It's Finally Here... The Ultimate Trader Tool!!

Do You Use The Ped Market Trader Tool?

• Yes

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 89 82.4%

• Total voters

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
Announcing: The Best Invention In The World Of Trading Since The Trade Window...

The Ped Market Trader Tool!

pedmarket_878703.jpg

Hello fellow Entropians, after several weeks of hard work, I'm proud to be releasing the definitive solution for successful trading! I've seen several requests on the forum for a decent trading tool and I took it upon myself to make one.

This is only the beta release, so expect it to be a beta program lol There may be the odd bug here or there and a couple features haven't been implemented yet but it is a sound program that I've been using for a while now without problem.

So, if you're tired of trading like a cave man using a notepad,excel spread sheet or bits of string... Let my program do the work for you! :D

* Calculate The Price And Markup On Anything In A Flash! *

* Easily Track Your Current Inventory (TT Value, Costs, Markup..etc) *

* Transaction History That Shows Your All Time Profits, Costs, Sale Value...etc *

* Itemized Transactions! (See Exactly What Your Paying For Each Item) *

* Make Your Trading Faster And Easier Than Ever Before! *

http://euturnpike.com/trader/index.html

Download The Program Here

(Download The New Beta) Here

The Program Is Meant For Windowed Mode Users Only, (If you're still using full screen I suggest switching. Note: In order to have windowed mode be an available option you have to be running at a screen resolution HIGHER than 1024 X 768):)

If you get an error like "class not registered msstdfmt.dll" simply click the install icon included with the program. This will copy the file to where windows can find it and the program should work.

Things changed in this version [1.5.3] :

- Changed the header image to something a little flashier.

- Added the ability to add your own items to the list. Simple click settings>edit items and you can edit what items you want to be tradeable. Be sure to click save or your changes WON'T be applied. As well you'll need to restart the program before the new items will show in the list.

- Laid out the files in the directory better. Added a install script to help get the program working on peoples computers that were having an error message when starting the program. See the included "read me" file for more info.

- Fixed a couple behind the scenes bugs

A Very Special Thanks To The Donaters!!!

Vixen78 - 500 EFD
Mechanic - 500 EFD
Darkaner - $10
Leandro Kun - 500 EFD
somon90 - 500 EFD
CBB - 200 EFD
DakinGaros - 500 EFD
Freyr - 200 PED
Harrison Clarks -700 EFD
Xander Catman - 2000 EFD

*This program does NOT contain any viruses, spyware or malware. There is a 100% guarantee on that!

I am not to be held liable for any problems that arise from the use/misuse of this program. So if you download the program and purposely break your computer, or "accidentally" make a trade for a $20,000 item for 10 pecs in hopes that I'm gonna give you money for compensation, forget it! No scammers allowed :)

Last edited:
Looks interesting.

Hehe just downloaded it. Will give it try laterz, but from picture it looks very nice. Thank you for sharing. :yay: (+rep).

slight issue with the install... it was missing a file... I've fixed it so if it didn't work please download it again, sorry :)

Ah yes! Finally! a tool to speed up the ore/enmatter re-selling transactions plaguing the town.

I'm just kidding;D. Great tool! Too bad I (TT) 99% of my finds out of laziness.
-Valdes

Very nice, think I'll have to download it ;). Problem is, much of this is still based on manually typing in everything, so...

1.Would there be any possibility of adding an option that automatically take the price listings from peauction or mytwopecs and subtracts a value (ie. 10% less than what the websites list)?

2. Also, this would probably be quite a bit harder, but automatically calculating amounts using ocr to add whatever is listed in the trade windows?

Both of those would be way awesome in the final release :yay:

- Chris

:yay: Wow!! Great trading tool Jambon!!! You get an A+ for Effort :yay:
I know I'll be using it... Seems many people will benefit as well!! Thanks for including the n00b friendly video
:ahh:

Very nice, think I'll have to download it ;). Problem is, much of this is still based on manually typing in everything, so...

1.Would there be any possibility of adding an option that automatically take the price listings from peauction or mytwopecs and subtracts a value (ie. 10% less than what the websites list)?

2. Also, this would probably be quite a bit harder, but automatically calculating amounts using ocr to add whatever is listed in the trade windows?

Both of those would be way awesome in the final release :yay:

- Chris

ahh yes, laziness is on the rise lol

I was thinking of actually integrating peauction and mytwopecs into it but that would take a bunch more time and effort. So that may be introduced in the final release. Depends on the free time I have and if I get any support from people.

as for OCR... it doesn't matter if you're an OCR wizard it's pretty much impossible to use ocr for 2 reasons.

