Question: What's your rep worth?

Status
Ok, I gave tons of +reps (just for educational purposes!). I hope I could do something by this to improve whatever statistics there will be in the end.

Currently I have 5792 (just in case this is important).

Ok, I gave tons of +reps (just for educational purposes!). I hope I could do something by this to improve whatever statistics there will be in the end.

12 points from your rep :) Thanks!

10 points from Redster. Thanks!

12 points from Lugzan's rep. Thanks!

Original list updated!

Last edited:

After you and Ido's rep I have 15694 points and before those 15674 :scratch2:

:silly2:

Sent you an "amateur" rep, or did you get one already.
Aaaaanywho, good day.

Noted...4 points from you, mate. Thanks!

Ok, who needs me to +rep them (in the name of research :D)?

i have no idea what i am as far as ranking is, but i got a gold thingy so figure it must be worth something ;)

Whoever posts, make sure you check your score first as i am on this thread for next 5 mins only ;)

11578, just repped TS.

I bet this gets locked soon, lol.

Very cunning way to gain some quick rep by Danoclese, hmmm? Ah well, the answers will be interesting, let's keep it open for a while ;)

:handgun::locked:
handgun_11333.gif

Last edited:
I bet this gets locked soon, lol.

Ok, just to let everyone know once again...I'm in no rush to complete this list...and I want to stress again, don't rep me as I can't keep up with the #'s coming in. :D (I have 3 different browser tabs open now just to try and keep things organized). Instead, pay it forward and post your results here with your rep rank and the points you gave, should you get feedback from the person you repped.

Thanks again!! :thumbup:

11578, just repped TS.

Very cunning way to gain some quick rep by Danoclese, hmmm? Ah well, the answers will be interesting, let's keep it open for a while ;)

:handgun::locked:

LOL, Jimmy! Honest to Lootius! I'm not trying to rep farm, lol. I keep telling folks to pay it forward!!!
:ahh:

As Pinky said, check your score first and then, when you get repped from someone, note the change and their rank. I know this can be difficult if several reps come in at once so, be patient and post when you have definitive results.

ps. 27 from you, mate :)

Last edited:
Now at 1655 after a rep from Ultimababe (so hers is worth 20 for me)

Reactions: Pip
1691 after rep from Lykke (wow) so hers is worth 36!

EDIT: And after a rep from Pinky, I am at 1712 so hers (for me) is worth 21

i was AFK for a while and got 3 reps for my cunning posts :D

before 1954 pts

endermigne (incredible)
ultimababe (champion)
PINKY (great master)

after 2008 pts

anyone care to do the math on thses 54 pts ?

That's GREAT, folks....keep posting your results!!!

I'm off to work now and I'll update the list when I get home.

Have a great reppin' day :)

Pinky: 21 points. Thx hon

Ok, i reped loads of people so hope for some results on mine :)

(didnt rep Lykke as have to spread - sorry lykke!)

After you and Ido's rep I have 15694 points and before those 15674 :scratch2:

:silly2:

After ultima and readbird I have 15719 .. we know Ultima gives 20 .. so read, you must give 5 :D

And now I'm out of this thread ;)

Good luck to all reppers and repped - lootius bless :D

(no worries Pinky, I have to spread too ;) )

Ok, i reped loads of people so hope for some results on mine :)

(didnt rep Lykke as have to spread - sorry lykke!)

so far, between 20 and 21 points, hon...thanks :)

After ultima and readbird I have 15719 .. we know Ultima gives 20 .. so read, you must give 5 :D

And now I'm out of this thread ;)

Good luck to all reppers and repped - lootius bless :D

(no worries Pinky, I have to spread too ;) )

Hmm. that must mean that if i +rep somebody HIGH I give out less rep? Since I am at competent level but "only" give out 5 points? Or maybe it is different factors involved?

Ok, my score is now 5869 (5792 before) points after +reps from lykke, ultimababe and PINKY (hello, ladies :naughty:). Somebody please do the math...

So uhm... maybe I can't get +rep from guys anymore or I don't know... :scratch2:

Anyways, some more thoughts to make this a little more complex:

- +rep counts more if it's from somebody who hasn't given you +rep that often
- +rep counts differently depending on the forum in which it was given
- +rep counts differently depending on the member status of that +repper
- +rep counts differently depending on your own member status (even though it's in the fractions part)

EDIT: Damn! While trying to +rep the others since my first post here (again, just for educational purposes!) EF noticed I did it too often! Sorry, it was right before you, PINKY...

Hmm. that must mean that if i +rep somebody HIGH I give out less rep? Since I am at competent level but "only" give out 5 points? Or maybe it is different factors involved?

that would explain why you get "gray" rep points = insignificant if a low rep person reps you ...

missing 496 rep and 295 posts to Forum Senior Ho :D

Would it have been too easy to ask 711 how it works? ^^
Oh well, i'm sure the answer could've been "it's dynamic".

ok, I'm really interested to know what the results are, but I'm not gonna read 9 pages (yes, I'm a lazy bastard :silly2:) so can anyone tell me how i can calculate my rep value? thanks :)

I assume all test have been done with +rep, is it the same with -rep?

ps: my rep points are 287 right now.

Status
Back