Question: What builds reputation in EU, in your eyes?

Something u seem to forget is that ur rep in game is unknown. Build it up there and you will become a more favorable poster here. Build it up here and not in EU and you will get flamed bcos you lack the in game knowledge to make your rep anything other than neutral.

I spent at least two solid months in PE before I even signed up on a forum before EF was around. It was more about gathering information about this frustratingly entertaining thing called Project Entropia. I started posting here and there over time when I had a specific question or I could offer some advice based on what knowledge I had acquired by participating in Project Entropia.

Some good advice here, and if you look at my longevity I didn’t even join EF until Aug 2005.

I have in-fact been in EU since Dec 2004.

All help questions were directed towards Entropia Pioneer’s Forum, was the first forum I found so posted there.
The people btw were really nice and polite, mods- people like Radical, uber poster’s like Dinara.
Got to know a lot of people there, real veterans of the game.

All that time, I was playing EU.

By the time I joined EF, I already knew a lot of people, had joined a few soc’s and was running my own by then.

Not to say it always works this way, people join EU from scratch, and I don’t agree that we give new-comer’s a hard time.

Most are polite enough to post a hello, or simply ask for help, and we like to help.
Most people, ease themselves into EF quite gently, and become great members of the community :thumbup:

It’s a knock on effect, we see them at EF, then recognize them maybe at a shop container or where-ever. See them global, see them achieving, see them doing well.
If not doing well, offer them advice, friendship.. maybe some advantages :cool:

The Soc they are in certainly carry some weight with me.. DEFINATLEY.

A lot of Socs think they are unheard of, or don’t carry some weight, I usually know who they are.. because I play EU everyday.

Top 50 or not, I know who they are, and after playing all this time, I barely walk into a auction, S.C, O.P without knowing someone there.

The people that remain freelance, much the same, they might not know it, but I recognise their name.

That’s the way it works! (community)

Now I have written all this? Deep in my heart I know you wont care, your incentive and priorities are different.

Make money, that’s what you are here for, but don’t expect the community to like you very much.

Flippin' bull in a china shop comes to mind lol :D

someone with nice skills... nice gear... and a top soc most of the time will have a good reputation :)

will cost you a couple 100k peds :)

someone with nice skills... nice gear... and a top soc most of the time will have a good reputation :)

Sharing an ATH when in a team would also increase ones rep :rolleyes:
I somehow totally missed how that was solved in the end, anyone knows?

Funny that you suggest a good rep can be bought btw.

And to the OP: you made it so extremely clear that you are here for money and money only that it will be very hard to undo that and gain respect from true participants. It may be hard to believe but some people actually play this game for fun and interaction with others. You have "give me your money! now!" written on your forehead.

Last edited:
Reactions: dj.
I think if you respect people, and not try to force yourself somewhere like a hot balloon, with only a big show, no contents, and act like you are very hot, so you self-destruct and explode, you will eventually earn respect by good actions, good words, and, if you then desire it, or not, your reputation will preceed you.

You want to build up REP in EU and at EF (true REP not the REP system!).

beside what many others already said

- be helpful
- don´t talk shit
- make some funny posts (most people like to laugh when someone does a Vedder)
- share your experience (ingame experience!)
- share your personal achievments ingame
- be a nice person
- take part at debates and defend your point of view with good arguments, even if this results in some -REP, the positive effekt is often much better than a few neg REPs
- be actrive and productive at EF
- be active in EU
- promote events and give away some PED (people like that!)

- make some funny posts (most people like to laugh when someone does a Vedder)

:rofl: :laugh:

:hug: Vedder :hug:

At least we like Vedder lol :laugh:

I would say the best way to gain a good reputation is not to go out looking for one. It seems you are a hard worker and great promoter. Let your dilegence and great service do the talking instead of trying to get a great reputation just for the goal of making lots of money. Trust is a very hard thing to build and especially so when it comes to cash.

Show them that you are truly interested in this game and it's community. Go out to Twin Peaks and some other settlements and have conversations with people and have some fun in the ring. Show everyone that you offer an excellent product and try not to get into arguements with people when they try to offer you suggestions. I realise that the way that some people "attacked" you when you had first began to post on these forums was not the right thing for them to do either but if you had taken a step back and looked at the situation from a EU lover's perspective, glorified resellers that are trying to gain trust when they first come ingame will never be the most popular of people ;P. It also takes a whole lot of time to gain a good reputation.

Your site looks awesome by the way. That alone showed me that you had some talent. GL to ya :)

Everything that you have done (your actions) has ruined my respect for you. No matter what your actions are from here on out, I can not take you seriously. I can never forgive you for some things that you have said. (I'm sure you know what you said/did, if not just ask..)

Any time an older player tries to HELP you (when you have asked) you end up taking a shit on them. You only want to hear, what you want to hear. You are looking for everyone to slob on your knob. When people don't want to slob on your knob, you take offense to it.

"Noobs" (man, I hate that term...) mainly do not get picked on just beacuse they are a "noob". A lot of new folks are treated like a respectable member of EF/EU society, because of their actions. You get treated like you do, beacuse of you approch and actions to the EF/EU community.

Seriously, I do not know how you can be a respectable MMA promoter. I assume if you acted anything like this (here on the forum and in game) you would not be a MMA promoter much longer....

you made it so extremely clear that you are here for money and money only.

this is directed toward MMA? i do hope... :) cause i am here for fun... seems all my profits have gone into skills... in which majority of the 65k peds i put into my head the past week... will be lost if i were to chip out... i chipped them in to have fun with my blade... the same reason i am in game :) fun

I have to disagree. There's a load of people with a lot of money but no brains, who deserve no respect at all. :)

I have to disagree. There's a load of people with a lot of money but no brains, who deserve no respect at all. :)

yes but this will help give you reputation... you cant be some fly by night random guy... with no investment... that can really be trusted/respected...

with nothing in game... people can do bad things... and not have much to risk... but with a significant investment... they have a lot to risk... so their actions will follow... unless they dont care about loosing it all

i was just saying this is something that WILL help... but your actions also give you a reputation... i dont think MMA specified which kind of reputation he wanted...

if you have a goal of being a reseller/broker... keep doing what your doing... after many succesful deals... u will start to build your rep... but you must make sure the people u are representing are legit... you were advertising items that didnt even exist... you have to do research and have a little general knowledge about the game

yes but this will help give you reputation... you cant be some fly by night random guy... with no investment... that can really be trusted/respected...

with nothing in game... people can do bad things... and not have much to risk... but with a significant investment... they have a lot to risk... so their actions will follow... unless they dont care about loosing it all

i was just saying this is something that WILL help... but your actions also give you a reputation... i dont think MMA specified which kind of reputation he wanted...

if you have a goal of being a reseller/broker... keep doing what your doing... after many succesful deals... u will start to build your rep... but you must make sure the people u are representing are legit... you were advertising items that didnt even exist... you have to do research and have a little general knowledge about the game

Yes, you can. There's no rule that only high investors get reputation.

Money will get attention, not respect. What you do after that determines what people think of you. So high investors have that advantage of being in the spotlight.

(This is why I said a bit jokingly earlier that females will get more forum +rep then males. Because in a world of where number of males > number of females, the females will get more attention and more chanses to get some +rep.)

And I do think a good reputation is linked to the respect shown by others. The only natural reason for me to respect a high investor - would be in freight, of being killed in pvp.

Yes, you can. There's no rule that only high investors get reputation.

Money will get attention, not respect. What you do after that determines what people think of you. So high investors have that advantage of being in the spotlight.

