Question: What builds reputation in EU, in your eyes?

OK, I'll probably be sorry for posting this, but what the hell...you remind me of a lot of people I've known, and I have been known to rely on intuition before *lolz*

I am a member of a very closely knit distributed community (alafia a mis Cubanos, y bendicion!) We have a lot of people on the fringes of this community who act in the same way that people say you do... maybe you do, maybe you don't; I don't know you, right? But anyway, let's say for instance.

The problem is, these people see a lot of people doing things they don't understand, and so they think that they can set up as instant experts. Once they hang around for a few things, they feel like they know all there is to know. They talk to a few people, learn a little of the language, and try to "fake it til they make it". They run around and make a lot of noise, maybe sponsor a few big events, try to be the instant big (wo)man, because they see a lot of money changing hands and they want to be the ones making money.

What they don't know is what that money does after they see it change hands. They don't know what people have to go buy, they don't know what is actually being paid for, they don't know squat... all they see is someone handing a big chunk of money over to someone else. And they want to be that "someone else".

What these people forget about is that everyone talks all the time... talky talky talky. A lot of people are good judges of character, and they watch those around them. They tell the people they care about what they think, and those people tell more people, and so on... that's what a "reputation" is, just people talking to other people.

So how do you get a good reputation? Have a lot of people think that you are a good responsible person. How do you get a lot of people to think that? BE a good, responsible person. Don't insult people or try to create something out of nothing.

I'll close with a pair of proverbs from my community,

"The tongue is a lion, be careful that it doesn't devour you." Use caution and humility in what you say, so that you are listened to when you speak.

"You destroy with your feet what you build with your hands." Constantly tooting your own horn is causing you more problems than if noone knew who you were. Your own actions are causing your problems; don't think everyone else needs to change to adapt to you. If you want to be part of any community, you need to adapt to it... or find a place where you fit better.

Just my two cents :) Be well.

Thats what I'm trying to figure out Oleg.

I'm starting to understand how the community views me. It's just hard when all I've seen are insults and one line flames everywhere I go.

Some of it makes sense, though taken to the utmost extreme.

Let's say I can understand how everyone might misunderstand things I've said or done here. Without being given the opportunity to prove people wrong, how am I supposed to?

If I'm constantly being beaten down in every thread I start, how can I possibly prove to anyone that my intentions are honest and legitimate?

I've seen a couple of exchanges between well known community members who began to bash each other back and forth, yet there aren't hordes of people flaming them, yet if I defend myself against an accusation or false claim, I'm still the bad guy for doing so and should learn to keep my mouth shut? Or if someone insults me and I insult them back, I'm the bad guy even though I was quietly going about my business until provoked?

I guess what I'm asking is, where exactly is the logic in any of this? I've been nailed to a cross since my first day on these forums and never once been allowed to breathe for not other reason that the "possibility" that I'm some kind of scamming used car salesman.

I would love to see anyone put in my shoes and how they would react differently. I see so many people tell me I don't care about EU and that I'm only here to profit. People making comments about the advertising pulling in the greedy folks because of the "opportunity". Who are any of you tell me that I don't care about EU? How would you have any idea what I think when any post I make is buried in one lined insults and flames, the contents of which are always twisted and contorted to suit whoever is doing it.

There are people here who believe I am something I'm not and have tried to do deals with me on the side or push me into one direction or another in EU and I haven't agreed to do any of them. There are greedy and selfish people in EU and because of the label put on me by the community before making any effort at all at getting to know me, these people think I'm one of them and want to work with me. IT"S NOT WHAT I'M ABOUT! It feels dirty and I don't like it.

I'm not here to get rich. I'm here to try and enjoy some entrepreneurial fun in a game I enjoy playing. I get messages from people telling me not to leave and I appreciate it. But these forums are the pinnacle of mass communication for EU and I feel that if I can't even be a part of the community that won't even give me a chance at being a part of the community, whats the point?

I just feel like so many of you are trying to create a monster that doesn't exist and in your efforts of trying to stamp me out, it's only bringing those that are like what you label me as out of the woodwork and I don't like it.

