JoshEdward’s Smart Trade Terminal Solution (STTS)

Anyone wanna run similar thingie? :)

Only problem stts had was its enourmos time consumption.

I would not have an interest in doing the day to day accounting and such, but if someone else does, I would be willing to help by setting up a db driven
web site for it.

Josh, thanks for all the peds you made from the stuff I would otherwise have TT-ed!

May the best be with you! And remember: have fun!

Dutchie.

Go for it!

I was thinking about doing another branch of STTS dedicated only to NBK soces. Was talking about this with Josh a couple of months earlier. Didn't want to start another STTS as a rival company as it was his idea and didn't want to "steal" it. But as Josh is shuting down his STTS I will try to start my own. A bit more faster, less agents, less auctioning. The best part is - I will run it with my brother who has a very different time play than me, so both of us can cover almost all day long. And a few more adjustments As I see there are more people who want to start similar business We'll see who will make it better lol
Go for it Tinkis! Since we are both NBK, I definitely will support you on this. The NBK TT shop is behind you 100% of the way (assuming I can get a login screen to work and don't keep getting these darn blasted errors that have to do with side-by-side issue, and the install problems I'm having with the installer patch that fixes)

I was, in fact, thinking about setting up a similar thingie, but with a few changes to stop it taking up so much time
Alien, you should go for it too! You can either work with Tinkis or start another branch. Competition is not always a bad thing.

The ONLY problem STTS ever had was it's reliance on the auction. That tied up a bunch of peds for days. I think if there can be a team of street sellers and/or shop owners that work in conjunction with STTS, there is a lot of potential here... perhaps put the stuff out in shops or hand it over to resellers all based on some sort of consignment fee commission basis and I think we can see this thing really take off... especially if there's a big enough team, and coordination among the various agents and folks that are involved... Specialization would be one way to aim it I think... have one reseller that just does stackables, another that just does weapons, another that just does armor, etc. You could even have one that just does blueprints, etc.

If either of you do get the game plan going and do hire consignment agents, I'm up for possibly giving it a try in my booth and shopkeepers. I think if there's enough specialization of what to focus on, and item changover is done regularly (like once a week or once every other week or so) in a shop/shopkeeper, the new surplus shipments coming in might just attract regular buyers. ;) :)

Nobody wants to shop at a place where the same thing is sitting on the shelf for months. If there is new items available regularly, it will help things out. You could even get several shop owners involved... So like resellers on street could try selling thing for one day. If no sales, they TT them to Shopowner A. He puts the stuff in Shop for 1 week or so. If no sales, he TTs to resller 2. He tries to sell for 24-48 hours. If no sales, he TTs to shop owner B, who puts stuff in the shop for 1 week. If no sales, things get handed to reseller 3. If he gets no sales, or deems that the items need to be TTed, they go back to original owners or, alternatively in to the TT machine they go. Original owners should be given the opportunity to have their items yanked back to them in a timely manner at any time during the process in case they decide that they don't really want to sell.

Last edited:
Lawl, I came late to the party. Eh, sad indeed to see it go, was kinda afraid of something like this, specially when I kinda relied on STTS as an emergency fallback to recover some PED after being a bit reckless with my card... :( But, surely it was an enrichening experience, and I got to become known a bit more in the EU/PC community, so I do thank you for that. :) Let's see what I'll have to do to earn my PEDs in this brave new world... :silly2:

Tinkis, Alien, Maria, or anyone else, if you've got any plans in mind, feel free to contact me. I'm afraid of unemployment! :scared:

Josh, that's a sad news for all of us who use this service for now a long time !

I'd like to very very Thank You for doing it, god knows the huge time you spent to run it well, i remember the first days when you announced your system and someone began to speak about you as a scammer or something !

You proved all those month long you're trustworthy and i'm proud i was the first shareholder of STTS investment Plan :wtg:

I just hope that what make you stop here are good things for Real Life, you deserve it if you're RL work is as reliable as your IG one :)

Thanks again, see you soon.

Thanks too @ the agents, their jobs seemed time consuming too

Last edited:
I will definately give a try to create a STTS that's equal or even better to one that Josh ran. I had that idea for a long time but was putting it away as I didn't have enough PEDs to run it smoothly and I didn't want to sell my STTS shares. Another thing - I didn't want to have investors. Having investors ties you to making more profit with bigger risks. I believe I will get enough PEDs to run smoothly in beggining and will invest my own money to expand STTS capital. I believe I can start my own STTS in about 2-4 weeks. Why not now? Everyone needs to get used to new VU. A few version updates needs to be implemented even to get things working like they used to. And it will give me time to prepare all needed paperwork, programs, dealing with trading partners, making new contracts. And I want to shoot some mobs too :handgun:
I guess the right date would be - 2-3 weeks after new VU is up and running.

I´m sorry to see STTS go, but I´m glad that I was part of such a great service. Thanx, Josh. I wish you the best of luck with everything.

I think I have some refund left to get? And from shares too. I have not had the opportunity to get refund or other before the new VU. So I was thinking we can make an appointment soon. You can PM me when it can be suitable?

Sorry to hear Josh,

It was always a pleasure doing business with you.

I will keep an eye out in game to settle accounts or contact me to arrange a time.

Too bad.
Good work though, showing how a service like this can be run, with full transparency.

