Basic Fruit, Stone, Dung Walking Guide

Status
Great thread, I've never seriously searched for those things, but being a reborn 'noob' again, I will :D.

+rep

People keep asking me where to look for this stuff. Well sometimes you find it in even the busiest of places :eek:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I was going to ask if this stuff drops near swamp camp but after looking at the pic in the prior post I think I have my answer.

Thanks for this thread I will give this a try. :laugh:

Jayne

I was going to ask if this stuff drops near swamp camp but after looking at the pic in the prior post I think I have my answer.

Thanks for this thread I will give this a try. :laugh:

Jayne

Yeah I find it there sometimes too.

Thanks for the advice, never knew that those things popped up in the water...

Really great guide!
Once i found a pile of fruit at the base of a mountain after rolling down from an argo's death blow :silly2:

Really great guide!
Once i found a pile of fruit at the base of a mountain after rolling down from an argo's death blow :silly2:

Hmm, interesting. Will try that strategy next time :D

Really great guide!

I'd say you lost them on your way down :D:D:D

Ty for making this guide, it will really help!

My disciple (only a week in game and basically 0 skills) told me at a TP run that she wanted to see the stars so I bought her a ticket to CND ;)

It was clear that in order to get down to the planet again she would need to earn PED somehow or deposit. So she decided to explore the domes by walking.

On day 1 she found about 200 fruit and 112 kaldon.
Today (day 2) she found 410 kaldon. Considering markup that euqals what - X or XI ore find? Her plan is now to walk around on CND until she find's her 10000 stone to buy a nice dress.

Well, intersting way to start this game :) If she really reaches this aim I shall give her the title "stone princess" :wtg:

Wanted to post something interesting. If anyone is wondering the distance they can be from fruit, stone, or dung, I have collected a few screen shots to give an idea of what to expect.

Nothing seen

Spawn seen

Distance you can see the spawn after discovered.

Here are some examples with dung :eek:

Alittle tuff to see the difference in distance but this is to give an idea of how many metters you can expect to see a spawn near you. :D

Thanks for reading hope this helps you spot more things on the ground ;)

Kosmos

Great guide. +reps to Kosmosz, Daina, Mandy, and Notbotbi for nice tips.

Very nice guide! :thumbup:

Thanks for taking the time to share this info with new players. :wtg:

I'll move this thread over to the Tutorials forum for easier reference.

Excellent guide!

but the distance you can start to see the fruit is different for me to what you have shown. When I started playing, I started seeing fruit at about 1m distance, now I can see it a bit further, I believe it might have something to do with your perception.

Excellent guide!

but the distance you can start to see the fruit is different for me to what you have shown. When I started playing, I started seeing fruit at about 1m distance, now I can see it a bit further, I believe it might have something to do with your perception.

Do you mind taking some screen shots of what you see and to post your perception. I have thought there is a difference possibly. Would be cool to see if that skill is a factor :D

Made another edit to my guide this evening. A friend captured a video of him walking and finding dung, and it has been added to the guide :yay:

Thank you again fishface.

good luck all,

kosmos

Thanks for this, don't think I have the patience to walk everywhere (running takes long enough) but thanks anyhow :)

I have some vids taken when I find fruit and stones, but when I try to post them in youtube the image looks crappy.

If I find a way to improve the visual quality in youtube I will send you the links so you can use them in your guide, if you want to :)

hmm..

on average, how long or how far apart do you find this stuff? I realize you have to walk all over the place, but is it like showing up as much as mining veins or whatever? I just figured it was like random and 1 might show up ever 50 km or so, but if it's more standard and shows up closer, it might be taking some walks?

Thank you so much!!

I found out about Entropia a few days ago during a debate on RL trading in games and have spent most of my time online sweating with very little luck at all lol

With your help I have found 20 Papplon, which I know is laughable to most peoples standards but it gets this newbie a start that he needs so desperately lol (I hate the term n00b, I hear it everyday in Runescape, where I previously spent most of my time before here)

I have never really been into the whole begging thing which is why this is so good...

Today 20 Papplon, tomorrow the world!! :D

I walk for stones and fruit a lot, to cover my hunting (and now mining) losses and I´ve noticed that the appearance of the fruit, stones and dung is random.

There are times when you walk and find fruit and stones every 10 to 15 minutes. Some times you can find 2 piles of stones one next to the other. Other times you don´t find even dung for an hour or more.

Its Dynamic :D

I walk for stones and fruit a lot, to cover my hunting (and now mining) losses and I´ve noticed that the appearance of the fruit, stones and dung is random.

There are times when you walk and find fruit and stones every 10 to 15 minutes. Some times you can find 2 piles of stones one next to the other. Other times you don´t find even dung for an hour or more.

Its Dynamic :D

This is also my observation. In fact I turned it into a ritual before any real mining run to do a stone walk first (I call it surface mining meanwhile). When I find more than 2 instances of anything >23 I mine amped. Of course I have not collected enough statistical data to proof this luck indicator, but so far I'm doing well with this method. I'm currently on my way to CND to test the theory, so keep an eye on the HOF list ;)

At first, I had trouble selecting and picking up fruit and rocks when they popped in shallow water. Moving the camera so it is under water fixes that problem.

Great guide! :D +rep from me

They do show up while running, but by the time they show on your screen, most likely you will have passed them and not noticed them.

I see many ppl say that when running the fruits/stones dosen`t appear...it`s not true..when i go to "fruit hunting" i always run and i usually have better results then walking..you always need to look around avatar feet..when you run and pass around a fruit stack you will see like a flash appear on the ground and disappear very fast ..when you see that u simply stop go back and pick your fruits..the worst part on this method is with stones..they usually have the ground color and are less visible to spot them..

I think fruits/stones appear random all over the world and are visible for everyone who pass near them..so if you are running you cover a great distance with more chances to find them..

Selling the stuff....

You know that the reason to get the fruit/stone/dung is to make money.

I know you can sell fruit and stone to auction, but what about dung?

You cant sell it at auction, TT value is low.

I have 667 right now (almost a perfect #), so what do I do with it?

Who do I sell it to, or what is the selling price for dung?

__:acid:
:confused:

+ rep for your thread

You know that the reason to get the fruit/stone/dung is to make money.

I know you can sell fruit and stone to auction, but what about dung?

You cant sell it at auction, TT value is low.

I have 667 right now (almost a perfect #), so what do I do with it?

Who do I sell it to, or what is the selling price for dung?

__:acid:
:confused:

+ rep for your thread

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Material&id=475

This is the only use for it at present, it really isnt worth buying the growth particles and refining them though unless you have a buyer set up first...just save them for now :)

Actually, being considered as one of the cheapest to get heavy stackable material, it is also used for some other uses, for example, testing the weight effect on your avatar, or intentionally slowing down your character :).
Plus, being an extrement it is also used for fun purposes xD.

Status
Back