I've ready so many guides about EU, if I really came here just to profit, I wouldn't need to spend a minute on these forums nor would I care about being a part of them.

People love to play the morale police, and they love to bash down on named scammers, wrong doers or "bad" resellers (because there are different types, some more accepted then others.)

You, mma, have played the role of a perfect victim and has had the misfortune to suffer a large flood of bad feelings. And I have to agree with a lot of people because;

You're new - that's never a good thing.
You've been reluctant to admit how orange (green) you really are, when it comes to Entropia.

And that pretty much sums it up.

ANYone trading in high end items will endure complaints about those who don't like what they're doing. You're not alone on that point.

You, however, are new and, when you first started out, knew jack shit about anything, as YourMom put it. There's your key point and that is what people are mad about. You're trying to make money off of a system where, not only are you new, but you have obviously not spent a year or five ingame to learn how things are done. Do you think Mindark invented the "%" or the "TT+"? No, those are player inventions and everyone use them - no one question them. The market is free but you have to abide by the rules.

Example: Do you know what a set of armor is, as opposed to a full set? Perhaps now, you sure didn't before. Do you think it's a good idea to list the pices of an armor set, is it not a complete set? Your sales thread still has many holes. Do you know how to express marketvalue? I mentioned "%" and "TT+" - do you have any idea what I'm talking about and when you sould use either? The classic example is the damn texas table. It's was worth ~5k PEDs. Pushing it would have made it 15k PEDs - you, in your obvious sense of Entropy, put it at 50k. What do you expect people to think of that sort of cluelessness?

Edit: I see that you edited your thread regarding bids being TT+. So you can overlook that complaint I guess, even if I'm not convinced you're all in with how it works, yet.

Last edited:
Thats what I'm trying to figure out Oleg.

I'm starting to understand how the community views me. It's just hard when all I've seen are insults and one line flames everywhere I go.

Some of it makes sense, though taken to the utmost extreme.

Let's say I can understand how everyone might misunderstand things I've said or done here. Without being given the opportunity to prove people wrong, how am I supposed to?

If I'm constantly being beaten down in every thread I start, how can I possibly prove to anyone that my intentions are honest and legitimate?

I've seen a couple of exchanges between well known community members who began to bash each other back and forth, yet there aren't hordes of people flaming them, yet if I defend myself against an accusation or false claim, I'm still the bad guy for doing so and should learn to keep my mouth shut? Or if someone insults me and I insult them back, I'm the bad guy even though I was quietly going about my business until provoked?

I guess what I'm asking is, where exactly is the logic in any of this? I've been nailed to a cross since my first day on these forums and never once been allowed to breathe for not other reason that the "possibility" that I'm some kind of scamming used car salesman.

I would love to see anyone put in my shoes and how they would react differently. I see so many people tell me I don't care about EU and that I'm only here to profit. People making comments about the advertising pulling in the greedy folks because of the "opportunity". Who are any of you tell me that I don't care about EU? How would you have any idea what I think when any post I make is buried in one lined insults and flames, the contents of which are always twisted and contorted to suit whoever is doing it.

There are people here who believe I am something I'm not and have tried to do deals with me on the side or push me into one direction or another in EU and I haven't agreed to do any of them. There are greedy and selfish people in EU and because of the label put on me by the community before making any effort at all at getting to know me, these people think I'm one of them and want to work with me. IT"S NOT WHAT I'M ABOUT! It feels dirty and I don't like it.

I'm not here to get rich. I'm here to try and enjoy some entrepreneurial fun in a game I enjoy playing. I get messages from people telling me not to leave and I appreciate it. But these forums are the pinnacle of mass communication for EU and I feel that if I can't even be a part of the community that won't even give me a chance at being a part of the community, whats the point?

I just feel like so many of you are trying to create a monster that doesn't exist and in your efforts of trying to stamp me out, it's only bringing those that are like what you label me as out of the woodwork and I don't like it.

