First planet company to take over planet calypso

Do we really know that about the pilots etc yet? As far as I know, we still don't have any idea yet exactly how we are going to come and go from one planet (game) to another inside the 'universe'. We may be able to fly yes, or teleport, or sign up and log in directly to each planet 'game' as separate entities. All seem possible to me, but I do wonder about the 'new' Planet Calypso and the promised opening of space, space flight, and of course ND's space pirates event/s, and how all of that is going to relate to the other planets if it does.

yes, as of this announcement, it seems rather clear that we won't be standing in twin to hire a pilot to leave our game to go to another in the platform.

that should end the speculation that hangars are worth upwards of 200k as that speculation has consisted of ppl that believe wholeheartedly that to go to another planet you will have to hire a pilot. i can barely get one to take me to cp, more less a 5 million dollar investment of another company.

i've never thought that model could actually work.

as of this announcement it seems rather clear that it's up to planet partners as to how the planets will be linked. i doubt rather seriously universal pictures wants to leave it up to mylcat to decide how many peds to fly me to their very expensive advertising spot in the universe.

infact, i cannot imagine they would be very happy entrusting mylcat with the possibility that i could easily log in and check out their planet.

correct me if i'm wrong, but that's how i read this announcement. infact, that's about all i get from it. but i'm sure david or marco could clarify if they wanted to.

I wondering if this new subsidiary will have a stock spinoff?

how the name may affect others...

planetcalypso.com
calypsopedia.info
pcauction.com

Last edited:
lol@skippie

i can just imagine the conversation:

Universal Pictures CEO: So i just logged in and I need a ride to my planet so that i can check out my virtual pent house.

Mylcat: np 400ped VIP flight and i'll get you there quick.

Universal Pictures CEO: 400ped? but i just paid 5 million usd for a planet..

Mylcat: so you can afford 400ped then.

Universal Pictures CEO: Logs out, Calls Marco

Marco: ohh yeah well First Planet Company is Dynamic.

Universal Pictures CEO: can't i just log in on my planet?

Marco: Call MA. Hangs up.

And as to the previous non-finished storylines - I see it as a priority to close and finish many of these quite soon, to make room for this next era of Calypso's long future history.

This part brought a tear to my eye

Grats Marco:yay:

as of this announcement it seems rather clear that it's up to planet partners as to how the planets will be linked. i doubt rather seriously universal pictures wants to leave it up to mylcat to decide how many peds to fly me to their very expensive advertising spot in the universe.

infact, i cannot imagine they would be very happy entrusting mylcat with the possibility that i could easily log in and check out their planet.

correct me if i'm wrong, but that's how i read this announcement. infact, that's about all i get from it. but i'm sure david or marco could clarify if they wanted to.

i would think that there will be a "lanet hub" from which you can go to all other planets on "big" ships. However from calipso itself you will still have to get to that hub - Calipso wont want to giveup their players for free either... by making it very easy to get to McD's planet, right?).

It might be a TP or a pilot or on CL you would be able to choose where to go...

i would think that there will be a "lanet hub" from which you can go to all other planets on "big" ships. However from calipso itself you will still have to get to that hub - Calipso wont want to giveup their players for free either... by making it very easy to get to McD's planet, right?).

It might be a TP or a pilot or on CL you would be able to choose where to go...

well to use your example, i believe that on log in to entropia universe, you will be able to pick which planet you log into.

therefore if i want fries with that i'll go to that planet.

if i want my normal value meal, i'll head into Planet Calypso or whatever marco is deciding to call it that week.

the hangars in our planet, are similar to the BBQ sauce provided with a 10 pack of chicken nuggets.

i'm not paying 100 peds to you, so my chicken mcnuggets taste a little better. at least mickey dee's has the foresight to offer BBQ sauce at no charge.

i'm sure moving forward, Mind Ark AB will allow you to log into any planet you choose to in their platform. i couldn't even imagine it working any other way than that.

lol@skippie

Universal Pictures CEO: So i just logged in and I need a ride to my planet so that i can check out my virtual pent house.

Mylcat: np 400ped VIP flight and i'll get you there quick.

Universal Pictures CEO: 400ped? but i just paid 5 million usd for a planet..

Mylcat: so you can afford 400ped then.

Universal Pictures CEO: Logs out, Calls Marco

Marco: ohh yeah well First Planet Company is Dynamic.

Universal Pictures CEO: can't i just log in on my planet?

Marco: Call MA. Hangs up.

hey i had a similar conversation with mylcat recently when he wanted to charge me 60 peds to fly me to cp.

i logged out, did not call marco, but waited for my normal ride up with serica at her normal and reasonable fee.

if i gotta fly with mylcat to the new planets, i'm not going! :D

lol@skippie

Universal pictures ceo: So i just logged in and i need a ride to my planet so that i can check out my virtual pent house.

Mylcat: Np 400ped vip flight and i'll get you there quick.

Universal pictures ceo: 400ped? But i just paid 5 million usd for a planet..

Mylcat: So you can afford 400ped then.

Universal pictures ceo: Logs out, calls marco

marco: Ohh yeah well first planet company is dynamic.

Universal pictures ceo: Can't i just log in on my planet?

Marco: Call ma. Hangs up.

hahahahahahaha

I am wondering since First Planet is a separate company that owns Planet Calypso, did Marco have to buy or license the planet or was it given to him as a gift from Parent Company(or is it a separate entity), Mindark.

