Basic Fruit, Stone, Dung Walking Guide

Status
it was fun to use dung to annoy some spammers but now with the 1 pec minimum restriction it is no longer annoying :(. (1k of dung can be sold for about 1 ped)

Fruit and stone price recovered a bit and sweat has not I decided to bump my guide.

Its a verry nice guide!:wtg:

Thought of something. just a thought. dont flame me lol...

Finding fruits and stones might depend on claims beeing found in the area nearby. maybe it works like this:
every time someone hits a claim theres an XX% chance that fruit will spawn for enmatter and stone will spawn for ore in a radius of XX metres.

this seems to be pretty logic as alot of people mine on CND. its easy to find fruit and stone on CND. mostly i find stones on CND, most people do ore on CND :) maybe theres a connection. i also experienced bigger average amounts per find of stone/fruit at CND, so maybe it also depends on claim size.

- Necros

Nope. You can find fruit, dung, and stones everywhere. Has nothing to do with mining, you can find it in places where you can not mine. Finding them or not, has to do with the area, they have spawn-areas like mobs etc, in which there is a higher chance to find any.

Nope. You can find fruit, dung, and stones everywhere. Has nothing to do with mining, you can find it in places where you can not mine. Finding them or not, has to do with the area, they have spawn-areas like mobs etc, in which there is a higher chance to find any.

Correct, even CP contains fruit and stones and no mining claims at all.

maybe claims also have some sort of influence on SOME of the fruit/stone spawns :)

as they also spawn at cnd. i got to think about that maybe they are spawned by globals :p and remember.. i still think its in an XX metres range from the place it happens.

Finding them or not, has to do with the area, they have spawn-areas like mobs etc, in which there is a higher chance to find any.

If it's tied to the type of mob in an area, it makes sense that Neverdie has some control over the amount of spawns of the stuff up on the rock since he controls what mobs are where and what maturity level they are...

If it's tied to the type of mob in an area, it makes sense that Neverdie has some control over the amount of spawns of the stuff up on the rock since he controls what mobs are where and what maturity level they are...

i do find alot of stuff in dome 16 and 17 compared to the others... dasps might be good for that stuff ^^

I think CND is just one big amplifier, for mining and for fruits/stones/dung as well. That is why most of the stone spawns up there are 3 or 4 times bigger than what you can find on calypso.

When I was on CND walking for stones I found most of my fruit and stones in Dome 7 (the mob free dome) so I doubt the spawn has any relation to mobs.

ahh so you have to walk to find dung.. i didnt know that lol thanks for this one!

More material resource locations

The guide recommends Treasure Island, Nus Lul, and the Port Atlantis area as good places to go walking, but I haven't seen much mention of anywhere else.

So, just the other day, I was returning from Fort Zeus to Fort Argus and decided to walk a bit to enjoy the scenery. Much to my surprise, I picked up some Kaldon, some Brukite, and some Papplon for my lazy ways! Try walking just a bit East of those cottages that are East of Fort Argus.

Watch out for the Maffoids. Get too close to the mountains and you may annoy an Argonaut Hunter and friends. Other than that, you'll see mostly beginner mobs.

Is anybody else willing to share where they have found material resources? Come on, its a small way to help new players survive, now that sweat prices seem to be down to about 0.40!

Last edited:
Shinook is one of my favourite stone walking areas. It is very potent with spawns on a daily basis and there are no mobs to worry about usually.

Rutol, Brukite, Nissit, Kaldon, Sopur were pretty much some of my findings there.

Other places to try: Segna, Solfaris, Shinook -- places where you can walk without mobs getting in the way.

Edit: Just to quote off on some above posts, the spawn is controlled SERVER side -- please justify and explain how neverdie controls it?

Edit2: Sorry just realised someone did some grave digging.

Last edited:
For me good place is Fort Pandora. The week before the update I walk there for 3 hours every day and I found about 200 kaldon, 200 brukite, some sopur and nissit, and arround 200 fruits from different type. For me is fine place for stoning :) and plus there are no mobs :)

Nice Guide. :wtg:

Is my guide even viable in the new and improved eu?

I logged in for 20 minutes the first day it came out then said @#$@ this when I couldn't move. I guess I will bother to update the pics and details in the guide once the controls aren't crippled anymore.

Glad someone is still getting something out of this.

Best Regaurds,

Kosmos

Is my guide even viable in the new and improved eu?

If you read the vu 10.0 content list, you would know that fruit, dung and stones are not available untill 10.1, and how they will appear is unknown.

If you read the vu 10.0 content list, you would know that fruit, dung and stones are not available untill 10.1, and how they will appear is unknown.

Sow... are there any fruit, dung ore stones to find now? I have seen non so far.

yes, there are fruits and stones now. just walk around for awhile and you will find them.

i like this, pictures are always a plus for me =) thx

I see many people ask how they can make money in this game, or they say they never found fruit, stone, dung on the ground. I am making this thread to provide some basic helpful hints to help you if you fall into either category mentioned above.

