Since people are bored on these forums.

Status

mmabigshow

Alpha
MMA Big Show
I thought I would share some thoughts on the EU community. I'm sure this will get some blood moving through an otherwise dying system.

I came to Entropia with an open mind from Age Of Conan, WOW and every other MMO that came out before them. I wanted something to play at night primarily while trying to fall asleep.

I came into EU naked, unknowing and full of ideas while exploring the many opportunities that lie before me in this new world.

Being also full of ignorance as to the number of two faced, lying, cheating, scamming, greedy, pandering trolls that plague the community in a major way, beating down any chance of a high retention within the game, I ventured off into my own efforts with nothing but roadblocks, jealousy and constant attacks.

After several months I've learned that EU simply isn't what it once was. The opportunity is now minimal unless you have $25,000 to invest at minimum and there are always going to be people trying to stand in your way or bring you down if at all possible. Even then, it's nothing but trust fund brats with entitlement issues and deeply rooted insecurities selling things back and forth to each other on speculation while parading around as though their time and money invested in the game merits some form of community hug on their behalf and dare they not get it or they will blow up on you like this kid.

I came to this community with true and honest intentions only to deal with the backlash caused by those who came before me and left nasty tastes in the mouths of the once forgiving and inspired community.

I see so much complaining on these forums about lack of loot, MA nerfing this or changing another thing as people play less and troll more readily available to beat down the notion of anyone accomplishing more or gaining more from EU than they have with all their time invested.

I would think Forgive and Forget your past would be something to help this community grow in the future. Embrace the new ideas of the newcomers wanting to accomplish something in EU instead of remaining perched on your self appointed high horse of almighty wisdom, experience and time spent in a world that has changed so much that your experience is actually limited to understanding the most current VU notes and their impact on this virtual world over previous changes. However, after what I've experienced in this community over the past few months is something I'm still taken aback by and I realize that there is little opportunity for people to forgive and forget because the number of people in this community bent on ruining things for others, or scamming others is so great, it's understandable for people to be cautious.

However, caution and aggression are not the same thing though in this community, many would beg to differ.

I've had run ins with some really shady people in this game who know very well how to pander to the community. They are smart in their methods of +reping everyone they can to build the self esteem of others while building an ever growing shadow over their truest intentions. I see so much pandering on these forums alone by people who would steal their mothers wallet in the blink of an eye, yet they have the support of so many people. I can't help but to laugh at the number of posts or comments I've read about people getting scammed out of something huge who has been a positive member of the community for so long.

The fact is, EU is a self fulfilling prophecy of people who shun those who are real and genuine because they don't blow smoke up everyone's ass while the true shady characters in the community are praised and defended by the blind group thinkers.

I consider it like George W. Bush and Ron Paul. There are still people who support Bush after everything he has done. People who live for Faux News and eat up everything the network has to offer while genuine folks like Ron Paul are constantly cast aside.

I've had people bash me on the forums, get banned, email me and apologize, then come back here, bash me again as the first thing they do, get banned again and then call me on the phone as though my best friend trying to sell me office space, and this person is supported by many in the community here. Ummm...

I know, the truth is going to hurt a lot egos on this forum and I can smell the sweet neg reps coming in droves, the nasty comments, the bickering and insults. It's really going to set the whole basis for this post in stone.

One thing I know for sure is that for every 1 person offended by this post, there will be 10 others who feel the same way but don't have it in them to say anything.

To be honest, I've lost interest in EU and this post should be more than a sufficient explanation as to why.

Since I came here, I've never lied, cheated, stolen or screwed a single person, I've refunded money to people I don't care for, I've tried to help spice things up in the community, I've done my share of contributions, but I know that the truth hurts many egos here and I've always been willing to speak my mind and for that I will always be a villain in Entropia Universe.

I've made $3,000 in 3 months playing Entropia with a $500 deposit on some skills at the beginning. I'd say I've done alright. I could go into the auction, squeeze some markets and make more money if I really wanted to, but making money is really only a perk to what I really came here to do in the first place and that is to build something new.

