The kindest thing anyone has done for you

RedThothCrowley

Prowler
Society
Obsidian
Red Thoth Crowley
It's a simple question. The answers will hopefully give all players new and old a nice feeling.

What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you in EU.

I'll list a few myself, as I am fairly new and all kind things seem to weigh about the same on the scale.

Dalas gave me a set of clothes my first week in game....thanks again man

Murphy Rake Law, a member of my soc has let me borrow scopes, lasers and amps for weeks at a time. Being that he didn't know me at all the first time he did this, I'd say it's a terribly kind and trusting act.

Many random people have helped me get tp's without being asked...and thanks to all of them.

So, let the replies start here. What's your story of kindness received?

LedEye giving me 100 ped to buy tp chip and ammo and stuff when i returned into the game.

Axel Beachmountain for lending me his Camo Urban for 2 weeks without knowing me IRL.

Habanero for lending me his DOA LM

Mindstar9 for giving me 50 ped just to help out when i was freshly returned into game and on for a WOF event.

Have probably forgotten some kind souls , may they forgive me.

// ermik

Excellent stories of kindness ermik. Keep them coming folks!

Hmm... well, haven't exactlye been around that long but I think of the few I've experienced even in such a short time the one that stands out happened as a result of one of my frustration episodes.

I get them fairly regularly I suppose and maybe being new they happen more often as you're exploring different avenues hoping to find a niche for yourself and working out how to I suppose basically just survive. That's probably the best way to put it.

Anyway, it was one of those times, and I had been speaking with this individual about a few things and hitting the brick walls as I'm sure everyone has experienced and about ten minutes later I find myself added to a pilot's friends list with the message 'Take a break, I'll take care of stuff here' and the fare to CND there and back in my PED card.

A great gesture and one I appreciated enormously, just gave me a couple of hours to check the place out and look around before flying back, but was a terrific thing to do.

I was a brand new OJ/Goblin Shins running about. Had collected a few other New guys and had spent the last 3 hours trying to TP run from Zeus to Caravan to Minopolis. I already had it and was full of bravado (Follow me, I know the way!!!)

Damn Neconou.

The rag tag bunch finally limped or revived into Minopolis, and a well dressed chap asked if I had been doing a tp run. I said Yes and this chap gave me 2 peds for my efforts!!! This to me at the time was a fortune. 200 ammos worth!!! I was so chuft :)

This chap was Zap.

Kinda cemented in my mind the fact that there are a LOT of kind people in here. Have had many an adventure in my time here, and met a lot of really great folks. Cant list all the kind stuff.

But it started with a random guy giving me 2 peds :)

After I graduated and was off on my own my old mentor sorin florin godzilla randomly saw me running around and gave me a just because type gift. The gesture meant alot to me. Seemed he cared about me after we hadn't talked much. He to this day randomly pops up somewhere I am at and says hello to me. Makes me feel like I was more than a free gift from mind arc and more of a friend to him. Thanks Sorin if you read this.

Many random people have helped me get tp's without being asked...and thanks to all of them.

I rememberd when I 1st played long ago, hadnt joined/read/found the forums, but downloaded EU and played straight away;

I was stood at a tp and had no idea how to work it (lol) anyway, some ava came running up, so I said "excuse me, can I ask you a question?"

Their answer was "sorry, have to go" Then they jumped into the tp, and left me alone standing there.

I rarely meet new player's, but if I did, I would at least try to answer their questions (even if to just point them to EF)

However, there are alot of kind people in game, that continue to be my good friends, and people that have left.
Though hard to list the people, for fear of missing someone out :)

I had the same fear of missing someone dj. That's why I listed no names on tp runs. Fairly sure I remeember every name, but don't want to tempt fate. hehe

Keep the stories coming!