Does Planet Calypso now have a claim deed and do all taxes now go to Marco (First Planet) or do they go to MA?

Does FPC control the loot on Calypso?

Do we all now have to whine to Marco even more when loot is bad?

well to use your example, i believe that on log in to entropia universe, you will be able to pick which planet you log into.

if i want my normal value meal, i'll head into Planet Calypso or whatever marco is deciding to call it that week.

the hangars in our planet, are similar to the BBQ sauce provided with a 10 pack of chicken nuggets.

i'm not paying 100 peds to you, so my chicken mcnuggets taste a little better. at least mickey dee's has the foresight to offer BBQ sauce at no charge.

i'm sure moving forward, Mind Ark AB will allow you to log into any planet you choose to in their platform. i couldn't even imagine it working any other way than that.

:D

that make sence, lets rephrase it a little - you can pick in CL which planet to go, just like TP but you can also pick a pilot and go through space as it's own game with pirats and suff...

that would be cool

This is great, so first of all big gratz Marco on this, it seems like a clear step in the right direction.

Let me just remind you that apart from some story lines there are some unfinished professions in game that need serious development namely:

Taming
Mindforce
Scanner
Taming
Taming...

You get the drift, would you comment if part of your plans as CEO includes actually making sure these areas do get at least some attention?

that make sence, lets rephrase it a little - you can pick in CL which planet to go, just like TP but you can also pick a pilot and go through space as it's own game with pirats and suff...

that would be cool

or you can just log out, and log back into entropia universe and pick the new planet you would like to go and enjoy exploring.

would be cooler, imho.

Do we all now have to whine to Marco even more when loot is bad?

as i read it, etopia can now completely leave the name Jan out of her whine posts.

the loot algorythm in planet calypso seems to squarely be the fault of marco.

get ready for that one, bud. i predict a whine thread coming your way in 3... 2... 1...

Actually I agree with you Skippie, makes no sense at all otherwise. Maybe the hub idea too, but not as the only way to fly (no pun intended on the old fly united joke :laugh:). Maybe we will get bigger and better ships within our little game to play pirates etc too though. Now I need to go, you making me hungry with all the fries, nuggets and bbq sauce.

or you can just log out, and log back into entropia universe and pick the new planet you would like to go an enjoy.

would be cooler, imho.

by cool, i mean we should have both options and free BBQ sause

I could almost hear Beethoven's 9th symphony playing in the background! :yay:
Our prayers have been heard, after all! :D

:wtg: Kudos for a great decision, MA! :wtg:

by cool, i mean we should have both options and free BBQ sause

i don't wanna pay for no stinking BBQ sauce, yea, but i would consider paying a ped here or there for some good wasabi.

I look forward to some stroylines that get finnished! I"m excited about it!

The thing about needing to use hangers to get to other planets has already been dismissed by MindArk. The people paying stupid amounts for hangars clearly are putting excitement before research.

I've already quoted them on saying this more than once before....If I must, I will go hunt down that quote again.

As for the news - Big congratz Marco, I'm glad that you got the job as opposed to someone else we've had no interaction with. Very happy for you. :)

Most bbq sauce is nothing but corn syrup anyhow.

Back on topic the continuation of story lines and wrapping up of various loose ends would be very welcome to all players I am sure.

Gratz Marco that sounds like an interesting job :yay: and i think you're the right man to do it.

I'll try to give Marco the benefit of the doubt, but really I don't expect much to change at all in the way Calypso is actually run.
I mean come on people be real, the sun doesn't shine out of Marco's ass. You can bet he's been in on and part of all the big boneheaded decisions made by Mindark in the past.
Still I do wish you luck Marco and it will be nice to see old, somewhat incomprehensible story lines finished at least.

Okay after reading through all the "pilots?" speculation...

What MindArk has said about this earlier (lots and lots earlier) is the following:
"The hangars/pilots that exist now will not be the only way to get between planets."

Okay? ;)

What MindArk has said about this earlier (lots and lots earlier) is the following:
"The hangars/pilots that exist now will not be the only way to get between planets."

Okay? ;)

Thats not what they said at all, dammit now I'm gonna have to hunt out that quote again....

But it basically made out that Hangars would not be used inter-planetary at all.

All hail King Marco. Gratz on the move up Marco

OK, found it:

Quote from David Simmons at CES yesterday when I asked him about hangers and space pirates.

"Whoever said you would need a ship to travel between planets?"

Then he ran off to do another interview......

I suppose that could be conceived as you said NightHawk. Sorry if I sounded snappy, was just annoyed I had to go hunt out that quote again. :) I have now saved the link on my desktop to avoid waisting another 10/20 min hunt for it. :)

This can be either very good or very bad news, depending on what you've read between the lines :). I hope it's not just a MA's repudiation of this old project in favour of new projects with new partners.

Okay? ;)

Okay ... and since chat has diverted in part to space travel, I just posted a new article entitled "Space Travel Blues - What's the Solution?" ... although, in light of this recent news, I changed the ending of it. :D

Hmm.. Will CND still be part of "First planet" or will it be taken over by ND studios?

And will we get a REAL community representative now?

Really clever move! Congratz Marco and good luck! :)

Good luck Marco we will always support our roots....;)

Back