a 30000$ mistake

Status
i think the EFDs will do that lol

May I suggest to all those who do one day down the track accidently TT a high value item for whatever reason and are aware of it immediately, please do not post the situation in the public forums.

Instead, file your support case and PM a message to the community rep Marco.

By doing so, you will make the situation a lot less harder upon yourself and MA to sort out rather than having to involve the politics of everyone else's point of view on the situation needing to be involved in the evaluation process.

If the outcome is not to your liking after you have consulted with MA,
Then fine, post away to your heart's content.

But do yourself a favor,
this just makes it so much harder to get your high value item back.

Bringing awareness to the community is great,
Though do it at the right time, not at a time which will make things difficult. :rolleyes:

GL
Sparkz

I don't understand how so many people around here can take so much joy in another persons misfortune. I wouldn't wish a 30,000 dollar mistake on anyone, even people I don't particularly like. Are some people using the rules as an excuse to harm someone who has more than them and lost it in a schadenfreude-ish way or taking out their own frustrations with how MA treats them to wish such financial harm on other person or am I missing something?

who is taking joy in jeff's misfortune? i think everyone feels terrible for him, some just want the rules enforced while others want special treatment for certain players.

no one is happy he lost his amp, not that i have read.

saint

May I suggest to all those who do one day down the track accidently TT a high value item for whatever reason and are aware of it immediately, please do not post the situation in the public forums.
Sparkz

I agree 100% but in my case that didn't help in the long run. I waited several months before posting in forum.

ppl wtf its not a crapy 1-10k ped item its a fucking 30k usd item :laugh: dont be so greedy yes u tted a 500-2k ped item big deal it sucks but you can work in rl and u make the money back easy but damn 30k usd is different.
+
its the only ul oa105amp in game.

:laugh:

I might not be happy that he lost his amp but rubbish happens!!
Why dont we all sly about getting out stuff back, then again it prob only works for ubers.

I pray such a mistake never happens to me, but the rules are clear. Accidently TTed items won´t be returned.

Sad to hear it happened again, that someone TTed such a very valuable item.

Take care and read the confirmation screen, therefor this confirmation screen was implemented.

wow :/ shit happends but I'm sure that MindArk will work it out and give it back.

Now Try have a nice day mate take care

wow :/ shit happends but I'm sure that MindArk will work it out and give it back.

Now Try have a nice day mate take care

Wow, someone that still believes..... just.. wow.... ....

1 positive thing for the community is that out there somewhere is a OA-105 wating to be looted.

well now, thats a popular theory. problem is, if correct, another OA105 might drop before MA get in on Monday morning. Indeed, it may have already...

Why should MA lose money because of someone elses mistake?

Because it can potentially cost them much more than just some extra man-hours (which could be funded by a sufficient return fee).

Not returning the item would be a great mistake all by itself and who knows what the cost of that will be. $30k lost by mistake due to confusing interface (same looking items) and no mechanism to protect items, with MA refusing to cooperate ... that's just very bad EU propaganda and just plain depressing :(.

Rules are rules, but the rules are obviously inadequate in such cases, because they don't prevent anything. There are obvious deficiencies in the user interface, which is MA's domain, they designed it. Simple fact is, the current interface doesn't prevent accidental trades to TT, so it's just not someone else's mistake, it's theirs too. Either implement an item protection feature or an automated refund against a sufficient PED balance, bypassing the need for support (with a fee, if necessary).

while the item lock idea sounds grand and ideal its not, if your dumb enough to put yourself in a situation to TT something valueable to yourself then you will be to dumb to have a lock on also and prevent it, stupidity cannot be stopped, only having a brain and thinking for yourself will do that.

ie. dont leave extra ped on your card to make auction error, place valuables in storage when you are going to use TT machine, simple little things on your part to protect yourself.

i mean how hard is to pay attention? mistakes are mistakes but please.
MA placed the confirmation screen in to make you think, if your still TT's stuff you dont want to then your not thinking and that is your problem in the first place.

if MA makes an exception to this without a universal change in policy for everyone at any value that will also be some very bad press and it will be worse then one person who didnt think.

hard to have sympathy when i know if i TT'd something i would be told NO return, thats why i take extra percations for myself NOT too and if i still TT something then its my own stupidity and you can bet i wont be posting about it.