1.i got some hides and stuff 2-5ped from one guy when i was runing in woods
2.then got jester D1 from Elmar + more small stuff and lent me some weapons and rascal ( then it was tt+50-100 a lot of money for a nuub who didnt depo )
3. Soc m8 lent me his as129
4. I lent my ml35 to henri and he gave it back :eek:
5. Some more soc m8 who helped me and will help now too when i ask :silly2: ( not 100% but i hope they will :laugh: )

But again one ff scammed me was a soc m8 and i trusted him stupid mistake :laugh:
Joined The 8 just for fun but this soc was like a big scam but lucky me i left ( was kicked out ) :silly2:
One guy wanted to give me some free skills when i give him a GSI :laugh: ( at least he didnt want to upgrade my armor :silly2: )

Reactions: dj.
Can't hardly remember all names that were kind to me.
In the beginning all of the regular helpers at swamp camp, still remember the trivia games they played and I made my first two PED that way :D
Special thanks to "Mom" for almost always being there for the heals :D
My mentor, for at least answering the first questions I had (did not ask him almost anything after I found this forum and entropedia).

Special thanks for "Little Big Boss" Vinnie for being the best and supportive General I could whish to have and without whom I would still be a freelancer caught at that Outpost between Atlas North and Fort Argus having those Atrox chew on my bones.
After that all from our socs, especially "Big Boss" Lucky Seven for the sponsored trip to CP and a couple of times rescuing me from some LAs I was stranded on .
Like most others, I feel the kindest people are in ones soc :D

The kindest .. would have to be my Pyrate pals for putting up with those days when I don't want to be an Entropian :ahh:

There was an old-time healer from Camp Phoenix, by the name of Sophie - who would heal for hours while nubs sweat Armax and Atrox from the north :yay:

Chaz was always there to make me smile and run a mob train when activities were at a minimum.

Everyone at Entropia Forum - there's always a thread that makes me smile.

Nice thread !! :wtg:

One day a few years back I was running along, feeling pretty blue as I had just lost all to a armour upgrade scammer (how stupid was I, lost Ghost, expensive then, set of 5B, ARR8000, Kat Pride) and bumped into the soc General at the time of The Chosen Few, MM.

He and I started chatting and before long he invited me to join the soc as a way of cheering up. May not sound like much but I had always been a freelancer. Now I would never go back. The camraderie and joy that come from beloning to a group of like minded supportive adults in this game is great! Since that time I have continued to try and give advice and support to new players and have run a lot of TPs from swamp camp with one or a group in tow. Over this year I have been giving disciples who graduate a set of armour (either Rascal or Ghost) when they graduate - not that there has been many, and these guys and gals have given to me a great feeling of achievement, so thanks to them! :cool:

I would like the old equal loot split brought back for teams as I used this a lot on TP runs, was a great way to get some peds into the pockets of a TP team with no fuss with me doing all the hitting.

There are many great people out there who have helped me and others out, but just a few rotten ones that will scam what they can, just as in real life, most people are kind.

From my first weeks I had two events that realy gave me a good feeling about EU.

The first one was an avatar called "Helio" who helped me get my first TPs. Dont think I have seen you after that Helios, but I truly apreciate you help last august.

The next event was how I was introduced to my first soc in EU.
Zelda was the name of the avatar that introduced me to the soc. It was not so much that she got me into a fun soc, but mainly the way he did it on.
She started a competition for a few OJs setting the first price to be a new set of clothes. Think we were 5 that joined the competition. The goal was to within a week get to a sertain skill goal hunting, and also to create a soc (with some funky name) and get it aproved by MA, as in getting 4 other members to join. I had an amazing week running around hunting and chatting to people everywhere trying to get new friends and to make them join my verry own soc. I did not manage to get my own soc up and running, but I still won the competition and she then invited me to her soc "Into The Out Off".

Neither of these events realy was about peds oranything like that, but the helping and fun feeling i got about EU and the people enjoying EU started right there and has never left me since.

Big thanx to both of you Helios and Zelda

my short story:

letting me join society, ppl like me should be closed in room without window and internet and tv and everything, You know why.

Thats all:yay:

Oooh my favourite part

Firstly, one of the things i love most about EU is how often i stumble into generous and helpful people.

There are FAR to many to name here.. but just a couple that stand out..

After making it to neas i was there sweating away.. slowly trying to buy myself some pixi.. when out of the blue pops an avatar that very generously gave me some.. now at the time i didn't know that them adding me to their friends list did not automatically mean they were on my list (nooob :-S) but i THINK his name is Lex.. Big thank you to you.. it was one of my first brightening Eu moments.

My mentor was also great with putting up with all my questions and helping me out by buying my sweat at much higher prices than he needed too.. thanks Mr Tiddles :)

More recently, Goldie and Travis the hunter/crafter super skilling couple extraordinaires.. as always, hugely generous and helpful people. Thank you :) (keep those hofs coming!)

