FYI: a new contest up in LONGU land!, u can DOULBE ur globals/hof, HUGH rewards!

dekel

Prowler
Society
RELICS
ruthless NZR tony demanoe
:yay:i am pround to annouce my NEW contest!:yay:

map.JPG

land stats:
tax: mining: 1% !
hunting: 3.9%
maturity: domis-alphas
density: 2 maxed DNAs.

it goes like this!
u hunt longus on OLA#6,
for every global that has all same digits in its valiue,! u get exactly the same amount back in peds !
for example
111 peds global, will win u 111 peds reward. (this is the minimum global that enters this competition) (99 wont work)
33333 peds HOF, will get u 33333 peds reward! (this is the MAXIMUM amount of peds u can win)

anything in between.... 111,222,333,4444,11111.....33333 double the valiue !
how to get the money ?
post a screen shot, including date and coords. and i will contact u to reward u the price.
POST THE SCREENSHOT maximum of 24 hours after it was taken!

GOOD LUCK! :D and have fun

btw, longus also drop T10's which sells for 200% :D so mostly, u allready get a double global valiue ;P

atm the contest is only for HUNTING, but as a compensation i DROPED mining tax to only 1%!, yes yes, 1 % on a land that has dunkel in it !

Think I will have to visit :D

Sounds nice ;)

What are the chances of getting a global/hof with the first 3 digits the same (or more) ?

Must be near on impossible? Or should I say, not probable?

Interesting all the same, may visit the la, or watch this thread to see if it can be done often (I guess once is enough)

:D

The chances of a 3 digit global having the same 3 digits is... 9 in 999. :p

2X 333, hofs are on the list today ;P

so i guess chances arent that impossible :)

The chances of a 3 digit global having the same 3 digits is... 9 in 999. :p

Well, 9 in 900 really since 1-99 isn't 3-digit. So I'd guess about 1 in 200 globals will qualify, assuming about half of globals to be above 100 PED.

2X 333, hofs are on the list today ;P

so i guess chances arent that impossible :)

On this la in question? On this particular mob? :eek:

Really?

These are the 'chance's' I was talking of.

900 hunter's are going to hit that la then are they, or does it matter (Jimmy help lol) all you would need is 900 hunters all hitting the same mob all over the planet, but then you 'might' just be that 1 in the right la that get a the 3 digit number?

Or, it would have to be 9 in 900, on that specific la, on that mob?

Or just in general, 9 in 900 hunters, get the 3 digits.

Okidoki, thats me all confused lol :laugh:

Well yes, its 900 really as jimmy pointed out.

My point was that basically you can look at loot as a random number generator (this is what MA claims more or less anyway). 111 is no less likely to 'hit' than 146 is, not nobody would ever say 'there will never be a global of 146!'. Its our minds playing tricks on us that makes it seem less likely.

1-2-3-4-5-6 is just as likely to be the daily lottery numbers as any other combination, but I bet nobody plays it because 'that can never come up!!!!111'.

Now... is 999 /really/ as likely as 163, or 111, logically I would say no because there are more smaller loots than bigger ones. But 999 is no less likely than, say, 984 I would bet.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to work on dj's first suggestion. Got any leads? xD

Reactions: dj.

My point was that basically you can look at loot as a random number generator (this is what MA claims more or less anyway). 111 is no less likely to 'hit' than 146 is, not nobody would ever say 'there will never be a global of 146!'. Its our minds playing tricks on us that makes it seem less likely.

1-2-3-4-5-6 is just as likely to be the daily lottery numbers as any other combination, but I bet nobody plays it because 'that can never come up!!!!111'.

Now... is 999 /really/ as likely as 163, or 111, logically I would say no because there are more smaller loots than bigger ones. But 999 is no less likely than, say, 984 I would bet.

Ahh well, some people dont understand maths, see number's like other's do, not me anyway, how on earth can 1-2-3-4-5-6 come up on the lottery? :scratch2:

I cant see how that is just as possible as the other random number's, for a start they all follow correctly after one another.. SURELY the chances of that have to be greater than the any other set of 6 number's? :scratch2:

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to work on dj's first suggestion. Got any leads? xD

When I played the lottery I used to use 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 :)

I only did it for about 2 months though, and stopped because the average RoI is even worse than Entropia :laugh:

Ahh well, some people dont understand maths, see number's like other's do, not me anyway, how on earth can 1-2-3-4-5-6 come up on the lottery? :scratch2:

I cant see how that is just as possible as the other random number's, for a start they all follow correctly after one another.. SURELY the chances of that have to be greater than the any other set of 6 number's? :scratch2:

Any combination of 6 numbers is equally likely.

In the UK National Lottery (where the numbers are 1-49) there are something like 17 million possible combinations, so there's approximately a 1 in 17 million of hitting the right combination.

