Suspicious ID Assualts

I find it weird that many of the people I read about getting hacked and stuff are usually rich. It seems that those who report on EF atleast always have something to loose whenever there is a report of a hack. I'm wondering some things.

1. Does it seem to you that everybody has their name taken down on a hacker's list and they just wait till they have report of you being rich till they strike?:handgun::grouphug:

2. Is it only rich or skilled or uber people they strike? OR Do any of you know a newbie getting hacked? and loosing all their sweat :p :handgun::baby:

3. Do you think you're targeted only after you have made a significant achievement such as a big HOF or ATH or acquirement of really nice armor/guns?:handgun::king:

What do you guys think? :scratch2:

And I know GC's :rolleyes:play a role here in the hacking department but I'm still wondering.

P.S. Sorry if these questions have already been asked in another thread or something :rolleyes:

I think you did a nice job on the smilies :D

i dont find it suspicious at all that accounts with more money on em get hacked instead of newbie accounts. same risk/trouble, more cash.

I would assume only rich non-depositers get hacked :D

What I imagine is more the truth is that if a hacker brakes into a noob account with 2k skills and 2k of sweat they just log out, and move on.
The effort of chipping out the skills, and selling the sweat is not worth the time when they could be in an account with stuff worth having.

If a burglar breaks into a house only to find it empty, he is unlikely to steal the light-bulbs!

ahhh i see. so newbs are somewhat hacker -repellents... kinda like haunted houses for real estate salesmen :D

thanks for the replies. Any of you ever heard of a newbie getting hacked tho?

I think many of those accounts who get hacked has the same login name as the ava name.

Or downloading alot of crap shit from the internet and emails.

// Suliman

1. Does it seem to you that everybody has their name taken down on a hacker's list and they just wait till they have report of you being rich till they strike?:handgun::grouphug:

Nope.

Its easy as pie see: if somebody is hacked the hacker can also access the inventory page - the my items on the entropia website I mean.
So the hacker knows exactly if you are a worthwile target and could even check repeatedly until the victim is rich enough.

That is why I would like the inventory page only made accessible by goldcard and yes even more harsh, not available while someone has no goldcard.

I especially like the newbie smilie!

I don`t find it wierd. Just like in rl I`m sure the hackers case a joint or account before hacking. Just troll EF to see who is bragging about having good stuf or in my case bragging about having a GOLD CARD. ;) It` sno accident they get the good stuff. Would you waste time going into a bank only to steal the change basket for food bank donations? After all they trasfer to another avatar then. Probably the same one they do recon with.

Well if you walk around waving money at people.. then I am sure you are a target for a certain crowed... same IRL.. ;)

I find it weird that many of the people I read about getting hacked and stuff are usually rich.

What do you guys think? :scratch2:

Lets look at this logically. Lets say, hypothetically, you are a thief. Are you gonna rob a bum living in a cardboard box on the street? Or are you going to target the Nice house down the street, with the Mercedes' and Lexus' parked out front?

it surely has to do with, tools related to the game.

Do i need to say more >??

If people arent smart enough themselves, sry that i say it, it is their own fault. ( no its not trolling) :laugh:

Lets look at this logically. Lets say, hypothetically, you are a thief. Are you gonna rob a bum living in a cardboard box on the street? Or are you going to target the Nice house down the street, with the Mercedes' and Lexus' parked out front?

The bum 1st so I have a box to put all the nice stuff in!

• There are sites which track stuff about EU including the avatar name of the cause.
  • There are quite many threads here on EF like "how much do you deposit?" or "how rich are you?" or "do you have a goldcard?". And no, I'm not implying that the poster of those opening posts are hackers.
  • There are quite a decent number of screenshots with the PED-count of the HUD on it.
  • Read through the Trading-forum here on EF.

Sum it up and you have pretty good sources about who could be a nice target for a hack.

Well in real life if someone wants to get into your home and rob you can only deter them from doing so. There is no fool proof system although the more complex it gets the more skilled burgler it will take.

Internet is the same way in most respects.

So far the best options in EU are to keep your computer virus and spyware checked on a regular basis. Get a decent firewall and check the settings. Don't download unknown programs especially ones that say things like "Rare resource map you'll be rich in EU" Change your passwords on the forums and EU, make them a bit complex as well. Last and most important - GET A FRIGGIN GOLD CARD

Back