A Monthly Mining Event: Z-Games

Mercury

Marauder
Society
Dark Templar
Jenna "Star" Mercury
poster2.jpg

Coordinates of Shopkeeper/Revival: (18080, 59300)

4th Round of Z-Games
Start: 2009-5-1 @ 16:00
End: 2009-7-1 @ 16:00
(Screenshots accepted 24 hours after this must show time stamp from before the end of the contest)

General Information/Rules
The Z-Games have a card similar to the game “Bingo”. The goal is to fill in you card with entries forming a straight line 5 entries across; they can be arranged horizontally or diagonally. You fill in your card by obtaining Ore or Enmatter finds which start with the letters G, A, M, E, and S. The coordinates of your resource claim deed will be used as well when filling in your card. This will be done by selecting 1 number or 2 consecutive numbers in EITHER your X or Y coordinates for your claim deed.

*Important Note: You MAY NOT fill in your card vertically since this would result in having to find only 5 of the same resource (which is far too easy).

An example: Gold found at (3133, 33333)
This would fit into the G section of the card and would be usable for any 1, 3, 13, 31, or 33 in your card’s G section. *Note that there is no 31 or 33 possible in the G*

Another example: Solis Paste found at (3125, 32500)
This would fit into the S section of the card and would be usable for any 3, 1, 2, 5, 0, 31, 12, 25, 32, or 50 in that section. This wouldn’t be very useful though as the card’s S section is in the 60-75 range.

*Important Note: You must specify which of the numbers you will use that particular find for when the screenshot is posted. You MAY NOT use the same find for multiple numbers in that section. Because of this Editing of posts isn't allowed. If you make a mistake, post right after it saying what the mistake was.

As you can see there is no Z section on the card. This is a bonus multiplier. In order to obtain the multiplier, you’ll need to find either Zanderium or Redulite in any location on the Land Area. You may also substitute globals and hofs added together valued over 2k as your Z multiplier if neither Zanderium nor Redulite is found.

The word GAMES was selected because there is at least 1 resource on this LA starting with each of the letters needed. Garcen, Gold, Acid Root, Magerian, Melchi, Erdorium, and Solis are all known to be found on LA 45 as well as Zanderium. There are many other resources not beginning with G, A, M, E, or S found on this LA.

*Important Note: If you do happen to find a mineral or enmatter not listed that begins with G, A, M, E, or S, feel free to use it!

The entire resource list on this LA is listed in the thread for LA 45 found here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/property/115595-la-45-miners-mountain.html

How to Win
Filling in your card wins you a minimum of 25 PED.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place are decided by the combined claim size values of your 5 claims used to complete your card (5 roman numerals added).
The Z-Multiplier doubles your prize. This means if you get 1st place and have found Zanderium on the LA as well, you’ll receive a 800 PED hunt or 1100 PED for a prize.

“Z-GAMES” Card
The Z-GAMES card will change every month so be sure that you have the most recent card before participating. The current card will be displayed below as well as the card from the month prior.

Current Card

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Previous Card None (1st month of contest)

Event prizes (every month):

First place:
Option (A) 400 PED Ammo Hunt with Star, Full Armor Used on Any Mob (You Loot Mobs)
Option (B) 550 PED
*Big Daspletors & Big Spiders only mobs not included
**Option A or B, not both :p

Second place:
OA-104 (L)

Third place:
OA-103 (L)

*Multiply Any of the Prizes by 2 if you have the Z-Multiplier
(Including Bonus Prizes)

Screenshot rules apply

All screenshots must have the time and position (C/P) and the claim deed must be open with the claim position and size visible. If it is a Global or HOF, please be sure to have the Global or HOF message visible.

*All screenshots must be posted within 24 hours

Additional prizes

Highest Single Claim: 50 PED for the highest claim found each month.

Most Claims: 100 PED will be awarded for the most total Global and HOF claims found on this land area each month.

Post your screenshots in this thread within 24 hours.

Best of Luck and dust off your gear for the 1st Z-Games!

If you have questions feel free to ask in this thread or PM. I reserve the right to slightly adjust the rules within the 1st week in case there is something I missed.

Addition to the Rules: Post ONLY your Globals, Hofs, or Scorecard finds in this thread. If you find a larger find that fits the scorecard you may substitute it in. Do not post random normal finds unless they are Zanderium or Redulite.

Important Note: Having run 1 round of the Z-Games, I realized that we could save confusion regarding scores if we have some additional rules in effect for posting your scores. Please post your find Size, Type, and Spot on the card when posting. Also, if you finish a line, PM me with the line you've finished as well as your score. Please check your opponents to be sure everything is in line and let me know if you see anything that doesn't seem right in their screenshots.

Last edited:
Final Scoreboard for May 1st - July 1st:
(Results not yet Finalized!)

zgamesboardjuly1end.jpg

Last edited:
Results for May 1st -> July 1st (Official Results)

1st Place Finisher (400 PED Hunt or 550 PED)
manciuster G2->S: 56

2nd Place Finisher (OA-104)
PopFuzz G1->S74: 46
*Z-Multiplier! x2 = 2x OA104

3rd Place Finisher (OA-103)
Shiek G2->S63: 43

Highest Find (50 PED)
PopFuzz: 1918 PED
*Z-Multiplier! x2 = 100 PED

Most Total Global and HoF Finds (100 PED)
PopFuzz: ? Over 3k PED
*Z-Multiplier! x2 = 200 PED

Results now official.

Last edited:
Results are now official for the contest ending July 1st.

