First planet company to take over planet calypso

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am humbled and proud and have some very exciting plans for the future.

And as to the previous non-finished storylines - I see it as a priority to close and finish many of these quite soon, to make room for this next era of Calypso's long future history.

You should change your title and avatar picture. :cool:

Edit: And make a new society ingame and change your soc tag on EF..

Lootius is all-powerful, I'm sure his influence extends to the furthest reaches of the universe :)

Gratz on the promotion Marco, can't wait to see what's in store :yay:

i saw this coming out of the "restructuring" in the last report, completly the right direction and preferable an IPO.

now, Marco, story lines are great, but about my loot....

Now that is exciting news!!

Gratz Marco!!

Looking forward to the "Crytropia" era more than ever! :yay::wtg:

I actually got scared when I saw the news. Reason? I have said this for
some time now, split MA in to two companies. :D Ok, sometimes I have
been sarcastic about it, but basicly, a serious thought.
Nice to see it comming... :)

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am humbled and proud and have some very exciting plans for the future.

And as to the previous non-finished storylines - I see it as a priority to close and finish many of these quite soon, to make room for this next era of Calypso's long future history.
This will make it quite interesting, to see what we will get in future.
Maybe it's end of "dmg/sec vs dmg/pec", eco here and eco there, and
more gameplaydiscussion in our great community... ;)
BTW, gratz to new job and good luck there Marco. :)

If this were my game, I would be in everyday experimenting and asking for comments on ideas etc.

I would be in the system all the time so that I would know exactly how the player sees everything.

But maybe that is just me.

Congratulations on the promotion.
I hope now that we see more content from you, I always got the feeling someone was pulling back your reigns, if not then damn ;)

I'm not really sure what to make of the restructure itself as yet. It depends on how the shares are split in the new company and how the charges from mindark to first planet work.

The only negative thing i can think of, is the name:

First Planet Company AB - Planet Calypso

Hope you don't have to say it a lot when you introduce yourself to people :)

Well congrats Marco and good luck!

I hope to see actions and not words though , so good luck to you and may EU have a shinny future!

I did kind of see this coming that MA wanted to go on to bigger and better things so MA kept the platform and kind of sold out Calipso, even though they made a new company to handle calispo MA has kind of sold it off.

weeee !!!!

This is somthing we all have ben whaiting for a long time .Game play will improve and Events and more are to be happening.I have to say this will be very good for us players to have Marco ,As a very skilld old roleplayer that knows what moste gamers whant.

I think a lot of things will change to what it whas in the past.When game play and Soc Hunts/Events will be a big part of what we do, insted of trying to create or own fun.

This will be my favorite planet that i will call home.So if the other planet owners whant me to go elsewere ,Thay better make a better kickass planet ;)

But i have to say i feel calm and happy that marco will handle this planet. :yay:

10/4 over and out Skalman

Second question:

If it is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game then the famous "it's not a game it is an universe" is no longer true ?

Calypso is the game, Entropia is the universe ;) not that hard, eh? :D:silly2:

wow! whats happening! :eek:

Anyway - Graz Marco!

All virtual items, records, PED's, and item values will still be maintained by MindArk PE AB - as before. The change applies to the development side of game-play, design, content development and storyline.

if mindark keeps the items and peds and their value,what point does this new company have?

i dont get it??

now if the peds items and their value went to the new company then people could feel more secure about "their" planet staying stable regardless of what happens with mindark's other adventures...

:wtg:Congratulations Marco!..and maybe a litle oficial event..to celebrate the new begining!!!!we need events..and storys and ...something..anything...:wtg:

Congrats to the FPC team!

Now that that's out of the way, how about a timely landgrab? Areas have been expired for a couple months now.

Congratulations on ur giant promotion, Marco. I hope you would not let us down :) All our hopes is on u :wtg:

Excellent news indeed!

Gratz Marco ;)

All virtual items, records, PED's, and item values will still be maintained by MindArk PE AB - as before. The change applies to the development side of game-play, design, content development and storyline.

if mindark keeps the items and peds and their value,what point does this new company have?

i dont get it??

now if the peds items and their value went to the new company then people could feel more secure about "their" planet staying stable regardless of what happens with mindark's other adventures...

read the quote you quoted and you might get it? :scratch2:

it is for focusing on DEVELOPING CALYPSO.... while MA focus on developing the universe and getting new partners...

Now, Marco, will we still have those design contests for the players? :D

Congrats to the FPC team!

Now that that's out of the way, how about a timely landgrab? Areas have been expired for a couple months now.

will probably not be until after CE2? :)

Gratz Marco that`s quite an ATH! :)

It certainly sounds like a step in the right direction. Unfortunately I`m still just waiting....and sweating.

A question:

What game am i playing now ?

Entropia Universe ?