And I do think a good reputation is linked to the respect shown by others. The only natural reason for me to respect a high investor - would be in freight, of being killed in pvp.

u can also get these items and skills through hard work... many months/years in game...doesnt have to be bought... but for MMA its the quickest way for someone to take you seriously... and as i suggested to know the items u sell... he tried selling things that didnt even exist

konve you really going to just give some noob in PA a rep like skalman? just cause he says he wants a rep? i dont think that makes much sense eh?

konve you really going to just give some noob in PA a rep like skalman? just cause he says he wants a rep? i dont think that makes much sense eh?

I deserve my judment on both the noob in PA and Skalman, because I know neither. Ok Skalman is well known, a hero to some and most likly trustworthy. He has a reputation, that is true. The noob in PA is a blank card. But those are the extremes. I give Skalman respect because of his reputation, but I will not disrespect the noob in PA because he has none.

Problem here is that I link reputation will respect. And I will never respect someone no matter how much money they deposited, if they have nothing else to show for it.

I deserve my judment on both the noob in PA and Skalman, because I know neither. Ok Skalman is well known, a hero to some and most likly trustworthy. He has a reputation, that is true. The noob in PA is a blank card. But those are the extremes. I give Skalman respect because of his reputation, but I will not disrespect the noob in PA because he has none.

Problem here is that I link reputation will respect. And I will never respect someone no matter how much money they deposited, if they have nothing else to show for it.

he asked about reputation... and i never said to disrespect anyone... but i dont know if I would trust someone in PA with any of my items... but i do trust my items to some people in game cause of their rep...

doesnt mean i respect them either... i trust people but may not respect them cause they have PKed me while i was killing mob or something like this...

he asked about reputation... and i never said to disrespect anyone... but i dont know if I would trust someone in PA with any of my items... but i do trust my items to some people in game cause of their rep...

Similarly, I never said a noob in PA has the same reputation nor respect as Skalman. :rolleyes:

The OP asked about building reputation. I suppose you can build two kinds; good or bad. I was of course inclined to think he wanted a good one, not a look-at-how-rich-I-am one.

Edit: Note the difference in building and wrecking a reputation.

Edit: Note the difference in building and wrecking a reputation.

some people take pride in creating a bad ass, mean, PKing rep... this is "building" not "wrecking"...once you "build" your bad ass pk reputation you can "wreck" it by not pking people...

so you can "build" both good and bad... no difference :) only difference is your goals... what kind of rep to you want

some people take pride in creating a bad ass, mean, PKing rep... this is "building" not "wrecking"...once you "build" your bad ass pk reputation you can "wreck" it by not pking people...

so you can "build" both good and bad... no difference :) only difference is your goals... what kind of rep to you want

Yeah, but simply by depositing a shitload of money - people will still see you as a blank page. Depending on what you choose to do, that is what determines your reputation henceforth.

another question is... can you wreck something that never existed?

I would say if you start out by being an idiot to people, you're doing a good job of wrecking your reputation already.

This has been said ad nauseam.... Play the fucking game! Sorry, but i'm starting to get a little tired of ur whining, i gave u some credit in the past but it's fast fading with ur forum-whoring and fishing for pity. If the first words outta ur mouth in this place are "I can make u money, gimme ur money" before u even know how the game works, no one will take u serious. I may not be the most popular person in EU, but i'm not disliked and the way i got there was by being myslef and NOT concentrating on money. Take out some new players sightseeing, hunting, maybe teach them the game. Contribute in some way to the community instead of trying to leech off us.

EDIT: YES, this post WAS about u, we're not naive, please don't insult our intelligence ;)

Let's face it, I've been slammed, crammed and beat down as a newbie on these forums. I consider it a rite of passage in a sense and it appears just about everyone has gone through it at some point.

You've been ridiculed, flamed and generally loathed because of your proud desire to make money off of people who play EU, not because you are new. You seem to be totally obsessed with taking money from the community. Avarice creates a very unnattractive character, it is ugly and detestable and attracts only like minded individuals.

HUmmmmm

Question: What builds reputation in EU, in your eyes?

Hummm, well this question is not as simple as it may seem, & to quote ' in your eyes'..