Lastly it has to be my soc in general.. have a few absolute gems amongst them but not going to name names or ill leave someone out and be in big trouble :rolleyes:
But for tt prices on things you could have sold for mark up.. letting a relative nooblet constantly gatecrash your global spamming hunts.. for the fashion ... always helping out with my million and one questions... and much much more.. thank you .. for all the great aussies a special rendition of the *beacon dance, woo!* :yay: for you :D

(hmm that turned out sounding strangely like an acceptance speach.. ah well ... lots of loot love for you all! :D

Aly

When I was still pretty new to EU and had just have my Ghost set a few weeks. I borrowed it to a friend and I never saw it again.... but everyone in my soc Honest Entropians bought a new set for me that made me so happy :) I really smiled.

My ex Mentor 18db have given me many thing :) and lend many stuff to me
Haddock has given me mining gear and some nice presents on my birthday
Spirou have given me a lot of nice presents :)
Zad has always been kind and given me thing from now and then :D
Pink Pussycat gave me 50ped when I was broke on cnd :) on a pink saturday

thanks to all of u :) ur a gang of nice ppl

hum... did I forgot some1 plz remind me if I did :D

ive posted it before but its still the greatest thing anyone did for me....

it was my third day (over 2 years ago) ... my mentor told me to try and make it to nymph only thing is he gave me the coords for nymph backward so i ended up north of PVP1 all alone no gun no armor just some sweat and a lot of troxies. suddenly a green dot showed up on my radar and i thought oh noes! not back to that damnd outpost again when this guy kills me. indsteed of shooting me the uber (at least to a 3 day nub) buck bonzi saved me slashing troxies with a huge sword (prolly a Katsuichi of some sort) and eventually got me safely back to orthos mound and told me that nymph was on the other end of eudoria ....

to this day i dont blame my mentor for a rough start but applaud him for letting me see the real that is the EU wild life.

so to J4ck and Buck Bonzi thanks for keeping me in EU and showing me what EU is.

I've been in Entropia for a long time and even though people whine and so on but the spirit in Entropia is positive, aleast around me. This spirit has been important for me and all of my friends seem to have this in common, they are all interesting persons and they share of what they have and help out when a friend is in need :D.

It was my second time at the rig (Nadie made a wormhole) and Septimus The Collector seen I was noob and gave me an X1, Dante amp and a scope :)

Also my mentor Eron has answered every question Iv had and helped me learn the game. He helped me to graduation and rewarded me along the way. Thanks Eron ! :)

I knew there would be some great stories out there. Anyone want to add one?

The kindness people have shown me is through trust with gear (clothes, weapons to test like p5) before even really knowing me that well, people who kept mobs alive on cp even though they weren't <50% and they let mobs chew their armor instead - totally unexpected sometimes. And there are random occurrences while hunting cp especially during 9.1 9.2. 9.3 domes much more crowded now and mob AI is not so predictable, saving mobs is not an issue, and of course cK shadows interviewing a 60 agility 90k skill 3.7HA noob didn't know what they were getting themselves into :)

There was this guy in my society when I was in Honest Entropians....When I was broke and fairly new he gave me 100 ped, which lasted AGES hunting with an opalo :D

And then more recently there's Angelo Ang Frazzini, he's just kind across the board. We're always talking, and he's frequently healing sweaters at swamp camp. He's also loaned me an unlimited Riker UL2, which makes for some decent profit hunting :)

I guess I can throw mine in, seeing as countless people have helped me.

I have been around EU for a long time now, but still am pretty big noob.

Many people have helped me out over my whole time in EU, mostly people from my soc, Antipodean Army (You guys are awesome)
Smarmy and Alex have put up with me on countless beacon missions, got me addicted to the things. :yay:
I'll never forget when Mac let me borrow his full plated ghost, his big (to me) Fusil and attachments, so I could participate in WoF for one weekend.
Or how Serica has bailed me out of tough situations time and time again.
Or when Dan gave me a new FAP-28, after I TTd mine.
Many others too, just none I can think of atm.
All of the ants put up with my nooby whining in soc chat, as well as answering every question I have and more. Not to mention babysitting me on hog runs, or other mobs I can never dream of taking solo.