I've ready so many guides about EU, if I really came here just to profit, I wouldn't need to spend a minute on these forums nor would I care about being a part of them.

You post much, but read little and understand even less.

Read DanielleYourMom's post (#106) over and over and over again until you get it.

That's how you build reputation.

Of course I've been playing the game.
I'm a level 9 Pet Handler, I have levels 2-5 in the various crafting professions, hunting skills etc.

I would be interested to know my total skill points if there was a way to get that easily.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/skills/95277-skill-scanner.html
There ya go, just follow the instructions. :)

I was up late last night admittedly bothered by all of the bashing, accusations and lies etc. I talked to my wife about it and actually questioned myself. Am I really all of these things and just not realize it?

She told me I was stupid for letting people on a forum make me second guess who I was. None of you know me for anything other than the words I type which are often misunderstood and emotionless. You can't feel my energy when I say things. With me, it's not so much the words out of my mouth that explain things to people, it's my body language and the look in my eyes. These are things that without knowing me on a personal level you can't possibly understand my motives.

This I understand completely, as I have been a salesman for close to 2 decades. Phone selling is so much harder, because you have to alter your vocal inflections - in person is SO much easier, because on a basic level everyone can understand/communicate with body language. Here on a forum, a missing word can change the intended sentence from pleasant to downright rude - or the exact reverse. As such, I've had to resort to an immense use of the English language to get across ideas, emotions and inflections in my threads/statements - to this extent, I would suggest you do so as well.

So, I came to the conclusion that yes, my blunt and open ways on a discussion forum will be easily misunderstood by many and assumptions of my character will be made. There isn't a whole lot I can do about that.

Actually, there is. Suggestions have been made, but I'll sum up what I can perceive here:
Formally apologize (without sarcasm or smart-assedness) to everyone whom you have directly or indirectly pissed off, work out differences and problems - and communicate on a lower enthusiastic level than you have been.
To those who are attacking him without mercy - how would YOU like it if someone were to pull up your history for the community to see? Criminal records? Etc? I know for a FACT (been showed & told) that there are a few high rep individuals in this community with one HELL of a history. Stop throwing stones, lest you break the walls of your glass house ;).
He was kind enough to let us know who he was at the get-go. The fact that there are those amongst this community who took that information and then posted it (against the rules) just to make him look bad, is asinine.

Relative of mine had a felony on his record, of threatening a transportation officer with a firearm. Pretty nasty to read, and immediately paints a negative picture, doesn't it?
'Til you find out that the bus driver, on a busy LA freeway during rush hour, attempted to drive him & his family off the road ~ 65 MPH. A .45 aimed at him quickly changed his mind. (this was ~17 years ago, btw)
Get all the facts (i.e., both sides) of a story before making accusations and allegations... otherwise it ends up biting you in the arse later on, usually! :laugh:

I made plenty of mistakes in EU, but I've also accomplished some pretty big things already, like me or not. There are people who see the truth in me and are willing to give me a shot.

Good for them, and you. I do like you, just am waiting for this whole situation to blow over and see how your business performs after ~6 months or so of activity. Also waiting on actually making some money to use... lol

And I keep seeing people make comments about my "criminal past". I got a DUI once on a rainy night after a slew of problems created by a crazy ex girlfriend. My investor now owned a nightclub downtown I used to bounce at. One night I went down there and got lit on Dirty Martinis. I called my GF at the time to come down and get me. She came down and decided to stay and hang out a while. To make a long story short, a guy called her a whore (he was right) and I didn't know about it until later. She finally told me and got mad that I didn't knock him out. So outside in the parking lot she yelled and screamed etc, so I went back into the bar and walked the guy by his neck across the street to apologize to her. He did. It was over, but she wasn't satisfied and drove off like a maniac. Drunk, I went after her in my car in the rain and slid into another card. DUI.

I had a horrible traffic history for a while. I was young.

Don't drink & date - ends badly :laugh:

I had an assault charge which I'm not at all ashamed of. Don't start shit with the biggest guy in the bar and expect to walk away looking like a tough guy. Best advice I can give anyone there.

