a 30000$ mistake

Status
Holy crap. Of course its a very stupid mistake but still, it shows the system has some serious flaws. MA should return the item, also for their own good as I think it will have a significant impact on their customers trust. Like suggested a return fee and an ingame tradelock should be available. Hope this event will make MA finally implement such features in their most "secure" universe.

Good luck on getting your item back.

I hope they will give it back to you. And they should implement this
Is unfair to lose so much value in such a way. At least they could have made the design on those items different. But they did not. So they should take responsibility for such errors. Those that say that all trades are final... It would be interesting to hear what you have to say if you have an item with such a value and do something like that...

In real life, you can denounce a trade or a contract in a short period of time for some reasons in most countries. I won't go into that... but it is so for a reason in real life. Same principle should apply in trades with TT terminal.

I also think that all people that feel that they are not safe in current conditions, should write a support case and ask for a change. This is important. I will.

I have based my life on the last couple of years in PE and my future was completely based on this purchase. After such efforts all this time, all is gone in a click. 1 freaking click among millions of clicks.

I know this may be seen as a negative attitude

since i think the item should be gone for good.

Sorry for you loss, but the rules have to cover all of us or this world is doomed.
Welcome to the club of people who tt'ed stuff by accident.

Tussi

PS: I'm all in for motiviting MA to put in an automated way to recover stuff accidently tt'ed as long as the 'gimme back' is within a reasonable timeframe (eg. 3 hours online time for the avatar since item sold), isn't for free (eg. you'll have to pay full tt but get it back with tt=0) and works only for stuff with a condition bar. So you would have a chance to get back the OA by being offline until this is implemented.

Last edited:

Sorry for you loss, but the rules have to cover all of us or this world is doomed.

Tussi

PS: I'm all in for motiviting MA to put in an automated way to recover stuff accidently tt'ed as long as the 'gimme back' is within a reasonable timeframe (eg. 3 online avatar is online since item sold), isn't for free (eg. you'll have to pay full tt but get it back with tt=0) and works only for stuff with a condition bar.

Rules should never be more than guidelines and in exceptional cases it should be possible to break them. There is always a situation not covered by a rule.

I think this example should force MA to see the error of their rule. Return squall's amp, and then return all the tt'd items since their policy change. Alot of work, but it's a stupid rule that needs changing.

Tussi

QUOTE]

yes, i told same befor, but my english is a bit bad .

This issue makes me so sick to my stomach :(

Just after they instated the new rule, I TTed my Karma Killer and a105. I was in a rush for my soc's fri night fun hunt and thought i was repairing it and TTed it instead. After weeks of begging and pleading, support still said NO!

Just a couple of weeks ago a friend TTed his a203 amp. He had no idea that is what he did when he couldn't find it, he is so careful with the TT after what happened to me. And he was shocked to find MA support tell him he TTed it.

These items are in no way close to TTing a $30,000 item. But! If MA gives back the oa105, I want my items back and so should my friend get his a203! Just as losing this item will effect you it has effected me and my friend. Neither of us are playing so much now. We were regular players for 2yrs for me and 3yrs for him and regular depositors. What a stupid rule when it comes to playing a game that deals with rl money!

Thanx for letting me vent. I'll be watching this thread carefully.

Last edited:

Tussi

PS: I'm all in for motiviting MA to put in an automated way to recover stuff accidently tt'ed as long as the 'gimme back' is within a reasonable timeframe (eg. 3 hours online time for the avatar since item sold), isn't for free (eg. you'll have to pay full tt but get it back with tt=0) and works only for stuff with a condition bar. So you would have a chance to get back the OA by being offline until this is implemented.

Well, I hope you never do mistakes...

and well, I think MA should offer everyone to get tt'ed items back within 1 week i. e. if the one asking for it pays ALL the costs, like ppl. who waste their working time...

I think everyone who is seriouse would happily pay 1-10k peds.

That would only be fair...don't you think?

I think the OP would pay the fee happily...and I think to indulge will not put MA in a bad light.

Oh, and ITEM LOCK is a great idea!

*sigh* "I didn't get my item back so I don't want other to" is also some kind of attitude...

Rules should never be more than guidelines and in exceptional cases it should be possible to break them.
No. Else they would be called guidelines and not rules.
There is always a situation not covered by a rule.
This one is perfectly covered.

Again, i'm sorry for xXSqUaLLXx - but we really don't need another example for Joe Average to show him that he is and always will be fucked in EU only because he's not rich.

Change it for all - or don't change it at all.

Tussi

Last edited:
1 Many expensive items look exactly like tt food.
2 MA knows that almost noone always doublechecks the final confirmation box.
3 MA knows that how it is now doesn't prevent 100% of mistakes.
4 MA can change it very easily but doesn't (it's just few (or even 1) line/s of code to check if the item has big markup on dragging the item from inventory to tt).

Conclusion
MA is happy that it will not have to pay you that 30000$ when you decide to leave the game.

I HOPE I AM WRONG !
MA PLEASE TELL ME I AM WRONG !

GL JEFF :)

As I said, I sent my support case.

16 Aug 2008 You wrote:
Dear sirs

I am writing this support after crating a thread on Entropia Forum on this problem and after a well known avatar has sold an item by accident to TT. The thread I was talking is here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...les-button-available-limited-period-time.html
The policy of not returning items sold to TT by mistake, may be comfortable for you, but for players that invest in EU is a nightmare. Because most items look exactly the same and you have no way of locking or marking an item of special value, the risk of selling the wrong item in TT is huge.

Then again, you say that it is a confirmation box that you have implemented after completing a trate with TT. But that has some major problems.

