Some advice on making the most of EU

Status

Nabolshia

Old
Society
SVHG CORP
Nabolshia Dark Lotus
Here is a tidbit of information:

Your FUN level is going to decrease over time from spending countless hours of Sweating, and it will get worse as the value of the Sweat drops- which it is doing because of so many non- investor players that do nothing but swaet, there is so much sweat available that its only worth 5 ped per 1k now, and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

FIND a good HELPER society that is online when you are and are into the same things your interested in~ This alone can get you started from moving away from the SWEATER HELL, and you can then just sweat to help buy rounds or probes and to level your EVADE skills.

A small investment of $15.00 USD goes a long way, and with this and conservative uses, you'll be able to rotate your DROPS and continue to pay for more mines and rounds from your efforts.

BE conservative and LIVE within your level, BIG gun and High Level armor for low level = two things, Alot of wasted rounds from missing (lost money) and higher level of repair for the armor (as youll still die alot and also have expensive damaged armor) All from killing stuff your not leveled to fight, this will make you broke fast.

ENJOY- spend extra profit amounts on hair and cloths and enjoy the game or try a diffrent proffesion with profits, the main rule here is have fun but don't be stupid with your purchases.

TEAM alot with others and in your society, you get to kill bigger mobs and spend fewer rounds and theres less damage done to you and your armor. You will then be able to kill stuff that would normally kill you in a second.

Have good teaming skills: Stay clear of others in group and ensure your hitting the mobs not the back of a teammates head. When the mob comes at you and you know its gonna hurt, cease fire and pull your heal pack... don't run! Walk backwards and heal, it's hard even for high levels to hit a moving target... stop and simply walk backward and heal-and the others in the team will lure the mob away from you with their hits.

Stay positive and don't steal! Don't kill mobs others are hunting SOLO or what mob their sweating... it's not nice. Mean people Suck!

Additionally: When you are higher level and can kill mid-ranged mobs- you shouldn't HORDE them and drive others off~ Theres enough Mobs for everyone and they respawn PEOPLE! Be nice and considerate of others! (This happens all over- Argo spots mainly! Some people need to learn how to share!)

HELP and be HELPED. Help others when you can - information and guidance is more valueable than anything else, if people beg and borrow and steal- the game isn't that fun anymore. be positive and others will follow suit...

INVEST - CONSERVE - PROFESS - HAVE FUN - BE A HELPER

;)

Last edited:
Good post, although invest in the game I would have worded as Invest in your avatar.

+rep.

oh yeah great post:)

Nice little inspirational post. Thanks for helping add to the positive outlook on things. :cool: +rep.

WOW! Awesome post! As I sat here and read your post it put me in deep thought about joining a society. I have played several MMO and have been in more guilds then I could count. Main issue I have always had was finding one without drama. You truly made me think with this post.

:) + REP

You are exactly right! this is exactly how I have been enjoy EU for the past year and it is working out Great!! If anyone is looking for a Helper Society I highly suggest The Knights of Calypso! They are a great bunch of guys whose purpose is to help each other and the EU community be more successful.

+rep Nabolshia

Nice little inspirational post. Thanks for helping add to the positive outlook on things. :cool: +rep.

:rofl: Read that too quick and saw 'irrational post'

Oh well, it made me laugh :laugh:

Mr Mod, please make this a sticky! :wtg:

Very well written and informative post which everyone should read, not only newbies. I for one have made the mistake of going for mobs too big for my level countless times even after a year of playing EU. The only problems I can find with the post are minor spelling errors and a somewhat flawed grammar in some places. Nevertheless, one of easiest guides to read for what really matters in EU... FUN!

+rep of course. ;)

good post!...dont expect to win something...if you dont invest and work a litle

and to invest is good...becouse the game..will grow and grow continuu...and any investment will be biger after a while.

Excellent post dude

Mr Mod, please make this a sticky! :wtg:

Very well written and informative post which everyone should read, not only newbies. I for one have made the mistake of going for mobs too big for my level countless times even after a year of playing EU. The only problems I can find with the post are minor spelling errors and a somewhat flawed grammar in some places. Nevertheless, one of easiest guides to read for what really matters in EU... FUN!

+rep of course. ;)

OK, thread retitled and stickied.

Nicely sayed mate, Id also like to add that if you are playing on adequate level to your skills playing cost are very low, maybe free if u smart/lucky/good player. In my opinion, the profits should be used to develop your avatars gear. But it depends on what u like most. If u like your avi looking great, buy yourself new clothes/haircuts etc... I preffer more practical use like upgrading. Do what u enjoy the best, try to not count the PEDs (to some limits .) ). Also one rule I found is: Dont hurry, its not some race here. If u want something fast u gotta pay for it. Second rule: Try to be nice, esp. to newcomers, one little help to them (like giving avay 1ped tt FAP5, low tt pixie parts) wont hurt you and will greatly encourage em to stay. I know it from my own experience, thanks :censored: for taking us noobs on hunt while we were sweating and sharing the loot with us that was awesome begining .) Thanks :censored: for focusing me in OJ when nobody replyed to me. Thanks :censored: for giving me the opportunity to make first PEDs. Thanks to :censored: for learning me the basics of hunting because I had bad mentor. I can go on and on, community here is something of the best essences of game.