1-2-3-4-5-6 will come up with a probability of 1 in 17m
26-12-8-5-32-2 will come up with a probability of 1 in 17m
7-8-9-10-11-12 will come up with a probability of 1 in 17m

I won't list the other combinations, the post would be too long :)

You only THINK 1-2-3-4-5-6 is more unlikely because our counting system happens to put those numbers in that order at the beginning.

Think about this - say you put stickers on all the balls so they had random different numbers. If 1-2-3-4-5-6 were now labelled 26-12-8-5-32-2, how would that affect the chances of pulling them out?

bah who cares about the math, it's possible thats fine for me.. gonna slaughter some longu when i get home >;P

I think it's greater than 1/200 due to the distribution of globals values. I also think longu are a good mob to get 111 on :)

Fun comp!

Had to try that land, don't think i have ever been there. On my 5th mob i got 112 ped so close :D
btw shouldn't this post be in event? i had really hard time finding it again :/

HEHEHEH :)
well, intersting discussion u guys got here i must admit :)

well, maybe i should move it to event section ? dont know, here seems better :) but who knows.

so now i wait to see how is the first to win :), btw from my own experiance, i had quite a few same digit hofs in my times as a hunter (few years ago)

so yeah, techincally 112, is as rare as 111 :)

beside, MAYBE ma decide to mess with me :p and only drop 33333 from my longus;P

Any combination of 6 numbers is equally likely.

In the UK National Lottery (where the numbers are 1-49) there are something like 17 million possible combinations, so there's approximately a 1 in 17 million of hitting the right combination.

1-2-3-4-5-6 will come up with a probability of 1 in 17m
26-12-8-5-32-2 will come up with a probability of 1 in 17m
7-8-9-10-11-12 will come up with a probability of 1 in 17m

I won't list the other combinations, the post would be too long :)

You only THINK 1-2-3-4-5-6 is more unlikely because our counting system happens to put those numbers in that order at the beginning.

Think about this - say you put stickers on all the balls so they had random different numbers. If 1-2-3-4-5-6 were now labelled 26-12-8-5-32-2, how would that affect the chances of pulling them out?

Nicely put. I particularly like the sticker way of explaining it at the end.

14m combinations btw not 17m.

I think it's greater than 1/200 due to the distribution of globals values. I also think longu are a good mob to get 111 on :)

Fun comp!

I agree, didn't mention it for the sake of keeping the discussion simple. I guess perhaps we can say that more than 0.5% of globals on the LA will qualify and less than 1%.

Let's get falkao on the case :D

Or perhaps Rayne Jade - how many WoF globals were Susans?

lol :D

So far they didn't make 777 drop on the Rumble in the Jungle LAs so you're probably safe :)

I would be very suprised if a longu dropped above 30k, ever. (ofc...beforehthis comp ends...they *could* be adjusted :D)
Might drop 22222, no more ;)

I would be very suprised if a longu dropped above 30k, ever. (ofc...beforehthis comp ends...they *could* be adjusted :D)
Might drop 22222, no more ;)

True, but like you say, Longus could easily one day turn into bigger HP, faster regeneration mobs.

For the record, 1,2,3,4,5,6 is a very bad combination of lottery numbers, solely because so many people play it, if they came up you would be sharing your million pounds between maybe a thousand players:(

Longu hunting tonight then.......

Stinky :yay:

Anyhoo, thats a great explanation Oleg, thanx :wtg:

Think I may go and give this la/event a go, will be somewhat interesting/exciting and somewhat frustrating to see the amount of my globals :D

14m combinations btw not 17m.

Thanks Jimmy, I was going from my memory of when I worked it out many years ago. I think I'll still stay away from the lottey :)

Good luck with the event btw, I forgot to say that when I got distracted by the maths :)

errrr, dont forget 55, 66, 77, 88, 99,
he didnt say eclusively 3 digits he said any global or hof

or am i wrong here?

yup they are right, lowest amount is 111 :)
no fun the in the 2 digit numbers :)

so come on guys, who is the first winner :D?

Well apparently there were 14 Susan's (113 PED global) in WoF 2008 and 3511 globals.

So I think we can guess from that about 0.4% (1 in 250) of globals will be 111 PED.

so come on guys, who is the first winner :D?

Think I saw dj getting close to 111 and 222 last night, but no cigar :D

Why not add 99 too, make another target hehe.

come on guys ;P i saw some 112, 113 ;P ur all close :)

first to get it will get a another 10% of his global valiue :)

come on guys ;P i saw some 112, 113 ;P ur all close :)

first to get it will get a another 10% of his global valiue :)

I am currently sulking :laugh:

My loot was good there though!!! :thumbup:

I should at least say that!! :wtg:

BUT.. there's only so many times I can global, look at message and say 'bollox' in one night!! :rofl:

Back