Uber fingers - How do they do that ?

Should MA build an auto printscreen with time & location stamp?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
How do people manage to get the date, time and location stamp on a printscreen when they get a global?

I'm wondering it requires someone pressing letters u, then p, then for printscreen. Three letters. Do they have uber fingers?

When i get a global I jump up from my chair and do a lap of honour around the room by the time I sit back down its all gone :)

Sometimes when I am careful I manage to press the printscreen button and catch the golden swirlies...I have seen other peoples global screens and they have the swirlies and date time stamp on ....absolutely amazing I say gratz to all who can manage to do this :yay:

ok my wishlist not surprising would be for MA to build in a feature that when you get a global it automatically places date, time, location even does printscreen saved into a folder you have designated with the date time stamp in the filename. Now wouldn't that be a cool feature ? then i can do a few lap of honours around room and still have print screen he he ...

I so totally agree! I even stay out of events just because I cant be sure to post a screen as proof... :)

Hehe, you do have to be quick to get it :) When you've got a few more globals behind you, you won't jump up and down every single time :laugh:

On the other hand, I haven't managed to get the swirlies on any of my 4 HoFs, even though the last one was a set-up Killing Spree HoF and I knew it was going to happen :laugh:

Aye. T'should be a built in feature.

As it is now it's either very tedious.:(

Nice idea :)

I must have uber fingers. But not really. The global animation goes on for a few seconds.

More than enough time to hit C and P and then PrtScn

You get used to it, particularly in bit team hunts on event mobs (usually the sorts of situation that require and time and position stamp).

When I mentioned to one of the guides the lack of a screenshot feature in Entropia, I was informed I should use FRAPS :rolleyes:

Prnt Scrn and Windows Paint it is until 2009 then. :(

Yes and how do you know that works? After any VU and all?
Wouldn't it be better it was built in?

Well because its worked ever since it was released :scratch2:

The few times it has had issues they've been fixed quicker than MA fixes things thats for sure.

Dont get me wrong,Built in would be great but until then the OP has everything they asked for in Autoscreen.

Yes and how do you know that works? After any VU and all?
Wouldn't it be better it was built in?

it works by taking a pic whenever the sound file for a HOF or Global is played... it will always work

you can set the delay time you like, you can tell it what sound file to look for to trigger it, you can have it only take HOF pics if u like.... just give it a shot.

it works by taking a pic whenever the sound file for a HOF or Global is played... it will always work

you can set the delay time you like, you can tell it what sound file to look for to trigger it, you can have it only take HOF pics if u like.... just give it a shot.

Yes I do have it. But I always forget to start it... :)
And I hate to have 1000's of programs run in Autostart.

I use the autoscreen program, but it would still be a nice feature to have implemented in EU.

It sounds great!

I hope I can overcome my paranoia and use this software.:ahh:

Autoscreen is very nice, but be aware that it will take a pic if someone near you happens to global or HOF such as when crafting in busy location.

When I mentioned to one of the guides the lack of a screenshot feature in Entropia, I was informed I should use FRAPS :rolleyes:

there are autoscreen, peass that automaticly puts a screenshot to its folder.. even NRF does that.. so no use for paint always..
my personal favorite is the PEAss coz of the few other things it has.. like calc.. dont need to open the windows calc always or use phone..

i dont usually need to take the position and time so its just simple to press that print screen..

YourMom and I have between us many hundreds of global screenies, perhaps thousands, all of them captured by fraps, no date time, and it IS still a manual manuever, but i set up my + button on my numeric pad right next to my mouse as the capture button and i almost never miss.....just a thought :)

I use PEass and a logitec G15 keyboard. I´ve macroed prtscr, p, and u to one button.

I use fraps, set up on F10.

Takes a split second to hit c+p+F10

When i get a global I jump up from my chair and do a lap of honour around the room by the time I sit back down its all gone :)

Perhaps move your computer to a smaller room :scratch2:

Other than that, quite a good idea ;)

S V :)

When you join event's once in a while you get used to it. I use autoscreen but not on automatic, because i don't need screens when someone next to me is crafting.

I always get my swirlies and p+c in time, goes automatic when you do it enough. Sometimes i even get p+c on non event screens lol.

What's wrong with Fraps?

I don't want any software to do the work for me, I want to do it manually. It does become kind of a reflex after a while. When you know you get a global, the finger just flies to PRNT Screen without thinking

I don't really like PEAss, the functions are good, but alot of my globals pictures that I took with PEass ( And I know they were saved because they were there for a while) disappeared:scratch2:. So I stopped using PEass and went back to using Paint :)

For those that really don't want to do it yourself, or want to be sure you get a picture of the global or HoF, should try out Auto Screen. ;)

-Tobi

Last edited:
What's wrong with Fraps?

Why should I need to use a third party program?

It's an omission in the same way as until the end of 2006 we were stuck with full screen and 1024 resolution.

Anyway, I hope they put a screen grab function in. Most modern game / MMORPG's have it.

Given there was a built-in auto-screen function, why do I believe MA will probably make me pay 2 PEC/shot to actually download it... :scratch2:

Last edited:
Would be nice to have it automatically in game, but would definitely have to put it in "options" and a way to turn it off!

Its very easy to get time and location onto the screen, just set your fingers above the keys you need to press, befor looting a dead animal ;)

Do any of these programs autosave the pic when you print screen?

thank you jod for the autoscreen link. I'l give that a try.

steveclark i think autoscreen will do everything for you and you don't even need to press print screen :) at least thats what we've been told I haven't tried it yet.

Having a intergrated program like this probably will come on day from ma. I personally would like to have a option other than 3rd party software or my ctrl+printscreen, open ifranview, and paste method. I know fraps is a option. Don't know why i do it the long way. I think dj above or someone mentioned macros on their keyboard :duh: I feel dumb for never using that feature :silly2:

Back