New IRC Network for project-entropia

Gotta say, I joined pechat.net last night and had a great time :D
Most fun I've had on IRC in years :tongue2: Great job you guys!! :cool:

ultimababe said:
Gotta say, I joined pechat.net last night and had a great time :D
Most fun I've had on IRC in years :tongue2: Great job you guys!! :cool:
Glad you came, we got about 50% of the users from the other network idling so far, most of them are the ones who actualy chat which is cool. But spread the word ingame I would like to see alot more idling :D

Cheers faust for introducing me into it and getting my UBER vhost sorted out... N1! :thumbup:

I got home today and much to my surprise...
Current local users: 47 Max: 50
Current global users: 47 Max: 50
I don't know the exact math but thats atleast 85% of the current player base on the other network!
Thanks guys
Now for the rest of ya who can't seem to get the hint, Stratics is dieing fast and furiouse...
PECHAT.NET NEEDS YOU! :thumbup:
It is up to you, stay with the dead or join the living ;)
I will not stop untill the other PE channel is a rotting waistland :evilking:

Sorry I'm just happy to see it grow so fast :eek:

The chanops on stratics won't like this!!!

Oh wait...

Leafren said:
The chanops on stratics won't like this!!!

Oh wait...
LOL whats new?

/me slaps Faustian with a modified Poopup channel

I would like to welcome our newest Operator....
Lars|MindArk
Thanks for joining and hanging out with us in the main channel :D

Faustian said:
I would like to welcome our newest Operator....
Lars|MindArk
Thanks for joining and hanging out with us in the main channel :D

w00t. Lars came!

*Red Rover, Red Rover, We call MARCO over!*

just click up there. top right. 'IRC:#PE' .. that goes for anyone who hasnt been to the IRC server before.

Yeah..
IRC is great for chatting no matter where you do it.
Its all about who you wanna chat with.

I saw some french network who had like 60 ppl in their #PE channel. :banana:

Then there is the official channel on stratics for the english speaking people..

And the un-official channel on pechat.net

Quakenet also have a danish #PE channel, if you are danish...

Havent really checked "all" of the networks.. but I think there is a lot more #PE channels out there than people might know...

Prehaps thats why there is so few people in the english speaking channels.

When PE just started stratics were more or less the only network with a steady IRC channel, with more than 200 people in the channel... But as time went on people seems to have made their own channels, often in their native languages, where they could chat about PE..

#PE on pechat.net is prehaps the first network the only focus on Project-entropia, and thats very cool imo.

But I think for it not just to be a network where people go if they have banned or are fed up with stratics, there needs to be drawn more attention to the channel from the other networks... Which is kinda hard since moste other networks dosent like advertising for competetors in their channels.

But wouldent it be cool if there were #PE-"insert your native language here" channels on pechat.
Then I would think there were a purpose of the network other than it being a "riot" against the policies on stratics.

:p

Edit:
Lets not forget that stratics dident "die" or what you wanna call it until the MA supporters werent in the channel anymore. I think its wrong to say that it were the rules or attitude on stratics that is killing the channel. I think the only reason why people decided to join the channel in the first place were that there were MA supporters in the channel. When they dident use IRC anymore people had no reason to say there. Hence the channel "suffered" a rather large deduction in the number of chatters. (Or in moste cases, idlers)
I bet ya, if MA indroduced 24/7 suport again, and used stratics as the base for this... The channel would not be so "dead" anymore...
If MA used pechat, neither would this network seem so dead...

Starfinder said:
But wouldent it be cool if there were #PE-"insert your native language here" channels on pechat.
Then I would think there were a purpose of the network other than it being a "riot" against the policies on stratics.

I don't know about a riot but great idea. Will start making official channels for every language thanks. :D

Faustian:
You could prolly go to that french forum site.. I forgot its name.. alcy-something.. and post there.. That seems to be the biggest french forum..
Ill do the danish forum.. if it haset allready been posted there...

I urge people in various countries to do the same with their "own" forums if such ones exist..
I strongly belive in having the majority of all PE players on the same network.. It dosent really matter if its stratics, pechat or quakenet.. just as long as we are all toghether..

ZarathustrA: Negative rep. ?? No comment ?? Why ? :D

Starfinder said:
Faustian:
You could prolly go to that french forum site.. I forgot its name.. alcy-something.. and post there.. That seems to be the biggest french forum..
Ill do the danish forum.. if it haset allready been posted there...

I urge people in various countries to do the same with their "own" forums if such ones exist..
I strongly belive in having the majority of all PE players on the same network.. It dosent really matter if its stratics, pechat or quakenet.. just as long as we are all toghether..

