First planet company to take over planet calypso

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
FIRST PLANET COMPANY TO TAKE OVER PLANET CALYPSO
15 Oct 2008

This is a day of great fortune and aspirations, of excitement and hope, of respect and history. Continued operation and development of the planet Calypso is to be handled by MindArk PE AB subsidiary First Planet Company AB. I have been asked and I have accepted the role of CEO and Creative Director for First Planet Company, along with the responsibility of developing and marketing the MMORPG "Planet Calypso".

The Calypso journey began in mid-2002 when the commercial open trial phase started, leading up to the gold release of "Project Entropia" on the 30th of January 2003. I still remember the launch day as if it were yesterday. At seven minutes to midnight VU 4.2 was applied and Entropia officially went live. In April 2006 Project Entropia evolved into "Entropia Universe". And, now the online game known as Entropia Universe will evolve again to become "Planet Calypso".

The "Entropia Universe" brand will continue as the name of the platform all planets will operate on, continuously developed by MindArk PE AB. The creation of First Planet Company allows for focused and efficient development of both the Entropia Universe platform as well as development of Planet Calypso. First Planet Company will act as a partner planet within the Entropia Universe.

My vision is to supply the resources needed for the creative team to allow them the freedom and time to create interesting short- and long-term storylines, enhance and polish game-play, add role-playing aspects, and cater to events. It is also important to develop participant-based tools for creation of activities, add depth to the various activities present today, and of course introduce new activities not before seen.

My role will be to bring and maintain a coherency to the Calypso history and storyline. The over-arching goal is to make Planet Calypso a truly kick-ass Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game!

All virtual items, records, PED's, and item values will still be maintained by MindArk PE AB - as before. The change applies to the development side of game-play, design, content development and storyline.

With highest regards and a commitment to a fun and exciting future,

Marco Behrmann
CEO/Creative Director
First Planet Company AB - Planet Calypso

Originally Posted Here

First in:yay::yay:

Now let's read it lol

Whoa... interesting....

:yay: Good stuff Marco, I hope to speak with you soon regarding this! :)

That is... well might be... great :D then we can be sure that Calypso won't stop developing ;) lol

Excellent news.
We will not be forgotten as MindArk continue in a new direction.

I'm intrigued!!! :D All kinds of surprises await!!

Hmm, sounds interesting indeed... in fact, first interesting thing I hear coming from MA since quite a while. I'll be waiting. :)

EDIT: Is it me or is the first time I hear PE/EU/PC/whatever being referred as a MMORPG? (Something great, by the way) Also, I suppose the real-cash economy model will be still maintained as it has been all this time, right? :eek:

Last edited:
Excellent news.
We will not be forgotten as MindArk continue in a new direction.
yup yup... hopefully this will slow down some of the people worried about Calypso's continued developement.

Bring on the creativity and storylines PLEASE!!!!--grats on your promo Marco--Can't wait to see what new things you bring to the planet and how the MMORPG progresses.

Hm... I asked Marco before (in a Q&A) if they would have design competitions for the players and he said "yes"... I wonder if they will leave that up to the new companies or if MA will have some kind of decisionmaking in this?

Someone from MA comment on this please ;) lol

interesting .... hope to hear more soon about the new crew and future plans of First Planet Company AB

So Calypso will be "just another planet" (for want of a better phrase) and will be totally on a level playing field with other planets entering the "universe" fighting for the same users etc..

So effectively it appears that its going to be that there will be a lot of seperate mmorpg within the universe for everyone to take part in....I'm gonna loose all my friends from calypso :jawdrop: lol

Seems like theres going to be some EXCITING times....speaking of which, what ARE the timescales lol

Rip

It's all coming together huh! I thought they'd probably end up separating it out. Probably a good idea in the long-term. I doubt it'll make the blindest bit of difference to the way 'Planet Calypso' is run, but at least it now has a fairly clear path.

Good to see Marco taking over, possibly the least communicative ex-communications guy I've ever come across ;)

The end is coming. Keep out. This is really bad.

I don't know why is bad, but what else can you post after a news on a forum? It can't be good. Or it can? Nah... All news are bad. :scratch2:

sounds interesting and surely sounds as pretty good step !!!

Looking forward

WooHoo! I had been hoping that this would happen, to have a dedicated company to develop Calypso. In this fashion they can now concentrate on the game that we (most of us at least) love instead of trying to develop a platform and maintain this game at the same time.

I can't think of a better person to drive this new company than Marco, as he has demonstrated in the past his commitment to Calypso over and over again.

Congrats.:D

I am getting more and more impatient to see all the new things in eu :)

Seems like theres going to be some EXCITING times....speaking of which, what ARE the timescales lol

Rip

CE2 = Late 2008 (riiiight) to early 2009 (or something)

First new planets = year 2009

i'm glad Marco got the job. Big Gratz to ya.

:drink: To the future. :yay:

CE2 = Late 2008 (riiiight) to early 2009 (or something)

First new planets = year 2009
I predict January '09. Reasoning: Seeing as all these planet partners are being announced now, it seems reasonable to think that they wouldn't hold off more than 3 months. It also sounds reasonable that it's easier (in terms of taxes etc), to start making your first profits/'sales' in a new (fresh) calendar year.

Congratulations, First Planet Company A.B.

Truly exciting times, the future i see:D

Apprentice Jedi
Force Majeure

As I said several times, MA need to divide, a Calypso part and a EU part, and here it is.
I see this as good news. I sincerely hope that Marco will be able to focus on the content of Calypso. As he says, more focus on storyline and events. If we are lucky this will be the end to never finished storylines. Maybe he could get some help from Company P and do more things like the Notes event.

Gratz to Marco for his new position. How fast will he get his new desk and team? I would like him to start engraft the promises in this statement.

ooo darn time too chip out and leave now.... im not getting anything now that is good so if this will come then im domed :(

if im not getting a tower soon it seems like im going too leave pretty soon :/

I predict January '09. Reasoning: Seeing as all these planet partners are being announced now, it seems reasonable to think that they wouldn't hold off more than 3 months. It also sounds reasonable that it's easier (in terms of taxes etc), to start making your first profits/'sales' in a new (fresh) calendar year.

agreed :)

Hm... is this a full list of partners or am I forgetting something:

CKi
Next Island
First Planet Company AB
China
SEE Virtual Worlds

Interesting, I think this helps to give us a clearer picture of where MA and EU are heading.

I wonder if we will all still keep calling our game EU? Some people still call it PE :D

Grats on the new job Marco :)

And people like me who want/need to buy a new PC for CryEngine will be able to get a better deal after Christmas :)

Dont know if this has been posted any where before.

First Planet Company Limited
org.nummer: 556766-6416 Corporate: Limited

CEO: Behrmann, Marco
Registry: 2008
F-Taxes: Missing read more
VISITING ADDRESS
Järntorget 8
413 04 Gothenburg
Västra Götaland

First Planet Company Limited
Org.nummer: 556766-6416 Corporate: Limited

Registration Date: 2008-10-01

F-Tax status: Data on F-tax missing

ACTIVITIES / PURPOSE
The company aims for a global user base conduct Internet-based entertainment and other compatible activities

If we are lucky this will be the end to never finished storylines.

Gratz to Marco for his new position. How fast will he get his new desk and team? I would like him to start engraft the promises in this statement.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am humbled and proud and have some very exciting plans for the future.

And as to the previous non-finished storylines - I see it as a priority to close and finish many of these quite soon, to make room for this next era of Calypso's long future history.

Back