Since I haven't reached Josh for quite long time I decided to free up my STTS operating capital. I still have few trades in my inventory so I ask owner sof these trades to contact me via PM and tell me if I can TT their trades, forward whole trades to them or just give them part of their trades. Following list contains owner's name, MA time of trade and TT value of trade. For privacy reasons I won't publish items list. In order to receive this list please contact me via PM.

Alienna Aliecn Xartia: 2009-08-10 12:02 79,85PED TT
AeroV v47 Zer0: 2009-08-14 00:15 231,71PED TT

Regards

VB

Last edited:
I'll be waiting for a little bit more before releasing my operating capital, which I surely need with the new VU. If I still can't contact Josh, I'll be posting the list of my last trades much like Van Buren did.

Last Activity: 08-21-2009 14:28

Hai guys, sorry for the inactivity few days back. I'm away for travelling again. For now i had almost completed the final liquidation refunding list. All i need now is to login in-game and do a couple of finalization regarding my items in auction (hope they are still there after the VU) :). The final refunding will include all previous refunds, all the unprocessed sales refunds, shares buyback and liquidation proceedings. So i expect some big final paycheck for some of the shareholders. Stay contact when the VU is up and running :yay:

Hai guys, sorry for the inactivity few days back. I'm away for travelling again. For now i had almost completed the final liquidation refunding list. All i need now is to login in-game and do a couple of finalization regarding my items in auction (hope they are still there after the VU) :). The final refunding will include all previous refunds, all the unprocessed sales refunds, shares buyback and liquidation proceedings. So i expect some big final paycheck for some of the shareholders. Stay contact when the VU is up and running :yay:

Nice to hear that. I think most people would now be relieved you haven't run off on a holiday...oh you have lol.../joking :)

See you soon Josh,

Correct me if i misunderstood but the new EU vu has been up for almost a week now...

Nice to hear that. I think most people would now be relieved you haven't run off on a holiday...oh you have lol.../joking :)

See you soon Josh,

:) Nope, i am still around preparing your final payout. If i'm not mistaken, you should have the largest payout. :D

Correct me if i misunderstood but the new EU vu has been up for almost a week now...

Really? Guess i'm outdated abit there. I would require some time to "torrent" that 4GB client. Give me some time yah. I would not be far ;)

See you guys soon :yay:

Oh yay, nice to hear from you Josh. :D Do tell when you're done downloading the new client and you're able to log on.

Hai guys, i'm available ingame already. I would like to set a meeting with all my agents to finalize the final liquidation expenses. The final refunding list is almost ready and i expect to release them on Monday 1st Sept 09. I will be online later today from 1200-1400 MA time. STTS agents, please meet me up then :)

Managed to complete the first part of STTS liquidation (lots of work). Please proceed to STTS Database at STTS Live to check out the Un-refunded Sales Summary. Base on the summary sheet, refunds will be base on 1st and 2nd tier basis. More details will be released when i completed the 1st tier refunding. Please give me some time to do this as i yet to meet my agents as well as i still need to offload some of the STTS stock.

Just for sharing, my first login for v10 :)

Hm, I was on for a fair bit of time, but seems like I missed you anyway. :( I wasn't able to get on 12:00 MA, but I logged on around 12:30 then again at 13:30. Do tell me if you're going to meet again with the agents.

EDIT: Wait... Monday 1st Sept 09? But today is August 31, and is Monday... You mean tomorrow?

Last edited:
Hey Josh,
could you give us an update on how soon the investors will be able to be paid? ;)
Thanks,
Chris

Last time I saw Josh online he was still working on final refounds.

Just updated the first part of the 1st Tier Refunding. Available at STTS Live. I'm on travel a lot lately and hardly had any time to process the liquidation. However, will try to complete them asap. For time being, please check out the 1st Tier Sales summary refund list that i prepared. :)

Anyone checked stts live & understand how this stts shares conversion works?

For example for mine it says I have 19,228 points total and its converted to 1,923.

What is 1923? :scratch2: It says shares converted, converted to what? peds?

Anyone checked stts live & understand how this stts shares conversion works?

For example for mine it says I have 19,228 points total and its converted to 1,923.

What is 1923? :scratch2: It says shares converted, converted to what? peds?

Hai thr, basically it means that every 10 points will earn you 1 STTS shares. Those 1,923 shares had been included into your net shares holdings. :)

I had completed the 1st Tier Refunding Summary Sheet. Please refer them at STTS Live. Cheers :)

Note: The 1st Tier refunding summary sheet was prepared on the "best effort" basis subjected to some adjustments and time constrain. I can assure that all the refunding allocation is on the most fair term. Look forward for feedback :)

No Access since new VU

Howdy Josh,

Just a note to simplify your liquidation process. Since the new VU my PC does not have the horses to run the new world. I will not be upgrading for a few months yet so will not be able to meet with you for my refund and share split before you are finished with the closeout process.

Best of luck,

Harmless Cool Fire Handyman

Howdy Josh,

Just a note to simplify your liquidation process. Since the new VU my PC does not have the horses to run the new world. I will not be upgrading for a few months yet so will not be able to meet with you for my refund and share split before you are finished with the closeout process.

Best of luck,

Harmless Cool Fire Handyman

Hai thr, nothing to worry about thr. When i stop STTS, i will still be around and all those refunds owing will be kept safely until their respective owner claimed it. You have my guarantee on that. :)

Work done for Purchase Summary (2nd Tier refunding workings) is ready for viewing at STTS Live. We are very close to concluding the liquidation now. Stay tune guys :)

hey, do ya still buy stuff or is all that loot sitting in storage just dead weight for me? :0

Back