LOL. Good advice.

Not to mention the fact that all of this happened between 10 and 12 years ago.

Thanks for drudging it all back up for shits and giggles as if it has anything to do with me being some kind of serial killer or con man.

I noticed that too - people here tend to think that accidents don't happen, nor can people change. I'm sure plenty of people here on the forums have NEVER done anything wrong, nor ever changed after screwing up in the past... :rolleyes:.

Just take your lumps, MMA - they'll heal, and hopefully only a few scars will remain.

More onto point now, you want ways to increase rep in EU/EF? What people have said.
It boils down to two classes of people - those who respect your ideas and those who respect the size of your wallet. Normally you can get one side or the other, but you managed to piss off both sides here rather fast, lol!
Be helpful, inquisitive (without being annoying), join a soc that is willing to help (and be VERY willing to learn & listen... silently), and read the forums. Often.
Or you can deposit $50k, buy skills/gear, and go start mega-hoffing and suddenly some people will fall all over themselves to be by your side :laugh:.

Seriously though m8, get xfire and chat with me - got a lot of good points I could give you, and hopefully help you get some of this mess cleared up better.

My God. More of you have been to therapy then I origanly expected. An accountablity letter :laugh:

:wise: so what is your first memory of being beaten?

You relize you have continued the cyc.....blahblahblah.....

it's easy
don't act and do things to ppl u don't like urself
don't try to get reputation
don't try to be friend at any cost

I now have xfire,
mmabigshow is my username.

Talk to you soon I hope!

Heres the deal. :)

Who ever is the post right before the lock I will give 1efd and a +rep gl :yay:

I retract the rep part, wouldnt want to abuse the system :p

Last edited:
You post much, but read little and understand even less.

Read DanielleYourMom's post (#106) over and over and over again until you get it.

That's how you build reputation.

YES!!
you have two eyes, two ears, and one mouth for a reason!
So you can read and listen twice as much as you talk!!;)

To many ppl dos´t like resellers incl me.

For us its just dos´t money in our heads and thats why u get so much beated up where ever u turn in this forum MMA.

I can tell u i deposit ALOT of my RL economy and try to enjoy the game and someday maybe have some nice skills and a decent set of gear to play around with... cos of the bigger resellers and the sky rocket market we have today just makes that dream futher away everyday...

There is already 3-4 big resellers who can walk over dead bodys to earn some cash on us decent hard working Hunters/Miners/Crafters and i can say the return when we hunt is´t satisfying at all and when prices on better itiems just go sky high in price its soon not even worth to be a part of EU..

Even if there is more resellers they dos´t shout complain and making threads how to make money out of us... u can see em in game but i just ignore them. when i sell something and a guy i know is a major reseller try to deal me i just ignore him.. not even chat with the avatar...

Then u have smaller resellers who actually do something good for the players and buy loot on cnd, buy smaller ammounts of loot for a decent % and players who resell just tho help noobs with a good start ingame.. They work very hard for a very little profit!

I always sell my loot to a reseller in my soc and he pay me better then it would cost me to put it on AU so i gladly see more of those ppl around..

If u wanna make money of us buy a hangar and start to fly 24/7 or invest in a LA and take some tax out of and not gig gack around here and complain that ppl giving u a hard time on the EF.... its well deserved in my point of view and i understand all people who try to make u leave as fast as possible...

// Suli

Snag,
just letting you know that I actually reported your post.
I've never been arrested for doing any kind of drug and don't appreciate the false accusation. I stopped reading after that knowing the rest of your post is just more of the same BS.

It's not funny nor can I see anyone else with any sense thinking it's cute either.

I should say that MMA did go further than I think I would have to try and get "Back in" and that is to his credit. He still has a ways to go but maybe he can if he heeds some of the advice given here.

One piece of advise I have seen several times is get in to the game and get a bunch of gbls, HOFs and ATHs and people will really like you and you will have a much better rep. Humm, is that really true??? I am not sure that it is. I not sure that being a good hunter, crafter or minner will make one a better EU person. I guess it would depend on the person not his ability. Just my thoughts.