In a nutshell, I'm done with the skilling and the community involvement. I may broker a few things here and there to/for those I appreciate in the community and just hang back waiting to see what comes of the new planets but I feel as though I have been biting my tongue for long enough and wanted to say what I feel needed to be said by someone.

The whole point of this post is to say, those of you know who you are that need to get over yourselves. Whether you are the chunky girl who parades around the forums as though some kind of bombshell with an attitude, or a middle aged divorce who plagues the forums with nothing but pessimism and spite, or this guy
retrogamershirts_link1.jpg
who runs around with his parents credit card buying up uber armor and skills to become someone in life only to crap on the peasants, you need to stop and rethink who you are and what you are really trying to accomplish here.

Let the newcomers explore, stop being assholes when someone asks a question unless you yourself have never asked a question in your life, stop trying to tear people down because you are jealous that they are ambitious and capable of doing something you can't. Embrace people you don't know until you have been burned BY THEM. A broken heart can only heal with the ability to forgive and move on and only then will you find peace within yourself. Stop holding onto the past so tightly. Not EVERYONE here is a shady crook.

My flame retardant suit has been burned through already so I'll just bid you farewell and hope you enjoy the thread.

:silly2:

forum rules broken... :rolleyes:

oh well

I didnt read the whole post....is that you in the picture?

some intriguing comments in there.

I understand that you seem to of had it bad thus far.... I also understand that you appear to of been bashed more than most (that i've seen over my years here), but I also understand that in some cases you really didn't help yourself there.

Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing, just that things are what you make them.... when I first came to PE I could of been seen as what you were trying to do (I guess). My brother and I came to PE and jumped in head first, buying a hanger and basicly pushing ourselves into things (in some ways like you did) but not once did we get bashed for what we were doing and I think that may of been because we acting very different to what you have done (not a bash dont forget) but things aren't always quite so one sided.

To talk about ppl like that is probably one of the reasons you have been bashed in the past. For most ppl there business is there business, being uber is being uber and how they got there is noones business but there own and I must say in most cases ppl are VERY different to the way they are portrayed on forums, you just need to get to know them.

You commenting on ppl in a covert way.....again your probably going to get bashed again for those things when there's no reason in my eyes to say things like that, I could probably guess all three ppl you talked bout but I also know its not like the way you say it at all.

onwards and upwards and all that.. w/e

Rip

Have a good time on the outside...

Was there anyone you liked, or has the whole experience been negative so far?

what I don't understand about you MMA is your so concerned about the community and the 'shady' characters, yet you insist on signing your own death warrant time and time again in the forums.

And as for this forum been boring or dieing... well... just shows that actually, you haven't learnt a thing about EU despite people (who know the game and the community so so much more than you do) telling you to just stop what your doing and change your approach.....

I'm sick of playing nice now, offered u advice so much and u haven't taken it, instead you've openly insulted the community you so preciously care about by saying their forum is dead and their game is unplayable unless ur super rich and also having a go at people just cos they're opinionated.

Anyways, I'm off to promote some mixed martial arts cos I read an article on it at the weekend and now I'm the formest expert, and I'm worried about the Mixed martial arts community..... (disclaimer - Sarcasm)

Last edited:
I thought I would share some thoughts on the EU community. I'm sure this will get some blood moving through an otherwise dying system.

I came to Entropia with an open mind

I came into EU naked

Being also full of ignorance

I know, the truth

To be honest,

In a nutshell,

The whole point

Why did u do it so long?:scratch2:

I think you are in to much hurry to fit here. You had some good ideas, but you runned when you needed to crawl. And I think I said in one of your first posts called "I have an idea" that; don't think that hard work leads to success. If your hard work doesn't pay, don't be sad or angry.
You have to much energy, and you put that in to one task and then when it doesn't go as you thought, you get a lot of feelings you are not ready to deal with.

God luck in your next project.

:whiner: buh bye now.

You surround yourself with your own drama and all those negative aspects and assumptions in your post have always been completely under your own control. Take some responsibility for your own actions its not always the Big bad world out to get ya.

First time victim second time volunteer :rolleyes: I am not sure why you keep signing up for the abuse.

What I think is sad is that you bring on alot of will to do some great stuff and get burned. Yes you get burned because you try too hard and try to erase the mistakes you do.