Entropia Universe Planet Calypso ?

or

a MMORPG "Planet Calypso" ??????????

you're playing project entropia.

here's the problem, marco. and yes, i'm in ad pr and this is how i view it.

you gave us project entropia, then changed the name to entropia universe. now it's planet calypso. stop messing with the brand name, and just call the thing project entropia (it's what we all still call it).

other than that, great, glad to see a reasonable explaination on why i won't be able to fire my MM in a comedy club at next island and glad to know i won't be standing in a line at twin attempting to beg a pilot to take me to the universal pictures planet.

now just stop renaming the brand. project entropia was, is and continues to be fine!

otherwise, great announcement, glad to see some things moving forward. now just get us the cash card and everybody will be happy as peaches.

cheers.

Last edited:
Great news indeed glad Marco is CEO he will take a great lead in getting more role playing going.

great stuff

gratz on the promotion marco

gl

My first thought when I read the title of this thread was "oh no" but then I read the OP and I started to understand.

As others have mentioned it makes perfect sense to divide the two philosophies or rather different points of views on the subject into two different companies. That way development can be separated and the people working for both companies don't get caught up with issues of the other team.

My other concern was about the development of the CryEngine. Then it hit me that this news is also a hint regarding this. It basically says that the development of the switch to CryEngine is somewhat completed and the testing phase has started (already) :yay:. All the remaining issues (you know, bugs :rolleyes:) can be fixed by the remaining team. In other words we're like two or three months away from the release!!!

So all in all it's good to hear about this.

Gratz to Marco! I wish all the best for both MA and FPC!!!

:wtg::clap::cheer::dance::headbang::banana: :dancing:

you gave us project entropia, then changed the name to entropia universe. now it's planet calypso. stop messing with the brand name, and just call the thing project entropia (it's what we all still call it).

i kinda agree with that - let it be "project entropia planet calipso" an original testing place for all the fancies

The idea is great, the name, not so much. Who came up with First Planet Company? Your first order of business as CEO should be to fire that very unoriginal, non creative person! They obviously weren't thinking about us, as FPC doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. I mean, it can't be that hard to come up with something creative!

Calypso Inc.
Calypso Ltd.
EUPlanet Inc.
FerrarrisRus Inc.
or just
Ahh! The Egg Inc. would have worked the best I think!

Personally, I think MA will still feel the brunt of our deep rooted lack of loot issues.

Who came up with First Planet Company? Your first order of business as CEO should be to fire that very unoriginal, non creative person!

i'm pretty sure they cannot fire marco. :laugh:

i kinda agree with that - let it be "project entropia planet calipso" an original testing place for all the fancies

i've long felt as we are still playing a paid beta. it should still be called what it was when the company admitted it was beta.

project entropia is fine. i hate having to explain to ppl i try to convince to play pe that it used to be this, now that, now something else again.

it's like naming your soft drink koke for two years, then calling it cola universe then settling on coca cola. ffs, just stick with a name. this is branding 101.

you kept the PED the project entropia dollar. and decided not to rename it to the EUD entropia universe dollar. instead of considering it the PCD, just call the game project entropia, is my point.

other than that, great, glad to see a reasonable explaination on why i won't be able to fire my MM in a comedy club at next island and glad to know i won't be standing in a line at twin attempting to beg a pilot to take me to the universal pictures planet

Do we really know that about the pilots etc yet? As far as I know, we still don't have any idea yet exactly how we are going to come and go from one planet (game) to another inside the 'universe'. We may be able to fly yes, or teleport, or sign up and log in directly to each planet 'game' as separate entities. All seem possible to me, but I do wonder about the 'new' Planet Calypso and the promised opening of space, space flight, and of course ND's space pirates event/s, and how all of that is going to relate to the other planets if it does.

Loads of possibilities, loads of questions, but think it is a good thing overall. MA itself is not set to lose now no matter what planet (game) the players old and new actually go to.

Grats Marco on the new company, I look forward to the development of our game becoming a priority again, good luck :)

Last edited:
This is somthing we all have ben whaiting for a long time .Game play will improve and Events and more are to be happening.I have to say this will be very good for us players to have Marco ,As a very skilld old roleplayer that knows what moste gamers whant.

I think a lot of things will change to what it whas in the past.When game play and Soc Hunts/Events will be a big part of what we do, insted of trying to create or own fun.

This will be my favorite planet that i will call home.So if the other planet owners whant me to go elsewere ,Thay better make a better kickass planet ;)

But i have to say i feel calm and happy that marco will handle this planet. :yay:

10/4 over and out Skalman

did you get Marcos old job? :D

w00t!!

This is a great move! I think this is the best thing that MA could have done. Keep Marco as CEO of the "original" Entropia Universe planet while other avenues are created. This will truly be a virtual universe combining the Role-Playing said, Calypso, and bringing in new innovation, style, and content for many things to come. I look forward to the expansion of the universe.

Back