While you are still at a low level if you gather sweat from mobs before you kill them then it will help you cover your costs of ammo.

Anytime I pick up a new disciple this is my recommendation to them:

Gather 2k sweat, buy an opallo and ammo, go sweat and then kill low level mobs.

Snable-Male Young 20 hitpoints = 1 sweat pull
" " Mature 30 hitpoint = 2 sweat pulls
Daikaba Young 30 hitpoints = 2 sweat pulls
Sabakuma Young 20 hitpoints = 1 sweat pull

Any of the above mobs are perfect mobs for "swunting" (sweat + hunting)

With an average of 12 sweat/pull @ 0.50 that's 6-12 pec sweat/mob depending on if it drops 1 or 2 pulls.

Opallo unmaxed you can hope for an average of around 5.5 damage/shot, that's 4 shots (8 pec) to kill a 20 point mob or 6 shots (12 pec) to kill a 30 point mob, now if you figure you miss once per mob then your costs are 10 pec to kill 20 point mob and 14 to kill 30 point mob.

For a 20 point mob you will recover around 60% of your ammo from sweating

For a 30 point mob you will recover around 85% of your ammo from sweating!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously the 30 point mobs are the best to target!

If my disciple ends up coming up slightly short in the end of the hunt, I explain to him how he's gaining skills too which in time will improve his ability to make profits.

Even if someone whishes to deposit, it's still a great way to start hunting, they can just skip the first step of gathering 2k sweat.

I also recommend not wearing any armor and instead spending decay on a heal tool, this may cost more upfront but the skills will prove to be valuable in the longrun.

Took me over a year to learn all this, +rep for good advice.

+rep for thread starter and all contributing. Good advices there.

Great post... Great information.. Great Advice...

You are right, A game is a game.. It exist for us to have fun and enjoy..

ENJOY- spend extra profit amounts on hair and cloths and enjoy the game or try a diffrent proffesion with profits, the main rule here is have fun but don't be stupid with your purchases.

Awesome info.. only been playing a few weeks. I can see where I have been just wasting ammo hunting larger mobs because I can. Didn't really clue into the fact that I am actually losing PED's by doing this. I tried the pixie armor. Didn't see a difference, except major decay. So sold it all at the TT.

+ rep also

Blah Blah Blah

Sterling advice, and I still follow it occasionally...amazing at much longer ammo lasts too when you aren't just spraying bullets haphazardly all over the place :D

Edit: Has this thread been abandoned? After about 4 months I would've expected it to have been greatly expanded...maybe by including a section on how to gather fruit, how best to avoid a pack of mobs and how not to run so you can gather evade points...as well as many many other things...

Just because something is stickied shouldn't mean free efd forever, you have to work even harder at maintaining them lol

:D

maybe by including a section on how to gather fruit, how best to avoid a pack of mobs and how not to run so you can gather evade points...as well as many many other things...

[/size]

I would like to know what you meant by "how not to run to gather evade points... and what other things..Maybe you could start a new thread and put a link here so we know where to find theses answers.

I meant when you are sweating, telling people reading this that the best thing they are to do is stand their ground and take the hit.

Hit = Good = Death = Evade = Less Hit = Less Death = More Efficiency = More Good. :D

I meant when you are sweating, telling people reading this that the best thing they are to do is stand their ground and take the hit.

Hit = Good = Death = Evade = Less Hit = Less Death = More Efficiency = More Good. :D

:eek: verry nice :eek: i never thaught to put it this way :scratch2:

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

You sir are a very smart man and I agree with this post very much!

This post really hit the head on the nail. I agree 100% with all that is said in it :)

+Rep for sure.

Last edited:
I agree great post. +rep

Wow, this post really convinced me. I just made a deposit of 20$. My way of contributing to a community and a game that has the potential of becoming something very cool.

Nice thread. EU is a great place, where one could have a lot of fun. I enjoy it a lot. But really, since this thread is kind of a cover thing for the forum, I feel that something else should have been pointed out too. Might want to check this out:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html

Most of the elements outlined in that article I encountered in this game, so I can vouch for it. My point: keep cool. 'Fun' doesn't mean 'be sucked in'. I can see on this forum lots of people discussing how to spend $1,000 and/or 1 year of real life time in order to achieve a +1 point increase in some skill over the existent 100. That means 1% increase for a particular skill/attribute (among tens of others). How would this help you, in game, actually? Would you even notice it?

On the other hand, if you don't want to spend money and you are willing to do lots of boring things, to be able to keep up, this will spoil the fun. Hard working is for real life ;) Try and find a reasonable balance between affordability and fun. And NEVER set a goal other than having fun among friends :wtg:

Would a $1, $10 or $10,000 depo help you in achieving the fun you counted on? Can you afford it? Spending 2 weeks 6 hours/day there, doing that and that (boring things) - is it going to help you have a full year fun after (as you understand the fun)? Then do it! Otherwise - you might want to follow the link above and think about it. There's allways a Dark Side of the Force :)

P.S. All the above things apply only to gamers, not to the users who intend to actually make an investment there, because those enjoy a completely different kind of fun.

Reactions: Mac
Yes I agree,Very well written and informative post which everyone should read.

Great post, even years later.

Status
Back