1. There is no text on the screen showing what YOU put into auction, only what the other person puts in. So even if implemented it would only save you time and typing when you're buying things, you'd still have to tell it when your selling stuff in order to accuratly keep track of your inventory.

2. If there is more than 1 page of goods put in the trade window you're screwed cause ocr will only see the first page.

in order to really implement it you would still have to click onto the first page of stuff, click a button to ocr it, then click on page 2, then click to ocr...etc

you're really not gonna be saving much time that way.

Seriously try the program out, there isn't as much typing as you think. And in the final release I'm planning on having the ability for people to set default markups for things and a sort of search / auto complete bar for picking the item where you only have to type the first couple letters of the word and it will auto complete to the closest result of the item you're buying / selling.

thanks for your comments though!

1. I don't get this? Are you talking about auction fee? you can calculate that too.

2. So add a "scan" button that just adds items and let the user change page manually.

3. That "calculate % from price" button is unnecessary, you could make it such that it calculates the % if you enter something in the ped box, and calculates ped value if you enter something in the % box.. saves one click when using it :)

looks nice otherwise :)

ahh yes, laziness is on the rise lol

I was thinking of actually integrating peauction and mytwopecs into it but that would take a bunch more time and effort. So that may be introduced in the final release. Depends on the free time I have and if I get any support from people.

as for OCR... it doesn't matter if you're an OCR wizard it's pretty much impossible to use ocr for 2 reasons.

1. There is no text on the screen showing what YOU put into auction, only what the other person puts in. So even if implemented it would only save you time and typing when you're buying things, you'd still have to tell it when your selling stuff in order to accuratly keep track of your inventory.

2. If there is more than 1 page of goods put in the trade window you're screwed cause ocr will only see the first page.

in order to really implement it you would still have to click onto the first page of stuff, click a button to ocr it, then click on page 2, then click to ocr...etc

you're really not gonna be saving much time that way.

Seriously try the program out, there isn't as much typing as you think. And in the final release I'm planning on having the ability for people to set default markups for things and a sort of search / auto complete bar for picking the item where you only have to type the first couple letters of the word and it will auto complete to the closest result of the item you're buying / selling.

thanks for your comments though!

Hehe, yep, you can't get rid of laziness when it involves work! :silly2: Thanks for the explanation about the ocr bit, though it kinda crushes my hopes and dreams for an automated program. :ahh: Technically, you could get a readout when selling on the "confirm trade" page... Anyway, I'll definitely try it as it is.
- Chris

1. I don't get this? Are you talking about auction fee? you can calculate that too.

2. So add a "scan" button that just adds items and let the user change page manually.

3. That "calculate % from price" button is unnecessary, you could make it such that it calculates the % if you enter something in the ped box, and calculates ped value if you enter something in the % box.. saves one click when using it :)

Pretty sure he was talking about the trade window when selling, at least that what I was.... :wtg:

2. So add a "scan" button that just adds items and let the user change page manually

1. This program is for private trades mostly, and doesn't yet have the option to take into consideration auction fees. But that's something that could be added into the final release.

2. Perhaps I'll look into the OCR, however I'm not an expert on the area and it was enough work just getting the program to this level :silly2: Really, I didn't see OCR as being really needed I mean are people SOOO bloody lazy that they can't type a couple letters or numbers? Next thing people will be wanting the program to spam their rates in chat for them, then to confirm trades on it's own and eventually just play the game for them... :rolleyes:

Consider this tool in comparison to your current tracking method. And even though it doesn't have OCR it'll still save you a lot of time and typing!

3. I put the button there for people that prefer to use the mouse. All you have to do is enter a sale price and hit enter to calculate the %. :)

thanks for your comments, remember this is a beta release so I'm still looking for things that should be implemented in the final release!

Cool tool. :)

But... Doesn't that mean that traders get more efficient, and I don't? :scratch2:
Oh what ever... It's a nice tool anyway ;)

Nice tool! Ugly UI though ;) I could design a new one, I'll have alot of free time this weekend. Heres a button that I made a few mins ago:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
I could do a different color scheme or whatever if you wanted ;) If you want me to do some more, PM me.

I guess I should have qouted better, I meant it like this:

1. I don't get what the problem is? Are you talking about auction fee? you can calculate that too.

Nice tool! Ugly UI though ;)
I could do a different color scheme or whatever if you wanted ;) If you want me to do some more, PM me.

well I had a nice design done but I found that it was a little hard on the eyes, decided that a standard program look would suffice, especially since this is in beta.