It uses small font. The leading of the font is to small, making it hard to read. A leading of 120% of font size is a minimum for readable text, and I am sure your design team knows that very well.

There is no warning for the market value of the items sold to TT.

Considering that the system is far from perfect, please return the item back to avatars that sell them to TT by accident. Especially if is such a high market value involved.

Best Regards,
Badita Ovidiu
16 Aug 2008 You wrote:
Sorry for placing this in the wrong support section. Another user mistake...

Wow, that's just crazy! I really do hope MA will return the item to you (which i think they will). Mistakes like those can happen very easily unfortunately :(.

No else they would be called laws. The rules are made up by MA and they can do whatever they want with them. Bend, break, enforce, its up to them.

BTW what does the law say about it anyhows?

Again, i'm sorry for xXSqUaLLXx - but we really don't need another example for Joe Average to show him that he is and always will be fucked in EU only because he's not rich.

Tussi

Does this rule also cover the fact it might ruin someones life?

Conclusion
MA is happy that it will not have to pay you that 30000$ when you decide to leave the game.

I HOPE I AM WRONG !
MA PLEASE TELL ME I AM WRONG !

GL JEFF :)

I feel this way too, I wish I didn't, but I do :(

I feel realy bad for you, and I always knew these things would happen eventually.

What if the amp will be looted again within a few days?
Guess what most people now are going to do...

my opinion

1) the item isn't really worth 30k, he just paid 30k for it. its worth its TT value to MA. and they probably wont see it that way. duno maybe they will.

2) there shouldnt be favoritism just because you been playing for so long, and are rich, and got a full friends list, and a possie that follows you around everywhere like hawks looking for scraps. BS!!!! to that

3) that item lock idea sounds great. being able to click a check box on the item menu is a super great idea. (i think etopia said it first)

4) i do think that they should reopen discussion on what to do with TT'ed PERSONAL FAVORITE ITEMS, and not just items that certain upper class people think are good.

i got nothing personally against you dude and i feel for your loss, but shit happens i guess. and rules are rules ( for the moment at least )

Well atleast there is hope that MA will give it back, if you sold it on auction for TT chances were alot less you were getting it back.

Yeah, like everybody else said, MA has their new policy. I'd be pissed as hell if this happened to me, as I'm sure anybody would (and some might even consider self-mutilation), but I would also be very frustrated if I had worked hard on a low depositing budget to get a few good pieces of hunting gear and accidentally TTed my A105 amp, and MA pointed at the return policy saying "No", then they go and return somebody else's amp.
If you get it back, it will cause a riot. If you don't get it back, you are screwed.....

Good luck with whatever happens! :wtg:

A friend of mine TT'ed an adjusted FAP once but he got it back from MA. This was before the VU where they implented the Are You Sure window. MA said they would never return TT'ed items again when they implented that.. I'm really curious how this is going to end.

I hardly ever feel sorry for anyone in Entropia but this story is even making me feel sad. I'm really sorry for you xXSqUaLLXx, there are no words for this.:mad:

Well atleast there is hope that MA will give it back, if you sold it on auction for TT chances were alot less you were getting it back.

That depends on who got it from auction... Not all players are jerks...

ARGH!

I feel your pain.

Surely you must get it back.:scratch2:

omg i TT'd once a A103 and almost destroyed my headset, mouse etc :laugh:

daaaaaaaaaaaamnit i really hope ull get your unL amp back

good luck !

Tussi

Very true!
Support needs to be the same across the board.. for everyone..
I hope MA changes their policy for all players.
I also sent another support case asking for a "check box" on the item to prevent accidents.

Does this rule also cover the fact it might ruin someones life?

if you have a 30kusd item , and your RL can broke abouth this, if you los that item, why you put then the item in tt.....
we have a list of the items you be at tt'ing, and if your RL is EU, then plz look better what you tt it.

losing 30k by one click is hard, .... but also you can get 30k by just one click.
LIFE; RL or EU is allways risky, and some time you los or some time you winn.

maybe we shuld not try to life only from eu! eu is much risk. so is possible to lose 30k usd in 1 second!

if you like to life more secure, then maybe a RL job works better !:wise:

again: i feel sorry abouth that mistake!

hope you get it back, this is bad news indeed :(

do watever you have to do to get it back, if that means a quick trip over to MA HQ then so be it, dont give up

if you have a 30kusd item , and your RL can broke abouth this, if you los that item, why you put then the item in tt.....
we have a list of the items you be at tt'ing, and if your RL is EU, then plz look better what you tt it.

losing 30k by one click is hard, .... but also you can get 30k by just one click.
LIFE; RL or EU is allways risky, and some time you los or some time you winn.

maybe we shuld not try to life only from eu! eu is much risk. so is possible to lose 30k usd in 1 second!

if you like to life more secure, then maybe a RL job works better !:wise:

again: i feel sorry abouth that mistake!

Of course its a stupid thing to do, but I totally see no reason why the item should not be returned. Nobody is being harmed by it. Rules should not be followed because they are rules, but because of an underlying reason. If the the issue at hand totally outweighs this underlying reason, the rule should not be enforced.

Well, we all know how INDIVIDUAL ma handles each case...far away frome same rights for everyone.

Some might have 2nd Avas, some might not, some get their items back, some dont, some get a memorial, some even have their dead gf.s Ava deleted.

But if you want to complain, all you can do is, sending a supportcase that mostly doesn't get answered unless yo have problems with depositing...

EULA we must obey, but there is lot of room for interpretations...

We are customers and maybe we should be treated a bit more as...so, its not a big deal for ma to give that item back, and well, charge ppl. for such a service, otherwise ppl. will ask for theit TT'ed oil after they found a seller who would pay 10 ped markup...

Status
Back