Last edited:
Subscribing ... looks like a lot of fun. I may just have to become a miner for a little while. ;)

Interesting format, and nice to see something for the miners :)

Hope it goes well, if I was anything more than a very occasional miner I'd give it a shot. Maybe I will anyway :D

Great idea Star.
Time to dust off finders and try to win free PEDs :tower:

Subscribes : Seryse Rysie Destiny

Will be great fun:yay:

I want the Ara hunt!!!:wtg::laugh:

Nice way to put things up. Think you can do the A with Alicen as well (I believe there is some overthere)

Very nice event, GL with it.

Bad I am a total mining Noob ;)

OOooOOo look like a challenge.....:wtg:

Any excuse to try and squeeze some free peddies out the General...lolol..:eek:

I think I shall have to have a go!....:laugh:

Interesting format, and nice to see something for the miners :)

You had something for the miners for a year soon, it's called Defend your Claim;)

On topic:
Great event Star, looks really fun. Best of luck with it!!

Lets spread our

before.jpg

and fly up to Miners Mountain. When i am back from CND i surely give it a try. Still i am a bit puzzled how to fill in that Z-card...

Seems like fun and finally a new idea in the events....just a bit complicated after reading it first time :)

But it's good to see some creativity in the Mining Event System... +Rep

One question tho':
If let's say the winner will go to PvP4 with you to kill Muulak'f and you finish the 400 PEDs of ammo....he was looting....You won't PK him right?? He he he he....

wow this looks like an interesting event!
maybe I should start ore mining after all :silly2:

Now that's an intresting event. Great idea, and a challenge. :D

Nice one Star! :wtg:

interessting but i didnt got the rules

so i ask again to get a hit in the G section i will have to find gold,garcen with 13,14,1,11 or 2 in my coords of the claim?

You had something for the miners for a year soon, it's called Defend your Claim;)

Yes, I guess what I meant was that it's nice to see another event for the miners - they don't get many :)

A couple questions.

Before I post any pics, can I replace a square with a better claim. For example, I find M 41 with a lvl IV Magerian, can I replace it later with a Lvl X Melchi if it qualifies?

And if I were to win first place with the multiplier, could I claim 550 PED and a 400 PED hunt?

And when you say TT value, you mean claim size right? IV, V, X etc...?

Mining is a little more fun with a goal :)

i have a few questions too... is the coma counting or not? exemple if i have a claim 3215, 35218 coud i use the 53? or not? and when u say under G 1 or 2 is that just 1 number or do i have to have 01 or 02 in coords? tell me fast i have plenthys of screens to post ^.^:rolleyes:

Btw, loots sux lol i hope i'll win to have a part of my looses back:vampire:
well i guess everyone emptied the zone before me :eek:;)

interessting but i didnt got the rules

so i ask again to get a hit in the G section i will have to find gold,garcen with 13,14,1,11 or 2 in my coords of the claim?

Yes that's right. As long as in the X or Y there are 2 numbers in a row that make up 13, 14, 1, 11...can't use 22141, 30011 for the 13 (1, 3) doesn't work as 1 is in the X and the 3 is in the Y. You could use 1, 2, 14, or 11 though.

A couple questions.

Before I post any pics, can I replace a square with a better claim. For example, I find M 41 with a lvl IV Magerian, can I replace it later with a Lvl X Melchi if it qualifies?

And if I were to win first place with the multiplier, could I claim 550 PED and a 400 PED hunt?

And when you say TT value, you mean claim size right? IV, V, X etc...?

Mining is a little more fun with a goal :)

Yes you can increase your score with a different claim. The 1st place with multiplier, I suppose what you suggested is fine (both 550 PED and a hunt). TT value means ped value displayed on the deed. I total those up for the ones near the top.

i have a few questions too... is the coma counting or not? exemple if i have a claim 3215, 35218 coud i use the 53? or not? and when u say under G 1 or 2 is that just 1 number or do i have to have 01 or 02 in coords? tell me fast i have plenthys of screens to post ^.^:rolleyes:

Btw, loots sux lol i hope i'll win to have a part of my looses back:vampire:
well i guess everyone emptied the zone before me :eek:;)

Nope can't count 53 there. :)

1 counts with just 1, no 01 needed.

Ok then...

Ok, let's kick it off.....

M 41 IV

M 43 XIII

M 31 VI

A 27 III

G 2 IV

A 28 III

A 21 V

Sorry, yea the levels of the claims will be totaled, not the pedvalue as that won't be displayed. :)

For highest single I'm sure it will be a global or hof so we'll use the pedvalue on that.

For highest total, we'll add all the I, II, III, etc and see who has the highest roman numeral.

cool contest, I may just have to use up some of my amps soon :D

~D

For highest total, we'll add all the I, II, III, etc and see who has the highest roman numeral.

Oh, I missed this part in the rules :ahh:

does that mean that I should screen shot all my claims whether they fit the Z-board or not?

Yes highest total and single get prizes - even if they don't go on the board and aren't any GAMES or Z mineral. They still count for total.

Rule Adjustment to make it easier:

As you can see there is no Z section on the card. This is a bonus multiplier. In order to obtain the multiplier, you’ll need to find Zanderium in any location on the Land Area. You may also substitute globals and hofs added together valued over 2k as your Z multiplier if Zanderium is not found.

This means just add all your globals and hofs together and if they are over 2k total then you get the Z Multiplier.

3 More...

M 41 VI

A 28 VII

E 59 III

Back