Reputation in Eu spills over in to Ef & also reputation spills over from EF into EU...... However, it's very different for different people.

I think if you try to define reputation and thus use that formula to gain reputation or follow a path with those guide lines, you will gain false reputation or even negative reputation - it's not like learning a sales technique, when interacting with people's real lives, this is about humility, respect for other people opinions and there personal space.

Players are generally in there Home, often in a space on there own or with there partner interacting and playing and posting. The game can be an extension to there personal space, because one feels safe and one is also able to be them selves and not act as it were a job or a Film set. (saying that there are also people that role play and do the opposite).

I often and over time notice myself as well as friends acting like Children, not in a bad way, but in a natural way - we are born into entropia we know nothing and find friends or mentors that help us, often taking on a parent role of helping, nurturing & supporting....

It seems to me the inner self or child within us come's out to play... This inner self, is free to say and do what it likes - there is no preintended behaviour, we just are and play.. Watch a 10 year old healthy Girl or Boy in rl - full of energy and wonder, they want to do everything and have lots of fun and chat, Entropia is like 'Alice in Wonderland' we can be and do what ever we like. (if we have a pot of Gold).

However, the majority of players are adult, I see a lot in the 30-40 age group, and that interaction between a wide spanning age group can not always be easy to address.

I'm getting side tracked sorry,:rolleyes:

Well, one can gain respect from helping others YES, from menterng them, helping people with no intended payback - offering honest advice - being there for them when the shit hits the fan - and boy we all hit the fan at some point in our game and in RL. You can gain respect from your threads on EF, for being honest for being funny, for beings insane, for being helpful and informative, there are many natural Humanist ways to gain this.

You can also gain respect bars on your profile, these are connected but do not tell the full picture - these can be somewhat clouded.

To have a million gold bars or stars, doesn't make you a wonderful person and the world should respect the ground you walk on - it means you have been given a lot of respect clicks... Sure, it is designed so we all generally respect click people for there decent posts and threads, it does give an over all picture - Saying that, there are also many levels to this, people with lots of respect can also give out lots of respect - so they get respect simply for having been given respect (we all know that, so be honest). - Also people in positions of power, often can gain respect simply because they are in favour and there words can turn the lights on or off, and if you cross that person you may have a 50% chance of being in trouble... Some take that risk and voice opinions and there honesty and thus gain even more respect - but often they too are in a position of power to a degree and so are quite safe to do so. Others try and get trashed for it....

I don't like random acts of kindness, especially when there posted, kinda like donating to the local children's home just to get in the local newspaper - I hate that, but hey that's my opinion....

There are also ways to gain respect as a formula, as in business - Sponsoring an event and thus getting limelight or even a few sales from your shop - offering a service, say piloting, you get paid for your time but also help people on there journey. Mentoring, I have never done the EU road as a mentor so its a bit grey there, but there is a reward for helping people in the form of a gift - this is open to abuse - but most who do it seem genuine or at least the ones that are well known mentors - respect can be gained there on those..

EF respect..
Well most has been said in the thread, but yes, players who have been around for a long time and have taken part in EF and posted a lot will of over time gained a lot of respect - they will of acquired a skill in posting be it making helpful threads on helping the community and new people learn - guides. Posting helpful responses, or generally being funny and lightening up threads with there wacky sense of humour...

Some things yes have to be learnt over time, just like life, Entopia time is not like real time - its much faster - not sure the average time people come and play EU but its short - sure people come back after breaks, but people come and go a lot..... Often with big dreams and ideas, only to find that rl at the end of the day is more important and the amount of money your big idea can generate, needs 100 times more capital to profit 50 times less than the business plan you originally dreamt up and it takes 30 times longer to accomplish because the game is dynamic..

off to make a cup of tea
MoonFish

P.S.
Its only a flipping game or is it !!!!!

