!!If u know somthing about PC's HELP ME !!

CycoKick

Marauder
Society
Exiles Hideout
Cyco Kick Maniac
hey, Im looking to buy a new pc. (Second hand)

Cause my old sytem is fallin appart:ahh:

Got a few offers today, And As I am a bloody noob i need ur help to tell me the best one :)

Antec Performance One P160
AMD 6000+ 89watt
2x 160GB Sata in raid-0
MSI K9N SLI-2F
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD3870 Ultimate (Passive)
Ninja Plus Rev. b cpu cooling
OCZ Modstream 520watt modulair power supply
Lite-on dvd brander
400euro

Core 2 Duo E4400 (2.0 Ghz) dual core processor.
DDR2 2 Gb memory
250 Gb harddisk Sata2
8800 GTS
Black case, with silver
DVD burner Sata
(350euro)

Motherbord : 40,-
Winfast ( foxconn )
MCP61SM2MA-ERS2H
( am2 motherbord with nvidia - mcp61 chipset )

Processor : 80,-
AMD X2
6000+ , 3.0 Ghz Dual-Core

Memory : 40,-
Crucial 2 x 1 Gb DDR2 PC6400

grafickaart :100,-
Powercolor
x1950 pro 256 MB
( SAme build as Shapire version, Only powercolor has a beter quality fan)

210 Euro total.
If I want it assembled with a new case, and power supply

Ill be adding more systems during the day

Last edited:
I'd go with the core 2 duo. But thats just me. I like intel and Nvidia GC's. Might want to add a couple more gb of ram to it tho.

Blackjack :cowboy:

Voeding = power supply

hope that helped a bit :D

Is a 8800 series enough though?

And is 350 a right price?

would be nice to know what ram have the first setting ... for now , it seems to me the best one.

Go the Duo but try to upgrade the vid card mate.
I run 2 8800 gts currently on Sli (twin cards linked) I'm looking already for better.
A 9800 gt added to the Core duo may be delightful, cost effective and Cry protective and worth the extra but less bucks in the end .

Checking right now

Go the Duo but try to upgrade the vid card mate.
I run 2 8800 gts currently on Sli (twin cards linked) I'm looking already for better.
A 9800 gt added to the Core duo may be delightful and worth the extra bucks.

is it possible to run 2 8800 of those on this rig?

or could u run a 8800 and a 9800?

Nah cards need to be same in pairs not mismatched or problems,
I run Asus Striker NSE and dual cards with 4gb DDr3 ram.
Motherboard needs to be Sli capable or you dont have 2-3 slots for adittional same cards to link together :)

Core 2 duo without esitation. AMD procs sux as hell.

U need a good MB, u need a good main feed, especialy when SLI, let say large over 550 W. HDD sux a lot of powa too, so 600/700 watts is a minimum for lil sli correct rig.

would be nice to know what ram have the first setting ... for now , it seems to me the best one.

No ram in it. But I could fit a 4GB Kingston 667MHz in it, Found it to be quite cheap at 92 bucks.

The Core 2 sounds OK, but it will be good to know what Motherboard is in it (this a must now... for future upgrades, and to see if it's SLI).
Can you get it without the video card? If so, you can get a 8900 series card, 1 more GB of RAM and you should be good.

Ram is a cert for 4gb
Vid card/. cards most important above what you were offered
Mobo 'motherboard' well thats able to be changed in short term cheaply if you decide SLI.... on proviso RAM fits the new board.
Its a bit of a gamble as most of these cheap rigs RAM is old and out dated so any upgrade of mobo is close to not possible.

MSI K9N SLI-2F
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD3870 Ultimate (Passive)

This ain't going to work.
SLI and CROSSFIRE are different.
U can't use CROSSFIRE on a SLI motherbaord and visa versa.

If u want to buy a good system, try the pc-builder from www.alternate.nl.
and order the parts from www.cool-prices.nl.

If u need info, i am dutch and willing to help u out.
Depending how much u can spend, we can look for the top what u can buy for that price.

greetings,

bigdeal

No ram in it. But I could fit a 4GB Kingston 667MHz in it, Found it to be quite cheap at 92 bucks.

are you going to run x64 system ? if not you don't need (and they'll never be used) 4GB. XP has limit of 2GB (or 3GB with boot switch which is sometimes unstable), vista has limit of 4GB - ~200MB (depends on other devices) - gxf card RAM size. better buying faster and less.

besides that those configs you posted are second hand ? If I look at prices here it seems like you'll be paying price of new rig (but yeah it's wholesale prices).

As for SLI or crossfire IMO stay away. power hungry. not supported everywhere. HD4850 is a bit slower than 8800GT in SLI, while a lot cheaper. don't buy 19XX series, they're outdated and IMO they were overheating a lot reducing their lifetime.

C2D + HD4850 not that you have any there.
If I had to choose from those systems you posted I would get the first one, however as was stated AMDs suck.

Back