Question: Prevention of accidental TT'ing

If it was really affordable, would you use this device?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters

dbelinfante

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Sage
This has been discussed a number of times before, but I haven't seen the following suggestion, so here goes.
Yesterday I tried to put an X5 in auction instead of a T10 (they look identical), but the auction refused it, because the X5 had a Dante on it.
Now I probably would have seen it in time, but it was nice to be warned this way.
And it's the solution to TT'ing stuff you never meant to TT:
Make ALL items ready for attachments. I know this would be an easy thing to do, as items are objects, and objects all come from a basic object (don't wanna get too technical but that's how it works).
So all items already have the option to take an attachment. And an attachment will prevent selling to the auction, the TT or another player.

A second step would be to create generic attachments, which don't do anything but decay everytime the item to which it is attached is equipped. It's just there as a form of insurance. And it's not for free (MA needs an incentive after all :laugh:).
It can't be limited, because then you'd have to detach it in order to repair the item, and that would defeat its purpose. :laugh:

You wouldn't need to use for items that already have an amp, laser or scope attached, as they are already safe, but you could still do it in the case of an (L) gun, so you'd be sure it could never be accidentally sold.

Also, it would perhaps open the way for amps for FAP's and Melee weps.

Decay would be minimal of course, and you'd only use it for valuable items. And pricing would also be in a range where anyone would be able to buy them (think Implant tool, but with way way better decay).

So. Would you use this Generic Attachment?
Please vote.

That's a very great idea. I definately would use it on FAPs etc... and I am sure a lot people would do. But I doubt that MA would implement it, as it's hard to epxlain to beginners... AND it would create the impression that the TT system is not the best idea. So I think MA will not implement it because of politial reasons.

I just hope you get a context menu where you can flag items to be non-TTable.

Thats a great idea, for those that are to lazy to doublecheck what they wanna sell.

Anyways I won´t use it, as I don´t like aditional decay.

Decay on equiping sounds expencive to me! Lets say 1 pec (same as wearing clothes)

Lets say I use this general amp at my two finders (Ore+Enmatter) and then go out mining always bomb - probe - bomb - probe aso.

After 1k bombs and probes every finder is equiped 1k times. Total 2k times equipped results in 20 PED useless decay.
Just to expencive for me, prefer opening my eyes and doublecheck when TTing something!

So my vote is NO won´t use it, but would like to see it implemented for those who need this feature.

Thats a great idea, for those that are to lazy to doublecheck what they wanna sell.

Anyways I won´t use it, as I don´t like aditional decay.

Decay on equiping sounds expencive to me! Lets say 1 pec (same as wearing clothes)

Lets say I use this general amp at my two finders (Ore+Enmatter) and then go out mining always bomb - probe - bomb - probe aso.

After 1k bombs and probes every finder is equiped 1k times. Total 2k times equipped results in 20 PED useless decay.
Just to expencive for me, prefer opening my eyes and doublecheck when TTing something!

So my vote is NO won´t use it, but would like to see it implemented for those who need this feature.
Decay would have to be acceptable. It could well be 1/10 of a pec, or less. We all know MA thrives on the small numbers, spread over a large group of players! :laugh:
If the price was acceptable, would that change anything for you?

If the price was acceptable, would that change anything for you?

Maybe, if I once manage to lay my hands on very valuable items, like uL OA-106 ;)

:cool::yay::yay:
:sniper::boxer:

Well i don't need it. I don't possess any such expensive equipment.
..and never TTing anything when I'm drunk or tired anyway, and double checking when recycling anything. Still i find it as very nice idea. I'm sure many participants will find it as very usefull. MA stated they will make some sort of prevention, I'm curious how it will look like ....perhaps something like this. :)

Just wondering if people would start sending support cases because they forgot use this device, and then confirmed TT for their high end item lol. :laugh:, ...dunno why but i can imagine this to happen.

I voted 'No', as i have eyes which i primarly use for everything.

I find that MA has implemented enough precautions to warn or double check what youre TT'ing.

:)

if they make flags for it, im gonna bitch at support, i want my money back for the items i tt'ed.

The same shitty reason as evrything else, they could have done it much earlyer, and they could have prevented it, but they didnt, just because the costs.

I am not sure to get your "amp" stuff. Me tired. :ahh:

Please let me sumamry what I understood :
- You suppose that MA will not implement the "Lock" checkbox on items.
- You propose to have new items "Locks", working like Amps or Plates.
- User can buy them at TT (or loot or craft).
- User put it on expensive items and the item is locked to TT/Auction.
- Puting or removing this lock will decay it.
- Decay = Money = MA happy = Chance to have it

Was that your thoughts? Please correct me. :)

Is that is your idea, I vote yes.
And the lock could have several checkboxes so that we can choose to lock TT / Auction / Repair / Trade etc... :yay:

I am not sure to get your "amp" stuff. Me tired. :ahh:

Please let me sumamry what I understood :
- You suppose that MA will not implement the "Lock" checkbox on items.
I wouldn't know.
- You propose to have new items "Locks", working like Amps or Plates.
- User can buy them at TT (or loot or craft).
- User put it on expensive items and the item is locked to TT/Auction.
- Puting or removing this lock will decay it.
- Decay = Money = MA happy = Chance to have it

Was that your thoughts? Please correct me. :)
Correct ;)

Yes yes yes yes !!!

Thanks. :)

Now I think it is a VERY GOOD IDEA!
I pray MA read this and implement properly this new item. They will make cash from decay and the most drunken of us will buy these locks to prevent TT'ing our nice items.

I will donate you 500 EFD right now for this GREAT IDEA! ;)

Last edited:
A status, not an object

I've said this before and I'll say again...

Locking an item to prevent accidental TT'ing, P2P Trading, and Auctioning should be a status, not an object, and it should cost nothing. This is about security, not gameplay. A lock as an item is BS.

Set lock status in-game, unlock on website.

Having said that, I would use them where needed if that is how it ends up working, assuming it was affordable.

:beerchug:

Miles

i would use it, but only if i had no other choice.

the first and most obvious reason - i don't think we should have to pay to have our gear protected when such simple solutions exsist as no trade flags (well they don't exist but the possibility to implement them exists).

it would surprise me if they opted for this type of solution when they are so selfless with their gold card scheme.

remember, the client software is supposed to be free, and i suppose its a matter of opinion as to what is deemed client software functions, but to me this is a software fixable solution, so if they did ever implement this, imo their software would deffo not be free to use, and they would lose a hell of a lot of pull factor with their "our sw is free" line.

Dbelinfante has re-invented the padlock. :D

Though, to be honest, in a way that MA might understand it.

Yes, I would use it.

MA like to tie peds up in EU, so make the item 50 peds, with a minute decay (0.00001 pec per equip).
Then we will all tie lots and lots of peds up buying padlocks for the gear we wish to not TT.

Sir, I like the idea.

I would use anything to help me from tting my good stuff. Everyday I am extra car full since the squall affair.

Back