ZarathustrA: Negative rep. ?? No comment ?? Why ? :D
Cool, as soon as I can wake BI4dE up I'll get the channels registered.
Ah I think he sort of felt you didn't like us any more :D
Is ok though...

Starfinder said:
Edit:
Lets not forget that stratics dident "die" or what you wanna call it until the MA supporters werent in the channel anymore. I think its wrong to say that it were the rules or attitude on stratics that is killing the channel. I think the only reason why people decided to join the channel in the first place were that there were MA supporters in the channel. When they dident use IRC anymore people had no reason to say there. Hence the channel "suffered" a rather large deduction in the number of chatters. (Or in moste cases, idlers)
I bet ya, if MA indroduced 24/7 suport again, and used stratics as the base for this... The channel would not be so "dead" anymore...
If MA used pechat, neither would this network seem so dead...

From my own personal perspective, I disagree. Of course there are those ppl that only care whether or not MA is there. But the thing that really peeved me were the ridiculous Stratics rules and some of the ops over-use of kicking/banning ppl imho.

It is great on pechat to not have to worry about offending some1 with every little word that is said and risk getting kicked by some op that doesn't even play PE... on pechat we talk about what interests us.... including things irrelevent to PE! Wow... what a freaking concept! It's called "getting to know ppl better". Having mature discussions, fun discussions, some debate, and lots of laughs. :wise:
Stratics is a sad place imo... much too much censorship ( I was only kicked from there twice and on both ocassions it was b/c I referenced drinking wine)...

so faust... cheers to you, pechat and its ops :beerchug:

Svetlana said:
From my own personal perspective, I disagree. Of course there are those ppl that only care whether or not MA is there. But the thing that really peeved me were the ridiculous Stratics rules and some of the ops over-use of kicking/banning ppl imho.

Out of interest, if you happen to have any log's that you can find, of a stratics op 'over using' a kick/ban, I'd love to see it.

You may know that I opped that channel for quite a while, I've muted, kicked and banned people in there, and always with justifiable reason (well, sometime a kick is used in jest, but it's always obviously funny)

Stratics rules are strict, yes. You read them each time you join the network, leave if you dont agree with them

PEChat also has rules, the same applies.

I'm not interested in a debate on the pro's and con's of each network, any communication method is a bonus.

Dirk said:
You may know that I opped that channel for quite a while, I've muted, kicked and banned people in there, and always with justifiable reason (well, sometime a kick is used in jest, but it's always obviously funny)

I got a screenie of when you kicked me from #peBay for no reason,also got logs of DevilHimself lying and talking BS so the stratics crew and OP's can go to hell

That Stratics official something something OP Cerivox (Cerixus?) spammed me several times with useless shit and when I added to ignore I got banned from #project-entropia

So thats why #PEchat rules and Stratics sucks

now now. lets not have to lock this thread. =P

we love all thing pe related. stratics or faust's.

i just use fausts because its preferable to me to 'chat' on an irc server run by a player of the game, than an irc server run by a company who handles many games.

its just more .. personal.

:laugh: *personally* :laugh:

I agree with dash, no point in turning this into a row.

To defend myself a little tho: Knuckles, yeah I actually remember that, I booted you from #pebay, which is an unofficial channel, with no rules or regulation, because you joined it a few moments after being banned from the #project-entropia channel for being.... well... for being Knuckles.

Moaning about being kicked from stratics #pebay is like complaining that someone kicks you from their own soc channel.

I'll say this once only and I'll not enter into a debate about it (cos it's pointless) Stratics has written policy and procedure, all ops follow these procedures, or should follow them. All Ban's have to be justified and will be overruled by a 'higher up' person if the ban is deemed to be without merit. If you get a lengthy ban from a stratics channel, then it's a group decision, not the decision of one person - so they all have to agree. You may think the users are 'regulated' hard, it's nothing compared what the ops deal with.

Complaining about the policy of a free service is lame, particularly when there are, as Starfinder has pointed out, many other IRC networks out there.

Ok, I'm done, I really dont mean to moan on about this, I just get a little wound up with people saying "Hey, I broke a rule and got punished for it, this place sucks"

Dirk you ever gonna join us?

Dirk said:
Ok, I'm done, I really dont mean to moan on about this, I just get a little wound up with people saying "Hey, I broke a rule and got punished for it, this place sucks"

heh. ;) I got away with more than I should have. I know that. I only got kicked a couple times. But that was for enforcing stratics rule.

i have no prob with you enforcing the (lack of) PEChat law =)

Dirk said:
I'll be there shortly. ;)
Cya there Dirk...
I would like to Welcome Hally as our newest OP on the network...
be sure to trout slap him when ya see him ;)

I wonder why I aint a OP :hammer:

Back