Metallurgy

Pianoman178

Old Alpha
Society
Sanctuary
Piano Pianoman Man
Hi Everyone

I have recently started to dabble in crafting OA-101 Lights. One of the materials needed to craft them is basic sheet metal, which I also have begun to craft. Crafting basic sheet metal gives skills in the Metallurgy skill.

Upon my first skill gain of metallurgy, I thought "Man, this is great! This must be helping my mining skills." Well, I looked up Metallurgy on entropedia and discovered that it does not help any mining skill in any way. The only thing it does is contribute 13% to the metal engineer skill.

Why is the Metallurgy skill listed under mining if it has no impact on mining whatsoever?

Good question :dunno:

Hi Everyone

I have recently started to dabble in crafting OA-101 Lights. One of the materials needed to craft them is basic sheet metal, which I also have begun to craft. Crafting basic sheet metal gives skills in the Metallurgy skill.

Upon my first skill gain of metallurgy, I thought "Man, this is great! This must be helping my mining skills." Well, I looked up Metallurgy on entropedia and discovered that it does not help any mining skill in any way. The only thing it does is contribute 13% to the metal engineer skill.

Why is the Metallurgy skill listed under mining if it has no impact on mining whatsoever?

Well, I dont think anyone here is directly qualifyed to answer, why it it placed there, unless someone from mindark reply.

Does, PE is dynmaic help :D :scratch2:

More then 4 years ago someone told me metallurgy DOES affect mining.

Over the years I had nice, very nice and bad mining days with my 120 mettalurgy skills...

Very good point, but no one will be able to help prolly :D

More then 4 years ago someone told me metallurgy DOES affect mining.

Over the years I had nice, very nice and bad mining days with my 120 mettalurgy skills...

what if we buildt a time machine, and you went back 4years... and chiped out the 120lvls and played like you have been.... to see if it affected your mining days.

I would be interested to know the answer too, but I guess only MA knows it. And I doubt they will share :rolleyes:

Theory on metallurgy I've heard is that it's ratio to your prospecting / surveying affects quantity of rare finds. Can't say if it's truth (and there is most likely crapload of other theories).

My theory is that MA was planning the ability to make ingots from ores not by the refiner but at the end it ends like this that you are using refiner.

what if we buildt a time machine, and you went back 4years... and chiped out the 120lvls and played like you have been.... to see if it affected your mining days.

If we build a time machine, then I'm going pre-gold.

Hi Everyone

PSST... ores are mined..ore is METAL. Where else would it go?

If they used the thought process to put the metal in crafting then all the crafted things like mining tools would be under mining and scanning tools under the information section and weapons under hunting professions. Then a seperate group would need to be made for healy gear and...

Try tracking individaul skills that way hehe.

That is a good question one of which I only think someone from MA could answer if they would answer it at all.

I always speculated it was a cross over skill like Engineering and Computer. Maybe it was also put into place for adding skills to refinement of ore but the project got shelved :dunno:

It might have some impact in mining since its listed under that section but I don't think we know for sure what it does or how it helps.

Just reading the wiki about Metallurgy it looks to be about extracting metals from ore and then combining those metals into alloys.

It would be interesting to see if its related to some shelved project or something that has yet to be seen.

Only because it doesn't affect your projessional standing (read - your ability to use more high-end tools) that doesn't mean it doesn't effect your mining in some other way. It might, as some said, play a role in what type of minerals you find.

My theory is that MA was planning the ability to make ingots from ores not by the refiner but at the end it ends like this that you are using refiner.

this i think too cuz even the Icon shows how is the ore made into ingots ;)

Back