I'm planning on changing the header image for sure! But the buttons and such... perhaps in the future if this program become the standard for trading...

*shrugs* thanks for the offer though, I may take you up on that in the future

I guess I should have qouted better, I meant it like this:
1. I don't get what the problem is? Are you talking about auction fee? you can calculate that too.

I mis-typed that. I mean private trades, not auctions.

Yes, it could be possible to add the peauction, mytwopecs stat info and subtract the market value you want to set up a default purchase and sale price, I'll probably add a feature like this in at some point.

No, OCR really isn't a good option to put in because in private trades only other peoples stuff is listed out during the trade. Anything that you put in the trade window isn't shown in text form anywhere.

However, there is a list that appears when confirming, but it would still have to be scrolled down to be able to get all the items, and I'm not going to make a program that interface and does stuff to EU as that's against EULA.

so, yes to peauction and setting default rates

and no to OCR, unless a)someone can help with that, b)there is a way of doing it that makes it worth while c)it can be done without break EULA

hope that clears things up.

On another note, have some people tried the program yet? any errors or problems I should know about? I want to be sure I've included all the files needed for the program to run.

It is possible to use OCR for the trades.. I had this system working when i was up on CND last year.

just a little bump,

So have some people tried the program yet?

Were there any problems or errors?

Any suggestions, questions or comments?

:)

Nothing I do under "settings" seems to stick. When I close the app and open it again settings are back to default.

I would really love to have textures and tailoring materials instead of ores/enmatters....

I see some legal issues here. For once it's totally wrong to have MA's logo in there since MA is not involved in your app. While removing the logo I'd also remove the entropiauniverse.com-address as that's also misleading.

Just add an about-box where you state what this program is for and list all trademarks. That should put you on the safe side.

At least I'd do that...

Reactions: Ozi
Nothing I do under "settings" seems to stick. When I close the app and open it again settings are back to default.

I would really love to have textures and tailoring materials instead of ores/enmatters....

yeah the settings is still a work in progress, the item sets doesn't work as of yet and settings are reset after the program is closed. I'll look into that.

I was thinking of adding in a way for people to adjust the lists of buyable goods... I'll do that today and post in here when that update is complete, you should then be able to add whatever you like to the program. :)

I see some legal issues here. For once it's totally wrong to have MA's logo in there since MA is not involved in your app. While removing the logo I'd also remove the entropiauniverse.com-address as that's also misleading.

Just add an about-box where you state what this program is for and list all trademarks. That should put you on the safe side.

At least I'd do that...

perhaps, that was merely a place holder image during beta... but I guess I should change it... perhaps with the update I make today it will be changed. thanks for your comments!

I was thinking of adding in a way for people to adjust the lists of buyable goods... I'll do that today and post in here when that update is complete, you should then be able to add whatever you like to the program. :)

Sweet!

Btw, it would also be cool if we could export our inventories into text or csv files. :)

Sweet!

Btw, it would also be cool if we could export our inventories into text or csv files. :)

that already happens lol. the log.csv file with the program has everything in there. open it with notepad or excel to see ;) excel lays it out nicer

Great work mate:) +rep

Nice this would make my life easier now LOl..in EU:D

+rep

that already happens lol. the log.csv file with the program has everything in there. open it with notepad or excel to see ;) excel lays it out nicer

oh.... :ahh:

Nice Job

Very nice jobs. +rep mate.

With some improvement it could be a great tools for a miner too.

Very nice jobs. +rep mate.

With some improvement it could be a great tools for a miner too.

hehe well in time who knows...

just an update, right now I'm working on the ability to add any item you want to the program, should be done by tonight and I'll post the update here.

This is the list of things that are on the horizon for the program...

- Being able to add items
- Making predictions about sale price and profit from previous transactions
- Having a live stream of peauction / mytwopecs rates
- A daily profit panel showing the breakdown of your transactions for that day (not just the all time amounts)
- A way of taking auction fees and refining costs into consideration for more accurate profit tracking
- Being able to set default buy and sell %'s for all items
- Saving changes to the settings
- Edit inventory entries manually
- Calculating profits from crafting / hunting / mining runs
- Being able to reset your all time stats

not sure how long it's going to take to get all this done, but believe me donations are a great motivator! lol:laugh: (so if you've got a few efd to spare... I won't say no :silly2:)

Back