i do hope MA changes the policy but keeps with the current one regarding this.
if they dont they will undermine themseves and that alone will cause a loss in faith for depositers.

just my 2 pecs

ppl wtf its not a crapy 1-10k ped item its a fucking 30k usd item :laugh: dont be so greedy yes u tted a 500-2k ped item big deal it sucks but you can work in rl and u make the money back easy but damn 30k usd is different.
+
its the only ul oa105amp in game.

that is meaningless

A 101 gun amp worth tt+100 to a noob who has 3 ped on his card from sweating is way worse than a guy who makes at least 50k a year profit off a game has 100k plus of skills ... so he has to take a pay cut... i hardly think he will be broke ... he has his skills to fall back on .. that noob who tt's the 101 amp is pretty much ruined...

ps. this is such an exciting thing... if we can get star to tt her imp mod mk 300 that does 9000 damage per shot with 1 ammo burn, and get akuma and buzz to TT their rare bp's they have a monopoly on... I think i will be able to say, this forum is as fun as the game itself...

OUCH im sorry to hear about this. I wish you the best in getting it back

Sorry to hear that! But since MA`s policy change and tt update I would`nt hope too hard. We`ll just have to see how they respond. One nice feature to implement might be the ability to designate or lock items in some way so they can`t be tt`ed. This way all your treasured and expensive gear you could just click and the tt won`t accept it until it is deselected for lock.

One life got ruined because of virtual item loss, thats kinda sad to hear....
No offence was ment.

Same rules should apply for everyone, but i wish you good luck as your success will raise chance for other participants to retrieve their lost items...i hope. Fair play MA.

why should they put locks on? we adults who make mistakes everynow and then but MA shouldn't have to make it fool proof like some people have said if ur dumb enough to tt it then u dont deserve it at all. At the end of the day when i spend on something or lose lots of money gambling i dont ask for my money back cos i aint that stupid. Lifes hard hopefully this will be a nice lesson for him.

I don't understand how so many people around here can take so much joy in another persons misfortune. I wouldn't wish a 30,000 dollar mistake on anyone, even people I don't particularly like. Are some people using the rules as an excuse to harm someone who has more than them and lost it in a schadenfreude-ish way or taking out their own frustrations with how MA treats them to wish such financial harm on other person or am I missing something?

word! couldnt have said any better

OP, it sucks to be you right now. That's a costly lesson.

Remember kids, MA added that popup window for TT sales for a reason.

READ IT!

AG

And one more thing squall...

You should have kept this a secret from the general population.
I mean, now everyone is awaiting the MA reaction - and if they return this to you - there is more of the same requests awaiting.

Now theyll prolly never return it - since it may cause a riot or even lawsuits... ppl get touchy even for few $$ not to mention amounts totalling over 30k$. It is calles presedan (or something), and they would make it in your case.

If you didnt tell anyone - you may just have got it back since it would be a hush hush and noone would know about your mistake ;)

If I were MA - i wouldnt give it back due to what I just said. No hard feelings... but I think it is a great opportunity to make example of someone in this case.

I.

MindArk might want to do something about this quickly. This is starting to go places. Better put this fire out quickly before the forest burns down.

You might want to listen MA. Oh, you're still on vacation? OK then. Sorry to bother you.

You know what I am saying MA. :eek:

And, when you return Mr. Jeff's item, ask nicely that Mr. Jeff to put out the fires here in EF land.

Having read the entire thread now,

I agree with a lot of points being thrown around the room from a political standpoint upon rules and laws;

Though a lot of these people posting probably have never seen 35k USD in real life money in one hit in their hands. A good 75% I would say.

Economies of scale, we are talking 300k - 350k here,
Not 10 - 20 or even 50k or 100k.

Come on folks,

Not only is it an item which is expensive,

It is an item which generates MA a lot of money through it's use by a user who uses it constantly and consistantly.

We are not talking about a mod fap worth 400k which takes a day or two to wear down, this item is used up in it's full TT value every 30mins to hour when doing mining runs depending on technique.

I do agree with rules, though rules are guidelines, nothing more.
No one I know of in business rules with an Iron Fist by the book,
Even laws have loopholes and for a damn good reason too.

It would be naive of anyone to think that rules are set in stone,

They are not.

The creator of any rules uses them as an awareness tool to set a precedence to what should be followed.