One little qouote for MMA "Through adversity one learns, learning gains knowledge, all knowledge is good, ergo all adversity is good" I would say you are learning a lot:).

The question posed by Jason was simple ... and many have posted good responses that I'm sure have been helpful, but why are there a select few who find it necessary to continue riding that flame wave instead of being constructive toward giving this guy some understanding. I see no value in many posts in this thread because they're nothing but a continued personal attack, which does nothing but incite and cause the thread to become yet another battleground. For some, it's nothing but insult after insult, which is clearly not a means to address what I feel is a genuine question.

I find it interesting that ... many are throwing out insults and flaming comments in one breath, while trying to explain in another what the standard is for gaining a better reputation. If you want to educate a person in how to be more accepted or appreciated in this community, it's not done in the manner some of you are putting forth here, because it doesn't make a person too receptive to the input. It only continues to back the person up into the corner further, and then as human as we all are, enough becomes enough before the lashing out is returned ... and I don't blame him one bit.

Some people ... don't know how to be constructive, and think it's cool to be rude and flaming while trying to get their point across, rather than taking it as an opportunity to be helpful. Continuing to beat the man down with rude and insulting posts isn't going to foster the kind of change some of you feel he needs to make, which I find laughable because the first thing that comes to mind is "role modeling" and how much of that by some is not going on ... at least not in a positive way.

He's right about one thing though ... bringing up personal situations from the past to add salt in the already opened wound without knowing the full scope of the events was just an unfair thing to do. I appreciate that he took the time to explain those situations that some felt the need to expose (especially being years old), but he shouldn't have had to do that. We are all splendidly IM-perfect, with all having room to improve, but I'm sure it feels better on the other side of this rock-throwing than having to dodge them.

I don't think any one of you ... would appreciate having something personal like that put on a public forum where people draw their own conclusions without all the facts. Yes, he could have handled some situations better (he said that himself), but no one is mistake-free ... no one, and ... as a point of reference ... people post quite a bit about how they get drunk and do stupid things ... someone even made a thread about it. I wonder how many of you throwing insults around here posted in that thread. It's easy to point the finger, but a lot harder being on the other end of that finger.

It's ok to disagree with someone ... but for those who feel the need to throw flames and continue to beat a person down, tell me how that's supposed to be effective and inspire a person to change. Maybe it's just your style, and others think you're cool, but the continuation of it is just pure bullying IMO. Helping someone doesn't mean being part of a firing squad.

I fully expect a few to be defensive ... and come back at me with rude and flaming comments, but it will just prove my point even more. :D For some, disagreeing with another's point of view doesn't mean a right or wrong situation, but rather just a different perspective. My perspective is ... it's far more effective to be constructive, because it affords you a better opportunity to motivate and inspire the desired result. A person's way of communicating tells much, and despite not fully agreeing with how Jason came into this community, I at least can give him credit for making the effort to respond more constructively than not to some of the posts that he's had to deal with. Yes, I feel that the majority of his posts are constructive, but again, what would you do if backed into the corner as much as he has been?

To Jason ... in response to your question ... I think for the most part, there's never been anyone quite like you who has entered our community "with guns blazing" so to speak ... as some might term it ... so I can fully understand this whole circus of events that has transpired recently.

However ... after reading every post in every thread, your website, and what data was available to me to review ... this is my perspective ... you are definitely an ambitious person, which is not to say that it's a bad thing at all. I feel you genuinely saw an opportunity to bring something into the community that might be of benefit. Don't worry about the whole "greed" thing, because there are those who talk that way about the "ubers" as well, and those who are actually making a living, or at least a supplemental income from what they do in EU as a profession.

I understand your motives ... and there's no doubt in my mind that others in this community have the same motives in mind when it comes to their activity within EU ... they want to profit, but ... while I also understand your energy in this respect, perhaps it might have been a better choice to not be so engaging at the level you introduced yourself. Meaning ... a continuous and "in your face" posting of threads (no matter what your motives) with content that, mistakenly or not, gave a bad impression right out the gate. In contrast, your fight promotions IRL are just that ... a real "in your face" proposition that "gets attention" and gets it fast, but that approach doesn't work in every environment as you have witnessed here.

