PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MMA Big Show
    Images

New Planets - A Little Info

David Simmons called me last week about my interest in developing a new planet for Entropia. I don't have much information I'm allowed to give here due to an NDA, but I thought I would let everyone know that what you can expect to see on new planets is basically anything someone can dream up.

My understanding is that anything you want to do can be done with your planet so long as it falls in line with the general basis of Entropia.

They are selecting planet owners that will cater to specific niches. I personally was interested in establishing a planet focused around sports, music and mystery inside a violent world. However, I've decided to begin development on my own RCE game called Zempa Universe of which a team is being put together.

There is a chance down the line that I will take Mindark up on establishing a planet as it seems like a fair enough deal, however, I would like to get a bit more into the fabric of MMORPG and the associated economics and establish my own RCE world prior to engaging in a planet in EU.

In any case, those of you looking to work together on your own planet or something should start with 2 million in funding in the least for development costs over the first couple of years.

I wont go into the specifics due to the NDA but if you have the money, I can see how this kind of partnership could be beneficial. Just dont expect to develop a planet and suck the life out of Calypso as MA only wants developers capable of marketing their planet as a stand alone product with little mention of EU. The idea is to cater to niches and draw new people in, not recycle current players.

Hope this helps anyone interested.
    www.mmabigshow.com Watch my new TV show!
    JasonAppleton.com Fight Promoter, Fighter Manager & Family Man

Raoul Caiman Lefutee
    Society
    Antipodean Army (ret.)
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mmabigshow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    However, I've decided to begin development on my own RCE game called Zempa Universe of which a team is being put together.
    Gosh, you're god's gift to mother-in-laws...

SCNR

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next to the Ketchup, and to the Left of the Cole Slaw
    Bare BareBones Bones
    Society
    Skillin Villains
    Images
    So is Mindark asking you to be a spokesperson for their product , seems a bit odd you are advertising your own product while posting about theirs.

Bones
    Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
    11 October 1884 7 November 1962

MindArk Official
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    So is Mindark asking you to be a spokesperson for their product , seems a bit odd you are advertising your own product while posting about theirs.

Bones
    No, he just wants to advertize his product and posts some info from MA while he's at it... although there is almost nothing we didn't already know...

And about the things we did not really know, I am more concerned about the subject "did he really have permission to post that?"

Oh well
    Community liaison in charge of player-developer communications.
    If you have feedback or questions, please make a thread about it.

I do not handle support issues and will generally not answer forum private messages.
    This account was made official on June 15th, 2016. Posts from before this date are not official.

Old
    Society
    Pyrates of Calypso
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    No, he just wants to advertize his product and posts some info from MA while he's at it... although there is almost nothing we didn't already know...

And about the things we did not really know, I am more concerned about the subject "did he really have permission to post that?"

Oh well
    Was thinking the same thing.

But back onto the subject... your making your own RCE? :P

Bat Phone

David Simmons called me last week about my interest in developing a new planet for Entropia....

...My understanding is that anything you want to do can be done with your planet so long as it falls in line with the general basis of Entropia.

They are selecting planet owners that will cater to specific niches. I personally was interested in establishing a planet focused around sports, music and mystery inside a violent world. However, I've decided to begin development on my own RCE game called Zempa Universe of which a team is being put together.

In any case, those of you looking to work together on your own planet or something should start with 2 million in funding in the least for development costs over the first couple of years.

I wont go into the specifics due to the NDA but if you have the money, I can see how this kind of partnership could be beneficial. Just dont expect to develop a planet and suck the life out of Calypso as MA only wants developers capable of marketing their planet as a stand alone product with little mention of EU. The idea is to cater to niches and draw new people in, not recycle current players.

Hope this helps anyone interested.
    It certainly does help, although most of it is old news. Good luck with 'Zempa Universe' it certainly sounds....full. The '2 million' is that dollars or PED?

'Recycling' 40k active Calypsians is not a Marketing Strategy I can see bearing fruit, it would certainly be worsened by looking for a niche in an environment with increasing competition. - Thanks for your efforts though.

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/...anet-team.html
    What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.

Christopher Hitchens

2M PED or USD?
    Anyway, from what I've read about you, and your willingness/ability to invest in EU, it seems way out of your league.

However, I've decided to begin development on my own RCE game called Zempa Universe of which a team is being put together.
    No offense, but...

I just hope you workers is paid in advance.

Old
    Society
    Pyrates of Calypso
    Images
    Bleh i hate editing selectively
    Last edited by Manix6; 10-26-2008 at 23:40. Reason: i cant even be bothered to edit anymore

Stalker
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Sexymom Hooters Hoots
    Society
    Dark Hunters Inc.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
    2M PED or USD?
    Anyway, from what I've read about you, and your willingness/ability to invest in EU, it seems way out of your league.
    I think you made a very good point there .

Good luck with your new game. If i ever hear of that game in the future through some friends, the internet or some sort of advertisement, I may come try it. Sounds like a very big project to undertake!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ray Superunknown Butcher
    Society
    entropiasearch.com
    Images
    stand alone so the entropia universe wont be linked together using teleports or spacecraft??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast