Question: What builds reputation in EU, in your eyes?

mmabigshow

Alpha
MMA Big Show
Let's face it, I've been slammed, crammed and beat down as a newbie on these forums. I consider it a rite of passage in a sense and it appears just about everyone has gone through it at some point.

If everyone new here goes through similar situations, what in your eyes decides whether you accept the person or want to castrate them?

This isn't about me, so let's not make it such. Generally speaking, what brings your walls down and lets you enjoy new members of the community?

Personally, I admire ambition and fortitude. People who do what they say they will do instead of just talking. I'm also won over by a humble attitude, the quiet type who knows plenty but keeps his mouth shut while listening and learning. I always strive to be like that but lets face it, I have a big mouth sometimes. heh

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for but..

If you want to boost your rep rank on EF, it doesn't hurt to:

Make it clear you are Female both ingame and IRL
Post a lot of nice big hofs and achivements
Win events or post some for of a project of your own (and share it)

Edit: Being famous, have a lot of connections or simply be in possession of power - will also make people give you more +rep.
:rolleyes:

playing with your own money would help ;)

Real reputation comes with commitment, being truthful and always speaking your own mind (ie it doesn't hurt to shut up, but it hurts to speak nonsense), manners and, well, I bet a whole lot more. :scratch2:

Real reputation comes with commitment, being truthful and always speaking your own mind (ie it doesn't hurt to shut up, but it hurts to speak nonsense), manners and, well, I bet a whole lot more. :scratch2:

hm those are some things...

Also:
Being helpful, having been around so people know you a bit, NOT being rude, not being a whiner, not complaining about or insulting other players unless it's for a good reason, etc....

People have been telling the answers to this question virtually since your first post on this forum yet you continue to ask it.

I get the feeling you are waiting for someone to tell you that you have reached your desired status and that all readers of EF should start taking you seriously now.

Long way to go in my books.

Knowledge Of the Game
Humility
TIME
Respect For other players
And Again TIME
ah and also TIME

Among many other but thats a stars :)

I'm not looking for a pat on the back here.
I'm trying to learn more about how people from the various parts of the world value other people and what gets them upset.

Very simple. Don't read into it too much, just try and answer the question without assumptions on my intentions.

Thanks.

For me, it's about how a person contributes to the EU/EF community... Whether it's sharing their knowledge,.. Making the effort to post stats/maps/tutorial guides,.. The ability to debate an issue without having to throw insults, Random acts of kindness score big points with me :)

True true.

To be taken seriously after BANG BOOM ZOMG BOOBS FIREWORKS!!!11 approach is once made is a tough job, methinks...

just try and answer the question without assumptions on my intentions.
Thanks.

I already know your intentions. You dont give a rats arse about anyone to do with EU or EF.

You are just interested in getting hold of their money.

Now thats not an entirely bad thing, business is business after-all.

However, the difference with you is you dont care who you stampede across to get it.
You just come crashing in under the impression we are just a bunch of thicko gamer's, and you can there-fore make an easy buck.

Now you realise we are not the bunch of mugs, you originally thought, you have re-thought your tactics.

What you have started to do, is post alot, and make alot of new threads, in some desperate hope to rebuild your rep at EF.

Well, gl with that.

To end, and my main point; There is some feeling of a 'community' here, some of us value the people we know in game, through EF etc, not all of us just have $ signs in our eyes.

I respect the little community of people I know here

.. you do not (be honest, you dont)

I`m sure everyone takes a different path to gaining reputation. Although you did`nt state good or bad reputation I assume your looking for the good.

In my eyes becoming known is the first step. In game that can be achieved by spamming the global chat, interacting with other players and becoming known that way. Only then can other factors be guaged such as your behavior and how personable you are percieved. Then you can look at achievements as well as how you may help others. Or perhaps becoming a favorite hunting partner. Also being a fun person helps alot too. Being liked can definitely bring reputaion.

For me though I`m not seeking any specific level of reputation I do strive to maintain a good one. For both myself and my society. I try to maintain a presence here on EF with a generally good rep, some achievements and contributions to threads of all types while maintaining a good demeanor with a balance of seriousness and humor. In game it can be harder. Lacking PED it`s sometimes hard to do all you want to. Like being available for team hunts. Affording going on rescue missions or other endeavors that require some PED with little to no chance of recouping them such as playing in the ring or at the rig and skilling mindforce on sweaters etc. Like I said everyone will get there a different way but the destination is the same.

On a side note I see MMA looking to succeed in EU. MA boasts of being able to make money and create professions and on and on. So who does`nt consider the ability to make a few bucks when trying EU. It`s almost expected that we all try to do so just in different ways. And for EU to succeed we need innovative individuals to help build the universe into the one that it`s creators envision and the regular players hope for. So it stands to reason that things such as MMA are trying to do are needed. That should`nt be cause for critisism. Though the approach to such things can be.

MMA sorry to make this a bit about you but I just keep seeing the same atmosphere evolving in all these threads. The bashers, the supporters and the neutral contributors. I can`t help but wonder about each and every persons reasons for taking the stance that they do and if they really think about the big picture. We are all in this together and in the end only time can create true reputation, trust or any other such things we value and rely on. Both on a personal level and community wide.

