and we are proud to present to you

Scottish Delight

It's a company we will run next to our daytime jobs
- as a spare time project/hobby, because of our big interest in Scotland
and our love for whisky.

So we figured we would combine the two,
and came up with a company that sells typical Scottish stuff,
and offers the ability for everyone interested in whisky
to get a great introduction to or an advanced course in (exclusive) whisky tasting.

We are still working on the research and a website to be able
to pull it off (no worries, domain names have been secured
(sorry, neomaven *G*)).

We could use a bit of help in a different matter, though.

We have been thinking quite a bit about what to use as a logo.
What we need is something simple and yet telling.
With the enormous creative community EF has, we thought: "why not ask them?" :)

The contest will last for 3 weeks
from today untill the 23rd of July - 12:00 MA time.

Rules:

Simple is better.

The logo should contain the words "Scottish Delight".
Should you choose to focus on the whisky aspect
and intend to use a glass or anything similar,
we would prefer you to use a GlenCairn glass.

It should be a logo that looks good
on both a hot air balloon as well as on a business card.

Not overly colorful (sorry, MS9 :D).

This is not a popularity contest, so we have the final say.

All rights of the picture belong to us after the prize has been handed over
and we are free to do with it what we want.

The final logo should be given to us as .jpeg + TIFF + Illustrator file
- and adjusted both in CMYC as pantone
(we need to be able to use it both online and on paper).

Contributors of ALL serious entries get a 500 efd token of appreciation.

We reserve the right to not use any of the offered logos
in case we deem them to not represent the personalisation of our ideas.
Of course we will offer constructive feedback and/or supply hints
as to how we feel entries could better fullfill those.
We strongly encourage you not to 'overwrite' any entries,
so we will be able to offer a better comparison.
And who knows, we might end up changing our mind
after seeing certain changes and ask for the previous entry.

If we choose a logo to use, the winner wins an
Omegaton ASG-pig (current market value: ~850 PED)
second prize wins 5000 efds
and third prize wins 2000 efds

:yay: GO BE CREATIVE :yay:

We hope to get many constructive suggestions / entries :D

Thanks in advance :ahh:

Last edited:
It should be a logo that looks good
on both a hot air balloon as well as on a business card.

[...]

The final logo should be given to us as .jpeg + TIFF + Illustrator file
- and adjusted both in CMYC as pantone
(we need to be able to use it both online and on paper).

Does this mean you want it as vector gfx?

Best of luck on your newly started business btw, hope it goes well!

I think I'll have to join this one...

Are only logos created in illustrator accepted?

GL with your venture in the Whiskey business btw ;)

Does this mean you want it as vector gfx?

Best of luck on your newly started business btw, hope it goes well!

Vector might work as well - if we can open the file ;) But we will give it a shot - we tried look into the programe ...

I think I'll have to join this one...

Are only logos created in illustrator accepted?

GL with your venture in the Whiskey business btw ;)

No, logo created in all kind of programes are accepted as long as we can get it to work afterwards :D

And thanks to you both :yay:

Not overly colorful (sorry, MS9 :D).​

Why be apologetic my dear ... you're asking for exactly what you want, and that's the way it should be. :D I wish you luck with this contest, but knowing the talent we have in our community, I'm sure there will be some great offerings, and I can't wait to see them. :wtg:

I love a bit of whisky, so I will drink to your future success later tonight with a wee dram of Laphroaig :)

Unfortunately my graphic skills are noob, so I will restrict myself to a not-very-serious entry:

071rabcnesbitt_228x284.jpg

Being a lover of all things Scottish, I'm sure you know who this guy is :)

I think I'd be better off sticking to the Trilomite competition :laugh:

Gl w/ the competition & your new company hun! :thumbup:

Vector might work as well - if we can open the file ;) But we will give it a shot - we tried look into the programe ...

My reason for asking was that, well... if you blow up say a f.ex. 50x50 px jpg/tif/gif logo on a hot air ballon it won't be pretty. While a vector img has the same img quality in 50x50 px as it would in 5000x5000 px. (I suck at explaining, but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics shows it well ;))

As for opening for example illustrator files, it can be done in photoshop but if I remember correctly an illustrator file opened in PS is rasterized upon open so you wont be able to resize it as vectors.

My reason for asking was that, well... if you blow up say a f.ex. 50x50 px jpg/tif/gif logo on a hot air ballon it won't be pretty. While a vector img has the same img quality in 50x50 px as it would in 5000x5000 px. (I suck at explaining, but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics shows it well ;))

As for opening for example illustrator files, it can be done in photoshop but if I remember correctly an illustrator file opened in PS is rasterized upon open so you wont be able to resize it as vectors.

A graphical colleague of mine also recommended vectors, so we'll just have to look into obtaining Illustrator I guess :) I did read the link about vectors before, and it definitly makes sense. All I have to do now is :whip: the nun into learning how to use it :D

However, the comment you refered to was more to illustrate that logos shouldn't be overly complex (which would make them impossible to recognise when reduced in size to be used on a businesscard) or overly cropped, which would most likely end up looking silly on a balloon :)

I was playing around this morning and made two little pictures. I'm a graphics noob, and I don't know what a vector is, but here's my creations...

I was playing around this morning and made two little pictures. I'm a graphics noob, and I don't know what a vector is, but here's my creations...

Thank you for the contributions DrFeelGood :)

First picture is beautiful - but I'm afraid it's not what we look for. A logo should be kept simple - f.x. the name + MAYBE a symbol (the symbol could be the glass or something else "scottish" or "whisky'ish" but not too big and colorfull). It could be a logo without the symbol as well - depends :)

I had something like this in mind:

Scottish (picture of the glass) Delight

- I just don't know how to.

