2004 to September 2004, more or less, and had 10 issues during that time.

Unfortunately it was entirely web-based, and the domain (ebnstudios dot net) has long expired.

I found a web-cache, but I'm not allowed to post url's, apparently, until I made 5 posts. But if you look for ebnstudios dot net on web dot archive dot org, you should find something. (Sorry about that. :) I'll edit with a url once I have 5 posts.)
Unfortunately only Volume 1 has a cache version left. Some of the pictures are missing, but at least it's something.

Perhaps someone knows other web-cache sites which still have some of the other issues? I wouldn't mind having a look at them again.

Edit: I should be able to add the url now:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040918144429/www.ebnstudios.net/ezine/index.htm

Last edited:
Thanks Zwaff for already linking ^_^

Ubermag issue 3 link

http://www.ubermag.eu/Archive/Ubermag3-2007.pdf

I have put a small u in the URL but it should be a big one, :)

I'm to lazy to change that one, but you can change in the innitial post.

BTW, great thread.

Code:
http://www.ubermag.eu/Archive/[B]U[/B]bermag3-2007.pdf

@Bugg not sure if the website fits in to the main list but i'll look into it (a lot of the sublinks are no longer hosted)

@Zwaff Great Link !! thanks for sharing :) added to the list...

@Nirfu Thank you for sharing the working link to issue 3 :)

Great work everyone :) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

oh yeah Ido, I just noticed on the end of the pdf file of Entropia Insider it says copyright 2003. So perhaps you could add the year to the link of issue 1 of Entropia Insider. ;)

That also makes Entropia Insider the first PE/EU fan magazine. I wonder if the ever made more issues....

Whoppa found some more magazine's I suppose, was just editing the Entropia Insider link from RCE and found out about

Although "The Golden Ingots" states to be a monthly newsletter, it looks like an simple magazine, so I guess this one counts too.

The Golden Ingots

Found more of ....

Entropia Insider

Whoppa found some more magazine's I suppose, was just editing the Entropia Insider link from RCE and found out about

Amazing finds Zwaff !!! :yay:

the list is growing into a serious collection now :)

Nice ide

Very good ide Ido:wtg:
+Rep

Back