How much total skills did you have when you unlocked Serendipity?

around 50k in total skills :kos:

Unlocked october 2006.
Around 65k total skills.

/Argentum

I'm at 80k skills and I'm still 1 level away from serendipity.

Specialize in just Hunting, only Handguns, and do nothing else and you can probably unlock Serendipity at 25k total skills.

A thought crossed my mind :

Will it be better to be someone who has 100k skills and not even unlocked serendipity (but obviously skilled in lots of professions)? Or will it be better to have it unlocked much earlier?

I know that the top socs look for people with lots of skills, but it will be interesting to see someone from a top soc with 150k skills and with pro levels in everything at about 25 - 29 only.

I think the earlier you unlock new skills the better, because then when you hunt you are gaining more ped value in skills and loots combined.

I unlocked it recently and i have 57k skills.

I only started counting skills ~ 90k when I had 3.7HA laser rifle. I think i got seren before i started to skill HG...and i got it fairly early....50k? maybe less

To the people who think you get more pedvalue TT from unlocks:

You are wrong, tyvm :)
You can search this forum for threads that contain results by Doer, Jimmy or myself (and a swath of others i might add) on pedvolume gain.

I only started counting skills ~ 90k when I had 3.7HA laser rifle. I think i got seren before i started to skill HG...and i got it fairly early....50k? maybe less

You can search this forum for threads that contain results by Doer, Jimmy or myself (and a swath of others i might add) on pedvolume gain.

Ahh really? That is new information to me. I'll have to do some testing myself :)

I don't think you get more tt ped value but don't you get more markup value not on the loot but the fact that you have one more skill your gaining during your hunt? I just unlocked coolness recently and all my other skills are still gaining at about the same rate but now I get a ton of coolness as well hence more value each hunt on the coolness skill value.

I don't think you get more tt ped value but don't you get more markup value not on the loot but the fact that you have one more skill your gaining during your hunt? I just unlocked coolness recently and all my other skills are still gaining at about the same rate but now I get a ton of coolness as well hence more value each hunt on the coolness skill value.

Coolness has a higher markup than the rest of those skills, so yes, however the TT volume of skill and the actual skill value is not a linear relationship.

Eg. You will gain the first 2k coolness very quickly. The next 600 points will take just as long to accumulate as the first 2000. i.e. the TT volume from 1-2000 skill points is the same as from 2000-2600, though i think you already know this from experience with chips.

After unlocking coolness the other skills will appear to gain at the same rate as it is only a very slight change (the other skills' volume will gain at 94.5% the rate they did before unlocking coolness when skilling pistoleer, for example) and there is some odd behaviour in skill increases before reaching 6000.

The difference in nett value gains with/without coolness is very slight.

I unlocked Serendipity in March with just a hair over 45k total skills. I did not chip and I used Laser Carbines almost exclusively to get there as quickly as I could.

:beerchug:

Miles

I had about 65-70k. I unlocked it as BLPsniper(hit), but the first year I skilled almost only longblades, and sold out some k's of that longblades-skill to buy a big gun.

i dont remember what i had but my guess is that not much coz i only did laser pistol hunting til hittin gto coolness... now i have around 106k skills and unlocked stuff

marksmen
RDA
sere
coolness
medicine
CGA
Extraction
mineral sense

and almost MDA and bpc.. half a lvl away..

so dunno where u have those 90k skills?

I just looked it up on my old .xls and I see that I did a skills add up the day I unlocked Serendipity.

42760 total skills.

I just unlocked Seren a couple of days ago and my total skill count is somewhere around 47k.

Hey guys, I am getting close to unlocking Serendipity with Ranged Laser (dmg) and 90k total skills....

hmm i thought serendipity unlocks only with hit profession ?

i was around 60k total

Stinky:yay:

just over 53000

Yes, But...

... the question is how many total skills did you have the time you unlocked Serendipity at Prof. Level 30(Hit). This gives some idea of how you skilled up. If you have a high total skill level at unlock you skilled in many different areas, or perhaps chipped out. A low level of total skills, and you skilled with a laser-like focus to get your unlocks quickly.

:beerchug:

Miles

Had around 38k skills when I unlocked serendpity about a month ago.

Unlocked it with laser pistoler, since then I have been skilling up in laser rifle and reaching lvl. 30 in that too :yay:

Serendipity unlocks with a very wide range of different skills, including both Hit and Damage professions on all levels.

I guess very few people unlock it with Damage though, since the Hit profession is usually higher. If you skilled a lot on both Handgun and Rifle or chipped a fair bit of LWT/BLP, for example, then it can be unlocked with Damage.

Back