In order to see fruit,stone,dung you have to walk. This is achieved by holding W on the keyboard. This can be cumbersome. There is a technique to make walking painless.

Your going to want "navigate with left mouse button" enabled if you don't have it that way already. To enable it Press O. You will see a menu that looks like this.

Enable it and then press O to exit the menu.

Find a spot that you want to start walking in and left click the ground. You will see a bouncing green arrow indicating where you will go to.

I like to right click and hold down the mouse button and move myself slightly in a direction. This keeps me in a auto walk mode. I am currently unaware of another way to enable auto walk ,but this works best for myself. This will prevent repetitive clicking to walk.

I suggest being in 3rd person mode to get a wider view of of the ground. To toggle between 1st and 3rd person you can use your mouse wheel or press 5 on the number pad on the far right of the key board.

Everyone's question is usually, how do I know what I am looking for? Look for flies (they make a buzzing sound) or butterflies, both are indicators of dung and fruit respectfully. Stones on the ground won't give any hints that their around. You have to have quick eyes and pay attention. Its worth it. These days a stone like rutol go for 1.2 PED each :eek:... yes not pec but PED :D

Here are some screen shots of a few fruit dung and stones I have found.

Kaldon

Nissit

Dung

Fruits

Water Spawns

Things do spawn in water. It is easy to notice fruit. Stones have been found in water too. Just have to have fast eyes.

Lastly I wanted to mention that when you find something on the ground it is a good indicator there is more to be found. Some spots seem to be better than others. Some well known places to walk are treasure island, nuss lull, and port atlantis area. I am not providing specific directions to walk I will leave that up to you to find out. Also if you walk and see something then it disappears, guess what? You can walk back and it will be there.

Best advice I can give is walk and have fun exploring. :D

Edit....

Thank you alice for the pics of the missing stones I needed. The post can only have 12 images displayed so I am providing links only, or you can scroll down to see thumbnails in alice's post below.

Missing Stones

Brukite

Rutol

Sopur

Missing Fruit

Halmoros

Also easier auto walking can be achieved by doing the following.

You can press and hold W, press 'Enter', release W, and then press 'Enter' again.

Thank you for the contribution to help improve the guide Daina and Nobatbbi

Another edit as of Nov 15 2008

Added a bit of detail about distance of stone, dung, and fruit spawns.

Click here

Video of how to basically walk added Nov 22. Thanks Fishface for the video.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKhF2IbU5pc[/YOUTUBE]
Project to Reveal Spawn Locations
Understanding Market Value of fruits/stone

thanks for tips :yay:

for those how may wonder ...
Getting fruits/stones/dung like this give u more or less same profit/day than sweating with some additional benefits:

1. u can do this while getting tp's
2. u could hit a 'stone tower' ... my best to date was Rutol (24) sold in auction for 28 peds, also brukite (113) and some other stuff ... a soc mate got brukite (280) a few weeks ago
3. it's by far less stressing than catching a moving mob, trying not to die, but u die, go catch the mob again, waiting for a no-fail shot, the mobs runs out far from vsk-1 just before getting sweat, catching the mob again, mobs runs again to the closer turret and dies, catching the mob again, this time ur vsk-1 starts collecting faster, mobs come to u and do critical dmg, getting out of revival jumping because too much people obstructing, looking for someone who wanted to heal u for free, fail in that, catching the mob again, your vsk-1 not working fast this time and mobs start making dmg to u, a noob hunter comes and kills your combibo, catchig a mob again, finnaly collecting sweat starts again, u start praying for not to die, SUCCESS!, loot window shows 1 bottle of sweat collected, mob kills u ... rinse and repeat

:D

2. u could hit a 'stone tower' ... my best to date was Rutol (24) sold in auction for 28 peds, also brukite (113) and some other stuff ... a soc mate got brukite (280) a few weeks ago

Sign a new record - 51 Rutol on pile, sold for 52 PED at auction :)

I've found quite a lot of nice finds with stones last week as well....

Brukite - 198

Sopur - 119

Nissit - 171

I still find stones and such, but not nearly as much as those quanitities were. Maybe not time for me to find such large amount for a while again since all my larger quantities are over 100+ of Bombardo now.

Note: Still searching for my "first" find of any Rutol ! LOL

I walk everywhere,never run. I found these after about 9 hours walking. Ill give cords for anyone needing someware to look. brukite,found 373 at 35518by30434 bombardo,(282) at36543by28572. papplon,(351) at38385 by32206.brukite(94) at37645by31218.kaldon(89) at 38944by32004.papplon(103) at36004by29674.caroot(57) at36849 by29114.haimoros(9) at18995by63904. sorry about format only 2nd post. hope cords help spmeone. good luck, and dont run.

Really good informations:)

And thanks for the cords. I need brukite so will take a walk around:yay:

Status
Back