a 30000$ mistake

Status
Conclusion
MA is happy that it will not have to pay you that 30000$ when you decide to leave the game.

I HOPE I AM WRONG !
MA PLEASE TELL ME I AM WRONG !

GL JEFF :)

MA really needs to step up and do somthing to prove this statement wrong. As far as I can see, this is the only plausible explaination for this "New Policy" of no returns.

There have been many very simple and effective ideas presented in this thread that would solve the problem. If MA doesn't step up then we should all step out. I CAN SEE AN ISSUE LIKE THIS LEADING TO A LOT OF SUDDEN WITHDRAWLS. A few close friends of mine have all but quit already because of this exact problem. A virutal economy can grow at light speed. Unfortunaly, it can also crash just as fast with the smallest catalyst.

]<iller
~DS~

if you have a 30kusd item , and your RL can broke abouth this, if you los that item, why you put then the item in tt.....
we have a list of the items you be at tt'ing, and if your RL is EU, then plz look better what you tt it.

losing 30k by one click is hard, .... but also you can get 30k by just one click.
LIFE; RL or EU is allways risky, and some time you los or some time you winn.

maybe we shuld not try to life only from eu! eu is much risk. so is possible to lose 30k usd in 1 second!

if you like to life more secure, then maybe a RL job works better !:wise:

again: i feel sorry abouth that mistake!

That mistake was anticipated.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...les-button-available-limited-period-time.html
follow the link and see. The reason for that mistake is pour design. So taking them to court will win the case. Is not the first time someone can get items or value lost in a game by taking the producer to court. So from a player point of view, I want the problem solved cheapest for all... and that would be by returning the item back. Going in court will make MA lose the case, because many will testify for the victim and EULA will fall apart with a good lawyer. And 30k$ can pay for a good lawyer that can get back money for causing so much stress... I would not want to pay for MA trials when I know they will eventually lose them. And as a participant in EU I am aware that we are the ones paying for that.

gezz mate... i can't still believe!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
I can't say i know how it is... the max i TT'd by mistake it was 1k of ME and i got damn pissed.. that was 2$ by then... if i did that by mistake... 30k$ I would jump down a bridge!!!
I'm so sorry for your lost mate... and I sincerly hope you get it back.. that is worth way more than all the mistakes I heard here together!

Come on MA give this guy his amp back! everyone makes mistakes but this has cost a damn lot!!

Hope you get it back... If not i am sure everyone will spam MA with support cases for a long time for u .. Best wishes

Next VU, instead getting like an item lock flag, we will probably get a confirmation for the confirmation...

"Are you sure?"

then

"Are you really really sure?" Hold cntrl and click OK

sometime around VU 12.0

"Are you really really super duper sure?" Hold cntrl, pat your head, rub your belly and click OK

feel for you man.... I think I lost a good gun once...but it when it happened, I could not pin down.... I think I TTed it. I could have had wires crossed too...and forgot I sold it or something (sometimes the brain is against me)...anyhow MA was helpful...but we could not track down the logs of the event happening...so as far as they could tell...I never had the gun in the first place....and made me wonder if they thought I was trying to scam them. Anyhow, I can relate to about 10% of what you are going through.

Hope it works out man.

Maybe what MA needs to do is Deny your request, and then toss you one in your loot ;) "unofficially".

... The rules are made up by MA and they can do whatever they want with them. Bend, break, enforce, its up to them.

i think what Tussi is trying to say is, you should change the rules to build flexibility in to them, not break them ad hoc. inconsistant rules and laws are nothing we are willing to accept irl (people have fought over the issue), why should they be so here?

i hope Joe gets the amp back, but only along side a change of policy. it would appal me if the rule was applied differently according to value or items, basically would be saying if you are rich the rules dont apply to you. They should of course implement something simple to prevent this from happening - a small universal attachment as someone suggested would be an excellent and very easy solution.

I knew exactly what happened just by the title of this post m8. I'm VERY sorry to hear this :(. MA has recently adopted the no return policy due to some idiots that used to do this sort of thing when they were low on PEDS with high end items (knowing they could just claim it as a mistake and get the item back later). This isn't a high tt item and I'm sure you didn't need any PEDS badly enough to foolishly risk something so expensive.