Let's face it, I've been slammed, crammed and beat down as a newbie on these forums. I consider it a rite of passage in a sense and it appears just about everyone has gone through it at some point.

If everyone new here goes through similar situations, what in your eyes decides whether you accept the person or want to castrate them?

This isn't about me, so let's not make it such. Generally speaking, what brings your walls down and lets you enjoy new members of the community?

Personally, I admire ambition and fortitude. People who do what they say they will do instead of just talking. I'm also won over by a humble attitude, the quiet type who knows plenty but keeps his mouth shut while listening and learning. I always strive to be like that but lets face it, I have a big mouth sometimes. heh

Last edited:

Money may buy you friends but it doesnt get you experience, experience gives you the ability to make wise decisions, which in turn allow you to share your new found insights with the community thus gaining you +rep ;)

lol farming EFD again?

Acttualy no matter rep or how famous you are in EU ... most(almost all) of ppl simply dont like ppl who try make money in EU from others.

Resellers/Traders - most have negative feedback, because they simply buy cheap sell at bigger price. They make money of others and they use OWN money and put it at some risk, because price can not rise and market manipulations enc etc etc etc.

Crafters - they dont get negative feedback because all know they have lost/invested (skilled or bought) a LOT of skills, blueprints (looted or paid nice money for em) and with all that profession is risky and dont bring 100% profit also after investments. All respect em, and good craters also sell cheaper if you ask/provide materials/buy big stacks in bulk.

Hunting mining - wont comment (just seems no need for that).

So even resellers using OWN money dont get positive feedback and you new one there without thinking invest own money want get positive feedback and
start your big plans?

I dont think even some known EU player could do it easy!

Simply change your business method but dont think there are much left - invest your own.

If you are so success manager does 40k USD is much for you? If you think your plan is perfect what u afraid? Or at least invest 20k USD and after having already contacted and have all prepared just need 10k USD more, then ask community participate in your plan by explaining all profit distribution and etc.

My 2 pecs ..... who know maybe are wrong!

Why do u want to know this? Will u than behave like people told you? If its so, you, in my eyes, sucks big time...

If i were you i would take a EntropiaForum break (you can read but don't make new threads) for atleast a month and then you might get a fresh start. While you're in the break you actually have time to explore the world called Entropia Universe, maybe gives you time to collect all the tp's :laugh:

And have to agree with Zippo on this one.

I would say the best way to gain a good reputation is not to go out looking for one.

if you want a rep as in forum rep, then it is not that hard.

All you have to do is :

1 say sorry for all the threads you made in the past, all the insults to entire nations etc.

2 congratulate anyone who has an achievement in here, be it a skill unlock, a global, hof or ath. Even send them a pm with SINCERE and MEANT words such as: way to go, superb, incredible

3 actually have an idea, that contributes to the community, instead of enriches yourself.

4 help out the community by sharing things you found out about this game, that is unknown until now, or not known by everyone, without asking anything in return.

5 reply to somebody's thread that isn't about money or your holding company, instead of always creating your own thread.

6 stop bragging about how cool you are and how you are the master sports events manager of the entire world.

7 my wife is looking better then yours, so stop sending me her movies in exchange for getting me to invest in your holding

I'm just subscribing this comment, it does reflect my opinion, no need to say anymore!

And here is my EFD contribution! :yay:

If everyone new here goes through similar situations, what in your eyes decides whether you accept the person or want to castrate them?

This isn't about me, so let's not make it such. Generally speaking, what brings your walls down and lets you enjoy new members of the community?

Personally, I admire ambition and fortitude. People who do what they say they will do instead of just talking. I'm also won over by a humble attitude, the quiet type who knows plenty but keeps his mouth shut while listening and learning. I always strive to be like that but lets face it, I have a big mouth sometimes. heh

Dude I don't post much or take much notice of anything written tbh but even I've heard of you... says a fucking lot really ;)

That being said if you give me 50% of your castle sale earnings I'll whore myself ingame for you to get some decent rep :D

Back