Which is the next-gen console??

Which do you thinkis the best next=gen console??

• Total voters

Pieman93

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Matt Dobbo Dobbins
Which do you think is the besst next-gen console??
Personally my favourite is the Xbox 360 (because i own one):D

only one ive used is Wii .... i think its awsome ... im sure when price of ps3 drops i will be loving that as well :D

wii is next gen in a whole different ways to the others

own wii and ps3 (its mostly for media use lol)

I think it depends on what you are looking for. They all have their own strengths. As far as ingenuity it has to be the Wii. The PS3 is great because it is also a blu-ray player, and for a while it was by far the cheapest blu-ray player on the market. For online gaming the 360 with the xbox live service can't be beat.

PS3 is the best next gen console - no argument.... ok, i am sure there will be, but here are my reasons :D:

Firstly, The Wii is not a next gen console. Its a brillient fun little bit of kit (I own one) but a next gen console it is not.

This leaves us the 360 Vs the PS3

Reliabitly: We all know the PS3 wins this hands down. 360 has been plauged by the red ring of death since day one costing Microsoft millions and forcing them to extend all warrenties to 3 years.

Media: Without a doubt now the HD wars are over and blu-ray won, the PS3 has a massive advantage. Both can stream live media, but the ps3 has the bluray player, also an addon to act at Tivo (HD Television recorder) and interactivity with the PSP with media content. The 360 HD-DVD add on is now a brick.

Cost: The 360 costs the same if not more than a PS3 if you want it to have the same functionality as the PS3 always has. The 360 Elite was a step closer to beating the price, but then HD-DVD failed so now you need a stand alone bluray player too.

Noise: FFS have you heard the 360??? It's like a bloody aircraft taking off!

Looks: PS3 Wins - come one! looks at it - its shiney! :D

Power: PS3 wins. Big time

Now, here comes the grind. PS3 wins in every department but one. and its a biggie!

Games... lets face it, the PS3 has bugger all in the way of games. What use is a next gen console without them?

However, the question is which is the best, 360 or PS3 well, I compare it like this... the 360 is a Suberu Imprezza Turbo. Its a lovely car, like shit off a shovel, decent power and a lovely drive (if not a bit noisey!:D)
The PS3 is a Maclaren F1 - Unbelevibly fast, expensive, sleek and shiney and would kick the Suberu arse in a race. However... the Maclaren has no petrol in it. (No games... see what i did there... ;)) There is no doubt whatsoever its the better of the two cars, but what bloody use is it without petrol? Its nice to sit in, and you look cool owning one but thats it.

Hopefully sooner or later sony will get there arses in gear and put the bloody petrol in!

(analagy stolen from workmate I just spoke to - apologise if those are the wrong cars of they are spelt wrong! :D)

I personally cannot decide..I own all 3...the wii is just annoying at to much work but I personally don't count it as next-gen..I would go for 360 because it has more games, better online and I play it more, I use the Ps3 for games that make me go aww:eek: like Drakes fortune or Metal Gear Solid 4 (great game btw :p) so Overall I would say the 360

P.S Who cares about the noise? I find it relaxing :D:laugh:

xbox 360 :) cheaper and stronger it s near pc so easier for mindark to dev on it and the net services is the best ( good and secure)

the actual version got no more rrod so it s cool ;) and got a keyboard in pad

last think ( but need to check ) it seems the soc in entropia about advertising is owned my microsoft so ... )

WII is the next gen console.

The XBOX 360 and the PS3 are the same as they were as XBOX and ps2, only with better graphics and gameplay.
However the WII adds something new to console gaming, that hasnt been seen in a console before. Which makes it unique, and thus next generation. :wtg:

Back