I'm kind of torn internally on this matter as I definitely think you deserve your item back since its value is so great and it is obviously a mistake. The reason I'm having trouble with this is I know that Casay lost an item into the tt about 6 months ago and MA didn't return it. It wasn't as significant as this item in price but it wasn't tt food either. Although your item is VASTLY more valuable than her item was, hers was enough to lean her from the midway point of quitting to being out of Entropia for good.

Having said this, I'd still want my Mod Fap back if I tt'd it and think that any colonist tt'ing stuff of such a high value deserves a grace period on retrieving it. Prices have gotten so insanely high that these items are far too valuable to just vanish into thin air. It is like taking your car to the mechanic and having them hand you back 1 tire after they're done repairing it simply because you brought it in when you were sleepy.

I hope that you get your item back Jeff. I'll try to help as best I can as well (calling them after the weekend is the best bet).

Good luck and godspeed.

This was bound to happen to someone sooner or later, ideal scenario would be
that they change their policy based on this unfortunate event, and that
they'd ask for a small fee to get your item back. The new policy leaves
a foul stench, and one of the quickest ways to lose all trust in MA.

hey I really hope u get you're item back , I will fill a support case
good luck
Alexander

As someone mantioned, take it to court in the worst case cenario! Fuck MA, what a pice of craprule this is, f*cktards! But it just shows what a bunch of morons you are.

Hope youre will have the Amp back Jeff, or else i hope that MA will have a living hell around them.

you will get it back i'm quiet certain about it.

oh well mistakes happen and it's always nice when ppl can undo a mistake

and i believe MA will

sucks u have to wait for a while for it tho anywayz gl

i think what Tussi is trying to say is, you should change the rules to build flexibility in to them, not break them ad hoc. inconsistant rules and laws are nothing we are willing to accept irl (people have fought over the issue), why should they be so here?

I agree, but until they are changed it should be possible to break or bend them. IRL the law also works like that in many cases. Well, maybe its a typically dutch thing, we have a couple of laws that are not enforced. Or at least not that active.

But what happends when the autobalancer put the oa-105 back into the lootpool and somebody loots it? Would they still give it back?

I do wish Jeff the best of luck in getting his item back and am interested to see what happens.

I polled my society recently and asked if they read the items list when they TT things and almost all of them said no. I was certainly the minority but I always lay my items out non overlapped and when it is items like armor, faps, weapons that I am tting I read every line in the list to make sure I am not making a mistake. May be a bit anal but the few seconds it takes has saved me from tting the wrong fap a few times.

It is like taking your car to the mechanic and having them hand you back 1 tire after they're done repairing it simply because you brought it in when you were sleepy.

I would agree with this analogy if he was using the repair terminal and he was repairing his amp and did not get it back, but it was the trade terminal he was using.

It is more like taking your car to the car lot and saying buy my car. The car lot owner puts a piece of paper in front of you and says are you sure. You confirm and say yes, take the money and walk away. Then you realize you did not really want to sell it.

epic_fail.jpg

i hope you get back your amp :\

Last edited:
It would be interesting if someone who knows a popular gaming or tech writer contacted them to do a story about this.

I think many in the industry would be interested in a story about how valuable virtual items can be. In addition, it would add publicity to the story and perhaps help out the owner.

There have been several articles written about Entropia players - perhaps one of them could contact the writer and say, 'Hey, I've got a good story for you.'

But what happends when the autobalancer put the oa-105 back into the lootpool and somebody loots it? Would they still give it back?

lucky loter then :)

Ohhhh I really feel for you :(

I hope that MA will see their way for you to get it back (even if you have to wait a long time for them to do so)

I keep my fingers crossed they do

thx for the kind words .. the pms i have gotten .. not sure its usefull, but somebody is gonna give me phone numbers of david and justin from MA that are at convention atm.. so ill try to call just to actually do something and see if they can help me out .. iam just sitting here phoning suport repeaditly and its not answering nor my support case too, not that i expect a answer in 3hour after i did this mistake for sure but iam pretty much nervous ..

since i think the item should be gone for good.