Lots of other people outside of soc too, of course.
Code colored my clothes green for next to nothing.
Way back when, Grrrrr gave me a TP chip and some ME. He probably doesnt even remember who I am, but it was a big deal to me back then.

Big thanks to the whole EU community, I would have left long ago if you weren't here to help me through the hard times. :D You guys are definatly what separates EU from any other game, or "Virtual Universe".

There are so many little things that make all the difference and are usually what count in the long run.

I guess when it comes to kindness it would have to be the treatment I have received from my fellow soc members.
From Junior Recruit up to Society leader I have had no seriously bad experiences with any of them.
They have weathered my impatience, bad moods and smartass comments with patience, good grace and humour (well most of the time :D )

To the OP, nice thread and nice idea to get peeps thinking about this.

To all the Antipodean Army, thanks :)

Last edited:
Let's not forget the priceless occasion when Smarmy found the Marber you dropped, Omega :laugh:

The borrowed marber.... ;)

Actually, Smarmy was also the person to give me my first piece of armor - which I still have. The thighs for my Goblin set (sans feet) which I keep displayed on my apt wall, as a reminder. Had a lot of fun times in that Goblin armor.

To Jod, Caiman, Tao, and Graf, who were always there to listen when I needed to talk. To Grrrrr who was a good friend at a time when I needed one. :grouphug:

To all the soc Leader/Advisors who all help keep the soc running so smoothly.

To all the soc members, who help make EU such a fun place - and who never make me feel like a complete noob, even tho most of them have outskilled me ;)

But especially to Mulga and Jod for their trust and encouragement, even when I'm feeling down about things.

4 incidents leap to mind:

Hurrikane - Mentoring me, showing me All the ropes, and lending me stuff when I had nuffin... Couldn't have asked for a better Mentor..

Jeniel Zapnugood - Coming Miles out of her way to an outpost surrounded by Bery Stalkers and Prowlers after I'd been stuck there for a day,(when I was still very small..) and getting me out..

Soberian Sian Bekari - For lending me the Foxtrot M.E, which I still use.. (It's still safe, man. Markup now is around +2900)

and Muksy - Agreed to come hunting Hogglo with me, took the amp off his MM so the loot would be fairer, and then chucked me a MF Chip that he looted fairly at the end...

Countless other incediences should not go un-mentioned, especially when we read so much about scammers and rip-offs... Nice to read so many tales of Kindness...

A few days after I started i was mining on Ti. Then someone from my fl got a tower. He was a very nice guy paying me way over market price for my sweat. We had not much contact besides the regular sweat trades. So I pmed him to tell him how much he deserved the tower. Then a green dot popped up on my radar and polite as I am i said hello. The response nearly made me drop out of my chair, cause it was the guy who just got his tower. So i ran up to him we took some pics from us in front of the tower and did some chit chat. After a few min he had to go, but before he left he dropped all his remaining bombs and probes on the ground. Wishing me the same luck with them as he had. :)
Well i hadn't as much luck as he had, but the bombs lsasted for quite a fwe mining runs ;)

So thank you very much for the bombs:
Chronos Sig Bärlund (have to look up the correct spelling)

Too bad he left game :(

I know I posted already, but I wanted to add this. Several of my soc mates trust and help over the past few months. Being able to test out items and not wasting my peds has been helpful. Also being aloud to look good in clothing that is loaned to me is pretty darn nice as well :)

This is a good thread by the way. Good Feel good stories. +rep to the creater.

I know there are more great stories. Share them with us all!!!

kindness and friendly folks abound!! just a shame that the few with really negative attitudes tend to make it difficult.

as for one of my helpful meetings: early in my EU life .. out hunting near jason's ... and got dead, revived at that Forsaken Outpost. being newcomer, did not have enuf skills or good gear to get out solo. was stuck there for 3 truelife days ... when one sincerely blessed being opened a wormhole and let the 3 or 4 of us stuck there back to PA. i was SO impressed that i trotted along behind asking all sorts of questions about wormholes and had begun working at collecting the necessaries to be able to work them myself, so that i can help rescue others in return.

To Whomever that blessed being is, a multitude of thanks. took me 4 years, but i can cast wormholes! :yay:

a shame that entropedia pulled the skilling information from their records. :(

Back