Virtual World Entropia Universe Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Enhanced Visuals for Game Play

good stuff! hope its this summer.

GeForce 9800 GT lol.. ok i dont want to loot one :p

i havent read every post but it dosenmatter, Becouse ATI will always be better. And with all those new graffic cards and newest technology my guess is that all new card will drive this game on max settings both Nvidia and ATH has suport too drive multiple graffic cards Nvidia has SLI and ATI have crossfire so this is just emty news in my ears,,, ;)

I like the sounds of this :)
i hope we get more partnerships that lead to special loots.

thank <insert deity name here> that MindArk doesn't yet partner with Microsoft.

there was talk of EU being bought out by Microsoft a couple of years ago. Then Microsoft backed out and tried to go after SL but they eventually gave up.
Anyway good news with the nividia partnership. Probably the most respected graphics group out there.

there was talk of EU being bought out by Microsoft a couple of years ago. Then Microsoft backed out and tried to go after SL but they eventually gave up.

unless i missed something u'r wrong :confused:

M$ didnt want to buy MA, they were suing them.

Here :

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-1783918/MindArk-offices-raid-by-70.html

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6121252.html

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/2002/06/53534

just google "Microsoft Mindark" u'll get much more

Good Partnershp MA. I am impressed.

i havent read every post but it dosenmatter, Becouse ATI will always be better. And with all those new graffic cards and newest technology my guess is that all new card will drive this game on max settings both Nvidia and ATH has suport too drive multiple graffic cards Nvidia has SLI and ATI have crossfire so this is just emty news in my ears,,, ;)

If you want most bang for the :twocents: yes then ati is the best, but if you want the best raw power and dont care about money nvidia is the best and most likely will continue to be. And nope cryengine2 cant be run on max with the latest cards, atleast not unless you want a good fps. You get around perhaps 30 fps with everything maxed and even in sli you wont get much more. 30 fps is fully playable though. But then again no game using cryengine at the moment has used everything the engine can do.

If you want most bang for the :twocents: yes then ati is the best, but if you want the best raw power and dont care about money nvidia is the best and most likely will continue to be. And nope cryengine2 cant be run on max with the latest cards, atleast not unless you want a good fps. You get around perhaps 30 fps with everything maxed and even in sli you wont get much more. 30 fps is fully playable though. But then again no game using cryengine at the moment has used everything the engine can do.

4870x2 from Ati is the current king of the gfx cards.

I don't want this to turn into a shit slinging competition. Just stating facts.;)

Hell yes I wanna loot a Geforce!

Bets on wether they will be in hunting, mining, or crafting nao.

4870x2 from Ati is the current king of the gfx cards.

I don't want this to turn into a shit slinging competition. Just stating facts.;)

it sort of depends on how you look at it though and also if you mean the x2 one well that's like doh it's 2 cards in one so not comparable to one gtx 280. when nvidia release their gtx 280x2 i bet it will kick ati's butt again.

ATI currently being best bang for the buck (or vice versa) is for the casual gamer, if you are a hardcore 8-12 hours a day gamer, then you are better off paying premium for the top cards, as over a 2 year period time (which is considered the time owners keep their cards before getting a new) you would have spent more money in electricity than you saved by buying a "value card", you rarely see this put into the equation when pointing out the best value for money cards.

Those value cards uses maybe 20-40 watts more, that equals having a 30 watts bulb running for 10 hours a day for 2 years, which cost money in electricity.

Electricity in Denmark where I live is expensive, especially in Copenhagen that gets their power from DONG, ouch :(

Virtual World Entropia Universe Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Enhanced Visuals for Game Play

Aug 19, 2008 12:07 ET

GOTHENBURG, SWEDEN--(Marketwire - August 19, 2008) -

Entropia Universe (www.entropiauniverse.com), the award-winning 3D online virtual universe for interactive entertainment, social networking, and e-commerce, today announced that Entropia Universe will be part of NVIDIA's "The Way It's Meant to Be Played" program, which ensures consumers of the highest quality gaming experience when running NVIDIA® GeForce® graphics hardware inside their PC.

As a result of joining the "The Way It's Meant to Be Played" program, NVIDIA will work closely with Mindark, developer of Entropia Universe, to enhance the visual effects within the game. By taking advantage of the latest technologies offered by GeForce GPUs, and the implementation of the Crytek® engine to the Entropia Universe platform set to launch later this summer, gamers will experience an immersive, exciting online experience.

"We are thrilled to be working with NVIDIA and look forward to a prosperous future together," said David Simmonds, Business Development Director of Mindark, developer of Entropia Universe. "The expertise that the NVIDIA team has to offer is so valuable to us as we strive to continually provide the best gaming experience for our players."

In addition, NVIDIA is offering Mindark thirty GeForce 9800 GT GPU-based graphic cards, which will be put into select Entropia Universe loots for players to scavenge during their online exploits.

Originally posted here

Good show MindArk,

Another positive partner to add to the growing list to strength the market position of Entropia Universe & MindArk.

Please let us all know from which official point in time the generous Nvidia gifts shall be distributed into the universe.

Thankyou,
Sparkz

PLEASE PLEASE tell me Mindark is not going to pull the same bullshit my last game did and support only NSHITTYA graphics cards.

I have yet to try a NSHITTYA card that worked right in any system I have made. Hell 90% of the time they dont even light up the monitor to set em up. They just sit there getting hot.

I have tried using them in Asus bds, pcchips bds among other lesser named ones. I have tried em with intell procs and amd procs I have tried both AGP and PCI versions and THEY NEVER WORK remotely at a usable point.

If MA are going to do that and go support just NSHIITYA for Crytropia ask them to let me loot alot of ESI cause that would DEFINATELY be the last straw.

implementation of the Crytek® engine to the Entropia Universe platform set to launch later this summer

what ?
summer

according to wikipedia :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer

"summer begins on 1 May and ends 31 July"

so why am i not playing crytopia yet ?

on topic good news for nvidia gpu gamers like me , nice to know MA are working together with the developers to make it smooth for me :)

edit : i play on laptops any chance of teaming with alienware so i can get one of them ? would be silly or me to get a fat gfx card that didn't plug into my inspiron's usb port ;)

thaught kudos to MA weee irl stuff i could sell that on to my socmates for ped :)

Last edited:
From a popular culture point of view, in the United States summer season, is often considered to begin at the Memorial Day weekend (the last Monday in May) and end at the Labor Day weekend (the first Monday in September).

Other parts of the world see it differently.

According to astrology summer is June 21 to September 23 :wise:

well come october the 1st i expect to be playing crytopia in that case i expect.
els :mad:

btw if that is the case i expect that the GC at lepzig should have cryengien 2 entropia prevues on display as they are about to release it ;)

well come october the 1st i expect to be playing crytopia in that case i expect.
els :mad:

btw if that is the case i expect that the GC at lepzig should have cryengien 2 entropia prevues on display as they are about to release it ;)

That was my thought too, but looking at 711's pics, I don't see anything showing anything. :(

i have one but will happily loot another sli heaven as graphic shit hot now imagine 2 cards ,drollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

{DELETED QUOTE}

Nazbrat your optimism continues to shine as brightly as the north star.

\sarcasm

Last edited by a moderator:
implementation of the Crytek® engine to the Entropia Universe platform set to launch later this summer
Looks like it's going to be a long summer here in Sweden.....

Back