Virtual World Entropia Universe Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Enhanced Visuals for Game Play

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Virtual World Entropia Universe Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Enhanced Visuals for Game Play

Aug 19, 2008 12:07 ET

GOTHENBURG, SWEDEN--(Marketwire - August 19, 2008) -

Entropia Universe (www.entropiauniverse.com), the award-winning 3D online virtual universe for interactive entertainment, social networking, and e-commerce, today announced that Entropia Universe will be part of NVIDIA's "The Way It's Meant to Be Played" program, which ensures consumers of the highest quality gaming experience when running NVIDIA® GeForce® graphics hardware inside their PC.

As a result of joining the "The Way It's Meant to Be Played" program, NVIDIA will work closely with Mindark, developer of Entropia Universe, to enhance the visual effects within the game. By taking advantage of the latest technologies offered by GeForce GPUs, and the implementation of the Crytek® engine to the Entropia Universe platform set to launch later this summer, gamers will experience an immersive, exciting online experience.

"We are thrilled to be working with NVIDIA and look forward to a prosperous future together," said David Simmonds, Business Development Director of Mindark, developer of Entropia Universe. "The expertise that the NVIDIA team has to offer is so valuable to us as we strive to continually provide the best gaming experience for our players."

In addition, NVIDIA is offering Mindark thirty GeForce 9800 GT GPU-based graphic cards, which will be put into select Entropia Universe loots for players to scavenge during their online exploits.

Originally posted here

Bah, so now we will have to pay for overpriced nvidia shit to run EU at fullest? just great :mad:

Edit: it's like good and bad news joke today..

Nice, keep the good companys coming. NVIDIA should really be a good support for the new graphix. Good work MA.

Bertha Bot said:
In addition, NVIDIA is offering Mindark thirty GeForce 9800 GT GPU-based graphic cards, which will be put into select Entropia Universe loots for players to scavenge during their online exploits.

o_O!!!! LETS GO HUNTIN!

thank <insert deity name here> that MindArk doesn't yet partner with Microsoft.

/me heads out to loot a new graphic-card!

Bah...why not ATI? Always worked just fine for me. And the big get bigger.

I just had to add though that`s great news and an even better idea to put them in loot. Gee I might be the perfect recipient...a potential convert! nudge nudge wink wink

Last edited:
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I Want one !!

very exiting to have this kind of stuff lootable

Damn... I allready go the GTX...

I guess we might see some, Selling GeForce 9800 GT @ Boxes :D

Some nice publicity with this one while convention is on.

But i like it and must be awesome to loot one :)

Didn't someone actually suggest graphics cards in loot a while ago?

Nice ;)

hehe nice :) very nice WTG mindark and nividia :) hope we'll see some happy looters :)

Aug 19, 2008 12:07 ET

GOTHENBURG, SWEDEN--(Marketwire - August 19, 2008) -

........................and the implementation of the Crytek® engine to the Entropia Universe platform set to launch later this summer, gamers will experience an immersive, exciting online experience.

Originally posted here

If this "summer" gets much later it'll be winter..................

Nice idea about the graphics cards tho.....................

Anybody noticed this? :)

Today is 19 of August... so when? :rolleyes:

My only question is when?

Last edited:
ACE nice one MA,, nvidia's backing cant be anything but a very big plus bonus. another good step.

things can only get better,

end of September before we see cryengine.

Bots must drop teh cards ? :dunno:

Ooo .. IRL stuff in loot, and useful things also :yay:

Wtg MA. Nvidia are really strong allie, now we soon might get some real good graphics experience from EU. :wtg:

I'd like to think that will never ever happen but Jan (MA CEO) is smart enough to not hold grudges i think too. If MA could put EU on the XBOX 360 that would benefit us all. As much as MA has reason (big court case against them) to hate Micro$oft.

If this "summer" gets much later it'll be winter..................

Yea to me summer ends first week of September when my kid goes back to school.

I'd like to think that will never ever happen but Jan (MA CEO) is smart enough to not hold grudges i think too. If MA could put EU on the XBOX 360 that would benefit us all. As much as MA has reason (big court case against them) to hate Micro$oft.

Yea to me summer ends first week of September when my kid goes back to school.

Well, officially summer ends on September 21st. Should we consider this as a deadline? ;)

way cool that they drop Graphic cards! :) and ofcourse all the rest..
and as said before, this summer shouldn't get much later ;) but i'll wait paitently and hope/dream to get a graphic card in the loot :)

Well, officially summer ends on September 21st. Should we consider this as a deadline? ;)

well i you would have thought that the grads would have all been looted and given out before the engine gets released so it would make sense that the release date would be near thsi time.

Makes me want to go hunt. :yay:

sure someone would have pointed this out by now - but as i am on a crappy PC it takes forever to load a full page... :D

Microsoft sued MA some time ago for running a load of MS products unlicensed.. MA won the court case after proving it all to be a load of crap by Microsoft, but I doubt they would be eager to jump into bed with them any time soon ;)

:yay: More great news with Mindark!!

:wtg: WTG David & Crew!!

the implementation of the Crytek® engine to the Entropia Universe platform set to launch later this summer

Yeah, it's already August 19th. The summer doesn't last much longer people... I don't know what kinda seasons they got over there in Sweden, but round here you only have about a month left

Great, more awesome loots to drop in SEGs and Daspletors and the like. Wonderful plan by MA to give the cards to people that can afford it on their own anyways... :rolleyes:

Back