If you look at the logos of some of the biggest companies like Coca Cola, Nike, Toyota - you know what I mean :D

I would also prefer if we can keep the scottish flag out of it. We where thinking about a piece of a scottish kilt though (one of the blue/black ones) - but don't want it too "colourfull".

Think of it like this: It should look real neat and simple on the head of a letter or on a business card - and yet so simple it can go all the way down in size and be placed on a pen ... or even, as we said, sit on a balloon - or better yet - be engraved in a glass ;)

A little something for your contribution though ;)

However, the comment you refered to was more to illustrate that logos shouldn't be overly complex (which would make them impossible to recognise when reduced in size to be used on a businesscard) or overly cropped, which would most likely end up looking silly on a balloon :)

Ah, I see, and yes, makes perfect sense ofc. Im a vector fan so I got little bit blinded I reckon :)

Could you please clarify up the following details:
  1. What colors would you like used? foreground/background, any specific theme?
  2. What style? Arabic? Fancy Curvy Cursive? High Tec? Futuristic? Sleek?
  3. Are you only accepting vector entries?
Thanks!

Yes, you're right. I've got more of a newspaper ad than a logo lol. I'll keep working and see if I come up with anything.

Could you please clarify up the following details:
  1. What colors would you like used? foreground/background, any specific theme?
  2. What style? Arabic? Fancy Curvy Cursive? High Tec? Futuristic? Sleek?
  3. Are you only accepting vector entries?
Thanks!

1) as long as it looks awesome, we don't mind much about what colour - except NOT pink, purple or red :D Preferly only the text(name) and the eventually symbol is having a colour. No background, unless you put the logo into some kind of frame ;)
2)personally I would not mind something retro - then again, we wish the logo to last for years ;) Surprice us ...
3) No - if you read the first entry you can see what kind of files we accept! As long as we are able to work with it afterwards, it's fine :) Vector was a suggestion from Uni - not a bad one though - but I know nothing about it, yet ;)

hmm... might give it a try... :)

* actually got an idea now... prepare...

Last edited:
1) as long as it looks awesome, we don't mind much about what colour - except NOT pink, purple or red :D ;)

Do NOT enter pvp with MS9 anywhere on the same continent hereafter...:laugh:

Good luck on your enterprise, excellent idea to introduce good quality whisky through tastings, there's loads of ppl that haven't tasted a high quality whisky. Although the name made me think of candy...:ahh: (turkish delight)

Do NOT enter pvp with MS9 anywhere on the same continent hereafter...:laugh:

Good luck on your enterprise, excellent idea to introduce good quality whisky through tastings, there's loads of ppl that haven't tasted a high quality whisky. Although the name made me think of candy...:ahh: (turkish delight)

mm well, some sees good quality whisky as candy :D I know for sure what I would prefer ;)

(chocolate ...)

Ok.

Is this contest still running? if so I'm in!

So you need:

° Vector based Logo
° extreme High res images

That's not done in a day! If you expand this for a week, I might pull it off!

What a challenge!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Ok.

If you saw first post, you will see that it's running for 3 weeks ;) You have plenty of time :yay:

:O damn I missed that part lol

k no worries! YAY I'm in :cool:

Ok.

So you need:

° Vector based Logo
° extreme High res images

That's not done in a day! If you expand this for a week, I might pull it off!

What a challenge!!!!!!!

NO! .. Once more .. :rolleyes: I do NOT NEED vector .. i can use illustrator file, photoshop, vector - and jpeg, eps whatever - as long as I can work in it .. I do NOT have vector myself and IF I get a vector file I would have to get the programe .... ;)

ok? :)

ok, so you need a vector?:D

just teasing, I'll make the sure you can use it;)

Morning coffee logo :computer:

sd_logo.jpg

Edit: Sorry for bringing you vector hassle btw :ahh:

(and you dont need f.ex. illustrator initially really. my lil pic above is made as vector gfx, but it's rasterized.
if you have a vector logo and wanna put it on a billboard or something you will probably hire someone to do that for you anyway (unless you're doing it ninja style in the middle of the night, slabbing your logos all over town) meaning you can just hand them the file and and Im certain they would know what to do with it. :))

Last edited:
I'll make you the best logo ever seen :D
and gl with the company

LOOK ITS BERY!!!!1111

sd.jpg

Morning coffee logo :computer:

sd_logo.jpg

Edit: Sorry for bringing you vector hassle btw :ahh:

(and you dont need f.ex. illustrator initially really. my lil pic above is made as vector gfx, but it's rasterized.
if you have a vector logo and wanna put it on a billboard or something you will probably hire someone to do that for you anyway (unless you're doing it ninja style in the middle of the night, slabbing your logos all over town) meaning you can just hand them the file and and Im certain they would know what to do with it. :))

That one is really nice Uni :) I need the priests opinion aswell of course - but you got something there! I'm just not sure you can see that the thing is whisky - it looks a little like caramel :laugh: But I LOVE the idea :)

LOOK ITS BERY!!!!1111

sd.jpg

wow KalZ0rz I kNEW you had it in you :eek:

DAMN you made me laugh so hard here :D gonna send it to VF - he's gonna spit out whatever he has to spit out HAHAHAHAh :laugh:

LOOK ITS BERY!!!!1111

sd.jpg

is that a berycled in the middle btw? :scratch2:

But you actually might have hit something there. It's VEry scottish (in a EU'ish way lol) - but scottish colours - and old fashion scottish text - not to mention the old scottish frame thingie :D

Back