I think ... your idea is a good one, and perhaps can be beneficial for the community once things settle down more, but would take it a step at a time and perhaps settle down yourself a little in the process and take a deep breath. Give yourself an opportunity to analyze all of this and the input that has been presented you, and then go from there. Many, in spite of the constant rudeness and flaming, have actually given some good advice, so take it to heart, sort it out, and maybe drop back 10 yards and punt. ;)

Last edited:
omfg...

2 things:

YourMom: The things u say and do for the community is priceless, I try to follow your example the best way I can.

I´m not rich, but I couldn´t care less about losing a PEC here and there on auction, trade or hunting, cause the stupid shit you do makes you learn how you should act the next time, and that extra PEC could actually help another person in-game!

I give away free stuff to ppl i like, what´s an Opalo worth to you? nothing at all, but what is that same gun worth to the guy just arriving to PA?
Would it kill you to do a tp-run with a gang of newcomers?? Personally I would feel great helping others, and the ones I´m helping probably think I´m uber as shit with my cool armor and guns with scopes and such :)

that´s one aspect of building rep.

look at this thread MMAbs and have a glance at the other side of "contributing"

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/weapons/124720-i-need-low-tt-opalos-dont-repair-yours.html

Second of all, as said b4, your approach to this whole idéa was just completely messed up, you have a really good businessplan, and I think with a lot of in-game knowledge, filled friendslist and posting threads here on EF with SUCCESSFUL deals, with acknowledge from the buyer/seller in the thread, you could really make it.

Third point:

People who brings this dude´s criminal record on display on this forum should be sodomi*ed by a maffoid on angel d*st.

wanna know my criminal record as well??

I´ve stirred up some SERIOUS shit in my days, but hell....we only live once ffs!

People can change to the better!!

But hey, aren´t we all supposed to be equal regardless of our actions?

Ps. as said b4, keep a low profile MMAbs, slowly build your company based on trust and profit not just for you, but to all of EU and ppl sooner or later will respect you....well, everyone has the right to state his/her opinion, so this was mine (tired as fu*k when i wrote this, so if it´s inconsistent or just plain retarded, plz let me know) ;)

DISCLAIMER:
this message is not meant to offend anyone
:wtg:

Last edited:
Let's face it, I've been slammed, crammed and beat down as a newbie on these forums. I consider it a rite of passage in a sense and it appears just about everyone has gone through it at some point.

If everyone new here goes through similar situations, what in your eyes decides whether you accept the person or want to castrate them?

This isn't about me, so let's not make it such. Generally speaking, what brings your walls down and lets you enjoy new members of the community?

Personally, I admire ambition and fortitude. People who do what they say they will do instead of just talking. I'm also won over by a humble attitude, the quiet type who knows plenty but keeps his mouth shut while listening and learning. I always strive to be like that but lets face it, I have a big mouth sometimes. heh

Well, I've been away for a few days and evidently missed a lot, so I won't say too much.

But really, what you've gone through is not what everyone goes through. Yes, we were all new once. And no doubt almost all of us got a few unfair remarks thrown our way as a result of that. There's a couple of unwelcoming remarks that I remember from when I was new. I'd imagine that's the same for most people - a couple of remarks here and there from a few people that made them feel a bit unwelcome, and then after a while your just part of the forum.

I think you just need to sit back for a while. Stop making posts about yourself, or how to win people over, etc. If you keep feeding the circus, it'll just carry on. You can't ever win everyone over, and you can't win anyone over overnight. Over time, your actions will speak for you. Reputation is something that is acquired slowly.

Separate yourself from your business. Your loud marketting approach for Entropia Holdings may well work. But to gain personal acceptance on the forum requires a bit of patience and a lower profile perhaps.