Though this is only that, a precendence.
Cases will be evaluated on a case by case basis as to weigh up the pro's and con's of following the precedence or making an exception to the rule.

I am standing neutral on this at this point.

I wish to as a long term investor into Entropia and eventually MindArk itself see how MindArk as a business conducts itself into evaluating and ruling upon the precedence set (rules) and what/if any leniencies are to be granted into special circumstances such as this one involving both large customer investment dollars and provide consistant and continued MindArk revenue dollars;

Along with any attached penalties that may be incurred for MA business time and energy spent in rectifying the situation. Wether the item be returned or not.

This for me (present day) will be the most important thing in evaluating and valuing the long-term investment value of MindArk as an organisation with attached service offerings (Entropia) into the way in which it conducts it's business from both the corporation bottom line side of the business and the customer care side of the business;

Agreed another factor has been added now into the mix this time around,
no matter how foolish it may seem, it has occurred and it will be an additional important point to see, How well MindArk mitigates the political senario which has come about from this occurrence.

I see a lot of internal animosity towards Jeff and do feel for him, yet at the same time, he should have been aware of such a backlash and added steam to the boiler from doing so.

Cheers,
Sparkz

There are obvious deficiencies in the user interface, which is MA's domain, they designed it. Simple fact is, the current interface doesn't prevent accidental trades to TT, so it's just not someone else's mistake, it's theirs too.

Sorry, what deficencies? You yourself put in the window things you want to sell, you press the confirm button... are you one of these people who would sue mcdonalds cos they spilled a hot coffee on themselves and got burnt and then demanded that there should be a warning written on the cup saying "hot"? how much idiot proof systems does one need? man this civilization is getting more and more idiotic.

and now another one... guy says that this game is his job... ehm, pardon me but thats pathetic... and he was distressed too. ehm... dang i'd love to get distressed by playing video games... no, sorry... 1 loot sucker less, more fun to the rest of us...

and just to answer any comments.. do i envy? hell no... cos i think earning ur bread as an 8 pixel tall avatar is sad. imagine the next job interview question... "so what have you been doing for the last coupla years?"... i think it might be a good cold shower for this addict and a good time to take a break and rethink his life. as someone said in this forum entropia is spare (when u got spare money spare time) and not a way of life.

why should they put locks on? we adults who make mistakes everynow and then but MA shouldn't have to make it fool proof like some people have said if ur dumb enough to tt it then u dont deserve it at all. At the end of the day when i spend on something or lose lots of money gambling i dont ask for my money back cos i aint that stupid. Lifes hard hopefully this will be a nice lesson for him.

Guess you are to stupid or to noob to understand how this can happen.

that is meaningless

A 101 gun amp worth tt+100 to a noob who has 3 ped on his card from sweating is way worse than a guy who makes at least 50k a year profit off a game has 100k plus of skills ... so he has to take a pay cut... i hardly think he will be broke ... he has his skills to fall back on .. that noob who tt's the 101 amp is pretty much ruined...

ps. this is such an exciting thing... if we can get star to tt her imp mod mk 300 that does 9000 damage per shot with 1 ammo burn, and get akuma and buzz to TT their rare bp's they have a monopoly on... I think i will be able to say, this forum is as fun as the game itself...

how is it way worse then a noob who has a job in rl and then the guy whos job is this game and he just lost his best item to tt :laugh:

Its ok Jeff forget about the $30k u will make millions off the sale of ur new autobiography "the fall of an uber" :)

Its ok Jeff forget about the $30k u will make millions off the sale of ur new autobiography "the fall of an uber" :)

do_not_feed_trolls.jpg

If MA implement their policy and procedures in a fair and transparent way this will promote confidence amongst participants. Lets stick with one set of rules as anything else is going to marginalise and divide for no useful reason. Sad as this particular error by someone from the community is, it serves to remind all of us that taking profits are always subject to poor or other judgement and that there is no guaranteed job ..rl or irl

Look on he brightside at least he got the TT value

Really sorry to hear about this, Its a nightmare come true.

I hope you get the situation sorted out with ma as there obviously should be better ways to prevent this from happening.

A confirmation pop-up window that you see many times a day just isn't warning enough when people are dealing with such value. It was a mistake waiting to happen that could be so easily avoided with either a buy-back option or a non TT attachment.

Good luck resolving this.

Status
Back