Creating sales threads and gets them deleted as you discover your mistakes.

Some people have been here since the very beginning and have helped alot of people through time.

If you had asked for help instead trying to push people over and make room for your big movements with your arms there would have been plenty of room for you.

Instead you choose to stick out your head - make a shout and then get back and pretend as it is the community that is the bad guy.

If you ever want a chance then grab your balls and squize abit. Its ok that it hurts when you make a mistake. But at least admit it instead of making alot of excuses. That is what pisses off the community.

I bet that if you had been sticking around for abit more and gave it all time enough then you would have had a great business. But truth before anything else is what drives this place.

People play this dynamic game with alot of passion. Some get mad some get rich. Basicly the same as life. Accept that people arent always friendly. They never are when its about real money...

But hey - if you really choose to give up then gl in whatever it is you choose to do in the future.

Keep it real and try to get a feeling of what it is you are trying to venture before you start bitching about it. I bet that would help alot.

Behind that big show sale I bet there could be a cool guy who would love this place if he gave it time and got to know people instead of just trying to think of himself.

And whereever you go to whatever game it is there will always be people with a bad temper and people who pretend to be something they arent.

Reactions: Pip
Oh, so you thought this game was about making money? Lol! Nub! :laugh:

You really should have tried actually playing the game in the first instance and not just being a (failed) trader ... it might have taught you a thing or two about what life is like in EU.

Honestly, you really have no idea, do you? Fucking "investment opportunity" ... give me a break!

The only reason you've run into "some really shady people" is because you asked for it. And regarding "the truth hurting a lot of egos", the only ego that has been hurt around here is yours - and deservedly so.

Now please ... go back to age of conan or wow (if you actually did play those games, which I find hard to believe) and leave us the fuck alone!

Edit: I never usually get angry over shit - but you really boil my blood!

Kudos to you guys giving him advice, a testament to the fact that the community aint what he makes it out to be,

but alas , this guy aint gunna take anything anyone tells him on board... if he had done, he wouldn't be posting such utter utter bollox in our forum.

Not once have i bashed you on these forums because to be honest you did cop a lot of crap that wasn't deserved but with such a blanket attack on the community like that i say good fucking riddance to you!!!

A broken heart can only heal with the ability to forgive and move on and only then will you find peace within yourself. Stop holding onto the past so tightly. Not EVERYONE here is a shady crook.

This line contradicts everything you said so either take your medication or take your own advice-you choose.
Personally if this is the last i hear from then everything only gets better from here.

too long to read...

Hoping this truly was your last post.

Nice way to make a lot of EFDs, only post threads that he knows people will write a lot of things...

Glad you've finally figured the community out. Just as you figured us out 6 weeks ago. You give yourself a lot more credit than is truly deserved. THAT alone is what makes me dislike you.

Nice way to make a lot of EFDs, only post threads that he knows people will write a lot of things...

Thread is in general discussion = no EFD

:D

Like others I have refrained from bashing in the past, but this really is the last straw. Or at least, hopefully it is the Last straw...

So I shall say to you what I said to your Wife last night...

"Take your money, and Fuck Off"

Well, he got personal first...

Couldn't let one last chance to poo-poo everyone else and tell us how you are better than us get away huh?

Well. Buh-bye.. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Ooooh.. I just realized. Is this our big present? You leaving? TY SO MUCH!

You keep threatening to leave us because we are all so awful, but you never follow it through.

I really hope that this time you carry out your 'threat'.

:wave:

I may broker a few things here and there to/for those I appreciate in the community and just hang back waiting to see what comes of the new planets...

Reports of his leaving are optimistic at best, this is just more of the same attention seeking behaviour we have seen over the past 3 months.

Anyway rule 18 has been broken so :wave:

*moans*
I can't believe I just read all of that!
:confused:

Plenty of rules broken as I'm sure you're aware MMA.

Thread is ultimately flame-bait, not saying I disagree with everything you've said but you continue to attack the community in general. You did get treated unfairly when you joined I agree, but these broad attacks in response don't solve anything.

So according to Rule 18, 5, 16 (at least): :locked:

Status
Back