Thinking futher I can almost say that I more value a person making money from others with an investment of ideas, hard thought and time as opposed to just buying a license to print PED such as a land area, asteroid or whatever. But as in rl people seem to respect the money more than the man. After all could`nt we say that having a land area after throwing the money around is just another job shoveling shit(dung/fertilizer)?

Last edited:
=============

Well you already told us about yourself. More than we know about most people. Now all you got to do is get abunch of globals, or organize some events, be part of some big trades, make a mining blog or whatever you're good at to get some reputation.

Maybe you can do some event organizing in EU if that's what you like?

This isn't about me, so let's not make it such. Generally speaking, what brings your walls down and lets you enjoy new members of the community?

All your threads to date appear to have been about you or how you can make money out of us.

Did you build a good reputation in your previous MMORPG's with that attitude before you came here?

I have to agree with Blake Seven, you have a long way to go.

What you have started to do, is post alot, and make alot of new threads, in some desperate hope to rebuild your rep at EF.

I feel the same way...
MMA, this thread just seems like another way of getting some more people to notice you, and you trying to find some new ways of getting attention/reputation... Only to be able to make money.

dj is a person that I can respect because she contributes, makes people happy and shows a respect and knowledge of the game and playerbase that is needed for getting a good reputation.

Reactions: dj.
Something u seem to forget is that ur rep in game is unknown. Build it up there and you will become a more favorable poster here. Build it up here and not in EU and you will get flamed bcos you lack the in game knowledge to make your rep anything other than neutral.

You're waaay toooo much agressive in your (marketing) aproach.
Being too ravenous, is quite repulsive for me, ..and maybe for some others too.

Slowing down atleast a bit, would earn you more trust from ppl (like me) who holds bit back and are quite suspicious.

I hold a lot of respect for people that help others out and rather than doing it for money do it for the enjoyment factor.
Whether it be tp running new players or rescueing them from outposts (my 2favorites).
There are a lot of well respected players in EU and as far as I know they didnt get there in 5 minutes , so to speak.

As far as you are concerned mma it is unfortunate that you have decided to take yourself down the path you have chosen as I fear that your reputation here will be forever tarnished but I dont think that bothers you at the moment.

Something u seem to forget is that ur rep in game is unknown. Build it up there and you will become a more favorable poster here. Build it up here and not in EU and you will get flamed bcos you lack the in game knowledge to make your rep anything other than neutral.

Turnsleft I can't help but agree with you here and DJ if I could give you +rep for your post I would as well.

I spent at least two solid months in PE before I even signed up on a forum before EF was around. It was more about gathering information about this frustratingly entertaining thing called Project Entropia. I started posting here and there over time when I had a specific question or I could offer some advice based on what knowledge I had acquired by participating in Project Entropia.

I think in world and out world reputations whether good or bad are built over time. I know I value certain person's opinions and advice here on EF and from what I see of them in EU. I know they have the experience to back up what they say even if I don't entirely agree with it.

Also many in these forums are a skeptical bunch and very wary of anything that might see to good to be true. Part of that has been tempered from many many years of VUs and some not so consistent communication from the developer. So I would tell anyone new to EU to sit back take your time in world and out world in the forums. While many of us who post on the variety of forums may not always agree on things there is some community protectiveness where we do stick up for each other in some form or another.

So spend some time and effort in EU and EF and above all listen. Eventually any new person will build a reputation here and in EU but it never happens over night.

if you want a rep as in forum rep, then it is not that hard.

All you have to do is :

1 say sorry for all the threads you made in the past, all the insults to entire nations etc.

2 congratulate anyone who has an achievement in here, be it a skill unlock, a global, hof or ath. Even send them a pm with SINCERE and MEANT words such as: way to go, superb, incredible

3 actually have an idea, that contributes to the community, instead of enriches yourself.

4 help out the community by sharing things you found out about this game, that is unknown until now, or not known by everyone, without asking anything in return.

5 reply to somebody's thread that isn't about money or your holding company, instead of always creating your own thread.

6 stop bragging about how cool you are and how you are the master sports events manager of the entire world.

7 my wife is looking better then yours, so stop sending me her movies in exchange for getting me to invest in your holding

OMFG I cant get through the home page without seeing your list of posts. If you spent more time in game and less on here your rep would hit the sky..!!!!
Dude if you want efd so badly u can have mine but ffs let other people have a chance to post :eek::eek:

In my book Good Manners and a helpfull attitude, help alot to get a good Reputaion.:)
A tip is: Dont try to get it! U get it if u deserw it ;) :cool:

Hehe well I don't think everybody goes through a period of getting "slammed", just the ones that have BIG goals.

OMFG I cant get through the home page without seeing your list of posts. If you spent more time in game and less on here your rep would hit the sky..!!!!
Dude if you want efd so badly u can have mine but ffs let other people have a chance to post :eek::eek:

lol well you don't get EFD for posting in 'general discussion' though, and that is where he puts all the threads :rolleyes:

From another MMA-thread:
This is the 5th or 6th thread of yours that you simply dumped in General Discussion that I have had to move this week.

What everyone else says pretty much sums it up.

Actions speak louder than words.

Back