Sorry for you loss, but the rules have to cover all of us or this world is doomed.
Welcome to the club of people who tt'ed stuff by accident.

Tussi

PS: I'm all in for motiviting MA to put in an automated way to recover stuff accidently tt'ed as long as the 'gimme back' is within a reasonable timeframe (eg. 3 hours online time for the avatar since item sold), isn't for free (eg. you'll have to pay full tt but get it back with tt=0) and works only for stuff with a condition bar. So you would have a chance to get back the OA by being offline until this is implemented.

when some people are broke, they tt items for peds, if they profit with that money, then stinkin thinkin says, "let me write support and get my item back and say i ttd it by mistake".. this is why that rule was made, to avoid lying scumbags that ruin it for the honest folks..

there is an exception to every rule and rules are made to be broken, i am not quite sure how or why you could even say, it should be gone for good... do i have the honor of reading a post from a person that never makes mistakes?, or are you just close minded and you have no idea what he is going through, nor will you even consider putting yourself in his shoes..

why dont you support this guy in getting his item back, rather than making it ok for him not too!!!! what is wrong with you fucking people

thx for the kind words .. the pms i have gotten .. not sure its usefull, but somebody is gonna give me phone numbers of david and justin from MA that are at convention atm.. so ill try to call just to actually do something and see if they can help me out .. iam just sitting here phoning suport repeaditly and its not answering nor my support case too, not that i expect a answer in 3hour after i did this mistake for sure but iam pretty much nervous ..

all the best and gl

if you get it back i will call ma for scammers for i now meny ther haw lost itimes in tt i haw lost 2 A105 laser amps and i cant get them back what so ever

ok thats only 4500 peds to day bud stil its ther pricip in it no returns what so ever if you tt it what ma told me and haw written all places so i lev whit my loos ther and i now a lot ther do ther sam

its you owen foult you lost it its not ma or ény other in pe

btw..is it $30,000 or 30,000 PEDs?

US Dollar...

Although your item is VASTLY more valuable than her item was, hers was enough to lean her from the midway point of quitting to being out of Entropia for good.

Exactly !
I know of someone who wanted to deposit ~6000 ped to buy something.
Then he tted an item worth just ~500 ped and that made him think that if it can happen again with that 6000 ped item then it's not worth the risk to deposit.

And he is still a nondepositor lol.

Sorry for your loss... Mistakes are part of being human... With the new policy from MA and the new window to see what you have in the TT window... I don't know that you'll get you item back...

I know that you are a well respected, loyal EU player... and maybe MA will make an exception... Just gotta be more careful at the TT :better:

Best Wishes...

if ma givs it back its a scamm to a lot other pepols in pe ther haw don that

and that woden be fair and all itimes ar only the tt pric worf for ma and others its the players the set ther pric after that and what ther wont to giv for it

so its lik 200 peds loos

my amps cut haw ben up in 10000000000 peds and stil i woden get them back
for ther tt on that is just a litel amount

Damn dude, I hope they realize that such big mistakes can't be final....

if you get it back i will call ma for scammers for i now meny ther haw lost itimes in tt i haw lost 2 A105 laser amps and i cant get them back what so ever

ok thats only 4500 peds to day bud stil its ther pricip in it no returns what so ever if you tt it what ma told me and haw written all places so i lev whit my loos ther and i now a lot ther do ther sam

its you owen foult you lost it its not ma or ény other in pe

are you actually comparing tting a 30k item to a scammer??? that is reaching, even for you!!!

first of all MA has already given back high end items ttd by accident...

not giving tt'd items back is not something new, it has been the rule the last 4 years i played.....after they changed tt and stated (AGAIN) items will no longer be returned, obviously it has made people think twice...... but shit happens!!!!!... .MA has more sympathy and compassion than some players here...there is something seriously wrong with that!!!!

hang in there, you will get your item back

Status
Back