I for one, will be quite grateful when the day comes that there are no longer any 14 page threads about you bumping around on the forum. And I suspect you'll feel happier with your reputation by the time that day comes.

MMAbigshow - the offer of TP runs still stands. Anytime you have the time and I am on, just holler :)

The best way to be trusted and liked is to not post 37 times a day saying 'PLEASE TRUST ME!!!!' and 'PLEASE LIKE ME!!!!'. It comes with time.. it comes from your actions.. what it doesnt come from is showing up like some kind of whirlwind spouting how awesome you are and how smart you are and rehashing ideas that lots of people have had before and acting like you just invented the idea of running a business. It would also help to do some research and have knowledge of the marketplace you are entering. This is not gained by posting 'Ok I want to make money in EU.. what would be a good way?'.

How to gain a good rep in EU (IMHO):

DON'T ...
  • be a dick
  • KS
  • be gratuitously offensive
  • continually use bad language
  • insult other players, their mothers, wives, parents, children, dog, ..
  • spam local chat with trades ;)
  • be a selfish egotistical fuckwit
  • be a scammer or beggar

DO ...
  • be helpful
  • be considerate
  • be reasonable
  • be adult
  • be honest
  • be honourable
  • be nice

Pretty much the same as IRL really :)
As MA own everything ingame, ones reputation is the only thing that can truly be said to belong to the player. Some people place a high value on it, others dont.

<------ runs into the room holding up a big sign "Share the Love" then runs back out again :D

Sorry to hijack, but its getting old.

This is so devoid of win.

Honest and legitimate are 2 very different things. Its legitimate to sell a blue carpet for +50, there's no legislation about that. Is it an honest thing to do? No dude, its a total riposs, pricing items well above their value in the hope that someone ignorant whose not checked the markup buys it. This type of selling is dishonest.

The above post isn't a flame, so there's no need to get defensive and wallow in self pity, its merely the bare facts. You cannot understand why people can't see what you really are, I'd say the fact that people fully understand you is the problem.

If you are going to overprice things so ludicrously and intend to make money out of player's ignorance or desperation, at least have the cojones to be honest about it. Stop acting like you are some jolly good fellow who is simply misunderstood, be honest and people will warm to you.

How to gain a good rep in EU (IMHO):

DON'T ...
  • be a dick
  • KS
  • be gratuitously offensive
  • continually use bad language
  • insult other players, their mothers, wives, parents, children, dog, ..
  • spam local chat with trades ;)
  • be a selfish egotistical fuckwit
  • be a scammer or beggar

You forgot

• do the Sexy posture

This whole fiasco has made mma the most notorious guy on EF. it has also drawn HUGE attention to his sale, and will either make him a bucket load of ped to kickstart yet another trading career or will sensationally backfire for EH when GW completes his sales, thanks MMA gleefully, and logs out never to be seen or heard of again.....

To the OP:

Don't lose your ambition, just learn to recognize that for those of us that have been here a while (only 3 years for me), seeing somebody come in wanting to change the world is only going to be dissappointment in EU.

Unless, as Konve pointed out, they are rich, famous, and/or openly female with a bubbly personality. I exaggerate, some -- but the historical evidence is enough to win the argument and that's not a slight on them in any way.

After you have played around a bit, you will probably come to the conclusion that business opportunities within EU require something more than a gung-ho attitude. It's been done, sometimes more successfully than others.

My best advice to you: embrace change, it represents your chance to take the lead when the race has already started. If you can do that and stick with it, you will win in the end and earn plenty of respect. As it is, you took a few hits on the chin and that's got to hurt -- just don't lose hope.

To the nay-sayers:

You've made your respective points, now back off a little, okay? I had a whole paragraph here but decided to leave it at that (thank me later). :laugh:

reputation? on forum u can get some by criticizing bs some ppl write, then finding out they r dislectic. look at my red bars and ull get the idea
in game u can get some when ppl post some out of context pieces of ur chat with them and then u start fruit mafia to get back on their ugly asses (literally). i know it all sounds nonsense but search is ur friend.

Back