Owning our own planet

gwit

Prowler
Katielicious mallow (Kat)
There are a number of us here of a certain age, with considerable business accumen and disposable cash or indeed with connections from whom we can raise cash.

Why not all get together and make an approach to have a planet developed, or would we rather just sit back and moan about bad loot cycles, skill nerfs etc. etc.

If i had that sort of Cash I would create a planet called "Project Entropia".

Everybody landing on the planet would have to go through customs where they could put all their skills and gear inside a safety deposit box.
You would be provided with Orange clothes.
You would have the option to deposit some money or go sweating. Sweat would come in pulls of max 4, and it would have a cap limit of sg level 120.
The tt would have the outbacko as rifle. Sib does not exist, neither do stats on a weapon (other then player invented/researched). Noob rifles commonly used would be the jester d-1, and the axe 1x0 with its 28 damage would be heaven for them.
Mobs would have peds in their loots, and precious armours and guns.
It would be possible to break or have slight profit with hunting sometimes.
Mobs could be lured under the legs of tanks to sweat them dry, and mobs could also be killed this way. Mobs would always have loot even if it was only 1 pec.
When ppl decided they had enough, they could put all their looted ancient/mod/adj weapons and gear and skills in a storage box and go through customs to get their entropia universe ones back.
The withdrawal function on the project entropia is malfunctioning, but depositing is possible, which ensures the planet has a healthy loot pool

Everybody landing on the planet would have to go through customs where they could put all their skills and gear inside a safety deposit box.
You would have the option to deposit some money or go sweating. Sweat would come in pulls of max 4, and it would have a cap limit of sg level 120.
The tt would have the outbacko as rifle. Sib does not exist, neither do stats on a weapon (other then player invented/researched). Noob rifles commonly used would be the jester d-1, and the axe 1x0 with its 28 damage would be heaven for them.
Mobs could be lured under the legs of tanks to sweat them dry, and mobs could also be killed this way. Mobs would always have loot even if it was only 1 pec.
When ppl decided they had enough, they could put all their looted ancient/mod/adj weapons and gear and skills in a storage box and go through customs to get their entropia universe ones back.
The withdrawal function on the project entropia is malfunctioning, but depositing is possible, which ensures the planet has a healthy loot pool

sounds like the good old PE days;)

I'm withou you on that one ;) lol ...

wasn't around back in pe days but read alot about it.. i am sure it would be a nice place to be :)

crossing my fingers hopeing for some rich idiot to creat a PE planet :yay::yay:

ill be happy to donate 100ped to the cause :D

Sounds good if you would also make mining the old way. I would love to try it out :) Never had a chance to see it, only heard about it....

There are a number of us here of a certain age, with considerable business accumen and disposable cash or indeed with connections from whom we can raise cash.

Why not all get together and make an approach to have a planet developed, or would we rather just sit back and moan about bad loot cycles, skill nerfs etc. etc.

This is allready discussed in another thread, use search.

Facts:
MA will still be in charge of the loot cycle so you would still be moaning.
A planet owner is in charge of the content, not the dynamics.

To be able to have a full controlled planet you need to develop your own system outside of Entropia Universe. If that is what you wan't and have to much money, your more than welcome to contact me :)

Actually, this is a marvellous idea. I guess it's one way to give the players what they want, as opposed to giving us some dressed up bunch of crap which is full of faults and flaws all us old PE'ers don't like.

There's definitely room in the market for a bit of nostalgia. I'm not saying bringing back PE would be the greatest idea, but bringing back elements of it would definitely attract a lot of people from EU. I think bringing back some of the feel and 'spirit' of the old game would go down well indeed.

The only problem as I see it is that MA are still very involved, and that the idea as a whole might not be viable as it would be based on the EU we know now.

There's a part of me that would love to see an independent version of PE done like some of the reverse-engineered MMOs we've seen in the past. I know it wouldn't be possible, but wouldn't it be cool?

For my answer on this matter, please see the thread with the same subject from last week :D

Hi kat,

Nice idea :)

but

I am sure calypso/CP/CND will have to face concurence and then it will improve to be the top planet ;) or they will make too much cash with the
plateform techno license and forget about calypso (I mean just improve it
a little) and another planet (partner) will take the lead.

I love concurence

Axel

You need to find out what your cash limits are and then approach MA with your ideas, Thats most likely what these other companies did...

Bring them a cash number, and im sure if its enough, they will make a planet ,where the mobs only loot ruga

I am sure calypso/CP/CND will have to face concurence and then it will improve to be the top planet ;) or they will make too much cash with the
plateform techno license and forget about calypso (I mean just improve it
a little) and another planet (partner) will take the lead.

MindArk said they will never stop developing Calypso! :D

You need to find out what your cash limits are and then approach MA with your ideas, Thats most likely what these other companies did...

Bring them a cash number, and im sure if its enough, they will make a planet ,where the mobs only loot ruga

As I said in the last thread, you need more than just money. You need (this is what MA has indeed said that you need):
1) Money money money (ofc)
2) An idea and a good development plan
3) A development team
4) Proof that you can bring alot of new players into the game

Now... when you're sure you have all that, you can approach MA.

Wouldn't it be better to just buy out Mindark?

I read this forum frequently, so guess I missed the other thread.

We have the EI Fund and MMA something or other tried to put something together (somehwat hastily I would add).

I am making a serious suggestion. A number of us could get together - could set it up in a proper legal form using a UK limited Liability partnership structure and approach MA with the idea.

I guess what is holding everyone back, is that the hassle factor would be enormous and at the end of the day we enjoy the gameplay not running the operation?

so the future is the past then? i wonder if there were such a retro planet which one would be more popular? personally the only think i miss is more consistant returns and lower more sensible hofs and ATH rather than 30k daily.

I am making a serious suggestion. A number of us could get together - could set it up in a proper legal form using a UK limited Liability partnership structure and approach MA with the idea.

I guess what is holding everyone back, is that the hassle factor would be enormous and at the end of the day we enjoy the gameplay not running the operation?

well, yes there's work to do. for a start you'll need a more original idea than retro world, MA wants new content. but other than that, they are providing the tools to do this cheaply, so get people together form a business plan and go for it.

Ahmmm

I read this forum frequently, so guess I missed the other thread.

We have the EI Fund and MMA something or other tried to put something together (somehwat hastily I would add).

I have a dream...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...2-entropia-universe-gamers-share-prosper.html

It's a couple million US$ to establish a planet.
I've already looked into it.

Your dev team is big bucks.

wait wait guys is not a bad idea. Maybe not a planet... but an asteroid? a base station? or some like this?????

Back